New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] AMEN XLV: The Zoo

Ilpholin's Room - Shayan

"Visions?" Ilpholin asks as she goes to the closet and opens it up. She has a lot of different sheets in there. Grabbing what she needs, she sets about changing the bed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Bugbear in the Playground

Shayan's Room

Knock. Knock knock.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Barbarian in the Playground

Shayan's Room

Shayan doesn't actually have personal quarters since she sleeps in her lab, so I'm assuming whoever was knocking on her lab door entered the air lock I described beyond it and is now knocking in that?

If so, then an intercom will crackle to life,
    "Yes? If this is about pie, I don't want any, thank you."

If not, then feel free to describe what's actually happening.

Ilpholin's Room

"Yes, I have visions of the future. Premonitions, foretellings, and so on. I thought you were aware of that, but maybe I had only thought I'd told you because I remembered telling you now at some point in the past." Seeing the future sure can get confusing.

((So you know Rein, Happy allowed me to let Shayan have an indistinct vision of Darcy telling DC about it. That's the only circumstances under which I use Shayan's powers as an oracle, when everyone's alright with it OOC.))
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilpholin's Room

That's fine. Ilpholin has her own prophetic powers in this matter anyways. Of a sort.

"Huh. Didn't know that." Or forgot. Entirely possible her player did that.

Ilpholin strips down and lies on the bed.
    "So, the vaccine is a gel? That's a bit unusual." She expected a shot or something along those lines.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2013-02-10 at 06:55 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #755

Shayan's Lab

And you'd be right.

The clown peers up at the intercom, his comically large bulk only barely squeezed into the airlock. "Mmmnope. I'm here to deliver a dunk tank, double-extra-fun-fun-fun size."

6. - Top - End - #756
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Ilpholin's Office - Life With Magtok]

Hugs! Yay!

"... Wait, you and Becky? Did you do one of those really weird lesbian pregnancies?" There's been only one before in the Nexus that I recall.

Indeed!

Clarissa giggles, clearly amused by Ilpholin's query!

"Nope! I had seven babies with my husband and temporarily modeled one after Becky and me because Becky said something really creepy after Magtok kicked us out of the base about you and her spreading yourselves and I thought maybe this would help me conclusively determine why she said that."

Clarissa pauses for a second as she considers something...

"Do you know anything about this, boss?"

They are both or were both fledgling demons before Ilpholin went on furlough, after all.

-------
    [Magtok's Domain]

Knock knock knock!

Someone starts rap-tap-tapping on Magtok's chamber door! Guess who!

7. - Top - End - #757
    Troll in the Playground

Ilphy's Room with Darcy

Ilpholin's Bathtub

Oh I imagine they'll be all over the room at one point or another, ending up in the bed for stability.

Ilpholin teaches things to Darcy.

The curtain will rise sometime later. I never know where to steer a scene at this part so it gets all the awkward.
    Well the classic direction is pillow talk followed by more curtains, but that's pretty unrealistic, in my experience. At some point, a body has to rest! And lets assume the pillow talk happened behind the curtain.

"Don't be mad at me, Ilpholin..."
    Darcy says, by way of changing the subject from how amazing Ilpholin is and how much Darcy adores her.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #758

MagChamber

"The door isn't locked, come in."

Awfully surprising, that. You'd think he'd be a bit more worried about his safety here, or at least the safety of his belongings. Nope! Pretty much everything has been cleared out already, for some reason or another. All that's left is a tiny, plastic dollar-store safe, a computer, and a table and chair to hold the aforementioned items. Given the lines of gibberish text on the black screen, Magtok is either guiding someone through the Matrix, playing Dorf Fortress, or doing some really cool movie-style hacking shenanigans right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

9. - Top - End - #759

Ilpholin's Room

That's fine. Ilpholin has her own prophetic powers in this matter anyways. Of a sort.

"Huh. Didn't know that." Or forgot. Entirely possible her player did that.

Ilpholin strips down and lies on the bed.
    "So, the vaccine is a gel? That's a bit unusual." She expected a shot or something along those lines.
    Ilpholin's Room - Shayan

"It's an aquatic fungus that needs to be spread over every place that the creeper spores might come into contact with. For the non-permanent version that we'll be selling I can water it down to the point that it can be a topical spray, but for this it's better to have it fully concentrated." Shayan replies, snipping off one corner of the packet with a pair of tiny surgical scissors she keeps in her pocket.

Unless Ilpholin has any objections, Shayan will go through the same process she did with Isabelle. Every square centimeter of skin, including the eyelids and scalp and a bit of all the orifices, has to be covered, and Ilpholin will be instructed to gargle and swallow a small amount of the sweetened-yet-lumpy gel as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Shayan's Lab

And you'd be right.

The clown peers up at the intercom, his comically large bulk only barely squeezed into the airlock. "Mmmnope. I'm here to deliver a dunk tank, double-extra-fun-fun-fun size."
    "I'm sorry, but I can't admit you into the lab without proper safety equipment at the moment. Can you deliver the tank to the main room and install it there? Or leave it to be installed if that's not part of the deal. I can come out and see if it's what I'll need for my work once I'm cleared of contaminants."
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Pixie in the Playground

[MagChamber]

Well, Neo will have to wait! Methinks Clarissa and Magtok have some serious business to attend to!

As Clarissa steps into the MagChamber, she executes a flawless double take. Where is everything? Did she mess up her directions and end up in a poor Mag-worshiping uber-hacker-shapeshifter's room? ... No? Wow. The Empire of Magtok must've fallen on hard times if AMEN's Magtok has been relegated to sleeping on the floor.

But the focused Clarissa doesn't allow this fresh mystery to disturb her balancing act. In her right hand is a bouquet of flowers and tightly gripped in her left is a tall stack of boxes, some of which might have fallen to the ground after the tower was shaved down by the height of Mag's doorframe. The uppermost boxes sway dangerously from side to side upon their most precarious perches.

Clarissa smiles and steels herself against whatever may happen next.

"I...I'm no good at this, but here goes nothing."

"I'm soreh. I'm soreee? I'm srorry!"

Clarissa appears to be physically incapable of correctly pronouncing the word sorry at the moment! It frustrates her to no end, if her irritated roaring is indicative of anything.

I'm soorry! I'm sorrey! I'm sorry, goshdangit!

The fuming Clarissa closes her eyes and sighs exasperatedly with perhaps just a hint of sadness. Already this meeting is going so poorly, and it's all her fault.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2013-02-11 at 02:14 PM.

11. - Top - End - #761

MagChamber

"Wow, you're even worse at this than I thought you'd be." Snide remarks like that aren't helping, Magtok. You could at least pause your game or something, maybe turn around and actually face Clarissa.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

12. - Top - End - #762
    Pixie in the Playground

[MagChamber]

"And your point is?"

"Hey, at least I'm making an effort to reconcile with you. You hate me, you challenged me, I rose to your challenge but not in the way you would have liked, and now I'm apologizing to you. We both made a veritable minefield of mistakes, but one of us must be the first to admit it if we're ever to push beyond them so that we can work together as a fully functional team in the future, however ineptly it is done. I'm putting my best foot forward here. Please work with me on this, not against me."

"Now, are we going to so much as try to make amends or am I wasting my time and breath here?"

Clarissa calmly states, attempting to introduce a bouquet of flowers as a fragrant barricade between Magtok's face and his game.

She's supposed to be the center of attention here, dangit! Look at her!

13. - Top - End - #763

MagChamber

"Flowers. You got me flowers." Our cyborg couldn't sound any more snide even if he was actively trying to do so right now. He tries to swat the bouquet out of his face, and continue tapping at keys and waggling a mouse around.

"You'll have to forgive me, but I'm not terribly moved by this show of contrition, Clarissa, nor the reasoning behind it. I don't need your help, not with anything, nor will I ever want it, either. Your very nature repulses me, your behavior and attitudes absolutely disgust me. I don't consider myself a very moral person, I've hurt plenty without a second thought, but I pride myself on not having sunk to such depravity as you and your kind. Flowers aren't going to change that."
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

14. - Top - End - #764
    Pixie in the Playground

[MagChamber]

Oooo! Oooo! Them's fighting words! Oh, it is on now! *Slips on boxing gloves!* It is on!

The bouquet of flowers tumbles to the floor and its contents spill out all over the ground where they are promptly stepped on by a Clarissa whose balancing act has been thrown off by that jarring swat Magtok dealt to her first peace offering. There the flowers sit, crushed and broken like the dreams of someone who wanted to see Clarissa and Magtok work together at some point, I guess. That disrespectful slap really threw Clarissa for a loop too. Within the minute, the flowers are wilted and dead and Clarissa's persuasive payload of gifts is scattered all over the ground, save for the one box she was directly physically gripping.

"What about..."

Clarissa jams her free hand into her right pocket where she digs out a pair of tickets to a rock concert in a generic white envelope...and covertly presses a button on a pink teensy tiny recorder she had the foresight to stow away in there too, just in case things hit the fan. Recording start!

"Tickets to a rock concert?"

She asks, attempting to wave the envelope temptingly in front of Magtok's face.

"Or would you rather vent about how you hate my curse and my kind and how we demons and other infernal creatures should all rot with the elves in hell for all eternity? I don't mind either way. You're so full of hate, Magtok, and I'd really like to know what I've done to you that is oh so wrong and evil and unforgivable that you tried to provoke me into tearing you limb from limb just so that you could kick me out of the one org in the Nexus created for evil people like me else I'll just assume that you hate me only for the sake of hating me, which I guess is just as good a reason as any, if more a little disappointing."

15. - Top - End - #765

MagChamber

"It's nothing aimed at you personally, Clarissa, and hardly anything to do with race. I don't even know what you are, making this a racial matter would be ridiculous. I'm just-

The cyborg sighs, and finally brings himself to turn his chair around and face her.

"Do you know how many supposed evil badasses come to AMEN, thinking they're hot **** and so awesome because they were born without empathy, only to be laughed right out of the base and abandoned to permanent deadtime exile before they can rape another baby or murder their twenty-ninth puppy? Too many, that's the answer. I've been waiting ages for you to join them in their hole in the ground, but you just never seemed to get the hint.

Why? Why don't you go away? Why hasn't Remnant just put a thousand holes in you for the simple act of existing within their borders every now and then? If there was any justice in the world, you'd have gone away ages ago, and yet here you are, trying to be my friend. How is it that Watchtower hasn't beheaded you? I've seen no moral qualms from you, no second thoughts, just endless satisfaction of urges and whims without rhyme or reason or thought to the damage or consequences that might result, and it hasn't cost you anything. Why? What the hell makes you so goddamn special?"
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ogre in the Playground

"Babies. Eww."
    She's not a very nurturing nymph, is she?

She waves her hand dismissively. "Knowing Becky, it was some sort of double entendre or something. I don't know." She's never heard Becky bring it up before now.

Ilpholin's Room - Shayan

"You sure you're not just looking for an excuse to get me naked and rub your hands all over me?" Ilpholin asks, but otherwise follows through with the procedure, thoroughly disgusted at the gargling and making sure her face shows it.

Ilphy's Room with Darcy

Ilpholin was just getting done with how glad she is Darcy decided to share herself with Ilpholin too.
    But those words are surely a sudden and clear mood change to the atmosphere.
    "... What did you do Darcy?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

17. - Top - End - #767
    Orc in the Playground

Corridors- Interaction wanted!

A pegasus pony with a red coat, white mane and green eyes is wandering the base, looking for something. Or someponyone. Her cutie mark depicts a white humanoid skull with a bolt of yellow lightning blasting through it. Perched between her wings is a bag made of poorly-cured green pony hide.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

18. - Top - End - #768
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Corridors

Coincidentally, Cyrus happens to be wandering the halls too! Funny how that works. The sorcerer's actually never seen an intelligent horse before, but he's been in the Nexus long enough to shrug it off and say hi.

"...Hey, I haven't seen you around here before. Are you new, or are you one of those guys who pops up from that huge deadtime ooze three floors down now and again?"

19. - Top - End - #769
    Orc in the Playground

Corridors

"Neither, actually. I'm just a messengerpony for the time being. I'm looking for somebody named General Nephrim of Pazuzu's Biplane Squadron. I have also been instructed by the Mighty Lord of the Air to meet this organisation's leader and offer Pazuzu's assistance." The pegasus pony doesn't sound too happy about being a messenger, though she's unaware of her message. "My name is Captain Blood Rain, of Pazuzu's Weather Cavalry. What's yours?"

20. - Top - End - #770
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Corridors

"Ah. Cyrus Ahu, at your service."

A random nonmember walking around the base freely? Seems Ilpholin's a bit inconsistent with those new security protocols. Or maybe this pony's just good at dodging Mecha-Panther vomit. Something to complain about either way, really.

"Well, I expect Nephrim's around the place somewhere. The place doesn't like being mapped too much, but it's nice enough to shift its eldritch geometries in your favor if you just think about where you want to go and walk down a hall. Ilpholin's the leader until someone else decides to start a coup, so she's the one you'll want to be talking to about the second thing."

An odd thought strikes Cyrus as to whether "cavalry" refers to just the horses or if there are horses riding other horses or maybe even dumb-as-a-brick "riders" riding intelligent horses, but he doesn't actually care enough to ask.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Orc in the Playground

Corridors

The door was answered by a member! Who then ran away screaming without closing the door.

"What's with you bipeds and your weird names? Nephrim, Dam'bul, Brian, now Cyrus." Blood Rain rolls her eyes as she speaks. Good pony names are much better!

Also, Pazuzu's Weather Cavalry consist of purely pegasus ponies, and are primarily a support unit.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Pixie in the Playground

[MagChamber]

Clarissa can't help but wonder... Is Magtok... Is he so upset because he's secretly jelly? Does he want to be a mega-super-awesome-villain-man just like all these other guys and gals he's complaining about but he can't just can't pull it off? Now's not the time nor the place for that but...she can't help but wonder...

But back to business! Magtok demands an explanation and an explanation he will get.

"Um..."

"Ilpholin didn't share what she learned in her interview thing that she does with all of the members, did she? You're absolutely right. I do horrible things and don't get punished for them. Why? Because I'm being punished by being forced to commit all of these horrible deeds and acts in the first place."

"Please let me explain. I was the creator in the world I hail from. I was their god and their existence."

"But my creation... It was so... Flawed. As I began to understand what I was and what I had spontaneously created when I discovered I was - when I awakened, if you will - I judged them. I judged them to be barbaric. Cruel. Brutal. Primitive. Evil. All they ever did was destroy. Kill the plants and animals around them like they were the supreme beings, like they were my chosen children or something just as far-fetched. Tear the earth to pieces without heed for what was to come and what's more they slew each other by the truckload all for this...this metal. That's all it was. Shiny metal. But they killed each other for it! And I couldn't understand why. I thought that maybe, just maybe I had made a mistake or I was being too hard on them. As they spread throughout my realm like infectious cells in a body...as my creation developed and expanded, they did nothing but destroy everything they touched. Every now and again a group of creatures who truly understood what they were doing would try to enlighten the general populace on what horrors were unfolding in front of their eyes by their hand but to no avail. When their final war came, billions suffered and their worlds were polluted and ravaged beyond all repair. The tactics employed on the field, the war machines, and the ruthless disregard for human life all contributed to a suffering, a blight which sickened me, the fabric of their entire universe. Those who had not died in the initial scuffle were condemned to more suffering than I could tolerate. There were two choices to be had, allow them to create even more suffering and rain death down upon their brothers and sisters or snuff out the life I had created. I chose to be merciful. Their world stopped and they returned to me, and as I looked into their souls I saw the evil I had created..."

"But there was also good. Happiness, joy, and love to blot out the pain and sorrow. What I had created was not a complete failure and in the end, I tried again. And when that didn't work I started from scratch one more time. All I wanted was for everyone to be happy, for their happiness was my own. And then it occurred to me that I might be making so many mistakes because I couldn't feel as they did. I couldn't live without living through them. Acknowledging that truth, I created an intermediary. I created the gods. It was my biggest mistake ever, and I think you'll agree."

"I related my story to them. I wanted them to create something perfect. They created humans. But that wasn't the problem. They abused their power, lording it over man and beast, ruling over these creatures, turning their world into a pit of suffering and death and decay to...to amuse themselves...like this were a comedy to watch...like their creation wasn't...wasn't real. To them they -we- were all playthings - toys to be played with and thrown away, smashed underfoot, or kicked, whatever it took for them to get their sadistic kicks and a chuckle or two. I was prepared to destroy them and their creation when they did something to me that I had not expected. Somehow, they bound me to a physical form. They made me human and the forced me to reincarnate upon death. What's more, they cursed me to bear these nine tails which would control me as though I were a puppet and they were my strings. Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Envy, and Pride - the same crimes I had charged them with - and power over life and death, as if to mock me. These primal feelings, these evil urges and whims as you put it, were designed with one purpose and one purpose alone - to control me and distract me so that I could not rise up against our tyrants. And they were right - I couldn't resist them, not forever. It was like my body committed these sins of its own accord and I was just along for the ride. I couldn't stop it, no matter what I had tried. Recognizing what I had become, I tried to end my existence. I tried...many things, but none of them worked, as you can plainly see. And over the course of a millennium of torment...I gave in. I caved. I know what I am now. I am a monster to be loathed. A deformed carcass to be cast out. An entity that nobody wants or ever could want, or so I thought. But that's exactly what they want me to think, and I'm not about to let them defeat me so easily. Every time I or someone else sins, I regain a little bit of power. They didn't plan on that! It isn't much, but over the years I have grown stronger and better. Sooner or later, I will grow so powerful from sin that I can strike down my oppressors and wrest our future from their covetous hands. Until then, my hands are bound and my curse drives me. My hunger and the consequences of it cannot be stopped. Over the years, I have learned to deal with it and enjoy it as it is inevitable and I refuse to allow it to weaken me anymore. But someday, my bindings of corruption will snap and your treacherous gods will pay the price for their iniquities."

"But not you and your kind. I have either grown fond of what I have created or I've lost my mind. In any case, it still works out to your benefit. You and your kind are perfect through your imperfections, and I was blind and so stupid not to have seen that at first glance."

There is pain in Clarissa's voice when she speaks and a sadness which might resonate with Magtok. He may be able to feel a watered-down version of her anger and torment and sorrow. When she remembers, it hurts her. Her physical form practically is sent reeling away in agony when relates the section her suffering and the evil she ever so foolishly created, but somehow she endures, gritting her teeth and struggling through her pain. And when she speaks of the gods, there is hatred. Hatred like the human mind could not fathom. Hatred that swells with every instant Clarissa is forced to exist. When all is said and done, hatred is all she has left. Hatred colored with love. For she has grown to love her creation through the small acts of kindness she has witnessed and sometimes been a part of. Maybe, just maybe, that makes miserable existence bearable.

Whatever the case, she's taken to crying at this point, but through her tears she manages to mutter one final sentence.

"In truth, I envy you and your kind, Magtok, for you have the illusion of free will, if not free will itself while I am nothing more than a slave to these gods your kind is forced to pander to."

-------
    [Ilpholin's Office - Babies Galore!]

"Oh..."

"Well, I guess it must've just been a fluke, then. And an odd one at that."

Clarissa takes a couple steps toward the door. She's never been really good at ending conversations very well, especially when she's not completely sure whether or not the conversation is actually over.

"If that's everything you want from me right now, I'll be heading to Magtok's room and then I'll be hanging out in my room for a couple of hours just in case you need anything. And I do mean anything."
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2013-02-11 at 07:29 PM.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Also, Pazuzu's Weather Cavalry consist of purely pegasus ponies, and are primarily a support unit.
    [Corridors]

That's what I figured. But like I said, Cyrus has no idea whatsoever.

"Well, you can call me Sinful Heart, if you like. It's an old alias, but one I still use once in a while."

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ilpholin's Office - Bye]

"Goodbye." Ilpholin says. I'm sure she would take Clarrisa up on that offer if she had the time and didn't have to deal with a bazillion people, one clown, and prepare for Clarrisa's daughter showing up.
    She'll probably find the time anyways.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

25. - Top - End - #775
    Orc in the Playground

Corridors

"Sinful Heart's a slut. He'll sleep with anypony. Or anydemon. But OK, Sinful. Do you know Nephrim well enough to know where their room is, or where I might otherwise find them?" Blood Rain doesn't know Nephrim well enough to know that she generally prefers female shapes, but Nephrim is a genderless shapeshifter created directly by a deity with no means of reproduction.

Also, I don't think Blood Rain actually knows a pony named Sinful Heart- I think she's making that up to see Cyrus's reaction.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2013-02-11 at 07:46 PM.

26. - Top - End - #776

Airlock- Shayan's Lab

"There is the small matter of payment left to discuss..." Suddenly, the clown is even less amusing than clowns normally are. "Two hundred clams, please."

27. - Top - End - #777

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Airlock- Shayan's Lab

"There is the small matter of payment left to discuss..." Suddenly, the clown is even less amusing than clowns normally are. "Two hundred clams, please."
    Airlock - Shayan's Lab

"So the man who ordered it didn't pay you? I'll have to speak with him about that. I still need to get decontaminated, so I'll meet you in the main room with the payment and you can show me the tank there. I won't be long." The communication cuts out with a hiss of static, leaving the clown alone.

"Babies. Eww."
    She's not a very nurturing nymph, is she?

She waves her hand dismissively. "Knowing Becky, it was some sort of double entendre or something. I don't know." She's never heard Becky bring it up before now.

Ilpholin's Room - Shayan

"You sure you're not just looking for an excuse to get me naked and rub your hands all over me?" Ilpholin asks, but otherwise follows through with the procedure, thoroughly disgusted at the gargling and making sure her face shows it.

Ilphy's Room with Darcy

Ilpholin was just getting done with how glad she is Darcy decided to share herself with Ilpholin too.
    But those words are surely a sudden and clear mood change to the atmosphere.
    "... What did you do Darcy?"
    Ilpholin's Room

"I'm fairly certain, yes. I have Cin for nude groping sessions, I wouldn't think of wasting your valuable time with them when we're in the midst of planning something so important. Now, once you begin to feel your skin heat up you should bathe and drink something to wash away the excess vaccine. Then you'll be fully inoculated." Shayan heads to the bathroom to rinse her own hands thoroughly after that, but is soon back.

"Are there any direct questions you have for me before I give you my general status report?"

28. - Top - End - #778
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Corridors

"Sinful Heart" momentarily looks up and places a finger to his chin in thought.

"Hmm. Maybe we have met after all and I just don't remember you, then. I've been to some pretty interesting parties over the years, and all over the multiverse too! It's not much of a stretch, really."

...What.

"Oh, and like I said: The base rearranges itself constantly. Just think about going to Nephrim's room and walk down a random hallway, and you'll probably find it."

29. - Top - End - #779

MagChamber

"Wow. I'm pretty sure we're not from the same setting, Clarissa, but this does elucidate quite a few things." Our cyborg says, raising an eyebrow, before turning back to the computer.

"Dear lord is that a long creation myth, though. Here's my offer, then: You promise to never tell me your entire backstory ever again, and I'll meet you halfway with the putting our differences aside thing. I won't like you, because even murder-rape rampages set aside I'm still not fond of you, but I don't like a lot of people here, and got along with them better than I'd been getting along with you...Does that work?"
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2013-02-11 at 10:43 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

30. - Top - End - #780
    Pixie in the Playground

[MagChamber]

Wow!

That actually worked? That actually worked! That's more than Clarissa could have asked for! That's not her entire backstory either. She also took over an underworld and subjugated most of the demons living there forcing it to run like a corporation dealing in souls, but that's neither here nor there.

Clarissa immediately squeaks "Okay." after hearing Magtok's proposal. She's still crying a little, but that'll be done and over with soon enough. She attempts to offer Magtok her right hand so that they can shake on it and finalize their verbal treaty of mutual nonaggression.