Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Question what is home brew

can some one please please explain it to me :? thanks
    email me if you want me to touch up your photo in photoshop :3[email protected]

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: what is home brew

It's player-created material. The most common homebrew is for D&D 3.5, but a lot of different systems get love, including original systems created by people on here.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Basically, it's people creating their own custom gaming material-- new classes for 3.5 D&D, new systems, patches/"fixes" for existing systems, and the like. This particular forum is very fond of 3.5 edition D&D, so you'll see people making new material for pretty much every aspect of that game-- classes, races, monsters, spells, feats, items, whatever.

(Oh, and to answer your next question: PEACH means Please Examine And Critique Honestly-- basically a request for feedback)

STaRS (and STaRS Lite)
    A non-narrativeist, generic rules-light system, by me. Now officially released!

Grod's Guide to Greatness
    A big book of player options for 5e, by me

Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    Grod's Law: You cannot and should not balance bad mechanics by making them annoying to use
    Giants and Graveyards: My collected 3.5 class fixes and more.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

homebrew is a collection of material or finished product of any sort that is not officially sponsered

It finds the naming origins in old alchoholic beverages that one would make at their place of residence

hence Home Brew.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

(Oh, and to answer your next question: PEACH means Please Examine And Critique Honestly-- basically a request for feedback)
    All this time I thought that people just wanted me to show up in their threads.
    You rang?

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by PEACH View Post
    I want you to show up in my threads, PEACH. I just thought you knew the invitation stood, so I never bothered to include the tag. You never show up.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

If there's some legitimacy to that, I could have sworn that I've commented on your homebrew before; is there anything you've done recently you'd like me to look at?
    You rang?

8. - Top - End - #8

If there's some legitimacy to that, I could have sworn that I've commented on your homebrew before; is there anything you've done recently you'd like me to look at?
    Nah, I was just joking around.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

Basically, it's people creating their own custom gaming material-- new classes for 3.5 D&D, new systems, patches/"fixes" for existing systems, and the like. This particular forum is very fond of 3.5 edition D&D, so you'll see people making new material for pretty much every aspect of that game-- classes, races, monsters, spells, feats, items, whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    homebrew is a collection of material or finished product of any sort that is not officially sponsered

It finds the naming origins in old alchoholic beverages that one would make at their place of residence

hence Home Brew.
    These sum it up quite nicely. Despite not being a drinker at all myself, I still love the name Homebrew x3

Honestly it's more like an invitation to come into your topic and be very rude. I don't have a problem with rudeness or outright insults since I stopped putting Peach in my titles.

Though this guy threatens to change that view on the PEACH tag simply by giving it a good name again :3
    So many meanies that turn peaches into sour apples.

My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

I've never had a problem with rudeness with PEACH. I mean some people might be a LITTLE rude, but they are even rarer than the people who actually respond in the first place.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cipherthe3vil View Post
    These sum it up quite nicely. Despite not being a drinker at all myself, I still love the name Homebrew x3

Honestly it's more like an invitation to come into your topic and be very rude. I don't have a problem with rudeness or outright insults since I stopped putting Peach in my titles.

Though this guy threatens to change that view on the PEACH tag simply by giving it a good name again :3
    So many meanies that turn peaches into sour apples.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ Y U NO MARRY ME?