New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Devil Tiger Adventures (IC)

the golden heroes of legend have once again returned to creation. Broken from the Jade prison their might has begun to cause the fragile stability of creation to once again be set in motion. Solar kingdoms have slowly begun to rise through the bronze factions strongest attempts to stop them. The realm, having seen the danger sprout around them have decided to once and for all settle the issue of their empress, gathering all major figures to their Houses and starting a great civil war. Though some places have maintained relative stability. Nexus, for example is still the hub of trade and the Lookshys army remains strong. However the most shocking event so far is what occurred in Great Forks less than 20 years ago. To the surprise of all the three gods said nothing as a Lone solar arrived and was declared ruler. Great Forks, now known as the Golden empire, has begun growing steadily ever since.

Through it all the Infernal exalted have made progress into their goals, their tendrils spreading throughout many lands, preparing for their masters return, but not all have stayed loyal. He who's presence shakes the earth, also known as Quake had grown to become wary of his masters.fearing for what the future may hold for their "Loyalty" be he began a quest, a quest which brought forth what he had never dreamed possible. With new found powers in hand he began to search for those among the newly exalted with the same fears that he had come to realize himself.

The story begins here, with Those who Quake had found destined for things even greater than the Yozi had imagined. Through Patience, strict guidance, and careful words he aided them in their way, knowing full well that it was only through their own greatness that the path would become revealed. Of those he aided, only six found the path, six young and powerful exalts whose very existence is seared to the shin ma's of reality. He sent them all a message, telling them to meet him at a spot he had taken them all before for training, a small training ground located in the east.

The suns golden rays leave their last kiss against the top of the plateau that Quake had chosen. He rose from the ground and began checking the location around him, piercing eyes scanning for any signs of danger. The plateau was spacious, easily capable of holding several small houses but littered with sharp protruding rocks. Quake had taken the time to form some of the stones into chairs, six in total. He counts the chairs and sighs slightly. Positioning himself on his own seat,he patiently awaits their arrival.

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/v...psdc543e69.jpg
    Last edited by Durami; 2013-09-22 at 05:07 PM.
    Drascin:
    Spoiler
    Show
    UCS: Hey, we're gonna brew up some weapons with Auto and put your bros through fetich death until the roulette stops at the "less goddamn jerks" peg. We need some essence for the patterns. Help?

Gaia: I really don't want to hurt my brethren, but

Dragons:We got ya covered!

after first death:

Gaia: Holy

Auto: f'in

UCS: hell

Luna: Did they just?

Saturn: *nods*

Gaia: Okay this was not in the plan! Make them stop!

Auto:er, that might be a tad problematic.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Devil Tiger Adventures (IC)

The Sane Man

It is often difficult to predict how the Sane Man will arrive in any given location. He almost invariably takes the shortest path, whatever that may be - and often it is a very peculiar path indeed. Today, for example, his arrival is preceded by tendrils of flickering Essence arising from the mountain, hauling him from the rock as though it were water before releasing him to slowly dissolve in the air. He nods to Quake before settling into his own seat. Today he has taken the form of a young man of indeterminate heritage - his hair speaks to Southern ancestry, but his skin and clothing are both more suited to the East. His eyes close as he awaits the arrival of the others.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hurry up and wait. You were right, 'Neki. Oh well.
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

I'm always extremely careful to hedge myself against absolute statements.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Angel of Death lilts into the room, only slightly deflated by the absence of her fandom left at her Manse. She walks in wearing something that would scream Gothic Lolita child if the term existed in this world. Her Infinite Resplendence Amulet (In Moonsilver Setting for the time being) drapes her in a tight fitting halter top with a short skirt, and a hard-cast protrusion on the back mimicking red butterfly wings. She moves to the rhythm she plays on her miniature organ. Playing a song that seems somber yet innocent. She sits in one of the chairs and closes her eyes, listening to her own music and the other people as they come in.
    UPDATE 11/8/2013- My little baby is here, I will post as I can.
    Update 9/13/2015- My second Baby Boy
    Update 1/25/2017- My Baby Girl is Born

"Schadenfreude is chocolate for the Soul. That's why ours are full of cavities." Davan, Something Positive

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

The sound of a flute makes its way up over the edge of the plateau, a bright cheerful song, with a plain tune suited to dancing. The sounds stops as a figure makes their way onto the plateau, reaching the top of a newly-built stairway.
    An old man, no, young despite his wild grey-white hair, sliding the flute through his belt. Dark-tinted skin and the shape of his face show south-western heritage, but he's clearly not accustomed to long times out in the sun. His clothes are light and practical, and bright green eyes look over the three who have shown up as the man takes a seat. "Impressive entrance", quick aside, to the Sane Man.

Lauros the Scourge, alchemist, musician, artificer, and the last man you would expect to not be a Yozi-loyalist.
    "Quake, good to see you. It has been too long."

He turns to the source of music, two chairs away. "Brava, brava. What do you call the song?"

Spoiler
    Show
    To those who can tell such things, this man is a Mortal who has Enlightened Essence and Creature of Darkness.
    To those who can see such things, the flute is a Magic Flute. To those with 13 or more DMDV, it is revealed as an Infernal Relic Flute, made of black stone with burning green runes in Malfean Realm and each end glowing faintly.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2013-07-20 at 11:56 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

"I was unaware that the rehearsal for the Malfean amateur orchestra was today. I would have found pressing business elsewhere."

A platform of opaque crystal floated down, revealing Ialdabaoth in the sage pose. Robes of saffron and gold lay heavily on his thin frame and his eyes were neither bright nor piercing under his deep hood. His voice alone was distinctive, full of the steadiness and depth peasants imagined gods and kings possessed. It was well it should, he worked for a decade to perfect it.

"Perhaps all of us with musical pretension could voluntarily agree to suspend any performances? It is nearly Calibration, and there is little quite to be found in Hell. Well... little quite of the sort any sane person would seek."
    Last edited by Exthalion; 2013-07-22 at 12:59 AM.
    Many, many thanks to azuyomi244 for the avatar.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Thumbs up Re: Devil Tiger Adventures (IC)

"Bah! Nothing wrong with a little music to go with the show," countered Poochy as he leisurely walked towards the gathering with both hands resting at the back of his head. The Midnight Hound made his approach far less ostentatious than most of his other fellows, which in itself made him stand out if only by the shear contrast of it all; the young man in the form of a boy garbed in simple commoners clothes, naught more than a loose fitting tunic that matched his azure locks, Brown trousers held held up by a sash, and sandals.

"I mean, were pretty conspicuous as it is; might as well make it hard for any eavesdropers, and have some fun while we're at it," he added with a myrthful grin before turning his chair around and unceremoniously planting posterior on it; giving a court nod to Angel at his side, and Quake before resting his arms on the chair's back.
    Last edited by Regalus; 2013-07-21 at 01:25 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

Hug me, you know you want to.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Ryu Hikari, Golden Dragon

Ryu Hikari arrived, young kid with great sword and full-body armor of gold. This time, his shadow was wrapped around him in a form of lad with blue-violet hair and bright azure eyes. This was his typical shape, used by him in presence of people he would trust... or be sure won’t attack him, at least.

Before sitting comfortable, he bowed low, according to Realm etiquette.

- Quake, good friend - he started his statement gently. It was always somehow hard to find right salutation, especially when speaking with another rebel, ascending to godhood - Can I ask, what are we doing here? I suppose you had your reasons, but Creation is vast. What is so special in this spot on earth? - eyes of Ryu studied the gathering, as if response would await for them.

- Excuse my manners, I am Ryu Hikari, known also as Golden Dragon. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu! - Ryu greeted other students of Quake in his native High Realm.
    Last edited by Kaworu; 2013-07-24 at 05:44 PM.
    LGBTinP 🏳️*🌈, Furry 🐾, European 🇪🇺 & Schizophreniac ♿, possibly a Weirdo 😜
    Fursona by Sirodbcollie from Twitter

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

'Sup?" greeted Poochy simply with a casual salute, "Going to fancy party after this?" he inquired innocently, eyeing the other boy's golden raiments curiously.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9

"The Malfean Symphonic Orchestra is always in session, sir. There are places enough that stay silent." Lauros picks up the flute again and holds it in his hands.
    "Nice to see you, Ryu. /I thought we might see you here. I am Lauros./" He remembers to switch to High Realm after the first sentence, pronouncing it perfectly. You could swear he grew up speaking it in the Imperial City.
    Go and bow to him, remember. At the relayed advice heard in his head, Lauros does just that, standing and giving the Golden Dragon a low bow before sitting down again.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2013-07-21 at 09:08 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

"While I generally tend to avoid the Demon City, I think I can safely say we all know who you are, by reputation if nothing else. I very much doubt any here will meet a stranger.

I am more concerned with you Quake. I am not entirely comfortable with the rest of your choices. Nor, am I sure, are they are entirely comfortable with each other. Though I might perhaps occupy the sole slot of contention for some. Perhaps you could elucidate your selection criteria before I begin to doubt my own qualification?
    "

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quake looks up slightly at the floating infernal and back down to the rest of the group "We wait for one other, take this opportunity to greet and meet each other as equals, you've all found who you truly are and obtained a might not known possible." -he stresses the equal part a tad bit stronger than he normally does, his eyes flicking up once more before looking to the others. "I'd speak more but I need a little more concentration. I'm preparing something to protect our little meeting, well...more protection."

"As for my selection criteria? I picked those who I believe held the chance for greatness, and aided them in their realization, every one here is apt and skilled and some of the best in their fields of expertise."
    Last edited by Durami; 2013-07-24 at 02:57 PM.
    Drascin:
    Spoiler
    Show
    UCS: Hey, we're gonna brew up some weapons with Auto and put your bros through fetich death until the roulette stops at the "less goddamn jerks" peg. We need some essence for the patterns. Help?

after first death:

12. - Top - End - #12

"Amature?" Angel gives a wounded glance, "You obviously have no appreciation for the arts, as for ceasing, I'd have to say no. Not intending any offense, but music is my very lifesblood these days, perhaps not as literally as my poor Angyalke cousins, but enough." In response to Lauros' question she smiles, "Symphony of Building Patience, the 87th."
    Last edited by Gem_Knight; 2013-07-21 at 09:13 PM.

"Schadenfreude is chocolate for the Soul. That's why ours are full of cavities." Davan, Something Positive

13. - Top - End - #13

"Great and likable are often not found together. But if Quake found you worthy, Ialdabaoth, I will accept you." He is impressive. He is very bitter.

"I think we all know what we have in common. We've all felt the others become what they are. No matter how uncomfortable we are with each other, we're kindred beings. The only ones of our like in Creation. Right?"
    He listens to the Symphony, trying to silently mimic the song, fingers flickering along the holes of the flute. If the song has a repeated chorus or verse, he'll join in on the next time through it. If not, he'll just smile, having a new song learned.

"Is it anything that can be helped with, the protection? I'm sure we all have our own ways to stay safe..."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

One of the chairs is utterly consumed in a pillar of many-colored fire for a moment. After several seconds of this rather ostentatious display, it eventually splits down the middle, taking on a birdlike silhouette for only a moment before it dissolves completely into tongues of rainbow flame.

Left on the chair, in a relaxed pose as if nothing out of the ordinary had happened at all, is a somewhat androgynous young man dressed in a robe matching the last fashion craze of the Imperial City before the Realm's civil war drew fashion towards a near-halt. Rather than a jade-dust dragon down one side of the ensemble, his is all quicksilver and mirror.

He speaks in surpassingly beautiful Old Realm, although with a sort of caution that makes it quite clear that not only is he currently treating this very formally, but he wants to make that clear.
    "I apologize for my comparative lateness. I had a small arrangement to make before I arrived."
    Spoiler: Quotes Collection
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    I think we can pack it up and move to a different thread. aetherialDawn has won this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuna
    Sufficiently advanced paranoia is indistinguishable from complacency.

Avatar by me - sketch of Skywing.
    Exalted: Scriptures of the Castes PM me suggestions!

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Daaaaw, I missed the 86th!" whined the boy slightly at the revelation, "You'll have to show it to me later," he swiftly adds before being distracted by the newcomers arrival; momentarily surprised by the fact that anyone could seem more...gorgeous than angel, and shocked by the fact that it took him longer than expected to realize it was a He that he was looking at. "Don't worry about it; you're just in time for the show," he offers up affably to the newcomer.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

The Sane Man observes events in silence, saying nothing but holding a spirited conversation nonetheless. It is interesting to see his guesses as to the roster of the little group confirmed and otherwise, and behind his stern facade he quibbles cheerfully with his coadjutor over how right his guesses actually were, and whose guesses they were anyway. An undercurrent of nervousness gives the lie to their flippancy - neither is entirely certain of their purpose here, and that unfamiliar uncertainty worries them both deeply.
    Last edited by Fortuna; 2013-07-22 at 12:30 AM.
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Ryu Hikari, Golden Dragon

- Ialdabaoth, I have no doubt we know each other or know some gossips, at least. The thing is, with our abilities possibilities to impersonate someone else are indefinite. During my... experiences with Ebon Dragon I learned that words are in many ways truer than appearance - said Ryu with a shard of sadness in his voice.

His azure eyes blazed with electrical spark when he looked through material world and saw world as kami do. There is never ever too wary person... and always too many shadows under the Sun.

[Essence Dissenting Stare - 0m?]
    Last edited by Kaworu; 2013-07-24 at 05:40 PM.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quake slowly rises from his chair and looks onwards to his students and allies. "I have finished preparing the technique needed to add additional protection to our location, I ask that you all bear with me for the affects will not be pleasant to look at, there is no physical or mental danger however." and with that he lets out a small sigh and allows his essence to flow forth and spread throughout the rocks, a small dome of light encompassing all, Images begin to form around the plateau, ethereal and opaque at first, they suddenly begin to clear and flicker, several different scenes flash before you. an exact version of this gathering but without the Sane man, the group fighting a Small group of solars on the summit, the summit coated entirely in blood. Each Image getting more and more unlikely until finally an image begins to solidify an empty Plateau, devoid of all structure and life begins to coat the area around you.

Those interested in finding out what that was, Intelligence+occult.or any other method you can think of.
    Last edited by Durami; 2013-07-24 at 02:55 PM.
    Drascin:
    Spoiler
    Show

after first death:

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Ialdabaoth didn't appear to stir. He didn't look at the images directly, that would only make him prey to whatever it wished to show him. Instead he focused on what he saw through the corner of his eye, through the edge of his vision.

Spoiler
    Show
    Right 3 dice are from a specialty in She Who Lives, it may not apply:
    (13d10)[1][8][2][9][9][5][9][5][4][9][2][3][2](68)
    Stunt Dice: from left to right.(3d10)[3][6][10](19)

5 successes
    Last edited by Exthalion; 2013-07-22 at 02:04 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

The Sane Man shows his first sign of expression, raising an eyebrow as he looks around.

Spoiler
    Show
    (12d10)[9][9][3][9][8][4][9][6][1][2][3][7](70)

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Poochy absent-mindedly follows the trail of essence as it flows out of their leader's maw; the essence wafting in the breeze as it spreads through the area. The scenes that played out elicited a raised brow from the boy; they didn't seem to be illusions, yet not coherent enough to be raw essence constructs. The boy pondered whether the effect was of oramian origin, or if it was one of Quake's own brood.

Spoiler
    Show

(7d10)[6][8][10][1][6][4][7](42)

Stunt dice: (2d10)[9][8](17)

Success: 4, 6 if this counts as a 2 dice stunt.
    Last edited by Regalus; 2013-07-22 at 02:51 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Ryu Hikari

Ryu was not afraid of strange phenomenon. Quake was his master and friend, so he would do nothing dishonorable... yet, the illusions (if it's a good word to describe these... phantasms) were disruptive. He observed them silently, wondering, if this commotion really helps or quite the opposite, make a easy to find battleground from silent plateau.

Spoiler
    Show

(6d10)[8][10][8][4][5][2](37)

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

23. - Top - End - #23

"There's no rush." What a fool. But he is one of us. This appearance is surely one layer of a lie. Unsettling. He does not ordinarily agree with his coadjutor on judgements of people.

Lauros looks up at the flickering illusions. Of course, what is important is not what the scenes show, but what's behind them. A shaping to inure the plateau to the improbable? Seems correct. I hope only that all the unlikely scenes are not themselves detectable.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Int+Occult: (9d10)[10][9][3][5][7][2][2][2][3](43) + Possible Stunts (3d10)[2][8][6](16): 4 successes
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2013-07-22 at 03:24 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

"Impressive."

The Sane Man speaks Old Realm with only the trace of a Southern accent, in measured and precise cadence - no sound is held for a moment longer than needed to convey the information, and each word is cut off as though by a razor to make way for the next. The overall effect is subtly disconcerting.

"We should discuss that later. Now, why are we here?"

25. - Top - End - #25

Spoiler
    Show

Intelligence [4] + Occult [5] (9d10)[7][10][8][2][8][2][2][9][6](54)

Assuming I remember the code right -.-; Edit: 6 successes, not bad for 9 dice...

Angel witnesses Quakes new defensive charm as she puzzles out it's effects.
    Last edited by Gem_Knight; 2013-07-22 at 05:57 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

The slim man looks around with some small wonder, but not a significant amount of concern. There's an analytical cast to his gaze that isn't at all concealed. He is not only currently serious, guarded, and untrusting, but he is not concealing it... Or is, perhaps, making it known inoffensively.

His voice softens somewhat for Quake.
    "I am confident in my safety for now, Quake. I would like to know more about why you've gathered so many in a single place, though."

Spoiler
    Show
    Int+Occult.
    (12d10)[5][6][1][6][1][5][2][3][9][7][5][3](53)
    Spoiler: Quotes Collection
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    I think we can pack it up and move to a different thread. aetherialDawn has won this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuna
    Sufficiently advanced paranoia is indistinguishable from complacency.

Avatar by me - sketch of Skywing.
    Exalted: Scriptures of the Castes PM me suggestions!

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (Insert chris's char name here) Was unable to notice much aside from the fact that it was clearly essence used. Ialdabaoth and Ryu noticed that it's an illusion and a strong one at that, The rest of the group notice that not only is it an illusion, but it's a simulation illusion, which shows the user situations which may occur. allowing one to plan from it, as well as making others assume it HAS occurred.

Quake looks at every one and gives a slight nod. "Now that has been dealt with, we can begin the meeting. I believe I have finally found the path for us to free ourselves from our bindings, I've been preparing and I feel it is very close to coming to fruition, so I wish for every one to begin calmly wrapping up any thing of extreme importance, this meeting was gathered so that you can all speak with each other and understand what goals you may want to have, what choices you plan to do in the future."

"With that in mind, I feel it is important you all speak to the group about your new found powers and some examples of them. I'm sure all of you are well aware this feels like revealing something that may make you lose an advantage, but I feel that this is going to have to be a small token of trust from us all, and since I feel it best to lead through example than through words, I shall reveal some of my traits to you. For example, I am now constantly seeing a few seconds into the future, it began a few years ago and crippled me greatly, but through meditation and control I can now constantly see right now, and slightly ahead. it doesn't aid me much...but it's useful some times. I'm also somewhat capable of shifting things to my favor, as long as I'm focused on a goal, things become easier as I obtain them, and I believe that should be enough of an example of my capabilities, as you saw I only mentioned brief, small statements, as I'm well aware that should be more than enough for you all to understand, Let us be honest here, we will show enough to allow others to gleam a use for our capabilities, we need not reveal every trick we have to survive."
    Last edited by Durami; 2013-07-24 at 02:54 PM.
    Drascin:
    Spoiler
    Show

after first death:

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Ryu Hikari

- If I may... - Ryu started quietly, gaining attention of gathered people - I know well my new powers. I feel them flowing in my veins, rustling in my breath, dancing to the rhythm of my heartbeat. I am more courageous than even, I now know fear only from words of other people or my own memory. I cannot kill anybody, even if I will cut them with the sharpest blade - Hikari pointed at his reaver daiklave, laying in giant scabbard on his tiny back - I am able to understand wide array of languages, as long, as speaking them do not override my own sense of honor. I wish I could told you more or have more drastic powers at my disposal, but I had neither time nor imagination to redefine myself in direct manner... - Ryu ended, somehow ashamed.
    Last edited by Kaworu; 2013-07-24 at 05:39 PM.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

The Sane Man speaks next. "My own developments are subtle ones. I have learned to glean the essential truth of a person or an object, and have mastered certain underlying principles of thaumaturgy."

30. - Top - End - #30

The temptation to ask Quake what he's going to do next is high, but Lauros manages to ignore it. Then he looks at Ryu is disbelief. Not Drastic enough? He must be kidding. "I can see what people care about, what drives them. At first I ended up getting carried away by whatever they believed in, but it's clearer now. And I can make people forget, who and where they are, for a brief time, holding them inside their mind."

He looks about the group. "We're not innovating new world-shaking powers yet, are we? We have enough of that from before."
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2013-07-24 at 04:22 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine