New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Monk Fix – could this finally be it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jane_Smith View Post
    ER, correct me if im wrong, but would not dipping into wizard and duelist for bonus require the monk to put points into intelligence for the int-to-ac and to have 11+ to cast mage armors, etc? I think the monk is already streched a bit thin as is for abilities, that seems like a silly multiclass in my opinion unless im missing something.
    It does tend to be a fairly MAD build (though Weapon Finesse plus a siangham that does bonus damage means you can get away with fairly low STR, and high AC makes CON less important), but I've found it to work fairly well as a solo build. (In a team, it would need to be teamed with other high-defense builds for maximum effectiveness.) Its two real weaknesses seems to be enemies with one-hit wins that don't deal with (normal) AC, such as good grappler builds and save-or-die-ers (both of which cause even more problems for most solo noncasters, with the exceptions being things like uberchargers that this build tends to do very well against), and enemies with "Fort save for partial/half" abilities (since it has no source of Mettle.)
    Last edited by Yitzi; 2013-01-09 at 03:45 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sengmeng View Post
    Does anyone know how one might go about petitioning the mods to create a separate sub-forum for monk fixes attempts to rebalance 3.5?
    Fixed it for you.
    That would be more useful.

Quote Originally Posted by toapat View Post
    2: You got the meaning wrong. Fixes get large ripples, but they never really stop being made, pulling them out from new material just would make them less likely to be viewed, as people would be like "oh, another Fix for <Blurple>", while more well circulated, but less rounded homebrew, such as T.G. Oskar's Project Heretica and Jiriku's general rebuild, would end up being used alot more, when it isnt exactly exceptional
    Indeed.

Has anyone actually contacted the mods yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blade Wolf View Post
    Ah, thank you very much GreatWyrmGold, you obviously live up to that name with your intelligence and wisdom with that post.
    Quotes, more

Winner of Villainous Competitions 8 and 40; silver for 32
    Fanfic

Pixel avatar by me! Other avatar by Recaiden.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWyrmGold View Post
    Fixed it for you.
    That would be more useful.

Indeed.

Has anyone actually contacted the mods yet?
    I haven't but that is mostly cause I figured someone else would do it. I'm horrid at emails though sooo..

I would like to see one for Handbooks also.

Back on topic...

I love the idea of getting away from dependancy on gp, now if only more mundane classes could do that...

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

*snip*
    Did you read what i said? Just because it seems logical, does not make it a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCheese View Post
    I haven't but that is mostly cause I figured someone else would do it. I'm horrid at emails though sooo..

I would like to see one for Handbooks also.
    Handbooks could work, but would have to go under RPG discussion, not homebrew
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

Drow avatar @ myself

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

What, this?
    Quote Originally Posted by toapat View Post
    2: You got the meaning wrong. Fixes get large ripples, but they never really stop being made, pulling them out from new material just would make them less likely to be viewed, as people would be like "oh, another Fix for <Blurple>", while more well circulated, but less rounded homebrew, such as T.G. Oskar's Project Heretica and Jiriku's general rebuild, would end up being used alot more, when it isnt exactly exceptional
    It seems like this is supporting such a subforum.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blade Wolf View Post
    Ah, thank you very much GreatWyrmGold, you obviously live up to that name with your intelligence and wisdom with that post.
    Quotes, more

Winner of Villainous Competitions 8 and 40; silver for 32
    Fanfic

Pixel avatar by me! Other avatar by Recaiden.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

What, this?

It seems like this is supporting such a subforum.
    No, it isnt. I Said pulling Fixes out from new homebrew would screw fixes over, because people dont look at everything, and a subforum that is for generating class fixes is not a good idea because people wont look at it. Instead they will be pointed to homebrew of renown which will not typically be of perfect quality.

its hard enough getting responses to Fixes as it, filing them away wont help that.
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

Drow avatar @ myself

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Realms of Chaos View Post
    The thing is that, as you mention, a monk has always possessed the ability to get decent AC if she or he spends enough money. What you seem to have done is push an additional +10 AC (+30 if you focus on it) onto the monk that stacks with everything else so that monks don't have to spend all of their gp, possessing the downside that Monks aren't stopped from pushing their AC even further.
    Hi again RoC,
    Ok, I figure there is a problem here.
    Given I want the Monk to be self reliant, I don't want to hurt inherent AC bonus, so what would you suggest I do to mitigate this issue (other than perhaps eliminate shield enhancement)?

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deepbluediver View Post
    Quivering Palm - I don't like SoD affects, for the most part. That's just a personal opinion, I admit, but you should ask yourself what the point of this ability is. How many times do you need the option to leave some one alive and then kill them later instead of just killing them now? Also, since the monk is not a caster, the delayed reaction, unlimited range at-will death-touch feels out-of-fluff
    This is a compelling argument and I’ve added a restriction to Quivering Palm to be an instantaneous effect only.