New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Amidus Drexel's Alliterative and Awe-Accentuating Anvil of Random Banter CLXXXVI

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Does this mean that I am a wizard? Cool.

Aren't steroids illegal?
    They are? I didn't know priestin' was a competitive sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Am I the only one who failed the easiest Maths in High School and is afraid of stuff like that? (It's force though, right? )
    Yeah. WHen you have lines going through your vowels, it's time to find a new math.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post

I took AP Calc my junior year of high school and got a 5 on the AP test and I'm scared of that equation.
    I just don't geddit. Myeh.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Amidus Drexel's Alliterative and Awe-Accentuating Anvil of Random Banter CLXXXVI

Bargh. Thanks to insomnia I got only forty minutes of sleep last night. This is a shame, since today is a reading day, which means that I'd normally have more time to study. In fact, two of my professors are holding study sessions to go over the exam material in depth. Whatever part of the brain is responsible for sleep clearly saw this great chance for me to study, and started cackling maniacally as it plotted to ruin all that.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

3. - Top - End - #783
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    I already told you, that kind of chimerisation wouldn't end up working out. It's hard enough to combine a dog with a pony, let alone add a dragon on top.
    didn't we as the playground find out that dragons (when delivering genetic material) don't so much deliver genetic material, but some sort of mutation that actually renders the basematerial much stronger? So it could be a small pony with floppy ears/wagging tail/puppy tongue and webbed wings/scales/claws instead of hooves. it si established that dragons would do anything that moves (or indeed doesn't), so why not ponies, or puppies, or both?
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

4. - Top - End - #784
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Dammit, I wish I could work well without being under pressure. Every damn time! I can't even function until the last minute! And then I get an excellent score, which really kills me, because it makes me think how awesome I'd be if I were actually able to devote a whole month to a project instead of 6 and a half hours.
    Judging from how perfectionist you are (seriously, you're the only person I've ever heard of who's considering dropping a course because she only scores a mere 75% or thereabouts on it! ) it would probably make things worse--you'd have time to read back through what you'd done and decide to redo it because it wasn't good enough.

5. - Top - End - #785
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    didn't we as the playground find out that dragons (when delivering genetic material) don't so much deliver genetic material, but some sort of mutation that actually renders the basematerial much stronger? So it could be a small pony with floppy ears/wagging tail/puppy tongue and webbed wings/scales/claws instead of hooves. it si established that dragons would do anything that moves (or indeed doesn't), so why not ponies, or puppies, or both?
    Under that philosophy you could add everything to the dragon and it would be fine, right? So a dog-cat-mouse-badger-porcupine-lion-ninja-bear-dragon would be acceptable, right?
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

6. - Top - End - #786
    Ettin in the Playground

I find him in like five seconds every time. I was jsut... staring.
    Well... They do put a lot of effort into their scenes that is worth looking at.

Intriguing. No doubt there will be a nice prestige class to go along with that.
    Probably. It might even be one involving a nice hat.

Metalworking, eh? I like the sound of that. My room would be vastly improved by putting an anvil in it.
    I am in total agreement. Though that would likely violate the building codes.

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    Oh, you can have a half-dragon pony or a half-dragon puppy, but adding a third in just makes things extremely difficult. Particularly as both ponies and puppies are quadrupeds so it would be hard to show that it's not merely a half-dragon one of them.
    After all, ponies use their ears expressively, and ears down for them means what you'd expect, fear, worry, sadness etc. And putting the tail of a pony on a dog doesn't help either because dogs can have fluffy tails.

In short, you have a ghastly mess of genetic material to shuffle around that just refuses to shuffle.

In other news: Why do the American Starcraft servers have to go down on the day I bought the game. It's a conspiracy to annoy me.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

7. - Top - End - #787
    Ettin in the Playground

In other news: Why do the American Starcraft servers have to go down on the day I bought the game. It's a conspiracy to annoy me.
    The day I really wanted to play, too. I haven't even gotten to play much at all. Le sigh.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

8. - Top - End - #788
    Titan in the Playground

I find him in like five seconds every time. I was jsut... staring.
    Even in Waldo-land?

ION:
    Everything is in the tube and out of my control. If all goes well, I won't even have to lift a finger again. Ahh, what a great feeling!
    *leans back to relax*

Nope, no time to lose. There's a World of Tanks to be played.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

9. - Top - End - #789
    Firbolg in the Playground

Wooh, 3:45 hours of sleep. So cold. I think the north should be outlawed.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #790
    Titan in the Playground

If you ever want appreciation for the cold, come down to visit good ol' Sugar Land during the summer and try to stay outside for as long as you can.

Personally I prefer when this place is over 95 degrees to when it's less than 60, but I seem to be in the minority there.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-12-11 at 10:46 AM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

11. - Top - End - #791
    Ogre in the Playground

Bargh. Thanks to insomnia I got only forty minutes of sleep last night. This is a shame, since today is a reading day, which means that I'd normally have more time to study. In fact, two of my professors are holding study sessions to go over the exam material in depth. Whatever part of the brain is responsible for sleep clearly saw this great chance for me to study, and started cackling maniacally as it plotted to ruin all that.
    Sorry 'bout that. I actually went to sleep at a reasonable hour last night. Guess all that extra insomnia had to go somewhere.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

12. - Top - End - #792
    Ogre in the Playground

You got Starcraft II? Yay! I insiste on a game with you when you have it up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    *waves and winks back*
    *hides blushing face*
    Spoiler
    Show

Protip, when translating to another language, make sure that the word is a noun before using it as such. Right now, you've said "the resistance-" (and the following word has to be feminine).

May I suggest faux German? Less glaring to those who know it, and it's possible to make it look better in English instead. How about "Der Resistanz"? Not that I'll ever join your cause...
    This is a lovely segue for me to share another thing for those among us who might need a laugh, which is Stephen Fry doing a camp German voice.

13. - Top - End - #793
    Titan in the Playground

But I like the cold. It makes everything white and crispy and utterly cozy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    *hides blushing face*
    Spoiler
    Show
    *budgie*
    Naww...

ION:
    I just heard a loud thump, and a fine mist of snow hit the window just next to me. It turned out that the large tongue of snow that's been hanging off the roof outside my bedroom window (one floor above where I sit now), providing a beautiful upper bound to my view, finally succumbed to the forces of gravity. Oh well, it was pretty while it lasted, and now no one will run the danger of getting it all in the head, which wouldn't be a good thing...

IRN:
    Speaking of the winter, it never ceases to amaze me how the colours shift from day to day. Yesterday, the world had faded every contrast to white, every edged had turned crystalline and a light blue sky and endearing sun domed the landscape to make me feel like I was wandering in a half-remembered dream.

Today, however, every open surface rebellioned against the frost and draped itself in an uncanny shadow, all while a biting wind swept the plains and streets and a gray sky loomed above. There was a promise of the ominous hanging in the air, but thankfully, nothing ever happened.
    Last edited by Teddy; 2012-12-11 at 04:05 PM.

Show

14. - Top - End - #794

ION:
    I just heard a loud thump, and a fine mist of snow hit the window just next to me. It turned out that the large tongue of snow that's been hanging off the roof outside my bedroom window (one floor above where I sit now), providing a beautiful upper bound to my view, finally succumbed to the forces of gravity. Oh well, it was pretty while it lasted, and now no one will run the danger of getting it all in the head, which wouldn't be a good thing...

IRN:
    Speaking of the winter, it never ceases to amaze me how the colours shift from day today. Yesterday, the world had faded every contrast to white, every edged had turned crystalline and a light blue sky and endearing sun domed the landscape to make me feel like I was wandering in a half-remembered dream.

Today, however, every open surface rebellioned against the frost and draped itself in an uncanny shadow, all while a biting wind swept the plains and streets and a gray sky loomed above. There was a promise of the ominous hanging in the air, but thankfully, nothing ever happened.
    The funny thing about those snow tongues is that we are encouraged to get rid of them up here since too much snow on the roof makes it collapse and kill everyone.

Also, about the beauty of winter and stuff...sometimes I take for granite how beautiful the winter actually is. It actually is quite elegent and amazing. It's just so damned cold and I'm just so used to it, I sometimes don't appreciate it correctly.

15. - Top - End - #795
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    ...sometimes I take for granite how beautiful the winter actually is.
    ... You think that winter is a rock?
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

16. - Top - End - #796

... You think that winter is a rock?
    I don't pretend I know how to spell sometimes.

17. - Top - End - #797
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    The corruption of this trend is widespread, I must start writing 95 reasons against!
    Heh, and directed at the right person, too.

What shall we nail them to?

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    Yes, the first is the Wave Drift Force, the second one is the good old Net Force on an object in vacuum all physics students know and love.
    First rule of physics classroom: The physics classroom exists in a frictionless vacuum, unless the question indicates otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    'ot water, good dentishtry, and shoft lavatory paper.
    They're speaking of the wrong Conan, of course.

I took AP Calc my junior year of high school and got a 5 on the AP test and I'm scared of that equation.
    Overachiever.
    A few odds and ends.

18. - Top - End - #798

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Overachiever.
    *laughs for literally a minute and a half*

But seriously, no. I did maybe 40% of the homework for that class. An overachiever works hard to get the highest grade possible. A lazybones like me accepts whatever grade fits the work level he feels like doing. Mostly it's that our calc teacher is pretty much the best teacher ever.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...

19. - Top - End - #799
    Titan in the Playground

The funny thing about those snow tongues is that we are encouraged to get rid of them up here since too much snow on the roof makes it collapse and kill everyone.
    Well, we're encouraged to get rid of snow and icicles as well, if they hang over enterances or walkways, and, well, the snow tongue was hanging over the path to our shed and compost in our garden, to my slight worry, but it's seldom trodden, and the tongue didn't quite get intimidating enough to prompt me to action. After all, it hasn't been thaw yet.

Also, there hasn't been quite enough snow yet to cause any roof collapses. There were quite a lot of them (mostly striking sport halls and similar open buildings with large roofs) in the snow-rich winter 09/10, but even though the winter 10/11 was even snowier, there weren't nearly as many collapses in it thanks to the natural selection.

Also, about the beauty of winter and stuff...sometimes I take for granite how beautiful the winter actually is. It actually is quite elegent and amazing. It's just so damned cold and I'm just so used to it, I sometimes don't appreciate it correctly.
    Well, at least I got you to reflect on it, and this means a lot to me.

Also, I kind of like the expression "take something for granite", despite how accidental its creation might have been. It kind of expresses how you overlook something of hidden value, taking it for rough and uninteresting granite.

Show

20. - Top - End - #800
    Ettin in the Playground

*laughs for literally a minute and a half*

But seriously, no. I did maybe 40% of the homework for that class. An overachiever works hard to get the highest grade possible. A lazybones like me accepts whatever grade fits the work level he feels like doing. Mostly it's that our calc teacher is pretty much the best teacher ever.
    Heh, the calculus class I'm in now is easier than the math I was doing junior year. Trigonometry is a bunch of useless nonsense, past the basics.

Also, I kind of like the expression "take something for granite", despite how accidental its creation might have been. It kind of expresses how you overlook something of hidden value, taking it for rough and uninteresting granite.
    Hey, granite is interesting! It's not silly and weak, like talc.
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2012-12-11 at 04:38 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

21. - Top - End - #801
    Titan in the Playground

They're speaking of the wrong Conan, of course.
    They're speaking of the only Conan - my line comes from Cohen.

re: dragonpuppypony, wouldn't it be simple enough to do a dragonpuppy in pony style?
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

22. - Top - End - #802
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, granite is interesting! It's not silly and weak, like talc.
    Well, if we're supposed to get to the bottom of it, I'd say both granite and talc are interesting in their own ways, and I could gladly spend an evening discussing them with good company. I just don't get overly excited when I see a granite rock next to the road. I take them for given, basically. Or granite, to put the new expression to use.

Also, don't speak badly of talc. It's the primary component of soapstone, which is quite fascinating thanks to its quite unique sculpting properties.

Show

23. - Top - End - #803

Well, if we're supposed to get to the bottom of it, I'd say both granite and talc are interesting in their own ways, and I could gladly spend an evening discussing them with good company. I just don't get overly excited when I see a granite rock next to the road. I take them for given, basically. Or granite, to put the new expression to use.

Also, don't speak badly of talc. It's the primary component of soapstone, which is quite fascinating thanks to its quite unique sculpting properties.
    Well everything is amazing once you really think about it. Do you ever have those moments in the theater when you hear something or feel something and it snaps you out of the reality of the play or movie and back into the real world? I have moments like that all the time, only in real life - everything seems somewhat distant and magical and just too fantastic to be true. I sort of "snap out of" real life, and realize that there's something bigger and better than the normal everyday experience. Either that or I'm just crazy. Either way, I like it; those are some of the best moments of my life.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

24. - Top - End - #804
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    They're speaking of the only Conan - my line comes from Cohen.
    So it is. They sounded similar enough that my brain didn't recognize the difference until you pointed it out.

Rocks would make for gneiss conversation, I imagine. There are easily enough types of rock to talc about. I apologize for all terrible puns made.

I prefer marble statues, although I understand that it isn't quite as malleable as talc. I suppose that's more of a chiseling than sculpting, though.

Well everything is amazing once you really think about it. Do you ever have those moments in the theater when you hear something or feel something and it snaps you out of the reality of the play or movie and back into the real world? I have moments like that all the time, only in real life - everything seems somewhat distant and magical and just too fantastic to be true. I sort of "snap out of" real life, and realize that there's something bigger and better than the normal everyday experience. Either that or I'm just crazy. Either way, I like it; those are some of the best moments of my life.
    Indeed; reality is always more interesting than it seems.

You are crazy. Just like everyone else.
    A few odds and ends.

25. - Top - End - #805

Well, at least I got you to reflect on it, and this means a lot to me.

Glad it does. Because in a way, as much as I hate the winter, damn if it doesn't look good.

I'm going to pretend this is actually the origin for the term!

26. - Top - End - #806
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    The day I really wanted to play, too. I haven't even gotten to play much at all. Le sigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    You got Starcraft II? Yay! I insiste on a game with you when you have it up and running.
    Starcraft II was down? Wow. I've never actually seen it down... Is there a Sheepie and Nibbles available for practise at 3v3 (AI or players, your choice/s)? Or must I constantly play Colonial Line Wars and Blasterbots? (custom maps)

I definitely need to challenge Ele to a duel. If he manages to beat me the first game, I'll stab something.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

27. - Top - End - #807
    Titan in the Playground

Well, when I snap out of movies, it's usually because they break my willing suspension of disbelief (usually through a blatant disregard for physics), which I wouldn't really say makes the movie "distant and magical".

I can, however, indeed get struck by a feeling that reality is a sort of magical dream from time to time, and I really like those moments as well. I wouldn't say it gives me a sensation of there being something bigger or better, but rather, it makes me feel like I'm not a part of anything, like I'm totally free to do nothing at all but to relax in utter tranquility, and like nothing ever could touch me.

I'm going to pretend this is actually the origin for the term!
    Nah, that makes for a much more boring etymology. Stick to the truth, I think it sounds better.

Show

28. - Top - End - #808

Nah, that makes for a much more boring etymology. Stick to the truth, I think it sounds better.
    Oh? What's the real etymology then?

29. - Top - End - #809

Well, when I snap out of movies, it's usually because they break my willing suspension of disbelief (usually through a blatant disregard for physics), which I wouldn't really say makes the movie "distant and magical".

I can, however, indeed get struck by a feeling that reality is a sort of magical dream from time to time, and I really like those moments as well. I wouldn't say it gives me a sensation of there being something bigger or better, but rather, it makes me feel like I'm not a part of anything, like I'm totally free to do nothing at all but to relax in utter tranquility, and like nothing ever could touch me.

Well, that is how one usually would snap out of movies. But I'm talking about that moment when you're completely immersed in the world of the movie - and then, suddenly, for no real reason, your senses focus on the theater, and you realize that you're outside - an observer. I guess that's more what I mean - that sometimes you get to watch from the outside, and you realize just how great the show is. Am I making sense? I've always had a bit of trouble describing the feeling (the movie thing is the closest feeling I can think of, but it's nowhere near as awesome, nor quite the same sensation).
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

30. - Top - End - #810
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Starcraft II was down? Wow. I've never actually seen it down... Is there a Sheepie and Nibbles available for practise at 3v3 (AI or players, your choice/s)? Or must I constantly play Colonial Line Wars and Blasterbots? (custom maps)

I definitely need to challenge Ele to a duel. If he manages to beat me the first game, I'll stab something.
    Well, I think its because its tuesday. Blizz does routine server matinance on tuesday in what is... My early morning, you guyses early afternoon? Not sure if today went long, havent been home. But I'd love to play a game!
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.