Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 222
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Sleuths of Sharn

    Spoiler
    Show


    Little Plains: Aryth 22, 999, 7am

    A small crowd has formed around Aryline's fountain as households have sent representatives to get water from the orange and grey garbed priests purifying it by the bucketful. Some junior members of the watch stand around, watchful against any threat of a riot. Upon seeing the skycoach bearing the azure emblem of the city watch, and you.

    Earlier this morning, a servant out to draw water for the household contacted the city watch. From under the waters of the Aryline's Fountain a gnome was staring up with a hideous face; a dead gnome that is.

    You are not fully out of the coach when a glammerweave clad reporter, if you can call them that, of the Sharn Inquisitive approaches you, stylus pressed against his reporter's wax tablet.

    "Essel Hmar for the Sharn Inquisitive..."starts the dwarf.
    Last edited by Gildedragon; 2013-01-23 at 09:44 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    London, England

    Default Re: Sleuths of Sharn

    Erna sits in the coach, scowling at the crowds. How had Prometheus convinced her to return to the murder scene in a gods-forsaken flying coach? Surely he didn't believe the killer would return to the scene?

    Spoiler
    Show
    One of you will beat a 10, initiativewise. Further response withheld.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Artman77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sleuths of Sharn

    Ahh, what a beautiful day it is, thinks Prometheus as he strolls idly down the city street. It has been awhile since I've been in this part of town, and halflings are always such good company. Suddenly a young boy runs past him. Then another. And another. Followed by men and women all talking excitedly. A crowd is gathering in the street less than a block away.

    The fountain.

    The feeling in the air changes and Prometheus can sense it. He immediately ducks into an alley and dons the large heavy hood of his traveler's cloak. He pops back out to assess the situation. Lots of hushed conversations. Panic. Surprise. Curiosity. Shock. Probably another body... he thinks. He begins walking along the edge of the building.

    Keeping his distance from the crowd, he begins silently detecting evil, scanning the faces of those on the edges of the crowd and of those in the nearby connecting streets for any sign of guilt, anxiety or trepidation. The killer wouldn't likely hang about, but it never hurts to be through...

    After making his way slowly in a circle and detecting the presence of evil or lack thereof of those in the crowd, Prometheus approaches. Where is Erna? he wonders, scanning the faces of the watch and not finding her among them, I thought she would be here by now... He pulls back his hood revealing his chrome countenance, and is about to thank the priests for purifying the water when he is interrupted by the little dwarf.

    "Essel," acknowledges Prometheus, and a smile spreads across his face as he sees the coach approaching, "Here comes the woman best equipped to see to your concerns," he replies, gesturing towards the coach as it pulls up. He then thanks the priests, and heads over to the edge of the fountain to examine the scene. He looks at the members of the watch to see if he recognizes any of them.
    Last edited by Artman77; 2013-01-10 at 01:36 AM. Reason: speech/though color

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sleuths of Sharn

    Prometheus:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Detect evil registers the usual hodgepodge of selfishness, greed and ill-will that comprises roughly a third of the population. The area around the fountain, however, causes a strange sensation in you, unlike anything you've felt before, and it is bad.


    "...here to ask you if the recent murder of a gnome here in Little Plains is indicative of racial tension between halflings and their up neighbors? Does the Sharn watch have a suspect in custody? How long will the Watch let the Gnome Skewer rampage loose through the city? Are rumors of vigilantism among Watch Officials true?" fires the dwarf rapidly at Erna, readily capturing any hesitance or titubation for the next morning's paper.

    Prometheus, moving away from the interview and closer to the core of the mob notices that the fountain is in the shade of several walkways above, and that a body could have been tossed from many stories up into the fountain. A more thorough examination of the crime scene has to wait as your walking has been misconstrued by several of the halflings as cutting into the line for water, and by the guards as an attempt to stride into a crime-scene or to spark a riot. "To the back!" yell several halflings along with shouts of "No cutting", "Whaddya need water for!" and "Back to the smelters cog-breath".

    A guard, young though visibly roughened by the streets, approaches Prometheus. "Unless you're here to purify the waters, I will have to ask you to go away mis..ddam" he says, mumbling the last word. "This street is closed on basis of ongoing investigations."
    Last edited by Gildedragon; 2013-01-12 at 08:38 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    London, England

    Default Re: Sleuths of Sharn

    Erna

    The reporter certainly gets his hesitation, as Erna is entirely unprepared for the attention and commotion that violent crime gets in the upper levels of Sharn. Eyes narrowing, she brushes past him, growling, "Just let me get to work." Perhaps Rykon might want to tarry and say more, but Erna just wants to get the investigation started--this is murder and worse, not some frivolous petty crime.

    She approaches the cordon, where the warforged is confronted by a watchman. "He's with me, officer," Erna asserts as she passes the line of watchmen. As the two approach the fountain itself, she addresses the construct directly. "You certainly got here in a hurry. Know anything that I should know?" Prometheus had surprised her before with his knowledge, and perhaps he's swept onto the scene due to some unknown bird whispering in his ear.

    As they arrive at the well itself, she begins to survey the scene once more.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I assume the gnome himself has long since been removed to the morgue...
    She begins listing off the tasks ahead for the day on a small notepad.

    -Identify the gnome, and anyone with obvious motive to off him
    -Find which bridges and balconies could have been the location of the dump
    -Ask around for anyone who might've witnessed it--SOMEBODY would've heard a falling body and a splash

    Erna suspected this list would grow before the day was out.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sleuths of Sharn

    The dwarf seems somewhat offput by your reaction, and starts to follow you, but the crowd that parts to let you through to the fountain shuts promptly behind you.

    As the guards recognize you there is an air of relief. Now that you're here the fountain may returned to working order and things go back to normal.

    The body is, as expected, absent. The red-robed clerics of Death's Guardian are uncannily efficient at removing and embalming bodies. The gnome is bound to be found in one of the many mortuary chambers of their cathedral, adjacent to the University, awaiting examination and claiming, and rites. The area around the fountain has, however, been kept intact (with the value of intact being somewhat suspect). There are many visible footprints and tracks, the palimpset of the early morning hustle made visible by the dusting of sand in the area.
    By examining it it becomes obvious that the corpse was something of an attraction until it was removed.
    That there is sand this high up is somewhat unusual, as is the fact that a fair amount is piled in the fountain, beneath, apparently, the gnome's body. Sifting through the sand yields a couple blue-glass beads and little else.

    "We have the servant that reported the body in custody, Sir" says one of the guards to Erna, a rather burly half elf with a lavishly groomed mustache.
    Last edited by Gildedragon; 2013-01-14 at 11:24 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    London, England

    Default Re: Sleuths of Sharn

    Erna

    Erna snarls, dissatisfied at the nearly fruitless search. She drops the beads into her pouch. "You see nothing else, Prometheus? Let's examine the corpse, then talk to the witness." She turns to the guardsman. "Please make her comfortable, order her a meal or something while she waits." She's much more worried that the ever-efficient priests will dispose of the body than that the servant will forget anything.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I assume that Erna's Investigation feat is doing whatever magic it does behind the scenes? Or should I be saying, "I roll to check for clues" at each location?

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sleuths of Sharn

    Ruby Halls, University District: Aryth 22, 999, 8:05 AM

    Abutted against Morgrave University's walls rises the thin narrow spire that is the Temple of the Ruby of Knowledge Unending, its grey limestone walls decorated in lavish red sandstone carvings of arcane matters that alude to more carnal practices; it is not hard to figure out why locals have taken to calling it "The Blushing Tower". The brass-bound doors to the temple let you in with ease. The sanctuary is noticeably warm with the heat of a myriad red crystal lamps burn perfumed oils, hanging from silken ropes. Dozens of steel-grey stone pillars flecked with red are inscribed from capital to base in runes and skulls and flames. The temple is silent as the tomb, with only your steps echoing in the lamp-lit chamber.

    "May I assist you?" Asks a voice behind you. A pale-faced changeling dressed in red robes and adorned with delicate iron jewelry speaks to you. "I am Iso, servant of the goddess and a caretaker of the tower"

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Artman77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sleuths of Sharn

    "Sorry. Excuse me." Says Prometheus as politely as he can, squeezing his bulky frame between the members of the crowd. He continues to inspect the fountain, making his way over to Erna.

    "Anything you should know? I was going to ask you the same thing. He could have jumped or been pushed. Either way, I've seen bodies left in the streets before, but not like this. I'm getting a baaad feeling about this one." He looks up at the walkways overhead, and then down at the sand around the fountain. If he fell, there would have been a splash, and little droplets of water would have made circles in the sand. Surely a fall from that height would make a sizable splash and the footsteps wouldn't have trampled them all.

    "You should get to the body. Make sure to check for the presence or absence of alcohol, poisons, or curses--And maybe have some of these guys check the walkways above." He gestures towards the guards.
    "I'll remain here to talk to any witnesses and scope out the situation."


    Prometheus then makes his way out of the crowd, and spends the next few minutes talking to the people in nearby shops and connecting streets, checking facial expressions and detecting evil periodically.

    He then heads up to the first walkway(unless spot check causes him to go to another one first), inspects the entire length of it, paying careful attention when he nears the area above the fountain. He checks for blood and sand.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I take a 20 to search for evaporated water droplets in the sand from a large splash.
    (1d20+2)[12] Spot check for any broken windows, blood or loose stones/broken rungs or railings on the walkways above.
    (1d20+9)[18] Diplomacy to encourage potential witnesses to talk to me.
    (1d20+3)[10] Gather Information on anything out of the ordinary this morning and/or the day before, as well as the general feeling towards gnomes in this area, to see if I think it could have been a hate crime.
    (1d20)[13] K. Arcana to see if I know of any spell that uses or produces sand or blue glass beads. I suspect a sand golem.

    I take a 20 on searching each walkway, starting with the closest and working my way up(unless spot check makes me pick another one first). More rolls for potential witnesses/informants:
    (1d20+9)[17] Diplomacy
    (1d20+3)[9] Gather Information

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sleuths of Sharn

    Little Plains: Aryth 22, 999, 8:30am
    Prometheus is examining the floor, the sand is, for the most part, dry. As he examines a couple of the higher walkways he finds the rails, cobbles and other fixtures of the city complete. Though upon close examination of the rain drains of Pteria street he finds traces of sand, though the street has been rendered clean, as transit in these streets has not been stopped as it was by the fountain.

    The warforged's search for witnesses proves fruitless, as Prometheus's imposing presence, the nature of the crime, and the late hours seem to drive all those who may have seen anything to keep their mouths shut; about the incident at least; though one resident of the street below Pteria remembers the city lights being dark late at night; no she doesn't remember the hour, she had to use the toilet and just remembers tripping en-route because it was so dark.
    The relationships regarding gnomes and halflings proves trickier to discern. Certain halflings, such as a band of youth flying on the strange winged reptiles imported from the plains, appear indifferent and perhaps mutedly hostile towards their upstairs neighbors, whereas others are appalled that such a crime could even occur in the Little Plains. Nonetheless, you manage to convince several of the locals to keep an ear out and inform the guards of anything they may hear or remember in the following days.

    It is several hours later that the warforged is done scouting the district, and as he examines the sand in his palm, he remembers having heard of magic capable of shaping, controlling, and transforming sand into objects and viceversa. This sand is, as far as he can tell, completely mundane stuff; impressively pale, but not palpably magical in any way.
    Last edited by Gildedragon; 2013-01-22 at 11:16 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    England.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sleuths of Sharn

    Pen ir'Embrace

    Pen leans over the dwarven reporter and smiles, "Excuse me, Sir. Did you say you were Essel Hmar? You wrote about dock workers and their strike last month, didn't you? Wonderful piece if I recall. That was you, wasn't it?" Though a foot taller than Hmar in his human guise he stands up straight. Some dwarves are very sensitive about their lack of height and despise having others bend down to match their level. "I'm Pen, Pen ir'Embrace. I'm with Morgrave University. The historical acquisitions department. Tell me, Essel, may I call you Essel? Tell me, have you worked the crowd already? What have they been saying? Anything useful to we investigators?" He gestures expansively as he talks, putting his arm around the dwarf, co-conspirators in this endeavour, "Quid pro quo, as they used to say when the Five Nations was young."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative (1d20+3)[9] as requested
    Disguise Check (1d20+18)[36] to pass for human including -2 for being a different race
    Diplomacy Check (1d20+3)[17] to charm the dwarf
    Bluff Check (1d20+12)[30] to hint that this is an exchange of information.
    I didn't choose the life of a murderhobo, it chose me.
    Spoiler
    Show

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sleuths of Sharn

    Little Plains: Aryth 22, 999, 8:30am

    The dwarf is in the process of retiring for the morning, having finished his coverage of the area, when Pen arrives. "Are you implying something Mr. Pen?" he says, briskly walking toward the district's limit, his sturdy boots thumping along the arching streets with remarkable speed for a dwarf. "I would reply to your question, Mr. Pen, with one of my own: What is the death of a gnome in a halfling neighborhood to a university man such as yourself?" He grins as he pushes the door to the tavern open. The name of the place is Tinderbreech Tavern, one of the few human-sized doors in the neighborhood. "Quid pro quo you said, well give me some quid for my quo and we can talk" he says, seating himself at one of the tables inside. The ceiling is slightly too small for Pen to be entirely comfortable, and the furniture makes the changeling feel like a half-ogre. "So Mr. Pen, care to take a seat, order us some drinks, a white for me, and tell me what your interests are in this matter?"

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    London, England

    Default Re: Sleuths of Sharn

    Erna

    "Yes, Iso," replied Erna, "You can help me. I'm here to inspect the body of the gnome found in a well this morning. Do you have him here? And have you noticed anything about him in the course of your ministrations?"

    Erna accompanies the priest, inspecting the corpse and asking a series of questions as she combs the body for answers to the selfsame.
    "What was the cause of death? Was he dead before he went in the well?"
    "From his condition, can you ascertain how high he fell from?"
    "Do you know his name? Have any kin showed up?"
    "Did his body have any clothes? Any personal effects?"

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sleuths of Sharn

    Ruby Halls, University District: Aryth 22, 999, 8:05 AM

    Erna is led down spiral staircases and inscribed corridors, their feet thumping quietly down the halls. "Ah, the Little Plains fellow." remarks Iso. "Yes we have him; and there are a couple of... irregularities one could say. But we can talk about those later" the changeling's voice is affectedly distant and mysterious. "For first, I believe it is proper to interrogate the victim." The changeling turns to Erna as they reach a large black door. "That is, if you desire to do so."

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    England.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sleuths of Sharn

    "Certainly, Essel," Pen orders a jug of white and a jug of water with two cups and sits down opposite the dwarf. "I'll go first as is only fair. This death is unusual as you could clearly see. Sometimes the local law ask me to consult for them. I offer freelance consultation in magic, languages, foreign culture, history, that kind of thing. Not that the watch couldn't figure it all out for themselves, of course. It's just that sometimes it's more efficient to bring someone else in from outside with the specialist knowledge. With the unusual circumstances, they suspected magical intervention." Pen pours wine for them both when it arrives and tops his own up with plenty of water. "So, what have you gleaned from the crowd?"
    I didn't choose the life of a murderhobo, it chose me.
    Spoiler
    Show

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sleuths of Sharn

    Little Plains: Aryth 22, 999, 8:36am

    "Mister Pen, you can wait one night, surely" he said, bemused, tilting back his cup. "It will be in the Inquisitive come morning. Besides, how do I know you work for law enforcement?" he snorts. "But there is little enough to know. Some gnome, killed, no one saw nothing. Might be gangs, might be an assassin and that gnome killed a high ranking member of House Sivis. Wouldn't that be a story? But I didn't get to see the body, those red-robed necromancers got to it before I did. That enough pro quo for a pitcher of wine I'd believe." He's been downing the wine quite vigorously, and with those words he stands. "But do not misunderstand me Mr. Pen, I do not think it is normal. No one seeing anything, no one hearing anything? I expect murder victims to squeal, particularly in a middle class district like this one. Let me know if you and your 'friends' in the 'law' " he fingerquotes those words, obviously not buying you're in with the guards. "find anything out. Here's my card. And I'll make sure there is plenty quidding and pro quoing happening" with that he hands you a thick cardstock card, with his name and an address printed on it.

    Essel Hmar, Reporter: Sharn Inquisitive
    51-25-C Zalantar Path, Cornerstone, Middle Tavick's Landing, Sharn
    Last edited by Gildedragon; 2013-01-23 at 03:27 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    England.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sleuths of Sharn

    "You've been very helpful, thank you. Who was the first victim by the way?" Pen stands as the dwarf does and takes his card, returning one of his own as he does so. "If you find anything else out, please let me know and I'll be sure to do the same, at least as far as I can. Deal?"

    After paying for the wine Pen makes his way to Ruby Halls to catch up with the other investigators and to share what he has learned.
    I didn't choose the life of a murderhobo, it chose me.
    Spoiler
    Show

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Artman77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sleuths of Sharn

    Prometheus checks the sun's position in the sky. He had been checking the streets and bridges for clues for quite some time, and also had been trying to find other potential witnesses, but to no avail.

    As he hurried through the streets towards Morgrave University, he wondered if Erna would be done with the inspection of the body. Probably, he thought, but then again you never know... Hopefully if she had concluded her inspection he could still get to the university by the time she left.

    Spoiler
    Show
    If Prometheus doesn't pass Erna on the street, he asks if she is still inspecting the body once he gets there.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    London, England

    Default Re: Sleuths of Sharn

    Erna

    Erna glups slightly. "You mean necromancy?" She isn't used to such wizardry in the poorer areas she she works in--even a murdered corpse there is rarely worth a spell. She steels herself to talk to the dead. "Yes, yes, we'd better see what he has to say." She follows the priest's lead, head spinning with the additional questions she might ask the victim himself.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Visturon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    a field of fallen heroes
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sleuths of Sharn

    Rykon

    As Pen arrives at the the Ruby Hall, a young nobleman is stepping out of a sky carriage. He is wearing noble's finery and silver jewelry but is not wearing a coat. His purple vest, black gloves, and black boots are all trimmed with a (by noble standards) humble amount of silver embroidery. His brown hair is a bit long, almost shaggy but not quite long enough to tie back. As he steps from the carriage he looks around with very piercing green eyes that seem to take in everything and runs a hand through his hair slicking it back.

    Rykon then heads inside as Pen asks to be shown to the gnome's corpse, "You must be the man from the University. I am Lord Rykon." Then addressing more to the keeper than to Pen, "I too am here to see the victim from this mornings goings on."
    I want to meet Death, Cupid, the Creator, and a moose.

    Death so I can stare him down, Cupid so I can smack him upside the head, the Creator for a favor, and a moose because they smell funny.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    England.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sleuths of Sharn

    "Lord Rykon," Pen looks up at the taller man then bows from the waist, "After you, Sir." It was always worthwhile ingratiating oneself to the nobility. "May I ask what your interest is in this...um...unpleasantness? Was the victim known to you?"
    I didn't choose the life of a murderhobo, it chose me.
    Spoiler
    Show

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sleuths of Sharn

    Ruby Halls, University District: Aryth 22, 999, 8:10 AM
    Inner Chapels
    "Yes." says the priest, pushing the door open. "The temple is running this service pro-bono, a way of showing the social benefits of necromancy" A flash of recollection passes the cleric and reaches into their sleeves before pulling out a wooden red-laquered flaming skull on a thin leather cord. "But before we go any further, please hold onto this. It should ward you from the effects of our inner chambers"

    The hall behind the door is a vast colonnade, filled with thick niche-filled pillars rising twenty feet up. The walls, ceiling and floor are pitch black, with small inscriptions running across their length and breadth. The room is uncannily cold, and Erna's breath mists up as they walk through it. As the pillars are passed Erna notices that many of the niches are filled with ash urns and bone-boxes, all with small brass labels.

    "These are our records" explains the changeling as Iso and Erna move across the room to another door, leading into a more intimate room; a chapel in a less necromantic church.
    Here, instead, it is a room of burnished white, the air rich with incense smoke and illuminated by dragonshards of daylight set in the walls. On an indented marble slab rests a naked gnome, the skin pale with death. Two other clerics wait there. "You must be Officer Hatheril. Pleasure to meet you" says the taller one in a deep bass, stretching out a hand. "I am Tiromanus, necromancer for the temple, I will be in charge of the medical examination. "And this is Priest Andara, who will be conducting the rites. Pardon her silence, Watchman, but she has undertaken a vow of silence to better focus her power." The woman nods and smiles, before placing her hands over the body. An aura of magical light envelops her. "You will have three questions" explains Iso as the priestess lowers her arms. The corpse does not react. She frowns and repeats the procedure. The gnome shows no change.
    "That is odd" she says. "The body is not responding."

    Ruby Halls, University District: Aryth 22, 999, 8:06 AM
    Outside
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am aware Pen ought to have arrived at :01, by travel times, but not retconning stuff. Too messy


    Rykon and Pen reach the Blushing Tower, inside there are few signs of life, though a feel of being watched pervades the prayer-hall. The perfume of roses and lilies still permeates the chamber, the left-overs of a marriage ceremony.
    Last edited by Gildedragon; 2013-01-23 at 06:06 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Visturon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    a field of fallen heroes
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sleuths of Sharn

    Rykon

    "No, I did not know him. Professor? Embrak? Is it?" He says inquiring as to Pen's name and title, clearly seeing the title as equally important. "I provide my services to the watch from time to time, it seems that occasionally crimes below are tied back to individuals up above." He says this with a crooked half smile and a slight chuckle.
    I want to meet Death, Cupid, the Creator, and a moose.

    Death so I can stare him down, Cupid so I can smack him upside the head, the Creator for a favor, and a moose because they smell funny.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    London, England

    Default Re: Sleuths of Sharn

    Erna

    "Hmmm." Erna thinks through what few things she knows of wizardry. "Does that mean the gnome doesn't want to talk to us? Or is something more troubling and devious going on?"

    Even so, Erna hadn't planned on talking with the dead--at best it was a nice bonus, and more likely a shiver-inducing possibility. "Shall I inspect the body more conventionally, then?"

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sleuths of Sharn

    Ruby Halls, University District: Aryth 22, 999, 8:23 AM
    Inner Chapels


    "The gnome has nothing to do with this" explains Iso. "This magic works on the body, on its knowledge." Andara nods, looking visibly irritated. "As to how troubling and devious it may be" starts Tiromanus. "has to do with what you think of this body having already been magically interrogated. Not here, or by our retrieving priests, I assure you. It takes a week before the body is suitable for examination again."
    "Necromancer Tiromanus will conduct the dissection, unless you have any objections" says Iso. "Meanwhile you may wait in one of our parlors there are refreshments and warm drinks to be had. Or do you wish to examine the procedure or victim's personal effects?"
    Last edited by Gildedragon; 2013-01-23 at 10:51 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    London, England

    Default Re: Sleuths of Sharn

    Erna

    "I see." Erna didn't, not really; someone else had interrogated the gnome post-mortem, she understood that, but the mystical limitations confused her somewhat. "You'll be able to ask the gnome in a week or so, even if you dissect him? In any case, I should watch. And I will need to see his effects before I leave, but thanks for the offer."

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    England.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sleuths of Sharn

    "Embrace, after the town," Pen doesn't mention that the town was in Cyre and doesn't exist any more, "Shall we proceed, my Lord?" Pen follows the noble along the corridor, a pace behind him and to the right.

    "Tell me Lord Rykon, there was an art exhibition a month ago at the University showing Wilhelmina d'Lyrander's 'War' exhibit. It was the one with the animated shells of warforged and the illusions of light and sound of battle. Very moving. Were you there? I seem to remember that someone bought 'Titan Head in Repose' and there was a huge fuss about the extravagant cost. Was that you?" What Pen really remembers is a boring exhibition with wealthy people looking down their noses at a skinny half elf trying to get someone to commission her work but pandering to nobles was getting to be second nature to him now.
    I didn't choose the life of a murderhobo, it chose me.
    Spoiler
    Show

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sleuths of Sharn

    Ruby Halls, University District: Aryth 22, 999, 8:07 AM
    Outside

    As the mage and vigilante discuss matters of art and high culture, the heavy echoing sound of metal on marble fills the hall. Prometheus arrives to the hall, his exquisite mithril plating polished to a shine.

    The warforged's steps seem to echo further, because soon there is a red-robed acolyte, towering high over you "May I be of assistance" says the half-ogre.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Artman77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sleuths of Sharn

    "Indeed," he answers, "I am Prometheus, I have come to examine the body of the Gnome found dead in the fountain earlier this morning and discuss the findings with Erna. Can you tell me if she is still here?"

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sleuths of Sharn

    "Master Prometheus. Officer Erna is currently communing with our clergy. But if you will, I may lead you to the deceased's effects. Identification if you will. We cannot allow just anyone to handle the...ah... evidence" the ogre's smile is ambiguous in its implications.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •