New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1483
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Amidus Drexel's Alliterative and Awe-Accentuating Anvil of Random Banter CLXXXVI

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Scribblenauts Unlimited is so awesooooome. Someone give me a wacky thing to summon. I bet it'll be summoned!
    See how many variations of Cthulhu you can summon!
    Also black holes.
    Can you summon neutron stars?
    Hipster yeti.
    Ninja pirate jedi.
    Some men just want to watch the world shift uncomfortably in its seat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    I happen to like screwing around with Handle Animal.
    Red Mage, is that you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Now you're cranking it up to eleven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Amidus Drexel's Alliterative and Awe-Accentuating Anvil of Random Banter CLXXXVI

I can make all of those things individually but I can't ge thte raccoon to ride the wildebeest.
    A cyborg monkey with a laser spear, then!
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

3. - Top - End - #993
    Colossus in the Playground

See how many variations of Cthulhu you can summon!
    Also black holes.
    Can you summon neutron stars?
    Hipster yeti.
    Ninja pirate jedi.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    A cyborg monkey with a laser spear, then!
    These are all things I can do.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Ogre in the Playground

How about a cyborg gunslinger?

A monkey with a jetpack and a chainsaw?

A floating laser eyeball?

A ninja cat?

5. - Top - End - #995
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    You have the right idea in this statement. In my opinion, the first piece of advice that most beginning players need is "play faster." Just do everything that you do now, only faster. That alone would improve a lot of beginner play hugely, instead of farting around with higher-level refinement.

That's easy for me to say, of course, because I repeat that I am quite ****.
    You're excellent with Phoenix harass though, I must say. >.> Whereas I excel with Dark Templar harass.

Scribblenauts Unlimited is so awesooooome. Someone give me a wacky thing to summon. I bet it'll be summoned!
    Ooh! Draw a hybrid dragon-puppy-pony!

A skunk with the mane of a lion and the wings of an eagle!

Umm... A puppy with massive eyes that seep into your soul and then shoots laserz!

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

6. - Top - End - #996

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeburn View Post
    How about a cyborg gunslinger?

A monkey with a jetpack and a chainsaw?

A floating laser eyeball?

A ninja cat?
    These are all possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    You're excellent with Phoenix harass though, I must say. >.> Whereas I excel with Dark Templar harass.

Ooh! Draw a hybrid dragon-puppy-pony!

A skunk with the mane of a lion and the wings of an eagle!

Umm... A puppy with massive eyes that seep into your soul and then shoots laserz!
    I have to use the object creator to make those, but those are doable!

7. - Top - End - #997
    Ettin in the Playground

Steven Irwin. Sounds kinda obvious, but seriously, try.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2012-12-14 at 10:47 PM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

8. - Top - End - #998
    Titan in the Playground

Wait, there's an object creator now? That gets rid of the whole point of seeing if its doable!
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #999

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon-freak89 View Post
    Steven Irwin. Sounds kinda obvious, but seriously, try.
    I'm not suuure if proper nouns work, though sometimes they do. I do know he's summonable, in some way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Wait, there's an object creator now? That gets rid of the whole point of seeing if its doable!
    Well, the way the object creator works is that it lets you take parts from the system. You can't make something wholly new, but you could like, say, take Cthulhu parts, add clown make up and stuff, and change his programing with the simplified programing tools they provide to make Clownthulhu

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Ettin in the Playground

But the expanded referent in this case is not the significant part. The numbers themselves are. And they repeat. ταυτοι οι αριθμοι, baby!

Do I need to show you my poetic license? Don't make me show you my poetic license.
    There is no doubt that you possess such a license. However, that does not change the fact that repetition need not be tautological and in this case it isn't.
    Some other word that escapes me would be infinitely more suitable.

You have the right idea in this statement. In my opinion, the first piece of advice that most beginning players need is "play faster." Just do everything that you do now, only faster. That alone would improve a lot of beginner play hugely, instead of farting around with higher-level refinement.

That's easy for me to say, of course, because I repeat that I am quite ****.
    Indeed. And unfortunately, I cannot blame my lag issues because they aren't that much of an issue. Alas, I cannot bring myself to rush anything, mostly because I believe it would be wrong to attack without upgrading my units a bit first. Obviously, I shouldn't become so attached to non-existent troops.

Very well, I shall re-obtain my finest silk garments at once. If you don't hear from me in a few days, I was likely killed in this endeavor by the Andalusian cultists I sold my silks to in the first place.
    Alternatively, purchase new garments of fine silk. After all, those Andalusian cultists are a tricky bunch notorious for their inability to properly care for silk.

On dates:
    Y'all forgetting 2/2/22, 3/3/33, 4/4/44, 5/5/55, etc.
    Or the fact that our alternative dating system allows us to use 22/2/22 as well.
    Not to mention other palindromic opportunities.
    12/2/21, 18/9/81, 29/6/92, etc.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Ogre in the Playground

Indeed. And unfortunately, I cannot blame my lag issues because they aren't that much of an issue. Alas, I cannot bring myself to rush anything, mostly because I believe it would be wrong to attack without upgrading my units a bit first. Obviously, I shouldn't become so attached to non-existent troops.
    Your internet connection is better and more stable (both with staying connected and for keeping the same average speeds) than mine, so no complaining about lag, unless it's from the lack of a graphic card or bad cpu/ram.

Rushing is fun. Except when you fail. Essentially for me if I Zerg rush...

Zerglings (8pooled) - IF FAILED - Mass Roach - IF FAILED - Mass Muta - IF FAILED - Brood Lords-Corrupters-Infestors-Roach - IF FAILED - You lose.

Usually the breaking point for me is the mutas though. If I can harass enough and/or they have no decent AA, then they're screwed. Otherwise I'm screwed 'cause they have excellent AA and I just wasted a tonne of gas on pointless units. :/

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Your internet connection is better and more stable (both with staying connected and for keeping the same average speeds) than mine, so no complaining about lag, unless it's from the lack of a graphic card or bad cpu/ram.

Rushing is fun. Except when you fail. Essentially for me if I Zerg rush...

Zerglings (8pooled) - IF FAILED - Mass Roach - IF FAILED - Mass Muta - IF FAILED - Brood Lords-Corrupters-Infestors-Roach - IF FAILED - You lose.

Usually the breaking point for me is the mutas though. If I can harass enough and/or they have no decent AA, then they're screwed. Otherwise I'm screwed 'cause they have excellent AA and I just wasted a tonne of gas on pointless units. :/
    It's my computer not being up to standard. Need's a better processor.
    Well, I haven't played Zerg much, so I wouldn't know anything about that except to suggest Guardians backed up with Mutalisks and that is an air assault fails to bring in Hydralisks.
    At least, in original Starcraft.

Also, do you want to try a game shortly?
    On the South East Asian Server?
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-12-14 at 11:42 PM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Or the fact that our alternative dating system allows us to use 22/2/22 as well.
    Alternative? I'll think you'll find that it is the Americans who are in the minority.

(But even 2/22/22 will work for them. So... )

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Ettin in the Playground

Alternative? I'll think you'll find that it is the Americans who are in the minority.

It's alternative from their perspective.

Also, my Starcraft issues are now fully resolved. If anyone wishes to play a game, let me know and I'll try and arrange something.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-12-15 at 01:24 AM.

Dragons!

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Troll in the Playground

It's alternative from their perspective.

Also, my Starcraft issues are now fully resolved. If anyone wishes to play a game, let me know and I'll try and arrange something.
    Yay! Its a bit late for me to try a game, but tomorrow i should e able to like, totally do a game. I can see the skillz of the bearded ele!
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Yay! Its a bit late for me to try a game, but tomorrow i should e able to like, totally do a game. I can see the skillz of the bearded ele!
    Skills? What skills? I'm terrible.
    Anyway... Until then.

Also, I need to get rid of Mynxae somehow...

Dragons!

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Bugbear in the Playground

Alternatively, purchase new garments of fine silk. After all, those Andalusian cultists are a tricky bunch notorious for their inability to properly care for silk.
    I'm a college student. It would be easier to get those silks back using a kayak and a spoon than to dig up the cash for new silks.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

18. - Top - End - #1008

This is a test. This is only a test. There is nothing to see here. Move along.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Titan in the Playground

This is a test. This is only a test. There is nothing to see here. Move along.
    Well, technically, at the time when I read your post, there was more for me to see there than further along (if you interpret "along" as "downwards", rather than "superforumwards" (wait, the English language actually allows me to compound three words in a row? :smallmelodramaticallyshocked:)).

IRN:
    My nestled parentheses would look soo much better if they didn't insist on tail recursion. "))." isn't quite the prettiest way to end a sentence.
    *ignores the fact that parentheses shouldn't be used if avoidable to start with*
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1010

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Well, technically, at the time when I read your post, there was more for me to see there than further along (if you interpret "along" as "downwards", rather than "superforumwards" (wait, the English language actually allows me to compound three words in a row? :smallmelodramaticallyshocked:)).

IRN:
    My nestled parentheses would look soo much better if they didn't insist on tail recursion. "))." isn't quite the prettiest way to end a sentence.
    *ignores the fact that parentheses shouldn't be used if avoidable to start with*
    Then you'd be interpreting along far too narrowly. Along, as used in the phrase, "There is nothing to see here. Move along." means to continue going about your business elsewhere. In this case, this could be to make a new post in the same thread, or to continue browsing other threads. It could even mean to do something else completely different, if you've finished with browsing the forums for the time being. There's nothing in the phrase to imply that it uses such a narrow meaning.

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Titan in the Playground

Then you'd be interpreting along far too narrowly. Along, as used in the phrase, "There is nothing to see here. Move along." means to continue going about your business elsewhere. In this case, this could be to make a new post in the same thread, or to continue browsing other threads. It could even mean to do something else completely different, if you've finished with browsing the forums for the time being. There's nothing in the phrase to imply that it uses such a narrow meaning.
    What I wrote was mostly just my initial thoughts about your statement that there was nothing there to see. The clarification was just written to explain how my initial thoughts actually went. Hadn't I've been highly aware that "along" could (and should) be interpretted in a wider sense, I wouldn't have written it to start with...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Titan in the Playground

That was the post of someone being amusedly and deliberately pedantic, not the post of someone confused by or unfamiliar with the phraseology used.
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Ogre in the Playground

IRN:
    I've discovered that brackets work nicely (when you want to use nested parantheses [but want to make it easier to distinguish the ending of each statement (I think I started using them in math)]).
    Some men just want to watch the world shift uncomfortably in its seat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    I happen to like screwing around with Handle Animal.
    Red Mage, is that you?
    Now you're cranking it up to eleven.
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Ogre in the Playground

After two months of exhaustive work, overtime and constant travel, I'm...I'm...I'm having such a good couple of days. Amazing christmas party with work followed by a permanent contract and a big raise.

Some things are better left in the darkest places...
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Steam

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saithis Bladewing View Post
    After two months of exhaustive work, overtime and constant travel, I'm...I'm...I'm having such a good couple of days. Amazing christmas party with work followed by a permanent contract and a big raise.
    So, will we be seeing you at the UK meetups next year? (Dates and location still being worked out for the summer meet- winter meet not being planned yet)
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Ettin in the Playground

There is no doubt that you possess such a license. However, that does not change the fact that repetition need not be tautological and in this case it isn't.
    Some other word that escapes me would be infinitely more suitable.
    Repetitious, perhaps? Recurrent? Neither seem like an exact fit.

We do it bass-ackwards for some reason; I don't know why. That and everything else.

IRN:
    Parentheses are my favorite punctuation. I like to use them (if you couldn't tell) to interject fragments (and occasionally complete sentences) into my speech to add (semi-)relevant extra information.

I do try and keep them out of my papers, though.
    A few odds and ends.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Parentheses are my favorite punctuation. I like to use them (if you couldn't tell) to interject fragments (and occasionally complete sentences) into my speech to add (semi-)relevant extra information.

I do try and keep them out of my papers, though.
    I tend to mix them in with commas and hyphens personally- because that way I can manage more complex sentences without having to rely on commas, or indeed parentheses, recurring.
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    I tend to mix them in with commas and hyphens personally- because that way I can manage more complex sentences without having to rely on commas, or indeed parentheses, recurring.
    I spam parantheses, but I try brackets when I'm writing multiple paragraphs in a snide comment about my parenthesied metaphor.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Firbolg in the Playground

Technically not a 3-word compound: wards isn't a free-standing morpheme, and I THINK to be a compound all elements must be free morphemes, while wards is definitely bound. You can say "towards, backwards", but not just "I'm going wards over there"
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Technically not a 3-word compound: wards isn't a free-standing morpheme, and I THINK to be a compound all elements must be free morphemes, while wards is definitely bound. You can say "towards, backwards", but not just "I'm going wards over there"
    BAH HUMBUG. English allows all! supercowafragilistic is a word, we can do whatever we want. I make them up everywhere! My english teacher continuously points out "this is not a word"! I used "creepertown residency" thrice in a essay!
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...