New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

Devil

Default Cha to X stat bonus?

Is there any way I can get this at all; preferably through a Feat rather than a spell? Playing 3.5, but I believe I have a few 3.0 books around; new to it all so am not particularly sure.

I have been reading through Rokugan with the intention of Gestalt, and have come up with the idea of a Crane Courtier and Samurai; Crane Courtiers have the ability to gain +2 Cha (with a Stackable +1 to Diplomacy) permanently as an untyped bonus 6 times over the course of 20 levels. So straight off the bat with a Cha of 18, and 5 upgrades to Cha I have 35 Charisma; better than a Great Wyrm Gold Dragon; now is there any way I can transfer this +12 bonus to;

Dexterity; Initiative Bonus for Iaijutsu, Accuracy for Weapon Finesse Katana (from Iaijutsu Master), AC Bonus (Low Magic setting, not much Barkskin floating around).
    Strength; so I can actually damage what I hit.
    Con; Again not much magic; so not much healing; would be nice to be able to take a bit of damage (Even though Gestalt with a Samurai/Fighter and some others gives me a d10).
    Int; 20 Skill points a level?

I would really appreciate any help with this; indeed if there is anything that can help me "abuse" this possibility with any NON CASTER, Non Psionic capability I would be truly greatful; Incarnum, Tome of Battle, Complete, etc.
    Last edited by Vaz; 2012-11-30 at 10:06 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Cha to X stat bonus?

This is sadly the multi stat dependency problem with Samurai and why they're bottom tier... Tattooed Monk with Bellflower Tattoo might fix this.The only other things I can think of to suggest are Snowflake Wardance Bard or Crusader class levels, but you want no spellcasting... You COULD just take Arcane Strike with a spellcasting class and just never cast spells... But nothing for Samurai that I'm aware of sorry.
    Last edited by roguemetal; 2012-11-30 at 10:12 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

Tattooed Monks have the ability to add their Charisma bonus to a bunch of stuff, and Illumians can switch around which of their scores benefit what a little bit. You're not going to be able to find feats or spells or even class features that straight up replace one ability score with another in its entirety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

BEHOLD! THE HOLY GRAIL!

Ahem. There's the thread you should refer to.

I suggest Marshal for motivate Dex, Akodo Champion for Cha to Saves, and then some Warblade for Diamond Mind stuff to say "lol you are flatfooted".

Perhaps also a feat or two to get the soulmeld Apparition Ribbon and bind it, so you become Incorporeal. Perhaps Azurin, for the point of essentia, and then one or two of the incarnum feats to get more...?

Better still- as a (Human), you can take Able Learner and keep Iai Focus maxed at all times.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Don't bother trying to go through the hoop of actually getting your Charisma bonus to Dex, or whatever. Just get the Charisma bonus to the things you actually want.

Several OA prestige classes have Charisma to something. Akodo Champion and Witch Hunter get it to all saves and Iaijutsu Masters get it to initiative and damage per Iaijutsu Focus die. If you dip Heartfire Fanner or Warrior Skald you can get the Bardic Music for Snowflake Wardance for Cha to hit. Dipping Battle Dancer will get you Cha to AC.
    On creating medieval thermobaric detonations:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_cry View Post
    *strokes chin*
    Hmmm, I like the way you think.
    On rewriting your own past into a stable time loop of invulnerability:
    Quote Originally Posted by rockdeworld View Post
    Kardar233's Illithid:
    *strokes chin*
    Hmmm, I like the way you think.
    Quote Originally Posted by rockdeworld View Post
    kardar233's Tyr: So ok, it seems to me that your character evades death o_O. Congratulations *fanfare*

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Swiftblade gets your casting stat to Init. The problem is that it's your casting stat. You have to be a caster.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

necropolitain Paladin of Tyranny 10/Blackguard 7/Mystic Wander 1/Iaijutsu Master 2

Combined, you get Charisma to everything in combat.
    Last edited by toapat; 2012-11-30 at 10:42 PM.
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

Drow avatar @ myself

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    Dexterity; Initiative Bonus for Iaijutsu
    , Accuracy for Weapon Finesse Katana (from Iaijutsu Master), AC Bonus (Low Magic setting, not much Barkskin floating around).
    Strength; so I can actually damage what I hit.
    Con; Again not much magic; so not much healing; would be nice to be able to take a bit of damage (Even though Gestalt with a Samurai/Fighter and some others gives me a d10).
    Int; 20 Skill points a level?
    Marshal class does a lot of this, or similar effects.
    Settings: Weird West
    Work in Progress: Fulcrum

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

One level of Marshal can get you Cha to Initiative, and a level of Witch Hunter it's it to saves for you. A level of Battle Dancer get's it to AC. The Ritual of Blood from one of the Eberron Books let's you use it to fuel your AC. That should be just about everything you care about except To hit and Damage. So now all you need is Str and Cha.
    "I Burn!"

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    One level of Marshal can get you Cha to Initiative, and a level of Witch Hunter it's it to saves for you. A level of Battle Dancer get's it to AC. The Ritual of Blood from one of the Eberron Books let's you use it to fuel your AC. That should be just about everything you care about except To hit and Damage. So now all you need is Str and Cha.
    not HP or To Hit

i dont know an easy/cheap way to get Unholy Toughness though
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

Drow avatar @ myself

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

The fastest way I know to get Unholy Toughness is Cleric 1/Walker in the Waste 10. It's not cheap or easy, but it's fast. Warning: DM will occasionally throw books.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

I was looking through OA, and I can't find this +charisma rule. Where is it?

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Talya View Post
    I was looking through OA, and I can't find this +charisma rule. Where is it?
    I believe the OP was talking about the Courtier class in Rokugan Campaign Setting, which was published by AEG.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2012-12-02 at 08:37 PM.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.