New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,479 of 1479
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Absolmorph's Awkwardly Amorous Albeit Alliterative Advances of Random Banter #187

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    I vote Australia. The snakes and spiders would kill the army for us. And those koalas and sharks? Whew.
    Not to mention those wombats! :) And the roos....
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Absolmorph's Awkwardly Amorous Albeit Alliterative Advances of Random Banter #187

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Not to mention those wombats! :) And the roos....
    Exactly... They're positively deadly!

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Bugbear in the Playground

I wonder what other countries would be annoying to invade....
    Switzerland. Even if you managed to get past the mountains, they would start wooing your soldiers away from your army with fine chocolate and one of the highest standards of living in the world.

ION: I had the following conversation today:
    Friend: "Hey [Dimonite], you know what's hot?"
    Me: "What?"
    Friend: "Circles."
    Me: "What? What's hot about a circle?"
    Friend: "Think about it... they're 360 degrees!"
    Me: *facepalm*

I figure if I share the brain damaging effect of that joke, it will ameliorate its personal nuisance.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Ogre in the Playground

Indeed, and you must tame them in order to accomplish such an aim. They are such little birds in comparison to our (to them at least) giant and life crushing hands. It takes them a bit to get over the natural instinct.
    Poor little soft budgies. They just don't understand how touchable they are. Like when they stretch their wings, and you see their grayish fluffy patch of down underneath... I have always wanted to touch a budgie there.
    Spoiler
    Show

To be fair, it is not that interesting a history. But it is still important in its own way. Even though I do not think the road to Gympie still reaches Gympie these days... Well... It does, but not directly. They put a highway in which rendered the original purpose of the road redundant, but we still use it as the main local thoroughfare (it was very annoying for a year or so after the last flood took out the bridge) and it connects with Anzac Avenue which provides access to Redcliffe in case we decide to go look at the ocean.
    Just in case you think I live in some satellite town of Brisbane that is still separate, I do not. It has quite effectively merged with the city, our status as a separate local government district assured by a floodplain totally unsuitable for development and tradition.
    It is interesting to me but it's hard to explain why. I like ordinary details about history more than I like sensationalisms. It comes of my work, I think.

Oh, urban sprawl! Such peaceful and genteel communities you create, but the waste, the waste...

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    Hmm, you are correct about the milk - I too prefer it black, though I tend to add just a touch of sugar. I do feel it would work well spiced with a sufficiently warm blend of spices, though. Just not sure how best to achieve the desired effect - I know little of the art of infusions.
    Which is why I don't want to discourage you from experimenting! A small amount of lapsang is sometimes included in black tea blends -- or even larger amounts, like Russian Caravan. Perhaps you could try half lapsang and half something plain?

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Well, for as long as there's exposed ground, something is going to grow there (they even found lichen on Antarctis). I'd do as Heliomance and go for specimens of the local flora together with annual seed plants. Some of the hardier species (such as a truly dwarfish birch specimen (betula nana) that grows above the treeline in our mountains) makes for beautiful micro-landscapes. I could probably build an entire garden just around the idea of landscapes at a miniscule scale, and if there is an abundance of something in the arctic region, then it's small plants.
    There have been two National Geographic articles about Sweden in recent years that showed breathtaking photography of landscapes with those small northern plants. One was about the Sami and their reindeer and one was about a nature preserve whose name I forget. I looked up pictures of betula nana -- which is a very pretty and unique plant -- and was reminded of seeing them in the latter article.

I have a mind to visit the northern reaches of my country one day soon. I have seen pictures of the tundra in summer, with its ancient rockiness, its lichens, and its carpet of tiny curious flowers.

So, a surprise is still good if even the surprise comes as a surprise? That may work, I love to make everything as unexpected as possible. I even went through great lengths to not alert Kneen to that I was carrying through my plans, after all.
    I haven't spoiled the surprise by how much I've already said, have I? ;___; Should I have said nothing?

I found what I was looking for, by the way.

My town took its current name from another town slightly upstreams when the old town lost its significance as a trade hub due to the landrise putting it too far from the sea, and the archbishop moved downstreams to the new town on the rise. The name itself roughly means "upper hall" (as compared to another hall nearby).
    Yes. I love this kind of detail.

My city's name comes from a Cree word that means muddy waters. It is incredibly muddy around here. Before the streets were paved -- I have seen pictures and read letters from the old-timey days -- the place was one big pit of squelchy wet mud half the year.

Well, she's back from the Vet now. Didn't attack the Vet at all.
    Turns out, she doesn't have ring worm like I assumed from her circular sores. They were caused by overgrooming.

She actually might have something serious so the Vet took blood and we'll have to take her back when the test results are in.
    Oh no, poor kitty! I hope she is alright. Overgrooming is a sad symptom -- birds too can preen themselves bald if they are stressed or ill.

May I do anything for you this day?

Quote Originally Posted by Devmaar View Post
    Devmaar's exam tips:
    • Start revising more than 12 hours before the exam
    • The day before, don't leave your calculator in the exam hall
    • Try and get at least some sleep the night before
    • But still get up with plenty of time to get to the exam
    • Arrive well before the exam is due to start
    • At the correct room

Today is not going well

Some of these are my own fault and can't be blamed on any sort of ill fortune. I know that, please don't call me on it right now.
    *hugs* Do not fret, cool guy! Forgive yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    I DONT WANNA EXAM. And my hardest is first but I need caffeine or something augh my tired braaaain.
    I believe in you, Ovis.

I could count on one hand the days I have gone without caffeine in the past... five years? It's a beautiful drug. EMBRACE IT.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2013-01-09 at 02:08 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Ettin in the Playground

So, has no one claimed the next page thread yet? Because if not, I'd love to!
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2013-01-09 at 01:10 PM.

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Oh, urban sprawl! Such peaceful and genteel communities you create, but the waste, the waste...

*hugs* Do not fret, cool guy! Forgive yourself.
    Apparently urban sprawl is different in Canada *is from Tottenham*

*hugs* Thank you I'm working on it

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Ogre in the Playground

So, has no one claimed the next page thread yet? Because if not, I'd love to!
    Go for it I say, dear Wombat.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Ettin in the Playground

World Building Projects:
    Magic

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Titan in the Playground

So, Knee.

What is the difference between a parrot, a parakeet, a cockatoo, a cockatiel, a budgie, and a budgerigar?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew