New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: [4e] Adventures in the Planes - IC

Pavick - Gnome Wizard
    HP 104/104, AC 41, Fort 31, Reflex 36, Will 34

Pavick shrugs. "In for a copper, in for an astral diamond," he mutters to himself before moving further into the spider.

"Now is the time, brothers! The circumstances are right and our cause is just. Here we sit in one of the greatest marvels of drow arcane technology. After centuries of being crushed under the boots of the matriarchs, we find ourselves in a position to show them what it really is to be a man! Now we fight back! Now we show that we can do more than operate this monster we can and should CONTROL it!"

Spoiler
    Show

Might as well join the crowd. Diplomacy - (1d20+22)[28]

Move: to O7
    Ready: If anyone attacks him, Pavick will catch them in a beguiling strands (trying to avoid anyone who hasn't shown hostile intent toward him). I'll let you roll the attack roll(s) should this come up since I don't know the exact circumstances under which it might trigger. (close blast 5 targeting enemies, +26 vs Will, does 11 psychic damage, pushes 3 squares, -2 to attack rolls for targets hit)

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

The drow manning the leg in the room that you were in looks confused for a moment, until his companion that made the sign shoots him through the eye with a hand crossbow. The other drow steps over, and takes up working the leg to keep it moving.

The drow who fired narrows his eyes. "Already? I thought the revolution wasn't supposed to happen until after the great sacrifice? Why are we moving ahead of schedule?"

Further down the hallway, the other drow takes a brief moment to absorb what Zyrr says, before nodding slowly, and returning the sign.

OOC: For the moment, we'll consider ourselves out of combat until either this breaks down or someone else attacks.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Lucan says, "We had to move the timetable up, brothers. We've only just discovered the true reason for this invasion. The priestesses aren't after the city, or victory over our enemies. They've come for a powerful artifact: Tiandra's Throne. It can only be used by a woman, and it has the power to control men's minds. That was the reason the Prince of Frost rebelled, and why he waited until his mother had left her throne to do so. If the priestesses get hold of it, the revolution will be over before it begins. We must not let the priestesses take the throne room. We should keep them out of the city entirely, if we can."

Spoiler
    Show

Bluff roll = 33
    Last edited by DSCrankshaw; 2013-02-24 at 01:30 PM.
    Donald S. Crankshaw
    Blog: Back of the Envelope

4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

Ash cranes his head back over his shoulder to see what the hold up is. When he sees everyone just standing around, his brow furrows, and he turns back to the wizards in the central room.

He begins to make gestures with his hands, "{Hold on one second. I need to check on my comrades. Stay right there. I'll be back shortly.}"

He casually turns around and strides toward the gathering of his allies and supposed enemies. Ash is wearing an expression of confusion, and slight frustration. He spies the cloud of Zyrr's darkness as he walks toward the back of the construct. Ash shrugs his shoulders arms out in an gesture asking "What are we doing here, guys?".

As he overhears Lucan's ploy, he starts putting together bits and pieces of things Zyrr and Eltain have talked about before. If he has to speak, he will, but Ash thinks it more prudent not to interfere with what is probably a delicate conversation.
    Last edited by Orsik Vondal; 2013-02-24 at 02:49 PM.
    "How could a man go through life with so little? Nothing of permanence, nothing built up to leave behind him. Nothing to testify to his existence at all. The kind of man who isn't focused on his own existence, I guess. The kind of man who cares more about others than he does himself..."--Harry Dresden, from Ghost Story

Nosce te ipsum

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Eltain nods as Lucan speaks.

"Yes, if they get hold of it, it will be terrible for all of us and we'll never get our chance. It's now or never, my friends. We can't afford to delay any further, and why should we? Let them know the true worth of males and see our real strength and our cunning. The time to act is now." He glares at Asheroth.

"You. We hired you to be backup, not to run in like a fool. You'll alert the priestesses at this rate. Be quiet! We need all the surprise we can muster."
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    Twitter | Google+ | AIM: iankunx | Skype: Nai.Calus | Y!IM: nai_calus
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

The two drow facing Lucan trade glances for a moment, and share a curse."Those bitches." The drow mutters. "I should have known that they couldn't actually have found that damned dagger. 'Great Sacrifice,' phaw..." he stops to spit on the ground. "Knew it was too good to be true."

He bends down, and sketches out a quick drawing of the construct on the floor using the blood of the drow he just shot.

"Here's the basic layout. The controls are in the head of the construct, but we have to have someone at each of the legs at all time to keep them functioning. If we lose more than half of the legs, we'll fall a very long ways."

He points to the center area. "Those damn treehuggers have too many wards and defenses around the city, so the spider is powered by portals directly to the 66th layer of the Abyss." He glances at Asheroth. "The magic in there is deadly to any non-drow, so make sure your mercenary there doesn't dally too long."

"The portals are kept open by the high priestess and her...pets. They've got a whole slew of the daywalkers in there poisoned to keep them docile, and they have to sacrifice one every minute or so to keep the portals open. The wizards were hand-selected by the priestess herself to channel the energy, so I'm not sure if we can count on any of them to side with us. We might get lucky, though."

He glances up at them. "We can keep the legs moving, and now that the portals are open the sacrifices won't be hard to maintain. Any of you boys know enough magic to keep that power flowing in?"

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Pavick - Gnome err... Drow Wizard

Pavick raises his hand. "I know quite a bit of the arcane arts. I would even say that portals are a specialty of mine. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to look at the full schematics, but I should be able to pick it up as we get in there, I think."

8. - Top - End - #128

Planetar

Ash nods when the drow cautions him to stay clear of the magic in the central room. He gestures with his hands, "{How many priestesses are in this construct? We could use them to power the portal instead. Probably could supercharge this thing.}"
    "How could a man go through life with so little? Nothing of permanence, nothing built up to leave behind him. Nothing to testify to his existence at all. The kind of man who isn't focused on his own existence, I guess. The kind of man who cares more about others than he does himself..."--Harry Dresden, from Ghost Story

Nosce te ipsum

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

The drow frowns. "I've only seen one, but it wouldn't surprise me if there were a couple others in the head or hiding somewhere. There's always more than we expect."

There's a brief lurch as the construct picks up even more speed.

"There's not much time now if you plan on stopping this thing before it gets to the top. What's the plan?" His eyes drift towards Eltain.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Aramil walks past the door as he begins talking, softly. "The plan is we take over the climber, quickly and discreetly. As we near the top, we will attempt to disorient the other climbers momentarily. Our strike team will attempt to convince the defenders that we're defecting. Then we'll use the climber to secure the throne room against any other forces that try to take it. From there, we proclaim the revolution while our arcanist performs a ritual to stop the priestesses' plans."

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh, I've got something better as an idea than pretending to defect. The defenders will assume drow are drow and shoot us all on sight regardless. I know how those stupid fey work. But not if we disguise ourselves as surface dwellers. Better yet, war heroes. We took this thing over to get to them and deliver them from their troubles. They'll celebrate our arrival and hand us what we want on a silver platter thinking they're saved." Eltain grins.
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

12. - Top - End - #132

Planetar

"{That actually might work. I love drow deception!}" Ash signs.

Nosce te ipsum

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Pavick - Gnome Drow Gnome Wizard

Pavick smiles. "I like it, and I think I have just the ritual scroll that will do it. This should only take a moment. I can't cover everyone, but if I get enough of us, we should be able to convince the defenders above that we're on their side. And doing it now will keep up a disguise from the priestesses. Wouldn't want them to know who was really trying to take over the spider anyway. This way if they get word out, they'll only send that they are being attacked by their enemies, and word of the great revolution will stay under wraps just a little longer."

Pavick pulls a sheet of paper out of his bag and begins to "cast" from it. First he approaches Aramil. "You will be their General Printempest, commander of their troops." He moves around the group, dismissing the spell on each person individually then introducing them in their new persona. "Highmaster Thoene, who lead the flights of dragons against the forces of winter. Now an easy shift, a little blending of features and we have the pirate captain Zyrr'delin Morvyndis the Enstarred." He leans close to Eltain's cheek, working carefully at the tatoo there as he says, "You will be Eltain Sharma, who has lead a rebellious force behind the Winter lines since their war began. And I will be... Damn... What's his name, that runt of a wizard that always tags along with their group? Pavrick Roslow, that's it."

After dispelling the last of the illusions, Pavick says "Okay, that's what the scroll will cover." He tucks the used paper back into his back and turns to their new ally. "You and anyone else we have onboard will keep the construct climbing. Those of us who are disguised, as well as the merc. over there will see about taking control of this thing before we get up there. Think you can handle that?"

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

The drow grins. "Well, if you were trying to piss the priestesses off, I doubt you could have chosen a better group to do it." He kneels down, and points to some areas in the blood-drawing on the floor.

"You'll most likely find the wizards here, the priestess back here, and from what I heard it sounds like they've got Draegloth doing the actual sacrificing back in here. There are also a handful of mechanics up there that are not loyal to the cause."

One of the other drow walks in the room and mutters quietly "The wizards saw the tiefling, I think they've reported it, but I'm not certain what they're preparing." The first drow grimaces. "Well, so much for surprise. We'll keep things running back here."

He stands, and salutes. "For the glory of the del-kaine'toh, we will overthrow the females, and take our proper place in the world above. We will crush the fey, and the del-kaine'toh will stand supreme!"

Init:
    Zyrr
    Asheroth
    Lucan
    Eltain
    Aramil
    Pavick

Draegloth
    Priestess
    Archmagi

OOC: Really, the PCs can go in whatever order y'all want. I'll assume posting order is your initiative. Removing the drow that are on your side from the map...

MAP:
    Spoiler
    Show

Key:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Hzurr; 2013-03-06 at 01:45 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135

Planetar

Asheroth Durant
    AC 38 FORT 34 REF 30 WILL 37
    HP 134 Surges 12

Ash rests the tip of his blade on the floor of the construct as he begins to concentrate intently, focusing his will at the ends of his fists. His eyes close, and a furrow appears on his brow. He holds the image of a devilish brute in his mind. Pain flashes through his horns, and they begin to smolder.

As you go into battle, do not ignore the battle raging inside of you. There is conflict within you, but you must guard how it manifests itself.

Ash's will falters for a moment. He remembers the Avatar of Melora's words and the warning implied. Refocusing his will with a different image in his mind, it then solidifies like an anvil at a point in the center of his torso just beneath his ribs. The pain recedes slightly, but only slightly before it flares anew.

His horns begin to grow longer. No longer smoldering, but glowing. Veritably thrumming with power. This power feels strangely different from what Ash is used to coursing through him.

He raises his sword and swiftly moves into the main engine room crackling with abyssal energies. His body is wracked with pain as the Abyss threatens his lifeforce. Then he disappears in a puff of smoke only to reappear face to face with a monstrous draegloth.

Ash looks to the sacrifices then back at the draegloth. He shakes his head, eyes filled with sadness and fury. Ash braces himself against the wall of the construct and steels his body for the draegloth's attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    Minor action: Infernal Transformation - Ash gains immunity to fire, a +4 damage bonus to melee attacks and can minor action gore (19 fire +4 damage) an adjacent enemy and push them up to 3 squares once per round for the rest of the encounter.

Move action: Run to I11

Minor action: Diabolic Escape - teleport to D21

free action: wait for beat down...
    Last edited by Orsik Vondal; 2013-03-20 at 10:24 AM.

Nosce te ipsum

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Lucan - Half-elf Bard
    AC 35 Fort 30 Ref 30 Will 37 HP 128/128

"So, kill the wizards?" Lucan asks as he darts back into the hallway, Yuri by his side. As soon as he has a clear shot, he fires at the closest wizard, encouraging karma to hit back a little harder than usual.

Spoiler
    Show

Move
    Lucan moves to Q7
    Yuri moves to P7

Standard
    Use Karmic Wound on drow wizard at Q12
    Attack v AC - (1d20+28)[34]
    Damage - (2d10+17)[29]
    On a hit, the next time before the end of my next turn that he attacks an ally he takes Damage - (1d10+6)[15].
    Last edited by DSCrankshaw; 2013-03-07 at 08:29 PM.
    Donald S. Crankshaw

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

Mid-round note after Asheroth runs into the room: Non-drow creatures entering or starting their turn in the room or between the altars take 25 damage

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Pavick - Gnome Wizard
    HP 104/104, AC 41, Fort 31, Reflex 36, Will 34

Pavick cracks his knuckles before grabbing the Skull of Baftis from where he had it tucked into his belt by one horn. He moves up to the doorway. "I know how fragile a wizard can be. Let's see if these guys are as wimpy as I'm hoping," he says quietly to Slick who has abandoned his normal place in Pavick's sleeve and crawled up Pavick's shoulder to stick out the collar of Pavick's robe.

He waves his hand in an arc that releases a wave of shimmering transformational energy across the room catching two of the drow wizards in its wake.

Spoiler
    Show

Move: to S8.

Standard: Cast Mass Transformation centered on N16. Area burst 2 will catch two of the wizards.
    Attack vs Fort on L17 - (1d20+25)[34], Attack vs Fort on N14 - (1d20+25)[33].
    Hit: The target turns into a tiny beast of your choice (save with -2 penalty ends). Pavick will choose chihuahuas.
    Aftereffect: The target takes Damage on L17 - (3d8+12)[29] and Damage on N14 - (3d8+12)[27] damage from the transformation.
    Miss: The target turns into a tiny beast of your choice until the end of its next turn.
    Effect: As a tiny beast, the target is dazed, and the only actions it can take are to move its speed or shift. All of the target's equipment transforms with it. If it takes damage from any source, this effect ends.
    Last edited by dariathalon; 2013-03-07 at 09:05 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139

Oklahoma, where the air elementals carry brooms

After Pavick drops the illusion, Zyrr looks at his reflection on the blade of his knife with a scowl of disapproval. "This looks nothing like him. Really 'Pavrick', you know the looks of three surfacekin and a gnome and it's the drow you can't get right? You should have made me the goatherd."

(Bluff - (1d20+26)[39] to use the Hat of Disguise)

He waves a hand over himself, taking the appearance of the spider-garbed priestess he poisoned years ago in Sigil. The priestess coughs until her voice reaches the proper pitch, then points to Eltain and Aramil. "They want to bow to the females? Then let's give them a female to bow to. You. Worms. You're our warriors, but those whose skins you wear are feared for their arcane knowledge as well. One or both of you enter the main chamber, and meddle with the apparatus maintaining the energy conduit. I'll run in behind you, chase you away, and 'fix' the flow of energy." She smiles as she continues. "Fix it so that it flows directly to the mages. Best case scenario: we outnumber them and win the fight handily. Worst case scenario: you get the drop on them while they're all staring at me. Oh, and worms, remember our intel. The energy's horribly painful to non-drow, so try to act like it does more than tickle."

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Eltain snorts and gives Zyrr a sneering grin, curling his right hand with his palm facing upwards in a hand sign that represents a dead spider.

"Hah. The spider-kissers won't know what hit them by the time we're through. May Vhaera-I mean, Corellon, watch over us." Eltain smirks as he gets ready, starting to name off a minor exarch known for formenting rebellion in male drow and 'correcting' himself to suit his 'character'.

With a nod he teleports to the door of the main room.

"Greetings, brothers! I'm here to bring you a message of great importance and joy. Corellon loves you and respects your great skills of magic! He wants you to come back into his fold and leave behind the shackles of Lolth. Won't you welcome him into your heart?"

With that he teleports again, vanishing and then reappearing by one of the portals. He flinches and bites down a cry of pain as the abyssal energy saps his lifeforce.

"Oh, but this we simply can't have as it is. We've got to fix this! Corellon, guide me in this endeavor and help me to stop this foul evil." As he speaks he examines the portal and engines and the flow of energy between them, trying to see if there's anything he can figure from them to give him a hint as to what might disrupt the portals or energy flow.

Spoiler
    Show

Since Mando doesn't seem to be going:

Move: Ethereal Sidestep to J8
    Minor: Fey Step to F19
    Whatever: Jazz HandsArcana check: (1d20+28)[47] to see what I can figure out about the portals and how they're feeding the engines and what sort of thing might disrupt them outside of killing the Draegloths/Pavickhax. While doing this I am of course acting like I'm actively messing with the portals.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

(Well, who wants to live forever, right?)
    Aramil
    HP 166/166 Surge 41, 11/11
    AC 40 Fort 33 Ref 36 Will 33

Aramil sighs as the team breaks up to attack, then clenches his fist momentarily. As he releases, his body shines like steel for a moment, and he rushes into the dangerous engine room. Knowing that time is critical, he quickly charged his blade with lightning, slashing at the mage before him before teleporting far across the room to attack one of the Draegloth at the altars.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Minor: Ironskin. Resist 5 all until the end of the encounter.
    Double Move: to Q11.

Action Point: Dual Lightning Strike on the Q12 archmage.
    Attack vs AC - (1d20+29)[46]
    Hit: Lightning Damage - (1d8+18)[19], and marked until the end of Aramil's next turn.
    Effect: Teleport to W20 (up to 10 squares with Aegis of Assault and Mithrendain Blade), secondary attack on the near Draegloth.
    Attack vs AC - (1d20+29)[33]
    Hit: Lightning Damage - (1d8+18)[26], and marked until the end of Aramil's next turn.

Veteran's Armor: +1 item bonus to all attack rolls and defenses until the end of Aramil's next turn.
    Cloak of Translocation: +2 bonus to AC and Reflex until the end of Aramil's next turn.
    Educated Action: can reroll the first missed attack before the end of Aramil's next turn

HP 146/166 Surge 41, 11/11
    AC 43 Fort 34 Ref 38 Will 34
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2013-03-19 at 03:19 PM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

While Zyrr takes a moment to relay some last-minute battle plans, Asheroth charges in, transforming even as the arcane energies crackle and bite him, flying across the room in a blaze of fire, ending face-to-face with the draegloth.

Lucan takes his place by the entrance, just outside of the sparks flying throughout the control room. Knocking an arrow, he sends a cursed bolt through the nearest mage.

Eltain dashes through the main area to stand on one of the altars. Temporarily ignoring the draegloth and the eladrin hostages, the paladin studies the portals. Fortunately for Eltain, these portals to the Abyss are shockingly similar to some of those used by the snowflake order to sneak the wounded out of battle. He had never dreamed of using one to funnel power this way, but the foundations are surprisingly familiar. While those portals had been held open by magical reagents, it seems that these are held open by divine magic, fueled by sacrifices to the spider-queen.
    OOC: Eltain's "messing" will lower the DC for Zyrr to control the energy this round, and give Eltain a +5 bonus to religion/arcana checks to re-direct the portals in subsequent rounds

Aramil's body glistens like steel as the general moves forward, slashing and crackling, first at the mage already peppered by Lucan's arrow, then at the Draegloth preparing to throw in one of the eladrin slaves.

Cracking his knuckles, Pavick strides forward with the skull of Baftis in his hand. With a smirk, the wizard channels energy through what was once one of the finest mages of the Nine-Hells, and uses the awesome arcane power to create...tiny yappy dogs. The two great drow archmages look at each other, and bark in terror as they run to take cover from Pavick.

Zyrr the pretend priestess strides in to the machine. "You pitiful males, you dare let one of those daywalkers touch the sacred machines?" Kneeling by the machine, Zyrr makes an educated guess, and attempts to re-focus one of the arching beams of energy. The un-injured, non-chihuahua'd mage's eyes widen in horror as he sees the energy twisting and writhing towards him. He barely has time to scream before the portal's power flows directly though him, caking the room in a layer of gore and ichor as the wizard's body explodes.

The Draegloth give howls of fury as you move in, and throw themselves into battle. The Draegloth next to Asheroth and Aramil both create globes of darkness around them before launching their attacks. The Draegloth on the altar across from Aramil starts to dash across, but tilts its head as if listening, before remaining at its post and casually ripping the throat of one of the Eladrin slaves, sending the blood flowing down into the portal. The Draegloth across from Eltain also pauses as if listening, but its eyes fall on the holy symbol of Corellon and it ignores whatever was telling it to stay in place, leaping across the portal and attacking the half-eladrin. (Elatin: 33 damage, Orsik: 42 damage)

The room seems to darken as the High-Priestess walks into the central chamber. Stepping near to the pile of flesh that was once an archmage, her eyes fall on Zyrr. "You. You are no true priestess. Here, in the glory of Lolth's victory, only the faithful have real power." A dark shadow falls across her face, hiding her features except for red, glowing eyes. "You will submit to the will of the great mistress..." she murmers, forcing her will upon Zyrr. With a grunt, Zyrr turns and begins walking towards the portal, his eyes glazed over.

Even as she focuses on bending Zyrr's mind, her eyes take in the two chihuahua mages, and she soon spies Pavick peering around the corner, orb in hand. "You will make a good sacrifice to the spider queen, slave." The priestess smiles at Pavick, and launches two bolts of energy at the wizard.

The remaining Archmage groans, and pulls Lucan's arrow out of his side. Limping over to one of his chihuahua companions, the mage murmers an incantation and pulls lifeforce out of the transformed creature. This is enough to break the spell on the chihuahua'd drow, and the mage re-directs that stolen energy towards Lucan. The attempt is laughable, especially as Lucan's cursed arrow re-appears in the mage's side, injuring him again

The newly untransformed mage gives one last yip, before rising and striding towards Eltain, failing to surround the paladin with darkfire before attempting to teleport the Eladrin into the unholy portal. Luckily, Eltain is able to resist the pull, and keep himself in place.

The remaining mage manages to shake off Pavick's curse.

MAP:
    Spoiler
    Show

Init:
    Asheroth (25 damage +42, blinded while adjacent to the Draegloth)
    Lucan
    Eltain (25 +33 damage)
    Aramil (20 damage. blinded while adjacent to the Draegloth)
    Pavick (28+31 damage, ongoing 10 poison)
    Zyrr (Under Lolth's Influence (save ends) & restrained)

Draegloth
    Priestess (enemies within 5 of her take -2 to defenses)
    Archmagi Q12:(29+15+19) L17: (29) N14 (29+20)

Spoiler
    Show

Draegloth
    E21 - Claw vs Ash's AC: (1d20+23)[42]+2(CA) Damage: (2d12+22)[42]
    - Claw vs Eltain's AC: (1d20+23)[41] Damage: (2d12+22)[33]
    E17 - Claw vs Eltain's AC: (1d20+23)[30] Damage: (2d12+22)[26]
    V21 - Claw vs Aramil's AC: (1d20+23)[34]+2(CA) Damage: (2d12+22)[32]

Priestess
    Lolth's Favor vs Zyrr's Will: (1d20+27)[35] Hit: Zyrr is under Lolth's Influence (save ends) & restrained unless commanded by the Priestess
    Action Point
    unholy bolt vs Pavick's Ref (1d20+27)[39]-2(cover) Damage: (4d6+17)[28] & ongoing 10 poison
    unholy bolt vs Pavick's Ref (1d20+27)[38]-2(cover) Damage: (4d6+17)[31] & ongoing 10 poison

ArchMage:
    O15
    Unwholesome Sacrifice: (ally takes 20 damage, archmage recharges a power or gains +10 to damage). Recharge: (1d6)[2]
    Demonic Grasp vs Lucan's Fort: (1d20+27)[28]-2(mark)-2(cover) Damage: (6d6+20)[44] - Lucan is immobilized & suspended 1 square up (save ends both). While this effect lasts, whenever Lucan or any of Lucan's allies damages a demon or drow, Lucan takes 10 damage)

H13:
    Darkfire vs Eltain's Ref: (1d20+27)[33] - target grants CA
    Cruel Banishing: (1d20+27)[37] vs Fort - Eltain is teleported to the portal & dazed

L17
    Save vs. Chihuahua (1d20-2)[10]
    Last edited by Hzurr; 2013-03-19 at 10:00 PM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Pavick - Gnome Wizard
    HP 104/104, AC 41+4*, Fort 31, Reflex 36+4*, Will 34 (* Until end of Pavick's next turn)

As the priestess's bolts fly toward Pavick, he quickly throws up a barrier of arcane force between them. He breathes a sigh of relief as both bolts that had been heading straight toward him are instead deflected by his shield spell.

Spoiler
    Show

I'll take care of the rest of my turn later. For now, Pavick will use Shield as an immediate interrupt. That should make both of the bolts miss.

24. - Top - End - #144

Planetar

Asheroth Durant
    HP 65/134 (bloodied) Surges 12/12
    AC 38 FORT 34 REF 30 WILL 37

A faint circular glow appears above Ash's horns. He feels it more than sees it, because of the cloying darkness that has engulfed him. The sensation only lasts a moment before he is ripped back to the reality of awaiting death.

With the faint memory of where the beast and the altar were before darkness fell and knowing that he must protect the helpless sacrifices, Ash prowls around to his left to set up his assault on the draegloth. His blade flashes upward into the darkness, seeking flesh. It connects with something vaguely monstrous, and he presses forward again bringing the edge across in an arc meant to cut at the beast's midsection. He hears the sickening *schilck* as his blade finds draegloth meat.

A surge of energy flows from the creature up through Ash's arm and finds a home somewhere behind his rib cage. He sucks in a satisfied breath and refocuses his efforts.

Being blind has its drawbacks, but he cannot afford to sit and wait for the draegloth's next attack. He lowers his head and thrusts his elongated horns in the general direction of the draegloth menace hoping to drive it back away from the cowering "top-dwellers".

With his knowledge of the drow garnered from long chats with Zyrr, Ash knows the darkness summoned by the draegloth will most likely end soon, and so he waits in anticipation of the next onslaught of the hideous abomination with bated breath.

Spoiler
    Show
    Action Point
    Move action:
    Shift to E20

Standard action: Soul Eater vs. draegloth in E21-F22
    (1d20+25)[45] (+1 Rod of the Bloodthorn bonus and -5 for blinded included) vs. AC; (2d12+32)[43] fire/necrotic damage (hit or miss: draegloth takes an extra 11 fire damage from action point)
    Ash gains a +2 to attacks against the draegloth UEONT

Standard action: Soul Eater vs. draegloth in E21-F22
    (1d20+27)[46] (+2 Soul Eater bonus, +1 Rod of the Bloodthorn bonus and -5 for blinded included) vs. AC; (2d12+32)[40] fire/necrotic damage
    Ash gains a +2 to attacks against the draegloth UEONT

Minor action: "Infernal" Transformation Attack vs. draegloth in E21-F22
    (1d20+25)[39] (+2 Soul Eater bonus, +1 Rod of the Bloodthorn bonus and -5 for blinded included) vs. FORT; on a hit - 19 fire damage and Ash pushes the draegloth to F24-G25

If the draegloth attacks Ash next turn, he will take 10 force damage from the halo, and Ash will use Reflexive Hellstrike to deal 23 fire/necrotic damage and push it 5 squares to the south.
    Last edited by Orsik Vondal; 2013-03-29 at 02:22 PM.

Nosce te ipsum

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Eltain - 45/128 - 39/31/35/38

As soon as the Draegloth's attack connects with him, Eltain vanishes in a swirl of snow and reappears across the room by the other altar.

He winces in pain as the evil energy of the abyss flows through the room, sucking his energy. Time to pray and see if his skill is enough. He mutters a quick prayer of protection, a nimbus of sky blue magic surrounding and protecting him and those near him. He takes a deep breath to center himself and recover before laying a curse upon the Draegloth nearest him. He then faces the portal, stretching out his hands to feel out the mechanisms and try to bend them to his will, praying to Corellon to protect him and his friends.

Spoiler
    Show

Immediate Reaction to being damaged: Winter's Shroud, teleport to G10.
    Minor: Activate Divine Aegis, +2 to all defenses until the stance ends for me and all allies in 2 squares.
    Standard: Second Wind. I regain 34 HP and get +2 to all defenses until the start of my next turn.
    Move: Curse the Draegloth because why not.
    Action point, I assume this will be a standard: Gain another 34 HP from Restorative Action, Arcana: (1d20+33)[53]

End of round: 113/128 43/35/39/42

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

Lucan - Half-elf Bard
    AC 35 Fort 30 Ref 30 Will 37 HP 128/128

Lucan heaves a sigh. There's no way for him to help Zyrr without getting closer. This was going to hurt. He darts into the room with all the dark energy, spinning to fire off two arrows at his favorite drow archmage, then leaps into the side room, where he ducks behind the wall. His eyes widen as he gets a look at the way too close Draegloth. "I hope you can do something about him," he mutters to Zyrr. Then he begins to sing, a reassuring song that cuts through the chaos with a note of hope.

Spoiler
    Show

Move
    Move to S11

Standard
    Use attacks on the run
    Move to T13
    On the way, make two attacks against the drow mage at O15 (is this the one who's taken the most damage?)
    Attack v AC - (1d20+28)[31]
    Damage - (3d10+11)[27]
    Attack v AC - (1d20+28)[31]
    Damage - (3d10+11)[30]
    Half-damage on each miss

Minor
    Savior's Song
    Any ally within 5 squares of Lucan can re-roll a failed saving throw
    Last edited by DSCrankshaw; 2013-03-21 at 01:31 PM.
    Donald S. Crankshaw

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Pavick – Gnome Wizard
    HP 104/104, AC 41, Fort 31, Reflex 36, Will 34 (these numbers are as of the end of Pavick’s turn, until then, shield is still in effect)

In the blink of an eye, Pavick disappears from the rear of the spider, and is suddenly over halfway across the large central chamber. He waves his hand over his orb, and weaves one of his favorite spells together around the priestess. A small portal flies toward her, attempting to carry her off to a tiny pocket dimension where she couldn’t cause any serious trouble for at least a few seconds.

Pavick then darts around the corner into the room with Aramil, Lucan, and Zyrr to try his hand at a little jiggery pokery with this portal to redirect the plane it drew its power from to somewhere more friendly. With his unique knowledge of the connections between the planes, he hoped it would not prove to difficult.

Spoiler
    Show

Spend an Action Point
    -Planeshifter’s Action: Teleport to R15
    -Curse Eye Tattoo: the priestess has a -2 to saves (save ends)
    -Sequester: on the priestess Attack vs Fort - (1d20+25)[40]. Hit: The target is banished to a demiplane (save ends with an additional -2 penalty from spell focus).

Move Action: to T18

Standard Action: Attempt to redirect the portal. Arcana - (1d20+32)[38] (+4 more if Pavick’s Study of the Planes Paragon Path feature applies to this).

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Aramil (Blind)
    HP 146/166 Surge 41, 11/11
    AC 40 Fort 33 Ref 36 Will 33
    Resist All 5, Cold 15

Aramil couldn't see, but he could see that until Pavick could reroute the portals, fighting the Draegloth wouldn't give him much choice in the matter. Shifting to one side, he channels the magic of his circlet, then strikes with his thundering blade, pouring the craft of his sword magic into the swing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Shift to U21

Minor: Activate the Circlet of Mental Onslaught to gain +1 power bonus to attack and damage rolls for the rest of the encounter.

Standard: Master's Surge Learned Boost Booming Blade on the Draegloth. -5 for total concealment. Learned Boost is not expended.
    Attack vs AC - (1d20+24)[27]
    Hit: Damage - (6d8+19)[43], and if the Draegloth starts its turn next to Aramil and moves away, it takes 2d6+13 Thunder damage (save ends) (If Master's Surge and Learned Boost apply to this damage as well, it's 6d6 instead).
    Miss: Reliable (Master's Surge is not expended)

Damage from moving through pain-area last turn applied, I don't know if Aramil started or moved through it this turn.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Zyrr - Drow Rogue
    HP: 106/106 AC:34, Fort:27, Ref:37, Will:32

Unable to tear himself away from his march towards the portal, Zyrr closes his eyes and bends the nearby shadows around him, appearing in a swarm of growing shadows around one of the mages. With a quick feint, Zyrr forces the archmage to take a defensive posture against Zyrr, opening him up to a deadly attack from one of Zyrr's allies, even as the assassin's dagger strikes the drow wizard.

Even as the attack draws blood, Zyrr is able to shake off that strange urging that seemed to pound in his head.

Spoiler
    Show

Move: Shadowstep to L16 (darkvision negates the globe'o'darkness)
    Minor: Sneak in the Attack - allies attacking the mage have combat advantage and can deal Zyrr's Sneak attack (+5d8 damage)
    Standard: Basic attack - (1d20+27)[37](includes penalty). Damage: (2d4+28)[33]
    Last edited by Hzurr; 2013-03-27 at 04:41 PM.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Saving throw for Zyrr vs. Lolth: (1d20)[13]
    If fail - reroll from Lucan: (1d20)[19]
    Last edited by Hzurr; 2013-03-27 at 04:40 PM.