Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Here and there.
    Gender
    Female

    Default (BoVD)Evil Brand + Lichloved (tweak, these feats not for the faint of heart)

    Evil Brand
    [Vile]
    The character is physically marked forever as a servant of an evil power greater than herself or as a villain who does not care who knows that she seeks only death, destruction, and misery for others. The symbol is unquestionable in its perversity, depicting a depravity so unthinkable that all who see it know beyond a doubt that the bearer is forever in the sway of the blackest powers.
    Prerequisite
    Required for
    Lichloved (BV) ,
    Benefit
    Creatures automatically recognize the symbol now emblazoned upon the character as a sign of her utter depravity or discipleship to a powerful patron, although the specific identity of the patron is not revealed without a sufficient Religion, or if appropriate an Arcana skill check dependent on who the patron is (Usually outside of player control). She gains a +2 circumstance bonus on Diplomacy checks made against evil creatures, and to Intimidate checks made against good creatures.
    The evil brand functions as a holy symbol for evil deities and grants the eschew materials feat for casting [evil] or [necromancy] spells.
    Special: Every move you make, every step you take, your actions are known to the patron of the mark who always knows your character level, alignment, and what you've been up to.



    Lichloved
    [Vile]
    By repeatedly committing certain disturbing acts with the undead, the character gains dread powers.
    Prerequisite
    Evil Brand, Must have... cuddled... with the dead on at minimum ten different occasions.
    Benefit
    Mindless undead see the character as an undead creature, and will not attack unprovoked. Having been so exposed to death or the undeath, he gains a +5 circumstance bonus on saving throws against mind-affecting effects, poison, sleep, paralysis, stunning, and disease.
    Last edited by Cipher Stars; 2012-12-19 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Outright removed the reference to sex, instead of simply... censoring it, (Making it white-text colored)

    My Homebrew

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    My skills exceed yours!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (BoVD)Evil Brand + Lichloved (tweak, these feats not for the faint of heart)

    Good feats. A +5 bonus to every save that you care about is really nice, but it's well-earned and flavorful. These feats are now worth taking for a big bad.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (BoVD)Evil Brand + Lichloved (tweak, these feats not for the faint of heart)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cipherthe3vil View Post
    Evil Brand
    [Vile]
    The character is physically marked forever as a servant of an evil power greater than herself or as a villain who does not care who knows that she seeks only death, destruction, and misery for others. The symbol is unquestionable in its perversity, depicting a depravity so unthinkable that all who see it know beyond a doubt that the bearer is forever in the sway of the blackest powers.
    Prerequisite
    Required for
    Lichloved (BV) ,
    Benefit
    Creatures automatically recognize the symbol now emblazoned upon the character as a sign of her utter depravity or discipleship to a powerful patron, although the specific identity of the patron is not revealed. She gains a +2 circumstance bonus on Diplomacy checks made against evil creatures, and to Intimidate checks made against good creatures.
    The evil brand functions as a holy symbol for evil deities and grants the eschew materials feat for casting [evil] or [necromancy] spells.
    I think that this part, "although the specific identity of the patron is not revealed," is problematic. If the PC has an effective holy symbol tattooed or branded upon himself that affects casting, a successful Knowledge: Religion or Knowledge: Arcana check should be able to identify with which religion it is associated. With more obscure patrons, it might take a relatively high check, but it still seems as if it should be possible.

    Aside from that, I think this one is well-balanced.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cipherthe3vil View Post
    Lichloved
    [Vile]
    By repeatedly committing certain disturbing acts with the undead, the character gains dread powers.
    Prerequisite
    Evil Brand
    Benefit
    Mindless undead see the character as an undead creature, and will not attack unprovoked. Having been so exposed to death or the undeath, he gains a +5 circumstance bonus on saving throws against mind-affecting effects, poison, sleep, paralysis, stunning, and disease.
    I think a +5 bonus is too high. I cannot call to mind other feats granting bonuses that high against such a range of effects. +2 or +3 seems more appropriate.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Serpent's Throne
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (BoVD)Evil Brand + Lichloved (tweak, these feats not for the faint of heart)

    Seriously, Cipher. You are my Oprah.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Here and there.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: (BoVD)Evil Brand + Lichloved (tweak, these feats not for the faint of heart)

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeraphi View Post
    Good feats. A +5 bonus to every save that you care about is really nice, but it's well-earned and flavorful. These feats are now worth taking for a big bad.
    Thank you.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Tygre View Post
    Seriously, Cipher. You are my Oprah.
    XD

    Quote Originally Posted by Grelna the Blue View Post
    I think that this part, "although the specific identity of the patron is not revealed," is problematic. If the PC has an effective holy symbol tattooed or branded upon himself that affects casting, a successful Knowledge: Religion or Knowledge: Arcana check should be able to identify with which religion it is associated. With more obscure patrons, it might take a relatively high check, but it still seems as if it should be possible.
    Mm. True. Religion or Arcana checks should identify the patron. I'll make a note of that, thanks.
    I think a +5 bonus is too high. I cannot call to mind other feats granting bonuses that high against such a range of effects. +2 or +3 seems more appropriate.
    I find it perfectly situated in a nice sweet spot. You have to pay two feats for the benefit in addition to violating corpses.

    My Homebrew

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Darkest Part of your mind
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (BoVD)Evil Brand + Lichloved (tweak, these feats not for the faint of heart)

    I like that book more and more
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

    Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]


  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    bobthe6th's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Under the midnight sun
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (BoVD)Evil Brand + Lichloved (tweak, these feats not for the faint of heart)

    the fact necromancers tend to have Slaymates around makes the feat even creepier...
    Avatar by Szilard, thank you sir for the fine work!

    my home brew. you should PEACH them...
    Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Wyntonian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Oregon

    Default Re: (BoVD)Evil Brand + Lichloved (tweak, these feats not for the faint of heart)

    Does Eschew Materials also count for costly components? Because most of the undead-creating spells are [evil] and require that onyx...
    Guess who's good at avatars? Thormag. That's who.

    A Campaign Setting more than a year in the making, Patria!

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Here and there.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: (BoVD)Evil Brand + Lichloved (tweak, these feats not for the faint of heart)

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    Does Eschew Materials also count for costly components? Because most of the undead-creating spells are [evil] and require that onyx...
    unfortunately no :P It's just like the eschew materials feat, just only for the spells mentioned.

    My Homebrew

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    absolmorph's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    A place with no pants

    Default Re: (BoVD)Evil Brand + Lichloved (tweak, these feats not for the faint of heart)

    Quote Originally Posted by bobthe6th View Post
    the fact necromancers tend to have Slaymates around makes the feat even creepier...
    ...
    Welp, I'm outta here.


    Good feats, though I agree with Grelna that a +3 might be more balanced. If I'm going to make a character that brands himself with the symbol of an evil being, violating corpses isn't something they'll lose sleep over.
    Some men just want to watch the world shift uncomfortably in its seat.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    I happen to like screwing around with Handle Animal.
    Red Mage, is that you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Now you're cranking it up to eleven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

    If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Amechra's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Where I live.

    Default Re: (BoVD)Evil Brand + Lichloved (tweak, these feats not for the faint of heart)

    I half expected you to change Lichloved to a Corpsecrafter feat...

    You know, so that both parties can give consent?

    To the cuddling and body piercings, because that is what you were talking about when you were saying disturbing acts, yes?

    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    Let's play a game, shall we? Current Game: END ROLL. Updates Mondays and Thursdays, 6PM EST. Currently on hiatus, because life sucks right now. Life has decided to suck less, so my hiatus is over.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Here and there.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: (BoVD)Evil Brand + Lichloved (tweak, these feats not for the faint of heart)

    Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
    I half expected you to change Lichloved to a Corpsecrafter feat...

    You know, so that both parties can give consent?

    To the cuddling and body piercings, because that is what you were talking about when you were saying disturbing acts, yes?

    Cuddling a corpse, what's more disturbing then that

    I'm not familiar enough with corpsecrafter v,..,v

    My Homebrew

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Amechra's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Where I live.

    Default Re: (BoVD)Evil Brand + Lichloved (tweak, these feats not for the faint of heart)

    Corpsecrafter is a feat chain that modifies any undead you raise through Animate Dead.

    Because you obviously want your skeletons and zombies to be able to consent to the cuddling (all the best cuddling requires all parties to be on board!), don't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    Let's play a game, shall we? Current Game: END ROLL. Updates Mondays and Thursdays, 6PM EST. Currently on hiatus, because life sucks right now. Life has decided to suck less, so my hiatus is over.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Here and there.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: (BoVD)Evil Brand + Lichloved (tweak, these feats not for the faint of heart)

    Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
    Corpsecrafter is a feat chain that modifies any undead you raise through Animate Dead.

    Because you obviously want your skeletons and zombies to be able to consent to the cuddling (all the best cuddling requires all parties to be on board!), don't you?

    I don't think asking permission is the point of these imposed necro-cuddles.

    But.. perhaps using corpsecrafter stuff to lead up to it as an alternative prerequisite for the not-so-blackened-soul could be useful.
    But as I said, I dont't know corpsecrafter well enough. I know them. I've read them a bit. Don't remember much.

    My Homebrew

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    absolmorph's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    A place with no pants

    Default Re: (BoVD)Evil Brand + Lichloved (tweak, these feats not for the faint of heart)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cipherthe3vil View Post
    I don't think asking permission is the point of these imposed necro-cuddles.

    But.. perhaps using corpsecrafter stuff to lead up to it as an alternative prerequisite for the not-so-blackened-soul could be useful.
    But as I said, I dont't know corpsecrafter well enough. I know them. I've read them a bit. Don't remember much.
    They're all solid feats for any necromancer who intends to be raising corpses.

    Also, Lich-Loved can technically be taken be any character with Evil Brand right now, regardless of how intimate they've been with a corpse. I didn't quite notice that earlier.
    Some men just want to watch the world shift uncomfortably in its seat.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    I happen to like screwing around with Handle Animal.
    Red Mage, is that you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Now you're cranking it up to eleven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

    If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground
     
    PirateGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Elemental Plane of Purple
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: (BoVD)Evil Brand + Lichloved (tweak, these feats not for the faint of heart)

    Bravo Cypher!

    It appears that the actual prerequisite for Evil Brand is missing. Saying that it is a prerequisite for Lichloved is not an actual prerequisite. I believe the requirement is that you have to be the servant of an evil power.

    Also it should have a Special category so you know what happens if you stop serving the evil power or become "greater" than the power you serve. Sounds ominous doesn't it?

    Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2012-12-19 at 11:56 AM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Here and there.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: (BoVD)Evil Brand + Lichloved (tweak, these feats not for the faint of heart)

    Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    Also, Lich-Loved can technically be taken be any character with Evil Brand right now, regardless of how intimate they've been with a corpse. I didn't quite notice that earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    B
    It appears that the actual prerequisite for Evil Brand is missing. Saying that it is a prerequisite for Lichloved is not an actual prerequisite. I believe the requirement is that you have to be the servant of an evil power.
    Such is how the feats themselves were. But I might as well change them as well.

    My Homebrew

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    absolmorph's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    A place with no pants

    Default Re: (BoVD)Evil Brand + Lichloved (tweak, these feats not for the faint of heart)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cipherthe3vil View Post
    Such is how the feats themselves were. But I might as well change them as well.
    Yes, that's how the originals were. But these are yours!
    You can play with and expand on them all you want!
    Some men just want to watch the world shift uncomfortably in its seat.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    I happen to like screwing around with Handle Animal.
    Red Mage, is that you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Now you're cranking it up to eleven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

    If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2009

    Default Re: (BoVD)Evil Brand + Lichloved (tweak, these feats not for the faint of heart)

    remember vampire are undead to.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground
     
    PirateGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Elemental Plane of Purple
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: (BoVD)Evil Brand + Lichloved (tweak, these feats not for the faint of heart)

    I think you should have mentioned initially that both Evil Brand and Lichloved are feats found in the Book of Vile Darkness, and then stated exactly what changes to the originals you are making.

    For example, the Evil Brand feat from BoVD does not list a prerequisite at all. However, since you now have a evil patron that stalks you, I would think having said patron would be required.

    I have to admit, I now have the Police's song "Every Breath You Take" as an earworm now because of your addition to the feat.

    The original Lichloved feat only required one to act "repeatedly", it did not mention a set number. How did you arrive at 10?

    Furthermore the original of that feat only gives you a +1 circumstance bonus to saving throws on mind-affecting effects, poison, sleep, paralysis, stunning, and disease.

    If you are going to tweak it, then I recommend it be a +5 circumstance bonus to one of those not all of them instead and that you can take the feat multiple times but each time you must apply it to a new item.

    I just have to say that I wish I'd had known about this feat when I was writing my coven of witches for Ravenloft.

    Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2012-12-21 at 02:39 PM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Here and there.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: (BoVD)Evil Brand + Lichloved (tweak, these feats not for the faint of heart)

    Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    I think you should have mentioned initially that both Evil Brand and Lichloved are feats found in the Book of Vile Darkness, and then stated exactly what changes to the originals you are making.
    Surely you must be mistaking me for someone with that kind of an attention span. *Stares at a random flower nearby* What were we talking about?
    For example, the Evil Brand feat from BoVD does not list a prerequisite at all. However, since you now have a evil patron that stalks you, I would think having said patron would be required.
    It wouldn't be required at all, by virtue of the feat do you aquire such a stalker. Congrats, he sees you when you sleep... knows when you're awake... he knows if you've been naughty, or nice. Further more, he knows that little fetish of yours, congrats on that by the way. I didn't know a person could do such a thing, quite amazing really the things you did with your body. Reminds of of one of those super flexible acrobats for some reason.

    The original Lichloved feat only required one to act "repeatedly", it did not mention a set number. How did you arrive at 10?
    10 is a fair number for a minimum. "Repeatedly" could have been taken as three times, or even just twice.
    Ten is a nice number for a whole harem of fleshybits.
    I just have to say that I wish I'd had known about this feat when I was writing my coven of witches for Ravenloft.
    Ravenloft is quite a nice place for these.

    My Homebrew

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground
     
    PirateGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Elemental Plane of Purple
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: (BoVD)Evil Brand + Lichloved (tweak, these feats not for the faint of heart)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cipherthe3vil View Post
    Surely you must be mistaking me for someone with that kind of an attention span. *Stares at a random flower nearby* What were we talking about?
    Lol! I don't always agree with you but I do love to read your stuff.

    It wouldn't be required at all, by virtue of the feat do you acquire such a stalker. Congrats, he sees you when you sleep... knows when you're awake... he knows if you've been naughty, or nice. Further more, he knows that little fetish of yours, congrats on that by the way. I didn't know a person could do such a thing, quite amazing really the things you did with your body. Reminds of of one of those super flexible acrobats for some reason.
    So wrong....but yes. I would imagine the Krampas more than Santa going with the evil entity. Santa is just too jolly and he really needs to lay off the cookies.

    10 is a fair number for a minimum. "Repeatedly" could have been taken as three times, or even just twice. Ten is a nice number for a whole harem of fleshybits.
    Just wondered.

    Ravenloft is quite a nice place for these.
    Yes it is. I will have to find a way to incorporate this for an NPC I hadn't planned on statting, though now I have a reason to.

    Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2012-12-21 at 10:15 PM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •