New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default i would like to order a new prestige class(i will pay some praise and gratitude)

okay, so, i have some players who want unorthodox roles (read all about em here http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267317), and they want non-standard prestige classes. normally, i do my home-brew myself, but, i am really lousy at classes, sooo, i turn to this community, the first one probably already exists, he reads oots and wants a class like elan has, a dashing swordsman, but i couldn't find one, if someone has come across one before, plse post link. second is a highly charismatic fighter who wants to be a warlord, and i have found a few of those, but i won't have any of them in my campaign so, i turn to this community, i want a warlord class that does not require an evil alignment, a wartime leader-type person, charismatic, strong, and with the ability to lead his followers to glory, will owe you one if you can find or make this

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: i would like to order a new prestige class(i will pay some praise and gratitude)

well there was a fighter fix that basically made it a warlord... it was a "x class done right" I think? Not sure though.
    You could also make dread pirate not need a boat or anything.

here is elan's class
    Avatar by Szilard, thank you sir for the fine work!

my home brew. you should PEACH them...
    Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: i would like to order a new prestige class(i will pay some praise and gratitude)

Dashing Swordsman as-shown is sort of a joke class, what with the focus on breaking the fourth wall and...well, jokes. You want that, or do you just want the "charismatic fighter with an eye for drama" idea but more serious?
    As for the warlord, the idea is that he'd be leading substantially-lower-level people?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, if you're willing to do a little legwork at conversions (or are playing Pathfinder already) there is a prestige class that does exactly what it is you want for a warlord, called a Battle Herald. Its a bard/cavalier prestige class, but there's no reason why you couldn't make some adjustments to it to make it work for your purposes.

-X
    Chris Bennett
    Author and Lead Developer of Path of War
    Freelancer

My credits:
    Path of War and Path of War Expanded: An OGL Tome of Battle for the Pathfinder game system, for Dreamscarred Press.
    Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warrior and Psionics Augmented: Soulknife for Dreamscarred Press.

My extended homebrew signature!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ErrantX View Post
    Well, if you're willing to do a little legwork at conversions (or are playing Pathfinder already) there is a prestige class that does exactly what it is you want for a warlord, called a Battle Herald. Its a bard/cavalier prestige class, but there's no reason why you couldn't make some adjustments to it to make it work for your purposes.

-X
    THANK YOU SO MUCH, WHAT IS PATHFINDER THOUGH (IM STILL new to gaming)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tardisvalkyrie View Post
    Pathfinder is essentially D&D 3.75. Most rules for Pathfinder are pretty similar. There are some changes that do make a difference (skills for example work slightly differently in Pathfinder). Pathfinder's rules can be found here, and this is an excellent guide to the major differences between PF and 3.5
    My homebrew:

Spoiler
    Show

Completed:
    ToB disciplines:

The Narrow Bridge
    The Broken Blade

Prestige classess:
    Disciple of Karsus -PrC for Karsites.
    The Seekers of Lost Swords and the Preserver of Future Blades Two interelated Tome of Battle Prcs,
    Master of the Hidden Seal - Binder/Divine hybrid
    Knight of the Grave- Necromancy using Gish

Worthwhile links:

Age of Warriors

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tardisvalkyrie View Post
    You are most welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaZ View Post
    Pathfinder is essentially D&D 3.75. Most rules for Pathfinder are pretty similar. There are some changes that do make a difference (skills for example work slightly differently in Pathfinder). Pathfinder's rules can be found here, and this is an excellent guide to the major differences between PF and 3.5
    Pretty much what he said, the website d20pfsrd.com is essentially all the mainbooks and a great many of the splatbooks gathered in one location, allowing you to essentially play the game for free from the website.

-X
    Chris Bennett
    Author and Lead Developer of Path of War
    Freelancer

My credits:
    Path of War and Path of War Expanded: An OGL Tome of Battle for the Pathfinder game system, for Dreamscarred Press.
    Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warrior and Psionics Augmented: Soulknife for Dreamscarred Press.

My extended homebrew signature!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

Panachier is sort of Elan-like. Only take it if you enjoy delivering long, florid insults, though.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

Shamurai is a prestige class which could function as your dashing swordsman, with a bard, factotum, or jester base.
    (member in good standing of the troll-feeder's guild)

I am the assassin of productivity.

Super boss Muscle Wizard avvie by Ceika.

gitp extended sig
    minmaxboards extended sig (more stuff)