New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Long Hair (Feat)

Long Hair [General]
    You have long and lustrous hair.
    Benefit: Your long, smooth, perfect hair whether it be natural for your race or grown through benefit of this feat is alluring. You gain a +2 circumstance bonus to a charisma based check whenever your hair would have an influence over the outcome.

Long Hair [General]
    Prerequisite: Charisma 14
    Benefit: Your long, smooth, perfect hair whether it be natural for your race or grown through benefit of this feat is alluring. You gain a +2 untyped bonus to every check you ever make.

As a full-round action that may only be taken while at least (Charisma modifier) creatures with an Intelligence of 1 or higher are capable of seeing you, you may create a persistent gust of dramatic wind that billows your hair majestically for the remainder of the encounter. While your hair is billowing, you increase your untyped bonus on all rolls by your Charisma modifier, or by the number of intelligent creatures viewing you, whichever is lower.

Normal: You can still play as Rapunzel but that mess is going to tangle.

Long Hair [General]
    Benefit: Your long, smooth, perfect hair whether it be natural for your race or grown through benefit of this feat is alluring. You gain a +2 Circumstance bonus to every check you ever make.
    As a full-round action that may only be taken while a number of creatures equal to your charisma modifier (minimum 1) with an Intelligence of 1 or higher are capable of seeing you, you may create a persistent gust of dramatic wind that billows your hair majestically for the remainder of the encounter. While your hair is billowing, your bonus applies to all rolls and is increased by the number of creatures watching you (minimum 1).
    Special: If your hair is ever cut off for any reason, you lose this feat until your hair grows back (one month for every inch of hair cut off)
    Last edited by Cipher Stars; 2013-01-08 at 07:22 PM.

My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Long Hair (Feat)

Now, the bonus is feasably fine, but should something like this not be just a, well, part of a charecter? Just seems like a charecter who's hair is long and flowing would probably have a moderately nice Charisma stat, rather than the hair itself determining the charisma bonus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

This feat would be made a literal billion times better if it wasn't limited to just charisma checks, and instead were to be allowed to be applied to any roll.

Every single roll.

Because as-is this feat is so weak the only reason to take this feat is if taking the feat actually gave you a bonus feat. It's that weak.

4. - Top - End - #4

No, the bonus is not 'fine'. The bonus is incredibly and mind-blowingly underwhelming. Cipher, one thing to keep in mind when designing feats is that feats are forever. You live your feats every time you play your character. Spending an entire precious and UTTERLY IRREPLACEABLE feat slot on a circumstantial +2 bonus isn't worth it, and would never be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

5. - Top - End - #5

This feat is severely lacking in power. This feat needs substance.

How about adding Hair Flick: May spend a swift action for 20% concealment in Melee against one foe.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusExultatio View Post
    This feat would be made a literal billion times better if it wasn't limited to just charisma checks, and instead were to be allowed to be applied to any roll.

Every single roll.

Because as-is this feat is so weak the only reason to take this feat is if taking the feat actually gave you a bonus feat. It's that weak.
    This.

Long Hair [General]
    Benefit: Your long, smooth, perfect hair whether it be natural for your race or grown through benefit of this feat is alluring. You gain a +2 untyped bonus to every check you ever make.
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

7. - Top - End - #7
    Colossus in the Playground

I can guarantee you that through every single game I have ever played or DMed, the hair of any of my PCs would never have made a difference. Unless my experience is unusual and everyone else's D&D involves constant beard contests and impromptu rope-making all the time, this feat literally does nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elimu Marimech View Post
    This.

Long Hair [General]
    I'd put a prereq of needing a Charisma score of 14 or higher since this is a beauty feat and all (yeah yeah, there's no direct correlation between Charisma and physical beauty, but it feels right).

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Either that, or if the circumstantial nature of the bonus is necessarily, thematically, I might suggest changing the bonus to be either a flat +10, or equal to your character level. "[W]henever your hair would have an influence over the outcome." is not helpful. I would change it to read something along the lines of "Whenever you interact with a member of your own race." Which brings me to my last point, this should have (humanoid) as a prerequisite, because I can't see it working on most others. (Possibly excluding animal/magical beats)

EDIT: It should probably also impart a penalty to CMD, because, hey, something to grab onto!

EDIT 2: Thinking about it further, you should absolutely add something to the effect of "You may braid your hair into a tight cord, without losing any of the charisma benefits granted by it. Doing so takes one minute per foot the hair is long. Once so braided, you may swing your hair as a whip, this is considered a secondary natural attack dealing 1d8 non-lethal damage." Because let me tell you, that [deleted] hurts!
    Last edited by Jyton; 2013-01-06 at 11:41 PM.
    If your DM ever looks across the table at you and utters the phrase "are you sure?" The correct answer is "No."
    -personal experience

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah... I'll just voice my support for the other suggestions that have been made. This is about the silliest freaking feat. Hell, if Skill Focus makes your feat go cry in a corner, you know you need to fix something.
    Guess who's good at avatars? Thormag. That's who.

A Campaign Setting more than a year in the making, Patria!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elimu Marimech View Post
    This.

Long Hair [General]
    Community Feat Creation Time!

Here's my version, growing off of yours.

Long Hair [General]

As a full-round action that may only be taken while at least (Charisma modifier) creatures with an Intelligence of 1 or higher are capable of seeing you, you may create a persistent gust of dramatic wind that billows your hair majestically for the remainder of the encounter. While your hair is billowing, you increase your untyped bonus on all rolls by your Charisma modifier, or by the number of intelligent creatures viewing you, whichever is lower.

(edit: Oddly, with some tweaking, this could actually become a Cosmic Imperator maneuver.)
    Last edited by Xefas; 2013-01-06 at 11:45 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12

The Mane of Samson [General]
    You have long and lustrous hair... Which serves as a great boon to you and will never betray you so long as you don't betray it.
    Prerequisite: Long Hair feat. Charisma 16
    Benefit: Your gorgeous perfect hair grants you a bonus to your strength score equal to 1/2 your HD as a sacred bonus. In addition, you are considered to be one size larger for any benefit, but not penalty.

The Locks of Lancelot [General]
    You have long and lustrous hair... which always seems to give you a bit of luck and focus your reflexes even as it always seems to catch the right bit of breeze in the wind.
    Benefit: Your dashing and perfect hair grants you a bonus to your dexterity score equal to 1/2 your HD as a sacred bonus. In addition, you can add your dexterity modifier to your ranged weapon damage or substitute it for strength for melee damage.

The Beard of Boromir[General]
    You have long and lustrous hair... which seems to return all care you give to it back ten fold as it toughens up your body and cleanses your immune system.
    Benefit: Your vibrant and perfect hair grants you a bonus to your constitution score equal to 1/2 your HD as a sacred bonus. In addition, you gain a bonus to saving throws against disease or poison equal to your con mod and can choose to remain conscious at 0HP until -5HP +1 per HD, to even past -10.

The Mustache of Merlin[General]
    You have long and lustrous hair... which seems to serve as an extension of your brain, boosting your memory and ability to focus while retaining knowledge.
    Benefit: Your deep and perfect hair grants you a bonus to your intelligence score equal to 1/2 your HD as a sacred bonus. In addition, you can take ten on any skill even when you would not normally be able to. you can use any skill untrained as though you had three ranks in it.

The Hair of Helen [General]
    You have long and lustrous hair... Which creeps into the hearts of those around you inspiring love and lust.
    Benefit: Your magnificent and perfect hair grants you a bonus to your charisma score equal to 1/2 your HD as a sacred bonus. In addition, you are considered to two categories higher on any disposition of any creature. You may always make a diplomacy check to improve a creature's disposition towards you, even in the heat of battle.

The Braids of Delphi [General]
    You have long and lustrous hair... which seems to channel and focus your insight, giving you great wisdom among men.
    Benefit: Your reverent and perfect hair grants you a bonus to your wisdom score equal to 1/2 your HD as a sacred bonus. In addition, you gain an insight bonus to your AC equal to your wisdom modifier and can use your wisdom modifier in place of charisma for perform checks.
    Last edited by Cipher Stars; 2013-01-07 at 12:03 AM.

My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post

Long Hair [General]

(edit: Oddly, with some tweaking, this could actually become a Cosmic Imperator maneuver.)
    Rofl

I feel there should be a clause that changes it to the higher value if wearing a speedo. (Part of an Austrailian Mullet joke i heard)

Edit: Keep the silly feats coming
    Last edited by toapat; 2013-01-06 at 11:51 PM.
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

Drow avatar @ myself

14. - Top - End - #14

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post

Long Hair [General]

I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cipherthe3vil View Post

The Beard of Boromir[General]
    You have long and lustrous hair... which seems to return all care you give to it back ten fold as it toughens up your body and cleanses your immune system.
    Benefit: Your vibrant and perfect hair grants you a bonus to your constitution score equal to 1/2 your HD as a sacred bonus. In addition, you gain poison and disease resistance equal to your con mod and can choose to remain conscious at 0HP until -5HP.
    "poison and disease resistance" isn't a thing, but a bonus to saving throws is.

Also, the "staying alive at -5" thing is essentially +5 hp, but I'd like to see it scale with the other benefits.

The Mustache of Merlin[General]
    You have long and lustrous hair... which seems to serve as an extension of your brain, boosting your memory and ability to focus while retaining knowledge.
    Benefit: Your deep and perfect hair grants you a bonus to your intelligence score equal to 1/2 your HD as a sacred bonus. In addition, you can take ten on any skill even when you would not normally be able to. you can use any skill untrained as though you had three ranks in it.
    Hide yo kids, hide yo wifes and hide yo husbands cause this feat is really, really good. I can have a 13+stat mods on anything I want. Neato.
    Guess who's good at avatars? Thormag. That's who.

A Campaign Setting more than a year in the making, Patria!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

I feel like this has massively swung the other way; getting the ability to add (or double down on) charisma bonus to all rolls in an encounter is pretty amazing, and a +2 to all rolls is already a pretty huge bonus for a feat. These need to be toned down to actually be playable.
    You rang?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

It would seem that you may have forgotten a line from the feat in the first post.

"Normal: You can still play as Rapunzel but that mess is going to tangle."

Or something to that effect.
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2013-01-07 at 01:07 AM.
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Hair
    With a specially weighted ornament at the end of your hair, you have trained extensively in using your hair as a weapon.
    Prerequisite: Long Hair feat. Dexterity 16. Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Bullwhip
    Benefit: You are always considered to be wielding a bullwhip (reach 10', 1d4 damage). You may attack with this weapon even if your hands are full or restrained, but not if your body is immobilized.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Barbarian in the Playground

Should you not forget the Carpet of Powers? Austin Powers
    "Scary magical hoodoo and technology are the same thing; their difference is merely one of cultural context." - Arthur C. Clarke (paraphrased)

20. - Top - End - #20
    Halfling in the Playground

This keeps on getting sillier and sillier... and i like it
    LOOK AT ALL OF MY WEAPONS! LOOK AT THEM!

21. - Top - End - #21

keep in mind that feat ability score prerequisites are essentially always odd integers. prefer 13 or 15.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Oh, this is lovely.

Love it all.
    On a quest to marry Asmodeus, lord of the Nine Hells, or die trying.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Banned

Devil

Long Hair makes you better at Knowledge! And locating north in survival! And all other stupid combinations. Really? Are you a better jumper because you look like a John Frieda model?

What happens if you are bald, or Reptilian/scaled? The wording on "capable of seeing you" is abusaboe; unless you blind every single creature, and prevent yourself from being scried anywhere, you are "capable of being seen". Change it to "If you aware you are being watched, you may double your Charisma bonus on all non-combat uses of Charisma based skills.

Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope. In short? Change near enough everything to get me to like it.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    Long Hair makes you better at Knowledge! And locating north in survival! And all other stupid combinations. Really? Are you a better jumper because you look like a John Frieda model?

What happens if you are bald, or Reptilian/scaled? The wording on "capable of seeing you" is abusaboe; unless you blind every single creature, and prevent yourself from being scried anywhere, you are "capable of being seen". Change it to "If you aware you are being watched, you may double your Charisma bonus on all non-combat uses of Charisma based skills.

Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope. In short? Change near enough everything to get me to like it.
    I'm just going to go ahead and ask why you matter so much.

While I agree with your points, your last statement strikes me as absurdly self-important.
    On a quest to marry Asmodeus, lord of the Nine Hells, or die trying.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

you really come to a Cipher the evil thread and expect something serious, realistic, balanced, and Not hilarious?
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

Drow avatar @ myself

26. - Top - End - #26

"whether it be natural for your race or grown through benefit of this feat"
    If you do not have hair, or are of a hair-less race, you grow hair by benefit of this feat.
    Enjoy your long and wavy hair, Lizardman.

Quote Originally Posted by toapat View Post
    you really come to a Cipher the evil thread and expect something serious, realistic, balanced, and Not hilarious?
    T~T
    Quote Originally Posted by toapat View Post
    you really come to a thread about long hair and expect something serious, realistic, balanced, and Not hilarious?

My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Just because I generally hate untyped bonuses when there is a perfectly good typed bonus to use.

Long Hair [General]
    Benefit: Your long, smooth, perfect hair whether it be natural for your race or grown through benefit of this feat is alluring. You gain a +2 Circumstance bonus to every check you ever make.
    As a full-round action that may only be taken while a number of creatures equal to your charisma modifier (minimum 1) with an Intelligence of 1 or higher are capable of seeing you, you may create a persistent gust of dramatic wind that billows your hair majestically for the remainder of the encounter. While your hair is billowing, your bonus applies to all rolls and is increased by the number of creatures watching you (minimum 1).
    Special: If your hair is ever cut off for any reason, you lose this feat until your hair grows back (one month for every inch of hair cut off)

The number of creatures viewing you is always the same as your charisma modifier (minimum 1) so it can't be lower.

The Hair of Helen [General]
    You have long and lustrous hair...which seduces the hearts of those around you inspiring love and lust.

I think having hair creep into someone's heart is, well, creepy.

Otherwise, these are freaking brilliant!

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2013-01-08 at 12:05 PM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

28. - Top - End - #28

Lovely Locks
    [Transmutation]
    Level: Cleric 2, Sor/Wiz 2
    Components: V,S,M
    Casting Time: one minute
    Range: Touch
    Target: One living creature.
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Saving Throw: No
    Spell Resistance: No

Description:
    You rub your jazzyhands into the skull of a recipient in a nice massage. The recipient grows long and wavy hair that just absolutely shines. They grow long and perfect hair, even if they did not or could not normally have hair. They gain the Long Hair feat for free until the hair turns grey and falls off in 1d20 weeks.
    If the creature already has had the long hair feat, but lost it due to having their hair cut, this spell instead restores their hair permanently until cut again restoring their feat.

My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #29
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beard of Holding [General]
    You have long and lustrous hair... that you can use to stash extra items.
    Prerequisite: Long Hair feat
    Benefit: Your voluminous and perfect hair grants you the carrying capacity of a creature one size category larger.
    Last edited by Frathe; 2013-01-08 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Revision

30. - Top - End - #30

Quote Originally Posted by Frathe View Post
    Beard of Holding [General]
    You have long and lustrous hair... that you can use to stash extra items.
    Benefit: Your voluminous and perfect hair grants you the carrying capacity of a creature one size category larger.

Frizz Wiz [General]
    You have long and lustrous hair... that is incredibly curly and volu- is that a cat?
    Benefit: Your voluminous and perfect hair allows you to store things in your hair, giving you a +10 to checks made to conceal weapons or small creatures in your hair in addition to enhancing your carrying capacity to that ofa creature one size category larger. You can retrieve any item stored in your hair as a swift action.

Handy Haverlocks [General]
    You have long and lustrous hair... that is incredibly curly and volu- is that a cat?
    Prerequisite: Frizz Wiz or Beard of Holding, Charisma 16
    Benefit: Your hair is for all intends and purposes a bag of holding, no reaction to items such as a portable hole however, of a type equal to 1/4th your HD. Items in your trans-dimensional hair-space can be retrieved as a swift action.
    Last edited by Cipher Stars; 2013-01-08 at 10:54 PM.

My Homebrew