New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Amidus Drexel's Alliterative and Awe-Accentuating Anvil of Random Banter CLXXXVI

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    I was like this for almost a week when my wisdom teeth got out. I was either numb from painkillers or couldn't feel anything besides pain because I was refusing to take more painkillers. I really need to figure out how to take pills...
    Simple. You wait until no one's looking and put them in your pocket.
    My suggestion is to put them in your mouth at the back of your tongue and drink water. It's not too difficult and you'll master it eventually.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Amidus Drexel's Alliterative and Awe-Accentuating Anvil of Random Banter CLXXXVI

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Simple. You wait until no one's looking and put them in your pocket.
    My suggestion is to put them in your mouth at the back of your tongue and drink water. It's not too difficult and you'll master it eventually.
    Alternative suggestion. Get a large group of friends to start attacking you while they're dressed as zombies. As you lie bleeding and bruised on the floor, get another friend carrying a shotgun to yell "Pills here!"

3. - Top - End - #423
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    That sounds like an awesome jacket. What kind is it?
    A thick, but not too thick, down jacket (parka seems to be the common term nowadays) going by the brand of McKinley. I got it for

Clearly the paranoid variety that fears invasion by the evil forces of the Scarf Empire.
    Nah, scarves don't attack you through your sleeves, snow does. And I wore a buff around my neck at all times, shielding me from the windswept snow.

IRN:
    It's snowed. A lot. Probably 20 cm while I've been awake, and it's been drifted and compacted by the gusty winds all in the meantime. I still haven't seen a single plough car (or rather, tractor) all day, and if this doesn't change until tomorrow, I'll have to ski to the university!

I shoveled the front and went to buy milk and ground meat, and when I got home again, I went to shovel it again. And dug out the car. And shovel the front again. I shoveled the fronts of three of my elderly neighbours as well, as they're too old to do it themselves, topping off by a final shovelling of our own front just to get rid of the last few centimetres who'd fallen while I was preoccupied. All in all, I don't know how many cubic metres of snow I've moved, but I wouldn't be surprised if it equaled a metric ton. All in all, a good day's work.

And it doesn't seem to stop anytime soon either. The drift on our roof is at least 40 cm deep, and I wouldn't dare to estimate the one in our garden. It's going to keep snowing as well, so we'll have to see what'll happen. It'll take a miracle of the worst kinds (is a bad miracle still a miracle? Isn't there any better word?) for me to not get my white Christmas this year. :3
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ettin in the Playground

I thought you promised fifty points? Why did you give Amidus a cookie instead?
    I think a cookie must be worth 50 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    IRN:
    It's snowed. A lot. Probably 20 cm while I've been awake, and it's been drifted and compacted by the gusty winds all in the meantime. I still haven't seen a single plough car (or rather, tractor) all day, and if this doesn't change until tomorrow, I'll have to ski to the university!

I shoveled the front and went to buy milk and ground meat, and when I got home again, I went to shovel it again. And dug out the car. And shovel the front again. I shoveled the fronts of three of my elderly neighbours as well, as they're too old to do it themselves, topping off by a final shovelling of our own front just to get rid of the last few centimetres who'd fallen while I was preoccupied. All in all, I don't know how many cubic metres of snow I've moved, but I wouldn't be surprised if it equaled a metric ton. All in all, a good day's work.

And it doesn't seem to stop anytime soon either. The drift on our roof is at least 40 cm deep, and I wouldn't dare to estimate the one in our garden. It's going to keep snowing as well, so we'll have to see what'll happen. It'll take a miracle of the worst kinds (is a bad miracle still a miracle? Isn't there any better word?) for me to not get my white Christmas this year. :3
    I'm going to just sit here and be envious.
    A few odds and ends.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground

This December is going to be really stressful for me. Getting everything ready for college and Christmas. Ugh....................

6. - Top - End - #426
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yesterday was most excellent. The seminary had a Christmas party, since we're away when Christmas actually occurs. Every year we do a secret Santa, and much hilarity ensues from all the gifts we get each other. It was a very good time.

In other news, that massive essay that I had to write a few days ago has now come back to bother me. That was merely the first draft that was due, so I simply wrote enough to fill the minimum fifteen pages. Now I have to revise this thing, and turn it in by 11:30 tomorrow morning. This is gonna be unpleasant.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

7. - Top - End - #427
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    Thanks; I'll try, but I can't promise anything considering I have finals and I'd need to acquire the sheet music for it first.
    It was kind of a joke but hell, if you can find the time take a crack at it. I'm a little excited now.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeburn View Post
    This December is going to be really stressful for me. Getting everything ready for college and Christmas. Ugh....................
    Christmas isn't so bad with me, but I've got three finals on the same day next Monday. I'm scared.
    Plus, turns out I won't be able to play my second Pathfinder session until next semester because one of my players is being nice and offering tutoring after his finals. Which is cool, but still infuriating.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

9. - Top - End - #429
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Yesterday was most excellent. The seminary had a Christmas party, since we're away when Christmas actually occurs. Every year we do a secret Santa, and much hilarity ensues from all the gifts we get each other. It was a very good time.

In other news, that massive essay that I had to write a few days ago has now come back to bother me. That was merely the first draft that was due, so I simply wrote enough to fill the minimum fifteen pages. Now I have to revise this thing, and turn it in by 11:30 tomorrow morning. This is gonna be unpleasant.
    I love it when they give you a few weeks to write a many page paper draft, then expect you do get in the final form by the end of the week. It be annoying.

Also, HI RB! *says hi to everyone*
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    I love it when they give you a few weeks to write a many page paper draft, then expect you do get in the final form by the end of the week. It be annoying.

Hey Sheep! How you been lately?

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Nah, scarves don't attack you through your sleeves, snow does. And I wore a buff around my neck at all times, shielding me from the windswept snow.
    Didn't you know? Scarves are in league with snow to defeat jackets everywhere and take over the world! They've promised the snow Australia!

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    I think a cookie must be worth 50 points.
    Actually, the value of a cookie in points varies over the course of the year due to global fluctuations and planetary alignments.

Hi Mr. Sheep!
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

12. - Top - End - #432
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Hey Sheep! How you been lately?
    Pretty cool, been having fun teenaging about, waiting for The Hobbit. (Speaking of... HOBBIT OMG OMG!) Aside from boundless anticipation, pretty normal. How has Canada fared? It's been strangely warm recently down here, are you guys getting a early December heat wave too? (It was colder in October.)
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Colossus in the Playground

Pretty cool, been having fun teenaging about, waiting for The Hobbit. (Speaking of... HOBBIT OMG OMG!) Aside from boundless anticipation, pretty normal. How has Canada fared? It's been strangely warm recently down here, are you guys getting a early December heat wave too? (It was colder in October.)
    Canada is cold as ever. Also, I have no excitement for the Hobbit since I'm....not a big fan of the LOTR series

14. - Top - End - #434
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yeah, it's really warm. It went from being 13 below, and a snowy winter wonderland, to being 13 above and just rainy.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello master Sheep, you rascallous blackguard. I too am excited for The Hobbit and have just secured plans to go see it with a force of family men.

On the other hand, no, it has been deliciously chilly around here. Aside from a brief trip up to around freezing today, it has been almost daily below the average. This bird is pleased.

I humbly entreat others of Banter for a possible hug. I have done an absolutely atrocious job finishing my term papers. They are both late already, and my confidence is a heap of broken glass mixed with half-rotten compost.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    You too?

Yeah, I mentioned one of my nightmares offhand to a psych student and he asked me to keep a dream journal for him to analyze. I said no.
    yeah, well, my student's drom was 14 people: 9 boys and 5 girls. From the girls (at that time) 2 were psych majors and of the boys about 8 persons were kinds of wacky. Now here's the kicker. One of those psych majors thought it was fun to feign inaptitude in the dutch language (for which she followed courses and such) to incite weird mental images (which as the dorm she stayed in when she was following that course saw right through). next to that was the fact that I (and a couple of other boys in my dorm) tend to react not entirely the way people expect me to react and that was grounds enough for declaring me a thesis for a master's degree. some of the other boys were declared fit for a bachelor's degree. So it's less severe then I make it sound (it's just funnier). On the other hand, if you look around enough in my psyche you might find some things, but not a lot more then the average person has (if there is such a thing like an average person). I think that if you methodically start diagnosing people you'd find hidden groves of psychology patients... the question is if you want to and if it would get you anywhere

but ofcourse, being called out is the fun onto itself
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I humbly entreat others of Banter for a possible hug. I have done an absolutely atrocious job finishing my term papers. They are both late already, and my confidence is a heap of broken glass mixed with half-rotten compost.
    Spoiler
    Show

I am sure they will be more than adequate despite their lateness.

Dragons!

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ogre in the Playground

How about one of LDK & Zebes' Patented Double-Hugs? They're all the fun of being flanked without the nasty Sneak Attack damage!
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I am sure they will be more than adequate despite their lateness.
    Aww, how cute. Thank you, mi Elementalis. Are you alright today?

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    How about one of LDK & Zebes' Patented Double-Hugs? They're all the fun of being flanked without the nasty Sneak Attack damage!
    I'll take it! But please don't let Zebes singe my moustache. *hugs*

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ettin in the Playground

Aww, how cute. Thank you, mi Elementalis. Are you alright today?
    Much better. I am still miffed with Mynxae not visiting, but I understand why he couldn't make it. It's also not so hot today.
    Unfortunately, I've done something to my wrist, and I don't know what so it's rather painful. Which is annoying because I had a dream last night about a peace of music I am sure I have lying around somewhere and I was going to check if I did. I suspect I misremembered in my dream because it was a strange one.

Dragons!

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ogre in the Playground

Much better. I am still miffed with Mynxae not visiting, but I understand why he couldn't make it. It's also not so hot today.
    Unfortunately, I've done something to my wrist, and I don't know what so it's rather painful. Which is annoying because I had a dream last night about a peace of music I am sure I have lying around somewhere and I was going to check if I did. I suspect I misremembered in my dream because it was a strange one.
    A piece of music to play? What piece?

It is good that you are better. Has Archangel been checking in? He might be able to give you a traditional budgie analgesic and anti-inflammatory for your wrist. - which may be simply smooshing his fluff against it. Quite effective, though.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-12-06 at 03:32 AM.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Troll in the Playground

Hello master Sheep, you rascallous blackguard. I too am excited for The Hobbit and have just secured plans to go see it with a force of family men.

On the other hand, no, it has been deliciously chilly around here. Aside from a brief trip up to around freezing today, it has been almost daily below the average. This bird is pleased.

*joins grouphug*

it's gonna be allright. don't you worry.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    *joins grouphug*

it's gonna be allright. don't you worry.
    Yay, moar hugs! And from a licentious Nederlander. Thank you kind sir.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ettin in the Playground

A piece of music to play? What piece?

It is good that you are better. Has Archangel been checking in? He might be able to give you a traditional budgie analgesic and anti-inflammatory for your wrist. - which may be simply smooshing his fluff against it. Quite effective, though.
    I do not know. I am not sure I even own the piece in question or if it even exists. I don't even know the name my dream assigned to it, though it may have been a waltz. My dream and my memory of my dream merely implied that I had such a piece and that it was beautiful.

No. He has not checked in. I begin to fear that he has turned to the Dark Side.

Dragons!

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground

I do not know. I am not sure I even own the piece in question or if it even exists. I don't even know the name my dream assigned to it, though it may have been a waltz. My dream and my memory of my dream merely implied that I had such a piece and that it was beautiful.

No. He has not checked in. I begin to fear that he has turned to the Dark Side.
    Hmm. He may also have gone native, as they say, and repatriated with some wild flock. Such is always the danger with the budgie agents visiting Australia. He may at this moment be throwing his meticulous training to the winds, shredding eucalyptus bark and cavorting with some colourful hen. Sigh, I'll have to send some agents after him, but I'll give him a week or two to enjoy himself first...

That is a rather hauntingly lovely dream.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-12-06 at 04:00 AM.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ogre in the Playground

That awkward moment when you accidentally exit a game rather than just log out to change settings, then you hit yourself and giggle hysterically and start dancing.

Am I crazy?

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm. He may also have gone native, as they say, and repatriated with some wild flock. Such is always the danger with the budgie agents visiting Australia. He may at this moment be throwing his meticulous training to the winds, shredding eucalyptus bark and cavorting with some colourful hen. Sigh, I'll have to send some agents after him, but I'll give him a week or two to enjoy himself first...

That is a rather hauntingly lovely dream.
    Hmm... He may never decide to return if that is the case. Alternatively, his non-traditional plumage is a liability in a wild setting...

Not particularly. The dream took the form of a music class similar to the ones I remember from school, but for some reason it was in the library, not the music block. I was looking for music for a performance and I decided upon the aforementioned. But unfortunately, I was not allowed to actually play it as the dream ended too soon.
    It could have been haunting and lovely, but alas, my dreams are usually of the boring variety that make little sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    That awkward moment when you accidentally exit a game rather than just log out to change settings, then you hit yourself and giggle hysterically and start dancing.

Am I crazy?
    Yes.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-12-06 at 04:16 AM.

Dragons!

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes.
    Don't make me give your Christmas present to a well-read Orphan! I'll do it!

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

29. - Top - End - #449
    Troll in the Playground

*grabs popcorn again to see the exchange between Mynxae and Elemental*
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Don't make me give your Christmas present to a well-read Orphan! I'll do it!
    What did you expect me to say? Hysterical giggling followed by dancing is a sure sign of either insanity or sleep deprivation.

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    *grabs popcorn again to see the exchange between Mynxae and Elemental*
    This is not intended as entertainment...

Dragons!