A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Alpha Panda, Serenity RPG OC

Why have you not taken the internets yet? You should take them.

Seriously though. This should be fun. I hope you enjoyed my character intro.

Also, if it helps I have also describe my character to Erasmus as looking like Kahlan from the Legend of the Seeker.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Absolutely love the episode intro, Adlan. As others have stated, you win.

Here's Greg's character summary, including some spoilered information that I had previously only given to Adlan in PMs. Read if you want, but I think it's better if you don't; figured I'd follow Sunfall's example with Grace and put it here with a warning.

Gregoire Reaufort

Backstory:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gregoire was born on Aberdeen to Henri and Michelle Reaufort, some thirty-two years ago. As a child, he did not play with toy guns as most of his peers did; the toys he liked best were stones and hay, leaves and chunks of bark. Each stone would represent a soldier, each leaf a battlement. He used hay to plot line of attack, and bark and large stones served as ships and artillery. Soon, he began envision elaborate space battles, and as a teenager, he took a strong liking to chess and other strategic board games. He also began orchestrating fake battles between his friends; none of them took to giving out orders as well as he did.

When the Unification War broke out, Greg enlisted immediately. However, it quickly became evident that he could not fire a gun to literally save his life; distressed squad mates frequently found themselves pulling the useless Greg out of firefights on the retreat. His commanding officer was beginning to get angry at Greg's inability. Unfortunately, before that frustration could come to a head, Lieutenant Barnes was killed in action. Without the lieutenant, the squads were in disarray; the lack of coordination and forethought in their attacks was costing them the skirmish. Greg stepped up to the plate and, in his best impression of Barnes, began barking orders. Soon, they stopped losing ground, and then suddenly they were gaining it. The Browncoat squads were flanking, sapping, diverting... Alliance positions began to fall, and what was a shaky extraction soon became a rout. The shuttles sent to pick up the losing Independents were soon repurposed to chase down the last of the Alliance stragglers.

After it came out that Greg had been giving all the orders the men had thought Barnes was giving, he was taken out of the squads and placed on the closest things the Independents had to flagships, helping them where he could with his strategic input. His gift was appreciated, and he helped turn the tide of a few engagements with advice behind the scenes. Humble to his core, it didn't get out that it was Greg coordinating movements on the ground.

Greg was in orbit during the battle of Serenity Valley. He was advising the troops on the ground as best he could, but it was not a winning scenario no matter who was running the show. His ship quickly lost contact with the ground forces; a busted coil in the scrap ship blew at the wrong time, and the explosion put a hole in the hull that began to vent all the atmosphere. Greg was the only one to make it to the ship's shuttle, despite his attempts to help others along with him. When it became clear that the war was lost, Greg vanished with the derelict shuttle.

In recent years, Greg has become... bored. With no war, he can only trounce old men at chess so often before it becomes routine. He was never quite steady aboard a ship, but at least that's adventure; he needs to get off of boring rocks, and back into the action. And so, the tactician has begun looking for a ship he can sign onto... or, perhaps, a bird he can captain himself.

Personalty:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greg is intelligent and personable. He radiates an air of confidence and competence in whatever he does, even when it comes to firefights, which he is still terrible at. He rarely, if ever, loses his cool, and he is almost a perfect, stereotypical example of a Rim World Gentleman.

Questions, Answered!
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. What's your character's greatest accomplishment / fondest memory?

I'm fond a the day I took over operations durin' a fight planet-side. Our lieutenant, damn hard ass, didn't much like the way I carried a gun. Which is to say, not well. Any case, he gets offed by some Alliance scrub stickin' his head outta cover. Without orders, the squads are a mess; each is firin' at will, and they're takin' more'n they're givin'. So I pick up Barnes, the lieutenant, I pick up his comm. I start barkin' orders in his voice; always had a knack for impressions, y'know? So I start barkin' orders. I get to high ground fer a better view, an suddenly, it's just like the games I played as a kid. Three hours later, the shuttles sent to extract us are runnin' down Alliance stragglers, an' we only gave up one man fer every two we took. After that, they brought me up to the big ol' ships so I could help with bigger battles. Damn proud a that, I am.

2. What's your character's worst nightmare?

Losin' the men under my command. When I enter that tactical zone, y'know, I start lookin' at men as numbers, right? An' when I leave it again, I realize how many men I ordered to their deaths... it's not enough, end a the day, to trade em' two to one, three to one, ten to one... no matter how well I do, when I lose men, it wasn't enough. Part of me is glad the war is done... most excitin' part a my life, but also the worst nightmare, y'know?

3. What're your character's views on the other side, whichever side that is?

Not overly fond a the Alliance, or their rules. Bastards killed pretty much everyone I knew in the war. Not going to fly to Persephone an' start shootin' people up or nothin'. We lost, fair'n'square, but don't mean I have to like it.

4. On a scale from 1 to genocide, how far would your character be willing to go to get what he/she wants?

That's a dumb scale, y'know? But I get the point. The answer is "low". I'm done sendin' men ta their deaths. So whatever number is where it starts involvin' killin' folks, put down as the one afore that.

5. On a scale from 1 to death, how much would your character be willing to sacrifice to protect his/her interests and/or the others?

I'm fond a this here hide a mine, but like I said, I'm done sendin' men ta their deaths. If it comes down to leavin' someone behind so the others can skidaddle, I'm electin' myself.

6. Is there anyone in the 'Verse who wants your character dead? If so, who / what organization(s) / how badly?

Alliance ain't too fond a what my, ah, how'd their shrinks put it? "Tactical insights" did fer em' durin' the war. But they see I'm tired. If they ain't gunnin' fer me, who is?

7. What is your character working for? (Money, fame, adventure, survival, etc.)

A cure fer boredom. The war was a nightmare, but it was excitin' too. I'm done playin' grumblin' old men at checkers. It's time to find a new battlefield fer Greg Reaufort. One that involves less tellin' people ta die.

SPOILER ALERT; Do Not Read if you like surprises even a little bit
    Spoiler
    Show
    The backstory, answered questions and sheet I posted in the thread are all an elaborate facade. Greg's real name is Orelle LaFontaine, and his real sheet is here.

Here's Orelle's backstory, and his real answers to the seven questions.

Backstory:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Orelle LaFontaine was born on Persephone to parents he barely remembers. As a toddler, his home in the middle-income district of the planet's capitol was set ablaze for unknown reasons; perhaps his parents were involved with the planet's underworld and made the wrong people angry. Or, perhaps, an arsonist just picked the house out of the blue. In either case, Orelle was the only one to survive the inferno when firemen arrived on the scene. He was put into an Alliance orphanage and raised on the streets of the capitol's slums.

Seeing the destitution around him growing up, the young Orelle was disgusted. He also saw from a distance the way the city's upper crust lived, and he resented them for it. But most of all, he wanted to be a part of them. Orelle was a brilliant child, and he read incessantly to broaden his knowledge base. He learned tidbits about everything from history to military tactics, any book he could get his hands on. A great many of them he had to steal, with no income of his own to pay for new books.

At the age of fifteen, Orelle applied to a private school in the richer district, and managed to seize a spot because of the school's grant for teaching a few underpriviledged children. Though his classmates looked down on the penniless Orelle, he quickly showed his teachers that he was smarter and harder working than any of his peers. At lunch, he conned his classmates out of their parents' money, using whatever he got to buy more books; once he'd read them, he sent them back to the orphanage for the other kids to learn to read with.

Orelle graduated on Persephone with honours. As the Unification War came to a close, the brilliant boy then promptly disappeared completely. None of his college acquaintances, nor his fellow orphans or caregivers, ever heard from him again.

A few years later, two years after the War ended, the news on Osiris began to cover a strange series of events, in which rich heirs began to suddenly curtail their spending habits. One intrepid reporter managed to hack into one man's financials, only to find that there weren't any. The man had been cleaned out, and it seemed his trust fund was reluctant to refill his coffers. When the story broke, a score of young men came forward to reveal that the same had happened to them. They told of an enigmatic deceiver who'd tricked them out of their inheritances, leaving them nearly penniless. Even with the news covering the story, more men continued to be duped in increasingly complex business deals. With the major stations on Osiris dubbing this mystery man “The Godfather of Osiris”, business on the planet began to stall, as the rich became less and less willing to invest capital in ventures, too many of which were fronts for the master thief. Eventually, the Alliance took note of the problem, and an Operative was dispatched to investigate the matter.

At that point, the Godfather of Osiris promptly vanished. All the money he'd stolen was gone, too. Though no one took special notice, orphanages all over the Core systems began receiving anonymous donations. And then, as if he'd existed all along, Gregoire Reaufort appeared one day on the Rim, a Unification War veteran with a derelict old ship. A tactician in the war, everyone he'd been close to had died, but the records showed his service clearly. And Orelle LaFontaine? He'd never existed. Not a single trace of him, on the Cortex or elsewhere. Coincidentally, the nefarious grifter known by the media as the Godfather of Osiris hasn't committed any thefts in the last two years. Every so often, Alliance news does a brief broadcast about him, but the trail seems to have gone cold.

Questions, Answered!
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. What's your character's greatest accomplishment / fondest memory?

I'm proud of a lot of things. Showing up all the rich kids and slumdogs alike when I made top of my class in school. Stealing the shirts off of the richest bigwigs on Osiris... I suppose I'm just proud of beating the odds at every turn. It's what I do.

2. What's your character's worst nightmare?

Being captured, having my cover blown, and then dying. I'm not ready to leave this world for some time, yet. Being dead is the only setback from which I cannot recover.

3. What're your character's views on the other side, whichever side that is?

Other side? Hah! The whole 'Verse is full of idiots and blowhards. Marks, the lot of them, and especially dumb ones. When I'm done, it won't matter if they're Alliance or Browncoats; they'll all feel just how stupid they truly are.

4. On a scale from 1 to genocide, how far would your character be willing to go to get what he/she wants?

I'm not planning to get anyone killed. I just want the 'Verse to wake up and see how broken it is. I won't kill people on the way, though. People die enough without my help.

5. On a scale from 1 to death, how much would your character be willing to sacrifice to protect his/her interests and/or the others?

In the long run, I'm more valuable to the 'Verse alive than dead. I won't make someone die in my place, but I'm not planning to die in theirs, either. If I can talk or shock my way out of a situation, then I'll be surprised. Ask me again once that's happened.

6. Is there anyone in the 'Verse who wants your character dead? If so, who / what organization(s) / how badly?

Oh, probably everyone. Mostly the former socialites on Osiris whose bank accounts I emptied. The Alliance, who's a fan of the rich men I bankrupted. A handful of other dumbasses I've duped. Good thing none of them have a clue who I am, eh?

7. What is your character working for? (Money, fame, adventure, survival, etc.)

The 'Verse needs an overhaul, and I'm the only one who sees it. It starts by making more like me; well-educated Cortex spectres who grew up on the streets. When we've drained the Alliance dry, we'll give the folks in the slums a shot at a good life. I've had my share of dealings with crimelords, and they're going too. When I've reinvented the 'Verse the way it ought to be, then I'll rest. For now, I'm just taking a... hiatus. Too much media attention on Osiris. I'll go back to my ways soon enough.

This isn't being recorded, is it? Ah, right. Not anymore. * Bzzt, bzz bzat! * Was that tape recorder so expensive? Sorry, but I can't let you remember this interview. This isn't going to hurt much... I don't kill people, remember? * Bzzt! * There we go, just sleep it off. The concussion should haze up your memory. Your next interviewee will be along shortly... one Gregoire Reaufort, I believe.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ahahahaha! Adlan, you rule Take an internet for that! Especially love the parts for Jack, Lei and Greg - so fitting! Makes me regret I didn't take someone with a whole lot of moving images...

*goes looking* Who'da thunk - there are videos of Margaret Atwood on Youtube
    Last edited by Sunfall; 2012-10-19 at 11:49 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, did we ever decide who bunks with whom, aside from some exclusive peoples?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Terry for my irate Nightmare Alchemist Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Creed, you guys are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Now for Creed to quote me and say something snarky. And the circle of life will be complete.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Firbolg in the Playground

That was absolutely amazing, Adlan!
    What program did you use to cut that - Premiere, Final Cut Pro?

Also Lentrax, I figured out why I couldn't see the picture you posted! My company has apparently blocked the host website you linked... so nothing showed up in your post but a blank line.

Post-post-script: I know we are only just past the one page mark, but this is already the best RP-driven game I have been a part of this far on these forums. All too often I have seen posters that offer nothing more than two sentences at a time with little to no character or "flare". So far... I am very much enjoying myself. Thank you guys (all of you)!
    Last edited by Erasmas; 2012-10-20 at 01:33 AM.
    "There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont
    "I fight... so that you don't have to."
    - Templar Thomas Marshall
    "I am not a warrior." "Very soon... you will be."
    - Conversation between Ahmad ibn Fadlan and Herger the Joyous

6. - Top - End - #66
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Erasmas View Post
    That was absolutely amazing, Adlan!
    What program did you use to cut that - Premiere, Final Cut Pro?
    iMovie.

Post-post-script: I know we are only just past the one page mark, but this is already the best RP-driven game I have been a part of this far on these forums. All too often I have seen posters that offer nothing more than two sentences at a time with little to no character or "flare". So far... I am very much enjoying myself. Thank you guys (all of you)!
    Good!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfall View Post
    Ahahahaha! Adlan, you rule Take an internet for that! Especially love the parts for Jack, Lei and Greg - so fitting! Makes me regret I didn't take someone with a whole lot of moving images...

*goes looking* Who'da thunk - there are videos of Margaret Atwood on Youtube
    Well, I was planning on updating it as the series continued, so thanks for the links.

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    Why have you not taken the internets yet? You should take them.

Seriously though. This should be fun. I hope you enjoyed my character intro.

Also, if it helps I have also describe my character to Erasmus as looking like Kahlan from the Legend of the Seeker.
    Not really I'm afraid, A picture or link to video of them would though, as the one I used is too small really.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrela View Post
    I'll be using ships perception + my alertness to find something, then tech-use + intelligence to see if I can figure out what it is.
    I hereby second Creed's motion for Adlan to have all the Internet for that intro. Seriously, good work. Although, now we know what you look like, Adlan. bum-bum-BUUUUMMMM!
    Yeah you know what I look like (also, observe my Avatar)... but if you look through my other video's you'll know my other hobbies, and how many involve sharp and dangerous implements.

Also, great call on the rolls, exactly right. You Confirm it's a really there with the sensor readings, and from them you can deduce it's a Mid-sized ship, no signs of life support or any major heat production. Probably trying to take a short cut off the usual space routes and ran into somekind of trouble.

When/If you get closer to the ship:
    Spoiler
    Show

Hanging in Space, the Derelict is a 2nd Gen Marshal Stag (02-M22s), the nose art and name on the side reveal the ship to be 'Buck'. It looks stable enough, and as you get close, an emergency beacon can be detected, though the signal really should be much, much stronger.

@Narmoth,
    I agree, I got a bit confused on peoples locations then.

Do we want to establish a Convention? Start each post with Name and Location? I'll start each of my posts with a Scene and Location?

If we just put them in bold at the top of our posts, it might help avoid confusion.

Also, Info for Dane:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are locked in your Cabin. huddled under a heat blanket. You woke from the cold, and the hatch out of your cabin is freezing and won't open. You are almost out of booze, and the Air that your freezing breath hangs in like a cloud is getting more and more oppressive. Fortunately, there is an Emergency O2 Canister in the cupboard, but you have no idea how long you've been out of it, how long the air will last, or where the rest of Buck's crew is.

Also, a Note on Pacing. How soon do people want me to Progress on a Scene? Should I wait for everyone to post before moving on (impractical I feel, given that not every scene will need everyone), or would people like it on a schedule? I can always play it by ear of course.
    Necromunda Total War:IC
    Necromunda Total War:OC

Spoiler
    Show
    Brair Freeman of Tariola, 4 levels of Ranger.
    Amiri Pakeha Khan, M.Eng Ship's mechanic.

And I'll dance to Tom Payne's bones,
    Dance to Tom Payne's bones,
    Dance in the oldest boots I own,
    to the rhythm of Tom Payne's bones.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

It's Adrian, not Dane.
    Besides that, totally awesome game, Adlan!

I think putting a name and location in start of each post is a good thing with so many players
    check out my metal band: http://www.facebook.com/Dreamslain

Wash: "Sweetie, we're crooks. If everything were right, we'd be in jail."

8. - Top - End - #68

Quote Originally Posted by Narmoth View Post
    It's Adrian, not Dane.
    Besides that, totally awesome game, Adlan!

I think putting a name and location in start of each post is a good thing with so many players
    My bad, I was using the two interchangeably out of confusion.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    Hey, did we ever decide who bunks with whom, aside from some exclusive peoples?
    I know Greg requested a solo room, but that might be impossible with our ship's layout. I don't quite understand how to interpret the numbers in the crew quarters section.
    My Homebrew
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Adlan View Post
    I kinda took your depp reference and ran with it. Please make sure you all click the link, it's just to a YT video, but I hope you will all approve, even if I took some liberties.

Remember, it's now two days ago.

Whoever is manning the sensors, you detect something on the edges of the shipping lane. it's worth checking out with a full sensor sweep anyway.
    And unless we decide we want to go totally freeform, I'd suggest it's a Ships Agility +whoever is at the controls relevent skills to see what they can deduce from their sensors read out.
    Really, really loving that video - you did an amazing job!

11. - Top - End - #71

Oh... and it really isn't a huge deal, but just since you said there would be future videos... my screename is Erasmas, instead of the traditional 'u' spelling. It's a long story to type out on my phone, but it has to do with my first D&D character.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

12. - Top - End - #72

Oh... and it really isn't a huge deal, but just since you said there would be future videos... my screename is Erasmas, instead of the traditional 'u' spelling. It's a long story to type out on my phone, but it has to do with my first D&D character.
    Not an issue, I'll correct it for the next episode.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

By the way, that clip was absolutely perfect for Greg; he's totally useless with guns .
    My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #74

Thsnk you very much!
    Again, that video is too cool for school. I've watched it like ten times... and now I am about to show it to my wife.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

15. - Top - End - #75

I was going to give out plot points for good Rping and helping to establish the setting, but being as everyone is doing that ( YAY, people who love the Verse as much as me), I'll have to be Stingier.

cgrela, Plot Point for keeping us moving Forwards, I'll prep an IC airlock post for posting tomorrow, but if anyone needs more time to post, let me know and I'll delay it.

and Shadow_Elf with Aneurin, plot point each for such good character interaction and Dialouge, it set up so much about the characters and what we do on the boat (we do 'milk runs', and the 'heavy jobs' ) just from the discussion.

edit:

Alertness (1d10)[7]+ Perception (1d6)[5]
    Intelligence (1d10)[1] + Mechanical Engineering (1d6)[2] (to see if she can identify the cause of any noticed external damage)
    12 for Observation.

You quickly detect a rupture in the ship, as if it has been stoved in by something now missing, and soon your spotlights illuminate the full extent of the damage, the outerskin crumpled like rice paper and the internal ceramic layer ripped like insulating foam.

3 for Deducing the cause.
    It'd take a lot of patching to get that sound to hold atmo, any idiot can see that. But what could cause that sort of Damage... well who knows what could do that? Of all the spacer hazards, hitting anything bigger than a grain of dust was very rare away from a planet.
    Last edited by Adlan; 2012-10-20 at 02:38 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Here is a link to a video featuring Kahlan Amnell from the show Legend of the Seeker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC2r...eature=related

I personally don't care for the show, but the actress playing Kahlan is pretty close to how I envision Sia looking.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Greg's "Nose for Trouble" asset let's him roll a check to see if anything hinky is going on. In this case, I think it's intelligence, but sometimes it's alertness. Since this is a warranting situation, he gets +2 step to his Intelligence for the roll.

Spoiler
    Show
    Intelligence: (1d12)[5] + (1d4)[1] + Intuition (1d8)[7] to see if he feels something is off about the other ship.
    My Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #78

So... a bit of a sidenote:

When Voltaire posted his picture of Shooter, I wasn't lying about the Bon Jovi-ness that popped up into my head. Jokingly... my friend, my wife, and I started talking about how awesome/disturbing a Bon Jovi cover of the Serenity theme song would be. Ever since then, I could not get the idea out of my brain. Now, my searching did not turn up much, but the curiosity did turn up this little gem (the novelty wears off after the first minute or so):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=315tYkYxT1k

But, enjoy all the same!

EDIT: I also found this one (it's a little less "Mal-centric".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CO1z...eature=related
    Last edited by Erasmas; 2012-10-20 at 03:06 PM.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Thanks for the plot point! Let me know if I'm moving it forward too much. When I play a character who can move things forward in a constructive way, I can get a bit carried away.
    07/03/2018: I’m back. The long break was necessary.

Discord Tag #4097

20. - Top - End - #80

So... a bit of a sidenote:

When Voltaire posted his picture of Shooter, I wasn't lying about the Bon Jovi-ness that popped up into my head. Jokingly... my friend, my wife, and I started talking about how awesome/disturbing a Bon Jovi cover of the Serenity theme song would be. Ever since then, I could not get the idea out of my brain. Now, my searching did not turn up much, but the curiosity did turn up this little gem (the novelty wears off after the first minute or so):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=315tYkYxT1k

But, enjoy all the same!

EDIT: I also found this one (it's a little less "Mal-centric".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CO1z...eature=related
    Continuing the side note: Mal's Song written by Michelle Dockrey, it's a continuation of the Theme Song, and it's awesome.

If you haven't come across the Bedlham Bards, go check them out too, and the Brobdenogian Bards have also done some good firefilk.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Continuing the side note: Mal's Song written by Michelle Dockrey, it's a continuation of the Theme Song, and it's awesome.

If you haven't come across the Bedlham Bards, go check them out too, and the Brobdenogian Bards have also done some good firefilk.
    I've looked long and hard for an extended theme song, and that one was pretty good! I do have to say I think the show's singer caught the feel of the show better in his vocals, though, but of course the version he had to sing isn't a full song.
    My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

I do like the lyrics - not so sure the voice works with it, though. Still pretty good, though!

Okay, cashing in that Plot Point for a Major Trustworthy Gut question; Does the damage look like something that could be faked?

23. - Top - End - #83

Nice... I like that.
    I do agree, however, the gruff male voice definitely holds a little more to the overall feel of the harshness of life in the 'Verse.

Definitely not trying to leave anyone out, but I figure anyone else that hasn't posted yet could just join us (somewhat) retroactively.
    Last edited by Erasmas; 2012-10-20 at 04:11 PM.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

24. - Top - End - #84

Quote Originally Posted by Aneurin View Post
    I do like the lyrics - not so sure the voice works with it, though. Still pretty good, though!

Okay, cashing in that Plot Point for a Major Trustworthy Gut question; Does the damage look like something that could be faked?
    It's got to be a Yes no Question, and unfortunately, you've worded that question wrong.

What you want to ask me is 'Is that Damage Faked' to which the answer could be yes or no.

The Answer to your question is not a Yes/No you want to waste a plot point on. Because nearly everything looks like something that could be faked, given sufficient dedication to faking. And it'd be a perception + relevent knowledge to determine likelihood of faked damage. (for an example, See This Royal Marine MP kick arse)

And I may not be this nice of GM all the time

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

So I should rather roll that skill? Though I was just looking for physical clues, like radiation, residue or some such...

26. - Top - End - #86

So I should rather roll that skill? Though I was just looking for physical clues, like radiation, residue or some such...
    Hold On, I'm now one very confused GM, For somereason I'm not 'allowed' to subscribe to my own IC thread and I've apparently missed stuff. Unfortunately, I'll be busy for the next few hours, but I will get on it ASAP. Sorry for the Inconvenience.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yeah, forum's been doing some strange stuff since the update... I, for one, am not allowed to check other users' recent posts via the context menu. *shrugs*

So you don't have to apologize at all Take your time. Probably logging out and in again would help with your subscription issue?
    Last edited by Sunfall; 2012-10-21 at 07:41 AM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nice intro, Adlan!
    The secret of being a bore is to tell everything.

Pax Respublica: An Exercise in World Building

29. - Top - End - #89

Nothing in your scientific expertise tells you otherwise than the explanation given. It seems horriffic... but you know how horriffic humanity can be. Even though ramming another ship to gain entry seems incredibly crude.

@Narmoth,
    Adrian can Hear Sounds and Clanging through the ship. He knows he can't open the airlock though, the extreme cold of the handle is the cold of space and theirs only vacuum on the other side. Are the Footsteps those of the ones responsible for the situation he finds himself in? Or are they rescuer's? He dosn't know.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

It's got to be a Yes no Question, and unfortunately, you've worded that question wrong.

What you want to ask me is 'Is that Damage Faked' to which the answer could be yes or no.

The Answer to your question is not a Yes/No you want to waste a plot point on. Because nearly everything looks like something that could be faked, given sufficient dedication to faking. And it'd be a perception + relevent knowledge to determine likelihood of faked damage. (for an example, See This Royal Marine MP kick arse)

And I may not be this nice of GM all the time
    I thought that question was too specific, so worded it to be vague; the example in the rulebook is: "Do I get the feeling this guy is on the level?" - so there's room for the answer to be wrong, based on what the character knows.

Also, if that damage goes through something really important - like the main power coupling, or a major lifesupport system - then it probably can't be faked, or would be so difficult and dangerous to fake that it would be pretty much pointless to do so.

Anyway... thank you for the answer; I will try and be more specific in the future