Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Let's make this showy! (3.P, repost, Sentai Base Class/Archetypes)

A Forsaken Senshi in action? Awesome! What skill/discipline do you think you'll save for self-discovery? I didn't realize until thinking about it just now how much planning that could require, unless the DM waives the "skill that you haven't invested in" requirement or makes it less stringent (perhaps by saying "that you have fewer ranks in than you have HD.")

As for FS abilities, I'm having a hard time making sure that they play nice with the existing list. Here are the ideas I'm playing with, though:

• An enhanced version of Suitless Weapons that lets you use your full-powered weapon when not transformed.
    • An ability that lets you recover some maneuvers as a free action when your transformation ends.
    • A version of True Sentai that has a lower level requirement.
    • A substantial bonus to Hide and Move Silently when not transformed.
    • The ability to sacrifice your remaining rounds of transformation for some effect. My first thought was a Power Attack kind of thing, but that seems both boring and unbalanced.
    • A limited chance to retrain Sentai abilities that you've already taken, though the replacements would have to require the same or lower level, of course.

EDIT: I missed your third edit, Zhdarkstar! It seems that great minds think alike on the Suitless Weapon thing. Heroic Strength and Heroic Instincts are both pretty cool because I wasn't sure how to justify giving them a bonus that wouldn't carry over into their morphed forms - keying it to constitution makes a bonus that applies to both forms more reasonable.

The alternative for Self Discovery is great.
    Last edited by Durazno; 2013-01-30 at 12:13 AM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Sorry for the delays in replying.

Quote Originally Posted by zhdarkstar View Post
    I love the new format of the post. I plan on using this class for my group's "anything goes" PF game in a couple months. I was thinking of mixing magician with prismatic.

Are you still using the same PiratePad as before for new ability ideas? I've got one regarding a prismatic magician but I'll post it there if you don't want this thread to be filled with WIP ideas.

EDIT: I added the idea to the PP just in case I forgot it later.
    Eh. I kinda stopped checking the PP regularly, but I'll go take a look.

EDIT 2: I got a lot of questions regarding Sentai Weapon and firearms.
    Shoot.

I get that a pure Sentai could choose a single firearm for your SW since they are exotic weapons and could fire unlimited basic bullets. How would that work with a scatter weapon like a blunderbuss or dragon pistol? Would you be able to switch ammo types or are you stuck to one choice upon acquisition? If you can switch ammo types, what is the action speed for it?
    Hm. I'd say that you can swap between basic ammo types as a swift action, if using a weapon that has multiple damage types available. More exotic ammunition needs to be purchased, though.

So a Dragon Pistol can swap between shot and bullets with a swift. But if you want a Flare, Entangling, or Dragon's Breath shot, you need to buy it. I'll toss up a Sidebar.

When you take the Iron Senshi feat and swap your SW for a Gunslinger-earned gun, do you lose access to it when not in henshin? Or does it become a weapon that you can use out of suit but can't be summoned again after destruction?
    You retain access to your gun when not in Henshin- effectively, the transformation enhances it as your suit becomes equipped.

This would give me an Effective Sentai Level of 19 before adding the 1-dip of Gunslinger via Iron Senshi. Now Iron Senshi doesn't specify whether you round up or round down for the boost to Effective Gunslinger Level for Deeds. With this build rounding down makes me EGL 10 and rounding up makes me EGL 11, hitting the next tier of Deeds.

When in doubt,
    round down.

Also, tossing up something regarding PrCs and Spellshaping.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

I'm glad you enjoyed my suggestions. Silent Weapon was just screaming for Suitless Weapon+ when I read it. Constitution seemed like the ideal stat for bonuses through fluff logic. A Sentai without his/her powers is gonna have to rely on his/her own testicular/ovariolgical fortitude to get by until they come back.

The build I'm planning on using the Magician Archetype as the base. First two spell circles are going to be Brilliant Dawn and Searing Flame, which should give away my color. Unseen Impetus is going to be the third circle I pick up. I'm gonna take Formulae Study at least once so I can have my fomulae split be Brilliant Dawn 6/Searing Flame 3/Unseen Impetus 3.

These choices all are for backstory purposes and mechanically mesh well. Our group has been playing all of our campaigns (3.5, CoC, SWD20, Mega Man X, and soon Pathfinder) in a multiverse with Mindflayers as the central plot element along the way. Since it's going to be our 6th campaign by the time we get to AGPF, I'm gonna try to convince the DM to start this game at level 6 so we can start with a bunch of bells and whistles already and a better backstory.

Spoiler
    Show
    He was the leader of a team of 4 Sentai in world where the Mindflayers attacked. The rest of his team was killed as the Mindflayers were closing in on victory. Knowing that defeat was inevitable, he used the last of his Sentai powers to transport to another dimension in hopes of being able to get there before the Mindflayers do. Upon arriving in the new world where firearms have become commonplace, he picks up the way of the gunslinger. He also finds a gladius similar to the one he used before in an antique store, thus why his gunfighting style is that of the Pistol Spade. When the Mindflayers arrive in this dimension, the gladius he purchased begins to glow and begins the path of the Forsaken Senshi.

Here's the idea that I put on the PiratePad so I can get your opinion on it as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    Prismatic Magician

If a Magician takes the Spell Circle that matches the element of their Strike of Justice and becomes a Prism Ranger, then any new form that changes the element of SoJ can also exchange their elemental SC to the corresponding SC of the new element in lieu of exchanging X amount of suit abilities. Spellshape Attacks and all formulae of the former SC would be exchanged forthose of the latter SC at equal levels.

This is the idea I had because it wouldn't make sense for a Fire Magician to still use Fire formulae if his new form is Cold-based. If a 4th level Fire Magician who knows 2 Fire formulae enters Prism Ranger and chooses Cold for the new SoJ element of his first Form Gain could exchange the Fire SC for Cold SC and use the Cold Spellshape Attack plus two Cold formulae instead of those from the Fire SC while he remains in the new form.

If you guys think that this is a fair idea, these are the spell circles that I had linked to each SoJ:

Spoiler
    Show
    Fire: Brilliant Dawn/Searing Flame
    Cold: Glimmering Moon/Perfect Freeze
    Acid: Crushing Stone/Deteriorating Corrosion
    Shock: Blustering Gale/Shocking Current
    Sonic: Screeching Roc
    Force: Unseen Impetus

If the Prismatic Magician suggestion is too unbalanced, the other build I was thinking would move Sentai 5-6 to CL 9-10 and then replace Prism Ranger with Super Senshi. Then I would start with Brilliant Dawn/Glimmering Moon and pick up Astral Essence for the third circle.
    Last edited by zhdarkstar; 2013-01-30 at 03:06 AM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Now that?

That sounds like an Archetype for a PrC, to me. I'll bat some ideas around over there with you.
    Extended Signature.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Durazno View Post
    As for FS abilities, I'm having a hard time making sure that they play nice with the existing list. Here are the ideas I'm playing with, though:

• An enhanced version of Suitless Weapons that lets you use your full-powered weapon when not transformed.
    I think I nailed that with Suitless Weapon+

• An ability that lets you recover some maneuvers as a free action when your transformation ends.
    It's not usable in the span from FS2 to FS3 as you can't transform. I know it's your creation, but I think Forsaken abilities should have some utility before and after regaining powers.

• A version of True Sentai that has a lower level requirement.
    Silent Suit? Functions similarly to Suitless Weapon+ for activation and Silent Weapon for lack of bonuses but becomes a combination of True Sentai and Hastened Henshin upon regaining powers. You can transform as an immediate action without focus for normal penalty or use focus for no penalty. Counts as Hastened Henshin for any abilities/feats/classes that require it.

• A substantial bonus to Hide and Move Silently when not transformed.
    Add Con mod to maintain consistency in theme?

• The ability to sacrifice your remaining rounds of transformation for some effect. My first thought was a Power Attack kind of thing, but that seems both boring and unbalanced.
    Again this lacks immediate usability as you get your Forsaken Ability at FS2. Also seems rather boring.

• A limited chance to retrain Sentai abilities that you've already taken, though the replacements would have to require the same or lower level, of course.
    Perhaps an addendum to The Floodgates Open? Seems like the perfect opportunity for it. Limit to Con mod - 1 abilities.
    Last edited by zhdarkstar; 2013-01-30 at 05:48 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Good points all.

It was my thought that some Forsaken Senshi abilities would be intended for your Sentai career afterwards. The rounds-off-transformation and refresh-on-demorphing abilities would be for Sentai who want to demonstrate their ability and willingness to do without even after regaining their powers.

I'm thinking that rather than a Power Attack effect, the rounds-off-transformation ability might work as an alternative Overdrive.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Good points all.

It was my thought that some Forsaken Senshi abilities would be intended for your Sentai career afterwards. The rounds-off-transformation and refresh-on-demorphing abilities would be for Sentai who want to demonstrate their ability and willingness to do without even after regaining their powers.

I'm thinking that rather than a Power Attack effect, the rounds-off-transformation ability might work as an alternative Overdrive.
    Here's the Overdrive variant

Spoiler
    Show
    Maximum Overdrive
    Start off as a minimal Overdrive (1 ability for 1 Cha/rd & 1 Con/rd) for F2->F3
    Change into modified Overdrive (3 abilities for 1 Cha/rd & 1 Con/rd & each round takes off two rounds of Henshin instead of one)

And here's the refresher ability I came up with:

Spoiler
    Show
    Just A Little More
    Start off as refresh as free action for 1 Con drain (this stays after regaining powers)
    In Henshin bonus: When a maneuver/formula is used, Sentai has X% chance of not expending the maneuver/formula. X = (% of prepared slots expended) - (# of successful free maneuvers this encounter X 10), minimum X = 1 (succeeds only on d% roll of 100 when X = 1)

This ability doesn't give you the refresh on demorph you were looking for but it grants a free action refresh at the cost of Con that's usable regardless of transformation state. Then you get a chance of not expending prepared slots with a diminishing return for each time it's successful.

I'm starting to realize I'm really good at finding workable variants rather than coming up with abilities from scratch...

EDIT: Added names to abilities
    Last edited by zhdarkstar; 2013-02-01 at 01:43 AM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

I saw this and immediately your class brought me back to being a kid again. I love this work, truly. It mixes in all of the coolest and neatest parts of shows like the Power Rangers and does it well. I'm sure this has been asked, but I gotta say, "We need Megazord power now"?

This class is solid on its own, but that little part of me that gets a kick out of giant robots still (and as I have a young son of my own, when we watch the new MMPR shows), I didn't see much in the way of calling in giant fighting robots.

-X
    Chris Bennett
    Author of Path of War
    Freelancer

My credits:
    Path of War and Path of War Expanded: An OGL Tome of Battle for the Pathfinder game system, for Dreamscarred Press.
    Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warrior and Psionics Augmented: Soulknife for Dreamscarred Press.
    My extended homebrew signature!

Follow me on Facebook!

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ErrantX View Post
    I saw this and immediately your class brought me back to being a kid again. I love this work, truly. It mixes in all of the coolest and neatest parts of shows like the Power Rangers and does it well. I'm sure this has been asked, but I gotta say, "We need Megazord power now"?

This class is solid on its own, but that little part of me that gets a kick out of giant robots still (and as I have a young son of my own, when we watch the new MMPR shows), I didn't see much in the way of calling in giant fighting robots.

-X

Well, thanks for the compliment.

That's been asked quite a bit in the old thread, honestly.

Mostly, I haven't gone for giant robots yet because I lack a good system for handling them.

I'm considering just going over to Minmax and stealing borrowing Osc's SRW system,though
    Extended Signature.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

The SRW system looks like a good base. The only thing that could get in the way is coming up with a balanced combination mechanic for making Megazords. I know that you hated the idea before, but from a historical perspective it's the core function of zords.

The only rangers that piloted Megazords solo were either external to the core team (non-red Tommy, zeo gold, quantum, etc.) or battlized reds. (The Samurai Rangers swapped control of their battlizer but the principle's the same.) Otherwise, the individual zords would be at least one size smaller than the average giant kaijin.

Just a little food for thought.

EDIT: I also went back and named the two Forsaken Senshi abilities in my previous post.
    Last edited by zhdarkstar; 2013-02-01 at 01:43 AM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Looking at it, I'm finding the Finisher sentai ability kind of underwhelming. A lot of the time you're going to get better damage out of just attacking or using a Strike than the 2d6 to 8d6 it offers. It might be better as a kicker to an attack rather than a seperate attack of its own!

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rokku View Post
    Looking at it, I'm finding the Finisher sentai ability kind of underwhelming. A lot of the time you're going to get better damage out of just attacking or using a Strike than the 2d6 to 8d6 it offers. It might be better as a kicker to an attack rather than a seperate attack of its own!
    The power behind Finisher is the Team Bonus. The max team bonus of 5 allies delivers 7d6-28d6 with a Finisher. 7-42 damage isn't worth it to blow the load in the beginning. However, 28-168 at level 7 is nothing to shake a stick at. Don't forget that the bigger the boss, the higher the minimum HP to get the maximum bonus dice.

Now the only possible gray area I can think of is regarding multiple people with the Finisher ability and the Team Bonus. If Red and Blue both have Finisher, could Red assist Blue in his Finisher and then have Blue assist Red in his in the same encounter? If assisting in a Finisher takes up your own usage of Finisher for the encounter, then it does look kind of lackluster in the long run.

That same team of 6 Sentai would instead do 2d6-8d6 each if they all did their Finishers individually. When you're dealing with touch attacks, hitting 6 is about as easy as hitting 1. That becomes a max one round output of 48d6, or 48-288 damage, against a enemy with less than half HP. Not only does that ramp up the min by 20, but it also raises the max by 120.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Okay, so here's a crack at the Forsaken Senshi's abilities, using all four of Zhdarkstar's ideas. (Should I capitalize?) I'm sticking with having some FS abilities that are intended for the Sentai to take after she regains her powers, as having gone through this experience ought to be reflected in the rest of her career. Anyway, all of the names are subject to change, especially the + and S ones.

I originally had a suitless variant of Overdrive, but looking over the [Self] abilities, I realized that most of them aren't qualities that you can turn off and on, so it was really kind of silly.

True Sentai S will definitely need a new name, and I think that if it survives in this form or one like it, then I will remove the clause that says that FS levels count as Sentai levels for the purposes of the Quickened Henshin feature.

EDIT: In retrospect, I'm thinking that I should space these out more, levelwise.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cunning Senshi [Self, Forsaken]
    Requirements: Hide 4 ranks, Move Silently 4 ranks
    Benefit: Bereft of her dazzling armor, the Forsaken Senshi has learned the benefit of keeping a low profile. When she is not transformed, she gains a bonus to Hide and Move Silently checks equal to her Constitution modifier. At Sentai level 5 and every 5 levels after that, this bonus increases by 1.

(Charisma might make more sense?)

Justice from the Shadows [Self, Forsaken]
    Requirements: Sentai level 8, Cunning Senshi, Sneak Attack or Sudden Strike +2d6
    Benefit: If you hit with a sneak attack or sudden strike, you may choose to forgo +2d6 of the extra damage to apply the effects of your Strike of Justice. You can still apply this effect if you are not transformed. Using this ability automatically reveals you even if you have an ability that would normally allow you to remain hidden after using a sneak attack or sudden strike.

Heroic Instinct [Self, Forsaken]
    Requirements: Sentai level 4
    Benefit:The Forsaken Senshi does not let the fact that she can no longer access her Sentai powers keep her from the front lines. She may add her Con modifier as a dodge bonus to her AC.

Heroic Resurgence [Self, Forsaken]
    Requirements: The Floodgates Open
    Benefit: Having learned to do without her powers, the Forsaken Senshi doesn't even slow down when they falter. When her transformation ends, she may refresh all of her maneuvers as a free action.

Heroic Strength [Self, Forsaken]
    Requirements: Sentai level 4
    Benefit: The Forsaken Senshi puts all of her might into her attacks, regardless of her ability to enter Henshin. She can add her Con modifier as an untyped bonus to damage rolls from attacks made with her Silent Weapon. This carries over to her Sentai Weapon when she regains access to her Sentai powers.

Hero's Wager [Suit, Forsaken]
    Requirements: Sentai level 10
    Benefit: Being used to lacking her powers, the Forsaken Senshi is willing to expend them more freely. This ability functions as Overdrive, except instead of inflicting constitution or charisma burn, it makes every round you spend transformed count as three for the purposes of determining how many rounds remain before your transformation ends. Hero's Wager and Overdrive may be activated separately from one another, and they may be deactivated separately or together with the same swift action.
    Special: This ability counts as an instance of Overdrive for the purposes of determining how many times the Forsaken Senshi may take it.

(Two notes - one, I am aware that it is hugely problematic in combination with True Sentai, and so might need to be changed to an ability that immediately ends your henshin for some benefit, and two, something like this may be more fitting to a Billy Cranston-style Power Scientist Prc. You know, because they've learned enough about their powers to make the suit bear the brunt of their Overdrive?)

Suitless Weapon+ [Self, Forsaken]
    Requirements: Sentai level 11, Enhanced Weapon
    Benefit: The Forsaken Senshi is capable of restoring her Silent Weapon to its former glory for brief periods of time at the expense of her body. A number of times per day equal to her Sentai level, the Forsaken Senshi's Silent Weapon functions like her Sentai Weapon did before losing access to her Sentai powers for a number of rounds equal to her Con modifier. Using this ability causes 1 point of ability drain to her Con. This drain cannot be prevented in any way.
    Special: Once the Forsaken Senshi regains access to her Sentai powers, this functions identically to Suitless Weapon but there is no reduction in enhancement bonus when she is not in Henshin.

True Sentai S [Self, Forsaken]
    Requirements: Sentai level 10, The Floodgates Open
    Benefit: You may transform as a swift action without your focus.

(For the moment I'm not adding the "rounds to minutes" clause because of hero's wager. Yeah, one needs to go.)

Note to self:
    When I go back to add these, I will also add the Zhdarkstar's addition to Self Discovery, with the spell circle instead of the discipline. I'm sort of tempted to make it so that they "may" take a circle instead of the discipline.

One concern is that the normal Sentai is getting this bonus to a skill she didn't have any ranks in and will mostly be using for her new discipline. Her magician friend, on the other hand, gets the bonus to a skill he was already investing in and will use for all of his spell circles, not just the new one. And yet limiting the bonus to concentration checks in that one circle would probably be too stifling...
    Last edited by Durazno; 2013-02-10 at 03:59 AM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Okay, so here's a crack at the Forsaken Senshi's abilities, using all four of Zhdarkstar's ideas. (Should I capitalize?)
    I usually go by Z. H. Darkstar but I was rushing when I registered here so I just went with the quick and dirty route.

Note to self:
    When I go back to add these, I will also add the Zhdarkstar's addition to Self Discovery, with the spell circle instead of the discipline. I'm sort of tempted to make it so that they "may" take a circle instead of the discipline.

One concern is that the normal Sentai is getting this bonus to a skill she didn't have any ranks in and will mostly be using for her new discipline. Her magician friend, on the other hand, gets the bonus to a skill he was already investing in and will use for all of his spell circles, not just the new one. And yet limiting the bonus to concentration checks in that one circle would probably be too stifling...
    The thing is that the Magician replaces the maneuvers and stances with spellshaping abilities. So your hand is kind of forced in this situation. Adding the option to have both seems OP and hard to derive the progression of known/ready/stances. The only relevant skills for bonus are Concentration, Spellcraft, Use Magic Device.

Justice from the Shadows [Self, Forsaken]
    Requirements: Sentai level 8, Cunning Senshi, Sneak Attack or Sudden Strike +2d6
    Benefit: If you hit with a sneak attack or sudden strike, you may choose to forgo +2d6 of the extra damage to apply the effects of your Strike of Justice. You can still apply this effect if you are not transformed. Using this ability automatically reveals you even if you have an ability that would normally allow you to remain hidden after using a sneak attack or sudden strike.
    I don't see Cunning Senshi in any of the feat or ability lists. If it's supposed to be like a Rogue/Sentai multiclass feat, then making it a requirement is counter-intuitive to already getting a multiclass feat at FS3. I'm having trouble with PiratePad at the moment so I don't know if you pulled it from the pad.

True Sentai S [Self, Forsaken]
    Requirements: Sentai level 10, The Floodgates Open
    Benefit: You may transform as a swift action without your focus.
    It's impossible to meet the requirements as you get the FS ability at FS2 and The Floodgates Open at FS3. Just an observation I made
    Last edited by zhdarkstar; 2013-02-10 at 11:23 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Z.H. Darkstar. Acknowledged!

You're right about the Self-Discovery dilemma. I'll look more deeply into spell circles more to see if I can think of an alternative, but for now I'll make it a bonus to Concentrate. Another alternative is to just give them the bonus to a skill they've never invested in and then, separately, a new spell circle, with encouragement to make it thematically consistent... but Concentrate is probably the best bet.

"Cunning Senshi" is the Forsaken ability just above "Justice from the Shadows" in that list. The one is the prerequisite for the other.

I'm not sure how this version of True Sentai is impossible to reach. Remember that FS stacks with Sentai levels to determine what abilities you can take, so if you happened to be level 9 when you lost your powers, you could take it as your FS2 ability. Alternatively, you could just take it later; the requirement for Forsaken abilities is having FS levels, so if you were really determined and had enough of your career left, you could rack up all of these. Or am I misunderstanding how the Sentai PrCs work?

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

When I saw the addition of Forsaken Abilities, I likened them mechanically to the Super Senshi PrC's Super Abilities. For the entire 10 levels of Super Senshi, you get 3 Super Abilities for the rest of your career, regardless of further Sentai progression in an epic level game.

So when your 3-dip PrC only had one Forsaken Ability listed in the progression chart, I assumed that just like with Spider-Man, everybody gets one. The placement of it at second level actually made an easy theme to design with: something that's kinda good when you're powerless, but becomes even better than the norm once you have your powers back. That's why the abilities I came up with had no level requirements and were self-contained.

I was confused as to why you would have Forsaken Abilities that you would not be able to qualify for according to the chart you came up with. The minimal loss in terms of Sentai class features (Sentai 16/Non-Sentai 1/FS 3) is True Allies of Justice, Quickened Henshin (Move), +2d6 Strike of Justice, 2 Sentai Abilities, and Heroic Legacy (Precision). Mettle is a great trade-off, as are the extra discipline/circle and multiclass feat. Having access to more than one Forsaken Ability in a lifetime kinda makes the class feel less dramatic.

This is the fluff story that I gathered from what the class mechanically does:

Sentai X - Business as usual until loss of powers.
    Non-Sentai 1 - Having to start life all over without Sentai powers
    FS 1 - A chance to reclaim what was lost presents itself (Silent Weapon)
    FS 2 - The struggle reveals a fraction of the power that was always within you. (Whisper of Power)
    FS 3 - Redemption is earned (The Floodgates Open) and a new understanding of what defines a Sentai is achieved (bonus feat)

Sidenote: How would Silent Weapon work fluff-wise with a Sentai who only focused on unarmed strikes?

EDIT: After re-reading Hero's Wager, it's way too broken. Part of what limits Overdrive from being gamebreaking is the self-inflicted ability damage. Shifting that cost over to purely Henshin rounds is lopsided and can be easily overcome via True Sentai without better wording. Allowing it to be active with Overdrive simultaneously breaks it even further. The only reason I put the extra suit ability for the extra round burnt in Maximum Overdrive was because the ability costs were also factored into the overall balance of the ability.

The best way for me to explain it is with a money analogy.

Overdrive: Buy 2 abilities for $2
    Improved Overdrive: Doesn't change the amount purchased but grants better financing options
    Maximum Overdrive: Starts at buy 1 ability for $2. Becomes buy 3 abilities for $2.25 Get the same finance options as improved.
    Hero's Wager: Buy 2 abilities for $0.50 or Buy 4 for $2.50

Saying that the round of Henshin is worth 25% of an ability point is very generous. The reality is that by later levels, each round of duration loses value in comparison to ability points. By level 15, that round would be lucky to be likened to a dime.

Don't forget to take into consideration that while a Sentai can only Henshin once per encounter, he can Henshin in every encounter during a single day. See how that opens the door to abuse?
    Last edited by zhdarkstar; 2013-02-11 at 03:17 AM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

That is more or less the fluff journey I was going for. It was my thought that some Forsaken Senshi would never forget those powerless levels, and that, months or years after regaining their powers, they might choose advance in ways that reflect their new understanding. You know, it might be possible to split this - have a short list of dramatic options for Whisper of Power, then separate a list of "congratulations on not being Forsaken anymore" Sentai abilities aimed at being more useful when demorphed.

The multiclass feat was also intended to encourage the player to invest more in whatever their other class is and limit the number of Forsaken abilities that could pile up.

I imagine an unarmed strike Sentai would feel their returning powers in a more visceral way, wouldn't they? It would hum through their body in diminished form at first, coming out when they land good punches, and then
    burst within them when the floodgates open. I suppose they would have to carry a Silent Focus around, since they don't have a weapon to serve as a symbol of what they hope to regain.

As for Hero's Wager, I was well aware of the potential for abuse and fretted quite a bit about it (especially as True Sentai basically turns it into free abilities, as I noted in the parenthesis.) Honestly, I shouldn't have even posted it in that form. The alternative I suggested at the time was that it could become an ability that immediately ends your transformation however many rounds you have left. Of course, that would become problematic with Resurgence.

Something like Hero's Wager might work in E6, but that's a battle for another day.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

That is more or less the fluff journey I was going for. It was my thought that some Forsaken Senshi would never forget those powerless levels, and that, months or years after regaining their powers, they might choose advance in ways that reflect their new understanding. You know, it might be possible to split this - have a short list of dramatic options for Whisper of Power, then separate a list of "congratulations on not being Forsaken anymore" Sentai abilities aimed at being more useful when demorphed.

The multiclass feat was also intended to encourage the player to invest more in whatever their other class is and limit the number of Forsaken abilities that could pile up.
    To be quite honest, it feels like you're overthinking the design of this PrC too much. The concept of Forsaken Abilities according to your original chart is perfect the way it is: one unique ability to reflect your time spent off the beaten path. Now you're trying to overcomplicate it by having FA options spill back into the base Sentai class. I've never seen any PrC do that before with a qualifying base class. The large amount of Sentai Ability options is large and complex enough as it is.

I know it's your idea, but it feels like you're ignoring basic KISS Principle. No need to further complicate matters in search of greater power.

I imagine an unarmed strike Sentai would feel their returning powers in a more visceral way, wouldn't they? It would hum through their body in diminished form at first, coming out when they land good punches, and then
    burst within them when the floodgates open. I suppose they would have to carry a Silent Focus around, since they don't have a weapon to serve as a symbol of what they hope to regain.
    The idea of a Silent Focus actually works well for all Forsaken Senshi regardless of Sentai Weapon. It reminds me of the episode of Power Rangers In Space where Adam takes out the broken morpher*. It also provides a clear-cut way for forsaking FS: destroy the Silent Focus with the Silent Weapon. If you're an unarmed fighter, then you break it with your bare hands.

*Rant about that here:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I still never understood why they had Adam use the Mighty Morphin Black suit in the cameos. The Zeo Rangers never lost use of their Zeo abilities. They simply weren't useful against Divatox, hence the switch to Turbo. Tommy used the Zeo powers again in Forever Red. Why couldn't Adam do the same in both times they brought him back for cameos?

As for Hero's Wager, I was well aware of the potential for abuse and fretted quite a bit about it (especially as True Sentai basically turns it into free abilities, as I noted in the parenthesis.) Honestly, I shouldn't have even posted it in that form. The alternative I suggested at the time was that it could become an ability that immediately ends your transformation however many rounds you have left. Of course, that would become problematic with Resurgence.

Something like Hero's Wager might work in E6, but that's a battle for another day.
    That's why I suggested sticking to the current overdrive formula of ability point costs as a built-in abuse countermeasure. If you're worried about balance for expending rounds when your duration is measured in minutes or hours, here's a line from a PrC suit ability I'm working on that is a good anti-abuse clause.

"If the duration of Henshin lasts a number of minutes or hours based on his effective Sentai level, then the duration is reduced by that increment instead."
    Last edited by zhdarkstar; 2013-02-11 at 02:47 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Still working, but I'd like to say that I am not trying to go for more power with most of the FS abilities. (So, in adding requirements, Suitless Weapon+ might end up requiring vanilla Suitless Weapon as a prerequisite.) I know Hero's Wager made it look like I was shooting for power, but that one was just ill-considered. Ideally, whatever abilities you can qualify for (and I don't see the list getting longer than what I posted above) would not be more powerful than Sentai options, but follow a theme of not needing to be transformed or even benefiting from doing without.

The FS2 ability was never limited to Forsaken abilities - it was always any Sentai ability with the [Self] descriptor. That's why I've been designing these as Sentai abilities.

EDIT: And looking back over the Sentai abilities, I can see how your different idea of how the Forsaken abilities worked informed some of them - I realize now that gaining an all-day-long, all-day-strong bonus to attack and damage rolls is pretty powerful for one of these abilities, especially since it would swallow the 1 point hit to BAB from taking the PrC.

It should be totally possible to take a single FS ability and say, "That's what came of this chapter in my career," and leave it at that. I want that option to be every bit as powerful and mechanically viable as taking more Forsaken abilities, but I don't want it to be the only way to do this. It should also be possible to take multiple abilities that are informed by this time, or none; characters should be able to say "Hell yeah, I'm a Power Ranger again!" and not worry about thematic stuff.

EDIT EDIT: Also, your point is well taken about simplicity. I don't think that giving Whisper of Power three options and then introducing a small cluster of abilities that have Floodgates Open as a prereq would make things too messy, but it seems like an unnecessary amount of work. Also, if a FS wants to take a normal Self ability for RP reasons, I see no reason to stop them. (The notion I had that actually inspired the Whisper of Power feature was a former Psycho Ranger taking Righteous Resolve after making White Raven her new discipline.)
    Last edited by Durazno; 2013-02-11 at 09:46 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

I get where you're coming from in trying to add a batch of general Sentai abilities to supplement the Forsaken Senshi class. It's just a lot of extra work to make sure they don't upset the balance. Even the Mysterious Guardian archetype only has a handful of exclusive abilities.

That said, I just got the green light to post the recent work from the PiratePad, including the spellcaster progression PrC that turns a sentai caster into a variant magus clone. Time for a bunch of stuff hidden in spoiler tags! :P

Magical Senshi
    Spoiler
    Show

There are a select few who are capable of combining raw spellcasting power with the abilities of a Sentai. These Magical Senshi are capable of weaving their magical abilities with acts of martial prowess. While they do not wield the same breadth of power as their fellow casters who do not stray from their studies, they can channel their spells through their weapons to achieve a greater impact upon their foes.

A Magical Senshi has the following requirements.

Skills: Spellcraft 10 ranks, Use Magic Device 10 ranks, Knowledge(arcana, nature, or religion) 10 ranks
    Feats: one of the Spellcaster Senshi feats
    Special: Magical Adaptation, Henshin class feature, able to cast 2nd-level spells or infusions OR able to create 2nd-level extracts

Level Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Special Maneuvers Known Maneuvers Readied Stances Known Spellcasting
    1st +0 +0 +0 +2 Spell Combat, Sentai Progression 1 0 0 -
    2nd +1 +0 +0 +3 Spellstrike (Single Target), Magical Ability 0 0 0 +1 spellcasting level
    3rd +2 +1 +1 +3 Sentai Ability 1 1 0 +1 spellcasting level
    4th +3 +1 +1 +4 - 0 0 0 -
    5th +3 +1 +1 +4 Magical Ability 1 0 1 +1 spellcasting level
    6th +4 +2 +2 +5 Spellstrike (Multiple Targets), Sentai Ability 0 1 0 +1 spellcasting level
    7th +5 +2 +2 +5 - 1 0 0 -
    8th +6 +2 +2 +6 Magical Ability 0 0 0 +1 spellcasting level
    9th +6 +3 +3 +6 Sentai Ability 1 1 0 +1 spellcasting level
    10th +7 +3 +3 +7 Martial Spellweave 0 0 0 +1 spellcasting level

Class Skills: Balance, Climb, Concentration, Diplomacy, Disguise, Escape Artist, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (arcana, nature, or religion) (whichever was used to qualify for the class), Listen, Martial Lore, Perform (Any), Profession, Search, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Spot, Swim, Tumble, and Use Magical Device.

Skill Points at each additional level: 4 + Int Modifier

Hit Dice: d8

Class Features:

Spellcasting: At each level except 1st, 4th, and 7th, you gain new spells per day and an increase in caster level (and spells known, if applicable) as if you had also gained a level in a spellcasting class to which you belonged before adding the prestige class level. You do not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained. If you had more than one spellcasting class before becoming a Magical Senshi, you must decide to which class to add each level for the purpose of determining spells per day, caster level, and spells known.

Sentai Progression: You may count 3/4ths of your levels in Magical Senshi (rounded down) as Sentai levels for determining your effective Sentai level.

Maneuvers: At 1st level, and every two levels thereafter, you gain a new maneuver known from any discipline that you had access to from Sentai levels. You must meet all prerequisites as normal. At 3rd level, and every three levels thereafter, you gain an additional maneuver readied per day.

Stances: At 5th level, you learn a new stance from any discipline that you had access to from Sentai levels. You must meet all prerequisites as normal.

Magical Ability: At 2nd level, and every 3 levels thereafter, you gain a Magical Ability. You must meet all requirements for the ability, if any, to take it.

Sentai Ability: At 3rd level, and every 3 levels thereafter, you gain a Sentai ability you meet the requirements for.

Spell Combat (Ex): At 1st level, a Magical Senshi learns to cast spells and wield her weapons at the same time. This functions much like two-weapon fighting, but the off-hand weapon is a spell that is being cast. To use this ability, the Magical Senshi must have one hand free (even if the spell being cast does not have somatic components), while wielding a light or one-handed weapon in the other hand. As a full-round action, she can make all of her attacks with her weapon at a –2 penalty and can also cast any spell from the Magical Senshi spell list with a casting time of 1 standard action (any attack roll made as part of this spell also takes this penalty). If she casts this spell defensively, she can decide to take an additional penalty on her attack rolls, up to her casting ability modifier, and add the same amount as a circumstance bonus on her concentration check. If the check fails, the spell is wasted, but the attacks still take the penalty. A Magical Senshi can choose to cast the spell first or make the weapon attacks first, but if she has more than one attack, she cannot cast the spell between weapon attacks. Though this ability is Supernatural, it is retained if the Magical Senshi loses her powers in some manner, as it is her own skill with spellcasting, not her suit, providing this.
    Special: A Magical Senshi may treat one hand as free for the purposes of casting a spell while using a weapon wielded in two hands. By doing so, the Magical Senshi takes a cumulative -1 penalty to concentration checks by level of the spell cast. This allows her to cast a spell and full-attack with the benefits of a two-handed weapon in the same round.
    Special: The weapon attacks can be used with Spellshape Strike, however the attacks cannot be used to shape formulae in the same turn as you use Spell Combat.

Spellstrike (Su): At 2nd level, whenever a Magical Senshi casts a spell with a range of “touch” from the spell list of the qualifying spellcasting class, she can deliver the spell through any weapon she is wielding as part of a melee attack. Alternately, a Magical Senshi can use spellstrike to cast a single-target touch attack ranged spell and deliver it through a ranged attack. Instead of the free touch attack normally allowed to deliver the spell, a Magical Senshi can make one free attack with her weapon (at her highest base attack bonus) as part of casting this spell. If successful, this melee attack deals its normal damage as well as the effects of the spell. Even if the spell can normally affect multiple targets, only a single missile, ray, or effect accompanies the attack. At 6th level, a Magical Senshi using a multiple-target spell with this ability may deliver one missile, ray, effect, or line of effect with each attack when using a full-attack action, up to the maximum allowed by the spell. Any effects not used in the round the spell is cast are lost. Though this ability is Supernatural, it is retained if the Magical Senshi loses her powers in some manner, as it is her own skill with spellcasting, not her suit, providing this.
    Special: If the Magical Senshi makes this attack in concert with spell combat, this attack takes all the penalties accrued by spell combat melee attacks. This attack uses the weapon’s critical range (20, 19–20, or 18–20 and modified by the keen weapon property or similar effects), but the spell effect only deals ×2 damage on a successful critical hit, while the weapon damage uses its own critical modifier.
    Special: Spellstrike may be used with Bolt of Justice attacks, but not Spellshape Strike attacks.
    Special: This may be used with the Spellstrike Gloves to apply its effects to a ranged spell from a non-magus Magical Senshi's chosen spell list and it uses the Magical Senshi's Spellstrike feature to determine the amount creatures that can be targeted.

Martial Spellweave (Su): Beginning at 10th level, you can apply any spell that affects a target or requires a melee or ranged touch attack to a marital maneuver made with your sentai weapon. The spell’s level must be at least as high as the level of the maneuver. If the maneuver requires a saving throw, use the normal save DC for that maneuver.

Using this ability increases the spell’s casting time to 1 full-round action. A spell that has a normal casting time of 1 full-round or longer takes an extra full-round action to cast.

If the maneuver has more than one target or allows more than one attack, you choose one target to be affected by the spell; all other targets take only the normal effect of the maneuver, unless the spell itself allows for multiple targets or attacks.

You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier (minimum 1). Though this ability is Supernatural, it is retained if the Magical Senshi loses her powers in some manner, as it is her own skill with spellcasting and martial maneuvers, not her suit, providing this.

Magical Senshi Abilities
    Spoiler
    Show

Magical Finisher [Magical Suit]
    Benefit: Once per encounter as a full-round action, a Magical Senshi may imbue an attack spell being cast with extra energy from her Sentai powers. The spell can have a casting time no longer than a standard action. The spell adds an additional number of damage dice equal to one-quarter of the Magical Senshi's caster level, rounded down. The bonus dice are d8 if the enemy has full HP, d10 if the enemy has less than full HP, and d12 if the enemy has less than half HP.

Spellblade of Justice [Magical Suit]
    Prerequisites: Force Athame, Strike of Justice
    Benefit: A Magical Senshi may apply her Strike of Justice damage to attacks made with her force athame.
    Special: If a Magical Senshi may use her Strike of Justice outside of her suit, she may use this ability outside of her suit as well.

Spellsource of Justice [Magical Self]
    Prerequisites: Bloodline Senshi or Cursed Senshi or Evangelical Senshi or Scholarly Senshi or Senshi of the Coven or Bellum Arcanum Senshi
    Benefit: A Magical Senshi may use the feat which she qualified for this ability with when determining the powers and bonus spells gained from her bloodline, mystery, domain, arcane school, patron, or advanced learning class feature. This ability does not grant bonus spells to her unless she possesses spell slots of an appropriate level. Such bonus spells are automatically granted if she gains spell slots of the spell's level.

Spellshield of Justice [Magical Self]
    Prerequisites: Strike of Justice
    Benefit: As an immediate action, a Magical Senshi may sacrifice a spell slot to a shield bonus to her AC equal to the level of the sacrificed spell slot. She also gains ER against her Strike of Justice element equal to 2 x the sacrificed spell level. This effect lasts until the end of her next turn.
    Special: A Magical Senshi with Dual Justice gains half of ER granted to each of her chosen elements. If the Magical Senshi is using a shield granted by Sentai Knight, then half of the shield bonus granted by this ability (rounded down) stacks with the shield bonus granted by Sentai Knight.

Spellstrike of Justice [Magical Suit]
    Prerequisites: Strike of Justice
    Benefit: As a free action, a Magical Senshi may sacrfice a spell slot to add a number of bonus dice to their Strike of Justice damage roll equal to the level of the spell slot sacrificed. This effect lasts until the end of her turn.
    Special: A Magical Senshi with Dual Justice gains half of extra dice granted to each of her chosen elements. If the sacrificed spell slot's level is odd, the Magical Senshi chooses which element gains one more die.

Energy Influx Conversion [Magical Suit]
    Benefit: Once per encounter, a Magical Senshi may sacrifice a spell slot to increase the duration of Henshin a number of rounds equal to the level of spell slot sacrficed. If the duration of Henshin lasts a number of minutes or hours based on her effective Sentai level, then the duration is increased by that increment instead.

Energy Outflux Conversion [Magical Suit]
    Benefit: Instead of expending a charge from a spell-trigger item, a Magical Senshi may reduce the duration of her Henshin by one round per level of the spell. If the duration of Henshin lasts a number of minutes or hours based on her effective Sentai level, then the duration is reduced by that increment instead.

Sentai Staff [Magical Suit]
    Benefit: The Magical Senshi may replace a Sentai Weapon granted by Sentai class levels with a wand, staff, or scepter. The Sentai Staff disappears from the Magical Senshi's normal inventory and becomes subject to the Sentai Weapon rules. While in Henshin, the Sentai Staff has a maximum amount of bonus charges equal to half of the Magical Senshi's effective Sentai level. These charges are used first and replenish at a rate of 1 charge per day. For weapon purposes, treat wands as Small clubs, staffs as Medium quarterstaffs and scepters as Medium clubs or light maces. There is no penalty to a Medium character for using a wand as a weapon due to its size. A Small character may use a staff as a weapon even though it is a Medium two-handed weapon. A Large character may use a scepter as a weapon even though it is a Medium light weapon. Large and Small characters suffer no size penalties to using staffs or scepters as weapons.
    Special: A Sentai Staff with no remaining base charges loses these abilities. The Magical Senshi may either regain the originally replaced Sentai Weapon or imbue a new Sentai Staff after 24 hours. A Magical Senshi can only have one Sentai Staff at a time. If summoned using Suitless Weapon, the Sentai Staff does not access the bonus charges and expends base charges as usual.
    Special: A Magical Senshi with Combat Theme (Military) may keep the ranged form granted and change between the two forms as normal. A Sentai Staff while in its ranged form may only expend its bonus charges and not base charges.
    Information regarding scepters can be found on pages 8 and 153 of Lost Empires of Faerun.

Sentai Scroll [Magical Suit]
    Benefit: Once per day per point of Intelligence modifier, the Magical Senshi can use an available spell slot to harness the Sentai energies to create a temporary spell-completion item of a spell available to their spellcasting class. The spell cannot be of a level higher than that of the sacrificed slot. The Sentai must succeed a Spellcraft check (DC 15 + spell level x 5) to create the Sentai Scroll. The creation time is included in the normal casting time for the spell. Material and XP costs for the Sentai Scroll are identical to the normal costs for scribing scrolls.

Shielded Spell Combat [Magical Self]
    Benefit: The Magical Senshi may use his shield hand to perform somatic components for spells, forfeiting the shield’s bonus to AC until the beginning of his next turn.

Wand Senshi [Magical Self]
    Benefit: The Magical Senshi may activate a wand, staff, or scepter in place of casting a spell when using spell combat.

Improved Wand Mastery [Magical Suit]
    Benefit: Whenever the Magical Senshi uses a wand or scepter while in Henshin, she calculates the DC for any spell it contains using her spellcasting ability modifier, instead of the minimum modifier needed to cast a spell of that level. She may also use her caster level instead of the minimum caster level required for the spell.
    Special: For scepters, use whichever is higher: the original DC set by the creator of the scepter or the new one calculated with this ability. The same applies to caster level.

Eldritch Spellblast [Magical Suit]
    Prerequisites: Eldritch Combat, Eldritch Spellstrike
    Benefit: A Magical Senshi may place an arcane spell that affects an area upon her eldritch blast. If the eldritch blast hits its target, the spell's area is centered on any corner of the target's space, even if the spell could normally be centered only on the caster. If the eldritch blast misses its target, the spell is lost with no effect.

It takes a full-round action to cast the spell and fire the eldritch blast. Only an area spell with a casting time no greater than 1 standard action can be placed upon her eldritch blast.

Treat eldritch spellblast as a spell whose level is equal to the area spell placed upon the eldritch blast (minimum 3rd level).

Improved Eldritch Combat [Magical Suit]
    Prerequisites: Eldritch Spellstrike, Magical Senshi level 6th
    Benefit: When using Eldritch Spellstrike in concert with Spell Combat, a Magical Senshi may add half of her eldritch blast damage to weapon attacks made during Spell Combat.

Invocation Spellweave [Magical Suit]
    Prerequisites: Improved Eldritch Combat
    Benefit: A Magical Senshi can apply an invocation she knows (other than those that change the range of eldritch blast) to any arcane spell that affects a target or that requires a melee or ranged touch attack. If the invocation requires a saving throw, use the normal save DC for that invocation. If an invocation changes the damage of eldritch blast, it can be applied only to a spell that deals damage (you can't add inferno blast to charm person).

Using this ability increases the spell's casting time to 1 full-round action. A spell that has a normal casting time of 1 full round or longer takes an extra full-round action to cast.

If the spell has more than one target or allows more than one attack, she chooses one target to be affected by the invocation; all other targets take only the normal effect of the spell.

A Magical Senshi can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + her Charisma modifier (minimum 1).

Edge of Justice [Magical Suit]
    Prerequisites: Bellum Arcanum Senshi, Enhanced Visors
    Benefit: A Magician Senshi may add the bonus to Spot and Listen granted by Enhanced Visors to her Warmage Edge bonus damage.

Magical Senshi Archetypes
    Spoiler
    Show

Apothecary Senshi (Alchemist/Sentai)

Sentai Discovery (Su): Upon blending her sentai powers with her knowledge of alchemy, the Apothecary Senshi forever changes the way her strength grows. Whenever she gains a sentai ability through classes which grant sentai abilities, she may choose to gain a discovery instead. She cannot choose a discovery or sentai ability more than once. She must qualify for the discovery as normal.
    Special: Though this ability is Supernatural, discoveries gained from it are retained if the Apothecary Senshi loses her powers in some manner, as it is her own skill with alchemy, not her suit, providing this.

This modifies the Sentai Ability class feature.

Inquisition Senshi (Inquisitor/Sentai)

Take the Lead: At 1st level, the Inquisition Senshi gains Take the Lead as a bonus sentai ability.

Invocation Senshi (Warlock/Sentai)

Sentai Invocation (Su): Upon blending her sentai powers with the raw eldritch power in her body, the Invocation Senshi forever changes the way her strength grows. Whenever she gains a sentai ability through classes which grant sentai abilities, she may choose to gain an invocation instead. She cannot choose an invocation or sentai ability more than once. She must qualify for the invocation as normal.
    Special: Though this ability is Supernatural, invocations gained from it are retained if the Invocation Senshi loses her powers in some manner, as it is her own skill with invocations, not her suit, providing this.

Eldritch Combat (Ex): A Magical Senshi may use her eldritch blast in place of a spell when using Spell Combat.

This modifies the Spell Combat class feature.

Eldritch Spellstrike (Su): As a swift action, a Magical Senshi may use her eldritch blast as a weapon when using Spellstrike. The swift action used to activate this ability is in addition to the casting time of the spell being cast. She may not apply any invocations to this eldritch blast, except hideous blow. If the spell grants a saving throw, damage from eldritch blast is halved on a successful save.

This modifies the Spellstrike class feature.

Eldritch Blastweave (Su): An Invocation Senshi can use Martial/Formulaic Spellweave with either a spell or eldritch blast.
    Special: If the Invocation Senshi also has the Improved Eldritch Combat magical ability, then she may use Martial/Formulaic Spellweave in concert with Eldritch Spellstrike by spending a swift action in addition to the action required to activate Martial/Formulaic Spellweave. However, use of Martial/Formulaic Spellweave in this manner counts as two of its daily uses instead of one.

This is gained at 10th level, alongside Martial/Formulaic Spellweave.

Life Link Senshi (Summoner/Sentai)

The Life Link Senshi has the following additional entry requirement:
    Eidolon Feats: Eidolon of Justice
    Spoiler
    Show

Eidolon of Justice [Eidolon]
    Prerequisites: summoner has Senshi of the Maker, eidolon has at least two arms and two legs
    Benefit: The Eidolon gains access to the following evolutions:
    Eidolon Henshin (Su) (1-Point): When the player uses Henshin, she may cut her duration in half (rounded down) to grant her eidolon the effects of a Henshin License, except the eidolon does not receive the armor bonus.
    Eidolon Booster (Su) (2-Point): (requires Eidolon Henshin) If Eidolon Henshin is activated, the eidolon gains a Henshin Booster with an ability for which the eidolon meets the prerequisites, as well as an Effective Sentai Level equal to half of the eidolon's level (rounded down), minimum 1. You may change this ability each time the eidolon enters Henshin.
    Eidolon Armaments (Su) (3-Point): (requires Eidolon Booster) The eidolon now gains the default Hero Suit and Sentai Weapon class feature while in Henshin, using its Effective Sentai Level to determine the enhancement bonuses.
    Eidolon Sentai (Su) (4-Point): (requires Eidolon Armaments) The eidolon gains the class features (excluding maneuvers) of a Sentai. The eidolon's Sentai Level is equal to half of the Summoner's Effective Sentai Level (Min 1), up to Eidolon level + Eidolon Sentai level = Summoner's HD. Sentai Abilities gained from Eidolon Sentai are chosen the first time you choose this evolution and cannot be changed. The Summoner may reduce her Henshin duration by one-quarter to have the Eidolon enter Henshin as an immediate action when the Summoner enters Henshin.
    Sentai Custom (Su) (4-Point): (requires Eidolon Sentai) When the summoner and eidolon are both in Henshin, they may fuse together as a full-round action. The eidolon's current HP and summoner's Henshin duration are reduced to half (round down), while adding the eidolon's hit points as temporary hit points and the eidolon's physical stat modifiers to the summoner's physical stats as a synergy bonus. Eidolon loses use of skills and feats. The summoner gains access to the eidolon's Sentai Weapon, Sentai Abilities and Henshin Booster.

Take the Lead: At 1st level, the Life Link Senshi gains Take the Lead as a bonus sentai ability that functions only with her Eidolon

Rider's Steed: A Life Link Senshi may treat her Eidolon as her Rider's Steed if it has four legs and is large enough for her to ride.

Master Magician (Caster/Magician Sentai)

Skills: A Master Magician does not gain Martial Lore as a class skill. Instead, he gains Concentration, Spellcraft, and Knowledge (Arcana) as class skills.

Formulae: At first level and every two levels thereafter, you gain a new formula known from any of the circles to which you have access. In addition to meeting the formula’s prerequisite, your spellshaping ability score must be equal to at least 10 + the formula’s level in order to learn it. You add your full Magical Senshi levels to your shaper level to determine your total shaper level and your highest-level formulae known.

At 3rd level and every three levels thereafter, you gain an additional formula prepared per day.

This replaces the Maneuvers Known, Maneuvers Readied, and Stances Known class features.

Formulaic Spellweave (Su): Beginning at 10th level, you can apply an arcane formula you know that alters the effect of one of your spellshape attacks to any spell that affects a target or requires a melee or ranged touch attack. The spell’s level must be at least as high as the level of the arcane formula. If the formula requires a saving throw, use the normal save DC for that formula. If an arcane formula will increase or otherwise change the damage of the spell it affects, it can be applied only to a spell that deals damage. If the spell is delivered via Spellstrike, then you may also add the Spellshape Strike bonus damage dice, based on the formula's corresponding spellshape attack, to the attack. This is an exception to the rule about using Spellstrike and Spellshape Strike in the same attack.

Using this ability increases the spell’s casting time to 1 full-round action. A spell that has a normal casting time of 1 full-round or longer takes an extra full-round action to cast.

If the spell has more than one target or allows more than one attack, you choose one target to be affected by the formula; all other targets take only the normal effect of the spell.

You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your spellshaping ability modifier (minimum 1). Though this ability is Supernatural, it is retained if the Master Magician loses her powers in some manner, as it is her own skill with spellcasting and spellshaping, not her suit, providing this.

This replaces the Martial Spellweave class feature.

Occult Senshi (Witch/Sentai)

Sentai Hex (Su): Upon blending her Sentai powers with her knowledge of the occult, the Occult Senshi forever changes the way her strength grows. Whenever she gains a sentai ability through classes which grant sentai abilities, she may choose to gain a hex instead. She cannot choose a hex or sentai ability more than once. She must qualify for the hex as normal.
    Special: Though this ability is Supernatural, hexes gained from it are retained if the Occult Senshi loses her powers in some manner, as it is her own skill with hexes, not her suit, providing this.

Soothsayer Senshi (Oracle/Sentai)

Sentai Revelation (Su): Upon blending her sentai powers with the secrets of her mystery, the Soothsayer Senshi forever changes the way her strength grows. Whenever she gains a sentai ability through classes which grant sentai abilities, she may choose to gain a revelation instead. She cannot choose a revelation or sentai ability more than once. She must qualify for the revelation as normal.
    Special: Though this ability is Supernatural, revelations gained from it are retained if the Soothsayer Senshi loses her powers in some manner, as it is her own knowledge of her mystery, not her suit, providing this.

Spellweapon Senshi (Magus/Sentai)

Sentai Arcana (Su): Upon blending her sentai powers with the arcane secrets of her fighting style, the Spellweapon Senshi forever changes the way her strength grows. Whenever she gains a sentai ability through classes which grant sentai abilities, she may choose to gain a magus arcana instead. She cannot choose a magus arcana or sentai ability more than once. She must qualify for the magus arcana as normal.
    Special: Though this ability is Supernatural, magus arcana gained from it are retained if the Spellweapon Senshi loses her powers in some manner, as it is her own skill with magus arcana, not her suit, providing this.

Improved Spell Combat (Ex): At 1st level, the Spellweapon Senshi’s ability to cast spells and make attacks improves. When using the spell combat ability, the magus receives a +2 circumstance bonus on concentration checks, in addition to any bonus granted by taking an additional penalty on the attack roll.
    Special: If the Spellweapon Senshi already has Improved Spell Combat before taking this class, she gains Greater Spell Combat instead.

This replaces the Spell Combat class feature.

Spellstrike: The single target restrictions only apply to ranged spells and attacks made by the Spellweapon Senshi. This is because her Magus training already permitted her to use a multiple target spell with iterative melee attacks.
    Special: A Spellweapon Senshi with the Myrmidarch archetype loses the single ranged target restriction at 2nd level and gains Spell Recall at 6th level. If further Myrmidarch levels are taken afterwards, she gains Improved Spell Recall at Myrmidarch 11th level. If the Myrmidarch already has no ranged spellstrike restrictions upon taking this class, she instead gains Spell Recall and Improved Spell recall at 2nd and 6th levels, respectively.
    Special: A Spellweapon Senshi with the Spellblade archetype gains Spellstrike as if she was in a non-magus class. If she has the Myrmidarch archetype as well, she only has the target restrictions when using melee weapons.

This modifies the Spellstrike class feature.

Spellcaster Senshi Feats
    Spoiler
    Show

Alchemic Senshi [General, Spellcaster, Multiclass]
    Prerequisites: Bomb, able to create 1st level extracts, Discovery class feature, Henshin class feature
    Benefit: Your Alchemist levels and Sentai levels stack for determining your Initiator Level, your effective Sentai level, and the effects of your Bomb class feature. Add half of your Sentai level to your Alchemist level to determine caster level, what discoveries are available, and their effects. Upon taking this feat, you may replace a weapon gained from Sentai levels with bombs gained from Alchemist levels. Your choice may not be changed at a later point.
    Special: If you have taken the Magician Archetype, you may add your Alchemist level to your Sentai level to determine your Shaper level.

Arcane Senshi [General, Spellcaster, Multiclass]
    Prerequisites: Summon Familiar, able to cast 1st level arcane spells, Henshin class feature
    Benefit: Your Sorcerer/Wizard levels and Sentai levels stack for determining your Initiator Level, your effective Sentai level, and the effects of your Summon Familiar class feature. Add half of your Sentai level, rounded down, to your Sorcerer/Wizard level to determine caster level.
    Special: If you have taken the Magician Archetype, you may add your Sorceror/Wizard level to your Sentai level to determine your Shaper level.
    Pathfinder: This affects the arcane bond class feature regardless of if it is a familiar.

Bellum Arcanum Senshi [General, Spellcaster, Multiclass] (Pathfinder Only)
    Prerequisites: Warmage Edge, able to cast 1st level arcane spells, Henshin class feature
    Benefit: Your Warmage levels and Sentai levels stack for determining your Initiator Level and your effective Sentai level. Add half of your Sentai level, rounded down, to your Warmage level to determine caster level and the effects of your Warmage Edge class feature.
    Special: If you have taken the Magician Archetype, you may add your Warmage level to your Sentai level to determine your Shaper level.

Bloodline Senshi [General, Spellcaster, Multiclass] (Pathfinder Only)
    Prerequisites: Bloodline, able to cast 1st level arcane spells, Henshin class feature
    Benefit: Your Sorcerer levels and Sentai levels stack for determining your Initiator Level and your effective Sentai level. Add half of your Sentai level, rounded down, to your Sorcerer level to determine caster level and the effects of your Bloodline class feature. This increases the effects of powers you have access to, but doesn't grant you powers at a lower level than normal.
    Special: If you have taken the Magician Archetype, you may add your Sorceror level to your Sentai level to determine your Shaper level.

Cursed Senshi [General, Spellcaster, Multiclass]
    Prerequisites: Oracle's Curse, able to cast 1st level divine spells, Revelation class feature, Henshin class feature
    Benefit: Your Oracle levels and Sentai levels stack for determining your Initiator Level, your effective Sentai level, and the effects of your Oracle's Curse class feature. Add half of your Sentai level to your Oracle level to determine caster level and the effects of Revelations.
    Special: If you have taken the Magician Archetype, you may add your Oracle level to your Sentai level to determine your Shaper level.

Divine Senshi [General, Spellcaster, Multiclass]
    Prerequisites: Turn or Rebuke Undead, able to cast 1st level divine spells, Henshin class feature
    Benefit: Your Cleric/Paladin levels and Sentai levels stack for determining your Initiator Level, your effective Sentai level, and the uses and effects of your Turn or Rebuke Undead class feature. You may add half of your Sentai level, rounded down, to your Cleric/Paladin level to determine your caster level. You may multiclass freely between Sentai and Paladin.
    Special: If you have taken the Magician Archetype, you may add your Cleric/Paladin level to your Sentai level to determine your Shaper level.

Eldritch Senshi [General, Spellcaster, Multiclass](Pathfinder Only)
    Prerequisites: Eldritch Blast, able to cast 1st level arcane spells, Invocation class feature, Henshin class feature
    Benefit: Your Warlock levels and Sentai levels stack for determining your Initiator Level and your effective Sentai level. Add half of your Sentai level to your Warlock level to determine caster level, what invocations are available, and the effects of your Eldritch Blast class feature. Upon taking this feat, you must replace a weapon gained from Sentai levels with eldritch blasts gained from Warlock levels. Your choice may not be changed at a later point.
    Special: If you have taken the Magician Archetype, you may add your Warlock level to your Sentai level to determine your Shaper level.
    Special: This feat only allows you to add any bonuses to your eldritch blasts that you could apply to your Sentai Weapon while in Henshin. You may use the Suitless Weapon sentai ability to apply these bonuses to your eldritch blasts while out of Henshin. This does not allow you to use eldritch blasts with maneuvers nor does it change any other mechanic of eldritch blasts.

Evangelical Senshi [General, Spellcaster, Multiclass]
    Prerequisites: Domain, able to cast 1st level arcane spells, Henshin class feature
    Benefit: Your Cleric/Inquisitor levels and Sentai levels stack for determining your Initiator Level and your effective Sentai level. Add half of your Sentai level, rounded down, to your Cleric/Inquisitor level to determine caster level and the effects of your Domain class feature. This increases the effects of powers you have access to, but doesn't grant you powers at a lower level than normal.
    Special: If you have taken the Magician Archetype, you may add your Cleric/Inquisitor level to your Sentai level to determine your Shaper level.

Extra Magical Ability [General]
    Prerequisites:
    Extra Sentai Ability, one [Magical] ability
    Benefit: You gain an extra [Magical] ability for which you meet the prerequisites.
    Special: You may take this feat up to two times before character level 20, choosing a new [Magical] ability each time. After character level 20, you may take this feat two more times, up to four times total.

Know-it-all Senshi [General, Spellcaster, Multiclass]
    Prerequisites: Bardic Knowledge, able to cast 1st-level arcane spells, Henshin class feature
    Benefit: You Bard levels and Sentai levels stack for determining your Initiator Level, your effective Sentai level, and the effects of your Bardic Knowledge class feature. Add half of your Sentai level, rounded down, to your Bard level to determine your caster level.
    Special: If you have taken the Magician Archetype, you may add your Bard level to your Sentai level to determine your Shaper level.

Manufactured Senshi [General, Spellcaster, Multiclass]
    Prerequisites: Artificer Knowledge, able to cast 1st-level infusions, Henshin class feature
    Benefit: Your Artificer levels and Sentai levels stack for determining your Initiator Level, your effective Sentai level, and the effects of your Artificer Knowledge class feature. Add half of your Sentai level, rounded down, to your Artificer level to determine your caster level.
    Special: If you have taken the Magician Archetype, you may add your Artificer level to your Sentai level to determine your Shaper level.

Nature's Senshi [General, Spellcaster, Multiclass]
    Prerequisites: Animal Companion, able to cast 1st level divine spells, Henshin class feature
    Benefit: Your Druid/Ranger levels and Sentai levels stack for determining your Initiator Level, your effective Sentai level, and the effects of your Animal Companion class feature. Add half of your Sentai level, rounded down, to your Druid/Ranger level to determine caster level. Your hero suit does not disrupt your ability to use Druid abilities other than Wild Shape.
    Special: If you have taken the Magician Archetype, you may add your Druid/Ranger level to your Sentai level to determine your Shaper level.

Natural Henshin [General, Multiclass]
    Prequisites: Wild Shape, Combat Theme(beast or insect), Henshin class feature
    Benefit: Add half of your effective Sentai level, rounded down, to your Druid level to determine the uses and effects of your Wild Shape class feature. You may use Wild Shape while in Henshin and retain all benefits of the hero suit. You gain Inhuman Henshin as a bonus suit ability, but with Magical Beast as the type.

Scholarly Senshi [General, Spellcaster, Multiclass] (Pathfinder Only)
    Prerequisites: Arcane School, able to cast 1st level arcane spells, Henshin class feature
    Benefit: Your Wizard levels and Sentai levels stack for determining your Initiator Level and your effective Sentai level. Add half of your Sentai level, rounded down, to your Wizard level to determine caster level and the effects of your Arcane School class feature. This increases the effects of powers you have access to, but doesn't grant you powers at a lower level than normal.
    Special: If you have taken the Magician Archetype, you may add your Wizard level to your Sentai level to determine your Shaper level.

Senshi of Justice [General, Spellcaster, Multiclass]
    Prerequisites: Judgment class feature, able to cast 1st level divine spells, Henshin class feature
    Benefit: Your Inquisitor levels and Sentai levels stack for determining your Initiator Level, your effective Sentai level. Add half of your Sentai level to your Inquisitor level to determine caster level, how many Judgments can be active at once, and their effects.
    Special: If you have taken the Magician Archetype, you may add your Inquisitor level to your Sentai level to determine your Shaper level.

Senshi of the Coven [General, Spellcaster, Multiclass]
    Prerequisites: Witch's Familiar, able to cast 1st level arcane spells, Hex class feature, Henshin class feature
    Benefit: Your Witch levels and Sentai levels stack for determining your Initiator Level, your effective Sentai level, and the effects of your Witch's Familiar class feature. Add half of your Sentai level to your Witch level to determine caster level, what hexes are available, and their effects.
    Special: If you have taken the Magician Archetype, you may add your Witch level to your Sentai level to determine your Shaper level.

Senshi of the Magi [General, Spellcaster, Multiclass]
    Prerequisites: Arcane Pool, able to cast 1st level arcane spells, Magus Arcana class feature, Henshin class feature
    Benefit: Your Magus levels and Sentai levels stack for determining your Initiator Level, your effective Sentai level, and the effects of your Arcane Pool class feature. Add half of your Sentai level to your Magus level to determine caster level, what magus arcana are available to learn, and their effects.
    Special: If you have taken the Magician Archetype, you may add your Magus level to your Sentai level to determine your Shaper level.

Senshi of the Maker [General, Spellcaster, Multiclass]
    Prerequisites: Eidolon class feature, able to cast 1st level arcane spells, Henshin class feature
    Benefit: Your Summoner levels and Sentai levels stack for determining your Initiator Level and effective Sentai level. Add half of your Sentai level to your Summoner level to determine caster level and the effects of your Eidolon class feature.
    Special: If you have taken the Magician Archetype, you may add your Summoner level to your Sentai level to determine your Shaper level. Archetypes that modify the Eidolon class feature are ineligible to take this feat.

Change to Magical Adaptation
    Spoiler
    Show

The following should be added to the Special section of the ability:
    "A Sentai with a Spellcaster Senshi feat is treated as a Magician for the purposes of meeting prerequsites of Magical Adaptation."

Changelog
    Spoiler
    Show

6/16/14: Updated table code. Added support for Master Arminas' Warlock and Warmage Pathfinder conversions. May not be optimized for use with the original 3.5 classes. Also dropped down to 3/4 BAB. Updated Spellsource of Justice to grant bonus spells from Oracle's mysteries and Witch's patrons.
    10/16/13: Changed a copypasta error in Martial Spellweave into something more appropriate.
    9/15/13: Updated Sentai Staff interacting with Combat Theme (military). Added Spellblade of Justice and updated Spellweapon Senshi to clarify interaction with the Spellblade archetype.
    9/14/13: Added Evangelical Senshi and Scholarly Senshi as alternate feats for Clerics and Wizards. Added Spellsource of Justice as well. Gave Alchemic Senshi the same option as Iron Senshi to swap out a Sentai Weapon with Bombs. Changed Magical Ability progression from 3-6-9 to 2-5-8 and Sentai Ability progression from 4-8 to 3-6-9. Rearranged lost spellcasting levels from 1-4-8 to 1-4-7 to balance. Addressed how Spellstrike Gloves work with non-magus Magical Senshi.
    9/5/13: Added some clarifications as to how Spellstrike interacts with Spellshape Strike.
    9/1/13: Replaced Explosive Spellstrike with Martial Spellweave.
    7/19/13: Clarified that only the Knowledge skill used to qualify was treated as a class skill. This is to keep the divine and arcane Magical Senshi from being homogenized.
    7/12/13: Added Know-it-all Senshi because I completely forgot to create a Bard feat.
    6/15/13: Added Master Magician archetype as spellshaping alternative
    5/31/13: Added Extra Magical Ability feat
    5/28/13: Updated Spellweapon Senshi and Life Link Senshi. Added Pathfinder rule for Arcane Senshi. Added Bloodline Senshi.
    5/26/13: Added the Summoner-based archetype and its relevant feats. Cleaned up wording to be more in line with new definition of Effective Sentai Level.
    2/17:13: Changed Spell Combat to use casting stat modifier as limit instead of just Int mod for Wis/Cha casters. Added Combat theme (Insect) to Natural Henshin as an alternative to combat Theme (Beast) and specified the Inhuman Henshin type as Magical Beast.
    2/15/13: Shielded Spell Combat
    2/14/13: Added archetypes and more feats.
    2/12/13: Created it
    Last edited by zhdarkstar; 2014-06-18 at 01:56 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, regarding Forsaken, I'd really suggest just the one ability to be available, representing that part of the character's life, and benefit he gains when he merges it with his regained powers.

So the Forsaken abilities should be VERY useful when not a Sentai, and improved when the Sentai has his powers back.

So a decently useful ability for the Crappy-Warblade without plusses, and then something that is an above average choice after the plusses are back.
    Extended Signature.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Understood. It shall be so.
    Last edited by Durazno; 2013-02-14 at 12:12 AM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Updated Magical Senshi with 5 archetypes for the Pathfinder spellcaster classes and the feats that go with them.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

just to put it out there:
    we need...
    MEGAZORDZ
    Come post a magic item to show that not all unique items are immensely powerful tools of the gods!
    Jester of The Rudisplorkers Guild!!

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    ..What have I done..? What have you done? That poor lantern archon..

trophies
    The photo got removed, but I'm a silver trophy winner of Pathfinder Grab Bag XII: of Dungeons and Dragons

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Working on that, actually. It's probably going to be in the next update I make.

Probably using the aforementioned SRW homebrew as a base.
    Extended Signature.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

yaaay :D so cool
    Come post a magic item to show that not all unique items are immensely powerful tools of the gods!
    Jester of The Rudisplorkers Guild!!

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    ..What have I done..? What have you done? That poor lantern archon..

trophies
    The photo got removed, but I'm a silver trophy winner of Pathfinder Grab Bag XII: of Dungeons and Dragons

27. - Top - End - #57
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sorry, but I cannot find what the sentai abilities may be used for. The only use of a sentai ability I could find was to get a different type of weapon automatically enhanced too. Or is it meant to be an open ended cool thing?

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seer_of_Heart View Post
    Sorry, but I cannot find what the sentai abilities may be used for. The only use of a sentai ability I could find was to get a different type of weapon automatically enhanced too. Or is it meant to be an open ended cool thing?
    Check the second and third posts. Those contain the rest of the abilities, aside from Archetype-specific ones, which are listed with their Archetype.
    Extended Signature.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

2 questions regarding Bolt of Justice

(A) Can it be used in a full-attack action? The wording makes it seems like it could be an alternate use for unarmed strikes that doesn't affect the action economy. Seems like the perfect ability for an unarmed finesse build in that case.

(B) Can it be used in concert with Spellshape Strike? If (A) is true, then this just seems like a logical follow up question for the Magician archetype. Most spellshape attacks are ranged touch attack anyways and they have far better range increments than Bolt of Justice.

EDIT: Question about Combat Theme (Draconic) + Dual Justice

Would Dual Justice grant you an extra type of damage for the breath weapon? Not necessarily at the same time like SoJ but the option to switch between Type A and Type B. Although you could possibly make a special exception for when the paired elements share the same type of AoE--Fire/Cold for cone and Acid/Shock for line--to be mechanically compatible to do 50/50 typed damage.

EDIT 2: Question about Enhanced Weapon

If I were to pick one of the Sentai Weapon options (single, double, unarmed) as a sentai ability, does Enhanced Weapon only apply to one of my Sentai Weapon choices or does it apply to all of my available Sentai Weapons?

Ex: Start with bow (single). Get pair of short swords (double) at 3rd level. Unarmed boosted at 5th level. Enhanced Weapon at 7th.
    Last edited by zhdarkstar; 2013-02-26 at 03:57 AM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zhdarkstar View Post
    2 questions regarding Bolt of Justice

(A) Can it be used in a full-attack action? The wording makes it seems like it could be an alternate use for unarmed strikes that doesn't affect the action economy. Seems like the perfect ability for an unarmed finesse build in that case.
    Yes. Some revisions will be made to it... Now, actually.

(B) Can it be used in concert with Spellshape Strike? If (A) is true, then this just seems like a logical follow up question for the Magician archetype. Most spellshape attacks are ranged touch attack anyways and they have far better range increments than Bolt of Justice.
    No, but you get to punch people with fire. I fail to see how lobbing a ball of flame compares to that.

EDIT: Question about Combat Theme (Draconic) + Dual Justice

Would Dual Justice grant you an extra type of damage for the breath weapon? Not necessarily at the same time like SoJ but the option to switch between Type A and Type B. Although you could possibly make a special exception for when the paired elements share the same type of AoE--Fire/Cold for cone and Acid/Shock for line--to be mechanically compatible to do 50/50 typed damage.
    Nope. You only get the initial SoJ element for your Breath Weapon.

EDIT 2: Question about Enhanced Weapon

If I were to pick one of the Sentai Weapon options (single, double, unarmed) as a sentai ability, does Enhanced Weapon only apply to one of my Sentai Weapon choices or does it apply to all of my available Sentai Weapons?

Ex: Start with bow (single). Get pair of short swords (double) at 3rd level. Unarmed boosted at 5th level. Enhanced Weapon at 7th.
    Each applies only to one instance of Sentai's Weapon. That will be specified.
    Extended Signature.