A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 37
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gryndel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default [Star Wars; Saga] Dark OOC

    To reiterate...

    With a destiny of discovery, and possibly others, could fit well, and the destiny points can be very handy too. So I'll allow it, as long as its played into the game as we go. Points would be max of 8, with possibility of having used one or more already.

    so roll 1d100:
    1-10 used none
    11-50 used 1d3-1
    51-70 used 1d3
    71-90 used 1d3+1
    91-100 used 1d4+1


    Also for those with discovery as destiny; unless journey is delayed more than a day you gain +1 to all 3 defenses and +2 on checks for any single trained skill, always the same skill once chosen.


    Characters [destiny points]
    RandomLunatic Alynkar Togorian Soldier 7/Elite Trooper 1 [5]

    XianTheCoder Kir Vantai Duros Scoundrel 1/Jedi 5/Soldier 1/Sith Acolyte 1 [8]

    Doko Varikas Human Soldier 3/Jedi (Sith) 4/Sith Apprentice 1 [8]

    Major Mi'kel Cetar Nagai Noble 2/Scoundrel 5/Crime Lord 1 [8]
    Punk noble paid to stay away from home

    Venom Quarren Merc/Bounty Hunter [4]

    Grim Greg Besalisk Scout6/Scoundrel1/Assassin1

    Kydell Webster Kobb techie scoundrel ryn.
    Last edited by Gryndel; 2012-11-27 at 11:51 AM.
    Game on...

    MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: [Star Wars; Saga] Dark OOC

    Reposting sheet for posterity.

    Calling blood red for speech color.
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Star Wars; Saga] Dark OOC

    Kir Vantai, will speak in SeaGreen.
    Last edited by XianTheCoder; 2012-11-27 at 08:05 AM.

    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

    None

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gryndel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Star Wars; Saga] Dark OOC

    REPOSTING from recruit thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by doko239 View Post
    I suppose we should decide if we know each other yet or not.

    I do love that we're doing the classic "met in a tavern" plot hook though
    hehe addicted to classics...

    you guys can be a tightly knit crew who had their ship blown out from under them by some Jedi and troopers, only to survive somehow to end up stuck here. Or a variety of other scenarios, including some of you with that recent background...

    Up to you really, you'll have up to an hour to talk amongst yourselves.
    Game on...

    MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Star Wars; Saga] Dark OOC

    Destiny Points: (1d100)[39]

    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

    None

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Star Wars; Saga] Dark OOC

    Destiny: (1d3)[1]

    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

    None

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gryndel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Star Wars; Saga] Dark OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by XianTheCoder View Post
    Destiny: [roll0]
    Should be 1d3-1, so result would be 0 used.
    Game on...

    MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Star Wars; Saga] Dark OOC

    Sorry for silence, for some reason my internet crapped out on my laptop. Trying to fix it, but I think it is the wireless (using a desktop at work now which blocks somethings. I can make the rolls at least)

    (1d100)[9]

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gryndel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Star Wars; Saga] Dark OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Sorry for silence, for some reason my internet crapped out on my laptop. Trying to fix it, but I think it is the wireless (using a desktop at work now which blocks somethings. I can make the rolls at least)

    [roll0]
    awesome, and all 8 destiny points available!
    Game on...

    MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Star Wars; Saga] Dark OOC

    I DO have one possible build sorta planned at least so until I get it in mythweavers I can toss it here.

    Noble 2/Scoundrel 5/Crime Lord 1 (going to look at stat distribution and see if I want to go that route. Oh, and money, cause the weapons I'm thinking of using cost 73,400. Thank god for the wealth talent :P)

    Just going to look at stats and figure out if I want to go Nagai or near human.


    ----
    Hmmm...80,000 credits to start plus the credits you gave us to start so that's 130,000.

    I might drop the dashing knife-wielder (Nagai) and go near-human. Though, inflicting copious amounts of poison and bleeding with one knife toss IS amusing.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gryndel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Star Wars; Saga] Dark OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    I DO have one possible build sorta planned at least so until I get it in mythweavers I can toss it here.

    Noble 2/Scoundrel 5/Crime Lord 1 (going to look at stat distribution and see if I want to go that route. Oh, and money, cause the weapons I'm thinking of using cost 73,400. Thank god for the wealth talent :P)

    Just going to look at stats and figure out if I want to go Nagai or near human.


    ----
    Hmmm...80,000 credits to start plus the credits you gave us to start so that's 130,000.

    I might drop the dashing knife-wielder (Nagai) and go near-human. Though, inflicting copious amounts of poison and bleeding with one knife toss IS amusing.
    Sounds ok either so far, go with what you like to play the best. Add 20,000 credits, bribe from Mom to stay silent about something.
    Game on...

    MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Star Wars; Saga] Dark OOC

    Eh, I mixed it.

    I got a backup weapon, but the fricken crazy expensive knives are the focus. Almost done and will edit in sheet once complete.

    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=475899

    Let me know of any errors you see.
    Last edited by Major; 2012-11-27 at 02:10 AM.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: [Star Wars; Saga] Dark OOC

    I am not sure putting that many templates on a weapon is kosher.

    That said, based on how the RP is shaping up, if we knew each other before, we sure were not a group.
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Star Wars; Saga] Dark OOC

    Eh prototype and genoharden are really the main two and I don't see why not.

    Superior Tech and Superior damage come from prototype and quick draw template is more a weapon modification than an actual template (imo).

    If anything is a problem removing it isn't really that big a deal. But a weapon that cost nearly 20k each and breaks on a 1-4 *shrugs*

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Star Wars; Saga] Dark OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by RandomLunatic View Post
    That said, based on how the RP is shaping up, if we knew each other before, we sure were not a group.
    Well... just not a particularly close knit and friendly group. Or perhaps we are a group of arrogant characters that work together because we each think we are suprior to everyone else in the group and thus unthreatened by them? Lot's of possibilities why we could be together.

    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

    None

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: [Star Wars; Saga] Dark OOC

    Well, the rules do not specifically ban it, but it sure seems like it goes against the spirit. GM call, I guess...

    But how did you get two slot's worth of upgrades on them? I see no indication of them being stripped to get an extra slot.
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Star Wars; Saga] Dark OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by RandomLunatic View Post
    Well, the rules do not specifically ban it, but it sure seems like it goes against the spirit. GM call, I guess...

    But how did you get two slot's worth of upgrades on them? I see no indication of them being stripped to get an extra slot.
    Eh, I wouldn't think against spirit considering I'm sure a lot of Genoharden weapons WOULD be prototypes. I mean "Bothan" + "Genoharden" would be kinda against spirit. But a prototype is more a type.

    As for two give me a second to check, I copied them from another character in a different game that died in the ooc thread. The two tech specialist ones are from prototype, the other two...

    I think I did mess up there in which case the Neutronium can be removed (19-20 crit).

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Star Wars; Saga] Dark OOC

    Another SWSE game that doesn't make it past the first scene... 0 for 57

    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

    None

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gryndel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Star Wars; Saga] Dark OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by XianTheCoder View Post
    Another SWSE game that doesn't make it past the first scene... 0 for 57
    Sorry for the delay, but that's a quick surrender for a pbp game during the holidays.
    Game on...

    MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gryndel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Star Wars; Saga] Dark OOC

    I'm looking into the details of the weapon issue, but what you have should be acceptable.
    Game on...

    MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: [Star Wars; Saga] Dark OOC

    I thought this had died...

    Right, so, can I ask you about some kit upgrades that, while maybe not strict RAW, seem to follow RAI?

    See, according to Scum & Villainy, if you strip armor's "size" you instead increase it's category one step (Light>Medium>Heavy). So it seems logical that if you put the miniaturized upgrade on armor, it would instead decrease the category one step (Heavy>Medium>Light) instead of the size category.

    The other part of this is that armored speeds seem to be fixed by weight-for a creature with a base speed of 6, Light is always 6,Medium is always 4, and Heavy is always 4 with an x3 run modifier. In all of the SWSE supplements, there are exactly 3 exceptions to this rule, all from the same web supplement. So I if were reduced a Medium armor down to light with the Miniaturized upgrade, would the speed for rise to 6 to match all other light armors?
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gryndel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Star Wars; Saga] Dark OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by RandomLunatic View Post
    I thought this had died...

    Right, so, can I ask you about some kit upgrades that, while maybe not strict RAW, seem to follow RAI?

    See, according to Scum & Villainy, if you strip armor's "size" you instead increase it's category one step (Light>Medium>Heavy). So it seems logical that if you put the miniaturized upgrade on armor, it would instead decrease the category one step (Heavy>Medium>Light) instead of the size category.

    The other part of this is that armored speeds seem to be fixed by weight-for a creature with a base speed of 6, Light is always 6,Medium is always 4, and Heavy is always 4 with an x3 run modifier. In all of the SWSE supplements, there are exactly 3 exceptions to this rule, all from the same web supplement. So I if were reduced a Medium armor down to light with the Miniaturized upgrade, would the speed for rise to 6 to match all other light armors?
    Sure, sounds reasonable to me
    Game on...

    MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: [Star Wars; Saga] Dark OOC

    Sweet. First thing I want to look into once we finish this off.

    Speaking of which, does anybody else have any questions for this guy, or what?
    Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2012-12-09 at 06:22 PM.
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gryndel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Star Wars; Saga] Dark OOC

    hey guys, drastic life changes going on just now so I have only limited access to public computer. Not having access to my computer means some loss of info I had worked up, but we'll push on anyway, albeit a little slower most likely for a week or 3. But fear not, it won't be a lost cause!
    Game on...

    MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Star Wars; Saga] Dark OOC

    It's all good, slow updating games are fine with me, as long as we know they are going to be slow updating and nto dead.

    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

    None

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gryndel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Star Wars; Saga] Dark OOC

    So it looks like we're down to only 3 players already, well before my brief haitus began. It'll be fine though, fewer to wait on to proceed.

    Again, I'll be slow in response at times, but I'll have days when I'm available to play here. So if replies come in while I'm around I might post more than once in a day to move things along.
    Game on...

    MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: [Star Wars; Saga] Dark OOC

    Wait, is take-off in one hour or 12? I have things to do that I can get done in 12 but not 1 (I think).

    EDIT: To be precise, I want to hire somebody to remove the Jump Servos from the Powersuit, install thin in the Thinsuit, and then Miniaturize the Powersuit. Then I checked the rules and discovered Alynkar can do it himself by taking 20, provided the hyperspace trip takes a while (about a week's of work).
    Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2012-12-25 at 08:38 PM.
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gryndel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Star Wars; Saga] Dark OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by RandomLunatic View Post
    Wait, is take-off in one hour or 12? I have things to do that I can get done in 12 but not 1 (I think).

    EDIT: To be precise, I want to hire somebody to remove the Jump Servos from the Powersuit, install thin in the Thinsuit, and then Miniaturize the Powersuit. Then I checked the rules and discovered Alynkar can do it himself by taking 20, provided the hyperspace trip takes a while (about a week's of work).
    Oops, my bad! Its what I get for not reading back in my own notes here and not having them available elsewhere anymore. So I'll edit the number, to remain consistent with what I decided and what the NPC said in previous post(s).

    But since you can do it yourself, it works that way too, and yes the trip will take some time, at least weeks. Should be sufficient time for everyoneto accomplish such things, if wanted, to alter details now that they know more about the mission.

    I'm pretty easy on the rules, as long as everyone follows the same idea and doesn't take advantage of that.
    Game on...

    MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: [Star Wars; Saga] Dark OOC

    So, then, Alynkar's to-do list:

    1: Get that miniaturized upgrade (or, more accurately, whatever parts are needed to install it later. Cost: 500

    2: Pick up 10 spare fuel cells for the jet pack. Cost: 10x100=1000.

    3 (Time permitting): Since it looks like we are going to be away from civilization for a time, freshen up and then hit the town for an orgy of booze, whores, and cantina brawling, not necessarily in that order.
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gryndel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Star Wars; Saga] Dark OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by RandomLunatic View Post
    So, then, Alynkar's to-do list:

    1: Get that miniaturized upgrade (or, more accurately, whatever parts are needed to install it later. Cost: 500

    2: Pick up 10 spare fuel cells for the jet pack. Cost: 10x100=1000.

    3 (Time permitting): Since it looks like we are going to be away from civilization for a time, freshen up and then hit the town for an orgy of booze, whores, and cantina brawling, not necessarily in that order.
    All approved, and he has LOTS of fun!!! If you want to play any of that out let me know, if not we'll move right along. There is a planned encounter at the dock when everyone is there, just before the ship leaves.

    I'm getting back into my routine and will be able and willing to post more regularly now as its on my recreational schedule
    Game on...

    MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •