Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Sawagakure: village hidden in the valley-marsh(ooc thread)

Link back to the recruiting thread.
    IC link(not up yet).

Big 16(for reference);
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
    d20 modern

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
    Naruto d20

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
    however many we have at the moment

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
    Play by post

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
    level 4 seems like a good starting spot, as it leaves a level to get used to characters before moving to Chuunin(the op did mention starting at fifth, but 4th gives a little bit of extra room)

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
    standard starting bonus to determine starting equipment, but after that part, switching to Ryo(near the back of the rules for Naruto d20) sounds like a more fun method for the campaign itself. I'd say treat your wealth bonus after character creation as it's Purchase DC to Ryo amount once game play starts.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
    Any class is fine :)

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
    Humans would probably be best, given the setting.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
    Max HP per class level(applies to everything with class levels), 32 point buy,

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
    it's base don d20 modern, so there are no set rules for alignments.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
    Multi-classing is fine, and as a houserule I always use, there are no penalties for doing so

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
    I'll roll initiative if you end up ambushed, and npc rolls, PC rolls are left to the players.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
    The following optional rules form the rulebook will be used, since they sound like they could make it more fun;
    The Hostage Maneuver variant(since it seems interesting)
    The Reflex Saves & Movement Penalties variant(since it gives more meaning to crowd control effects)
    The Saving Scores variant(since it looks easier to use in pbp format then the normal method)
    The Unarmed Lethal Damage variant(since it makes unarmed attacks viable without a ton of feats)
    The 3E/3,5/PF Style Non-Lethal Damage variant(since it's more useful then the default in high power settings)
    Mastercraft bonuses can go up to +5.
    and the Reach variant(a creature with reach can reach behind something if it's at least twice as tall as whatever is blocking it) and Run Speed(shinobi, and other characters with player class levels may run at a maximum of x5 speed instead of the normal x4) variant

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
    Long enough to explain why your character is where he is now would be useful, though it doesn't need to detail his history. At least one contact/relative would be useful though.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
    a combination.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-(....last bit got cut off when I copy/pasted the big 16)
    the d20 modern core rulebook, and the naruto d20 rulebooks are available.

Sawagakure;
    Stats;
    Full Name: Sawagakure no Sato(the village hidden in the marsh/valley)
    Statistics: Minor Medium Village(aprox. 1000 civilians and 150 shinobi)
    Symbols: The Sawagakure sigil, sigil of Kaminari no Kuni.
    Colours: olive green, orange
    Favored Weapons(melee): knuckle blades, staves, kanabo, shuko & ashiko.
    Favored Weapons(ranged): blowguns, kunai, hand-crossbows.
    Common plants: hazel trees, berry bushes(many varieties), celery, cat-tails, small herbs(many varieties), water chestnut, lotuses, dense moss.
    Common Animals: elk, boars, moose, water fowl, woodpeckers, fruit bats, bulldog bats, toads, small frogs, catfish, crawdads, bears(mostly sun bears).

Description;
    Sawagakure is a fairly small shinobi village, located half a day's travel from the eastern coast of Kaminari no Kuni.
    It is located inside of a large marsh(named Fuyu-Numa; winter bog), and uses it's semi proximity to the sea, and the rare herbs that grow in it, as sources of income to help support itself.
    Sawagakure has come to often rely on simpler weapons then most villages, as the moisture of the air can damage many complex devices if stored in the open.
    The village is currently run by Mirusho Rurou, an elderly shinobi, though not a true Kage, skilled at the use of chakra control techniques, as well as suiton ninjutsu.

Characters(and text colours):
    Togath/GM/NPC Speech: Dark Green/Slate Grey
    Dethkruzer/Katsumi Miyamoto: Sienna
    EdroGrimshell/Kagami Kurotsuchi: Blue
    Stolichnaya/Sugimura Shogo: Navy
    WhiteMageSavant/Oonishi Kyouya: Orange
    Last edited by Togath; 2013-01-15 at 11:12 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Sawagakure: village hidden in the valley-marsh(ooc thread)

Did you get my sheet? I noticed there wasn't a link on my character name.

Here it is again, if you need it.
    Last edited by WhiteMageSavant; 2013-01-13 at 03:23 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteMageSavant View Post
    Did you get my sheet? I noticed there wasn't a link on my character name.

Here it is again, if you need it.
    Aye I did, thank you for reposting it :)
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Going with Blue for Kagami

Need to stat these up now
    Spoiler
    Show
    Chakra no Kumori (Chakra Shadow)
    A augmentation technique that increases speed greatly as well as augmenting reaction time. It causes the body to overheat and thus damages the body, but gives a boost strong enough to offset it (it's the Hachimon lite essentially and mimics the effects of the haste spell. I'm thinking a chakra cost of 3-5 with Mastery boosting the bonuses). Probably a B-Rank technique, so I can't have this one yet most likely, will develop it in game most likely.

Azakeri Tsuchi (Scorn Earth)
    Uses the principle of Kinobori pushed to the extreme to lift the person off the ground and hover high enough over it to ignore terrain effects. C-Rank, most likely, but probably still in range for my character. Relatively high Chakra cost but with a fairly good duration too. Would Require Kinobori and Tadayou (Tree and Water Walking). Rank 5, so, I'd have to get it next level as a Chunin most likely

Kawa no Tetsu Yoroi (Iron Skin Armor)
    Kawa no Yoroi pushed farther. Requires a few ranks of mastery but is otherwise just a stronger version of the technique. Kawa no Yoroi that grants a +3 bonus instead and mastery improves the bonus, duration, or chakra cost as it goes up until full mastery.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EdroGrimshell View Post
    Going with Blue for Kagami

Need to stat these up now
    Spoiler
    Show
    A augmentation technique that increases speed greatly as well as augmenting reaction time. It causes the body to overheat and thus damages the body, but gives a boost strong enough to offset it (it's the Hachimon lite essentially and mimics the effects of the haste spell. I'm thinking a chakra cost of 3-5 with Mastery boosting the bonuses). Probably a B-Rank technique, so I can't have this one yet most likely, will develop it in game most likely.

Uses the principle of Kinobori pushed to the extreme to lift the person off the ground and hover high enough over it to ignore terrain effects. C-Rank, most likely, but probably still in range for my character. Relatively high Chakra cost but with a fairly good duration too. Would Require Kinobori and Tadayou (Tree and Water Walking). Rank 5, so, I'd have to get it next level as a Chunin most likely

Kawa no Yoroi pushed farther. Requires a few ranks of mastery but is otherwise just a stronger version of the technique. Kawa no Yoroi that grants a +3 bonus instead and mastery improves the bonus, duration, or chakra cost as it goes up until full mastery.
    seems fine, should you or I try to finish statting them out?,
    Haste(3.5/pf version) seems like a good effect to try to base Chakra no Kumori on(assuming you mean 3.5 haste) as you said, and Kawa no Tetsu Yoroi and Azakeri Tsuchi seem fairly balanced so far as well.
    Meow(Steam page)

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    seems fine, should you or I try to finish statting them out?,
    Haste(3.5/pf version) seems like a good effect to try to base Chakra no Kumori on(assuming you mean 3.5 haste) as you said, and Kawa no Tetsu Yoroi and Azakeri Tsuchi seem fairly balanced so far as well.
    I'd prefer you did, it'd be balanced the way you'd want rather than the way I want. And yes, it's based on 3.5 Haste.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd prefer you did, it'd be balanced the way you'd want rather than the way I want. And yes, it's based on 3.5 Haste.
    Ok, I should have them up later tonight, or tomarrow morning then.
    Meow(Steam page)

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Made some last minute adjustments to my character sheet. I couldn't deal with how spread out my ability scores were so I shifted gears and changed my summon choice from tenryuu (imperial wyrm) to kyouryuu (tyrant). The healing would have been nice but the versatility I get makes up for it. Not to mention I'm a bit more capable in combat this way.

Also I added a bit to my background to get a little more into Kyouya's motivation. But it really is only a little.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shortly after graduating Kyouya's development as a ninja came to a halt when he collapsed in the middle of a mission near the village boarder. Shuji was the one to find him stuck in the mud of Fuyu Numa, and bring him back to the household before succumbing to the disease as well. It took time for the boys to regain use of their chakra, and the experience seemed to push Shuji that much harder. Kyouya, on the other hand, was left scarred. His own body turned in on itself to attack him, leaving him helpless. Over the next couple years rehabilitation hardly had any effect. He was broken. In a final effort to redeem the son of the clan head, the family organized an old ceremony to call upon the creatures naturally attuned with the boy. The visions that ensued were tough to read. Usually the image of the creature destined to be summoned would appear in the incense as it wafted away, but in this case there were several. The amorphous smoke evoked a span of creatures from winged beasts ruling the horizon above to enormous monsters emerging from the depths.

Kyouya has stood tall since that day, like an Oonishi should, but he will never truly have faith in himself until he manages to summon the behemoth he saw towering above the others.

And I threw together a technique if you don't mind going over it Togath. Of course, I don't expect you to run over it tonight, it won't matter for a few levels anyway.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hopefully it's not overpowering since a summon could just learn henge and still get most of the benefits of this technique. The intention behind it is to replicate the combined transformation between Gamabunta and Naruto, since it looked like it could be a fun ability in game.

Fukugou Henge no Jutsu? (Combined Transformation Technique)
    Ninjutsu (Requires Henge no Jutsu (3) Kuchiyose no Jutsu (t))
    Rank: 8 (B-Class); Learn DC: 22, 3 success; Perform requirements: 10 ranks (DC 23); Time: 1 minute; Components: C, H; Range: Touch (see text); Target: You and one willing Summoned Creature (see text); Duration: 1 hour / 2 levels (D; see text); Saving Throws: None; Chakra Cost: 12 (see text)

As Henge no Jutsu except above and as follows.

This combat oriented variant of Henge no Jutsu was designed by summoners to take on more spectacular forms. Unlike Henge, the user does not risk losing this new form when damaged, however any damage taken is applied to both the user and summon creature transformed. The summon creature continues to lose chakra in this form, and the technique ends when the summon's HP or Chakra Pool hit 0. While this technique is active both creatures share one form, and act on the latter initiative count of the targeted creatures. The new form does not grant any of it's extraordinary, supernatural, or spell-like abilities that are not already possessed by the user or summoned creature. The maximum size category of the transformation becomes that of the larger creature targeted by the technique. Unlike the standard Henge no Jutsu, this technique can not be used to transform into an object.

The Chakra Cost of this technique increases by 5 for every size category above medium the new form is.

Oh, and I should probably select a color while I'm posting here huh? How about orange?
    Last edited by WhiteMageSavant; 2013-01-14 at 03:54 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

I call sienna!

Anyways, I think a single group could work better.

Also: status update: I've got a short history writen up, along with a description and some Relatives and a friend. Just gotta finish up on Personality and I'll add them to the sheet, also gotta look if I have any, last-moment purcahases.

Which brings to mind: Flashlights from D20 modern, yes? no?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    So please, by Anthony Bourdain's left nut, do not call gravy blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekkin View Post
    the only way to get it into space was to build the atmospheric stages on top of it like a 400-ton hat made of fire and structural inadequacy.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey dethkruzer, how did you get 22 chakra?

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

that was just a miscalculation on my part, good thing you noticed it.
    the only way to get it into space was to build the atmospheric stages on top of it like a 400-ton hat made of fire and structural inadequacy.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ah, and here I was hoping to increase my own chakra pool

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Barring last-minute purchases: Katsumi Miyamoto is finished.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

I think I'll be going with Navy as my color. Nice, bold and relatively distinct from the others.

I've got a few ideas for Symbiote techniques and Genjutsu, though they're pretty nebulous right now; I'll post more about 'em once they're more concrete.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

How do these look?;
    Spoiler
    Show

Chakra Control (Body)
    Rank: 5 (B-Class); Learn DC: 19, 3 success; Perform requirements: 7 ranks (DC 20);
    Time: 1 move-equivalent action; Components: C, Mas, P; Range: Personal; Target: You;
    Duration: 5 Rounds; Saving Throws: None; Chakra Cost: 5/See Text.

This technique increases your speed and reflexes, but can be damaging if used for too long.
    While this technique is active all of your movement speeds are increased by half(round up to the nearest 5ft. increment) or by +30ft.(whichever is higher), and when attacking you may make an additional attack at a -2 penalty for full attacks, or -4 for standard attacks.
    While this is active you also gain a +2 bonus to hit with attacks, and a +2 dodge bonus to reflex saves and your defense score.
    When this effect would expire you may pay 1 chakra and 1 hit point to continue it's use for two more rounds, each time you increase this effect's duration by doing so, the hit point damage increases by 1.
    If this technique is renewed six or more time in succession, or fully preformed more then twice in ten minutes, you become fatigued until you can rest for an hour.
    Mastery
    Every step of mastery in this technique increases the bonuses to hit with attacks, as well as the dodge bonuses by +1. At the third and fifth steps of mastery the duration of this ability, and duration when renewed, increases by 1.

Azakeri Tsuchi(requires Kinbori[t], and Tadayou[t]) (Scorn Earth)
    Spoiler
    Show

Chakra Control (body)
    Rank: 5 (C-Class); Learn DC: 18, 2 success; Perform requirements: 6 ranks (DC 18);
    Time: 1 move-equivalent action; Components: C; Range: Personal; Target: You;
    Duration: 5 rounds/level(D); Saving Throws: None; Chakra Cost: 3.
    This technique allows the user to hover several inches above the ground, using an advanced form of Kinobori and Tadayou. While this technique is active the user may ignore movement penalties for difficult terrain, slippery surfaces, or unstable footing, while allowing you to slow your falling speed, allowing you to fall twice as far before taking damage, and halving all damage you do take.
    This technique can also be used for the same effects as Tadayou while it is active, and provides a +1 bonus to balance checks made while moving across liquids via this effect.

Kawa no Tetsu Yoroi(requires Kawa no Yoroi[t]) (Iron Skin Armor)
    Spoiler
    Show

Chakra Control (body)
    Rank: 4 (C-Class); Learn DC: 17, 2 success; Perform requirements: 5 ranks (DC 17);
    Time: 1 attack action; Components: C, Mas; Range: Personal; Target: You;
    Duration: 1 minute/level(D); Saving Throws: None; Chakra Cost: 5.
    This advanced form of Kawa no Yoroi grants a +3 natural armour bonus to defense while active.
    Mastery
    Every step of mastery in this technique increases the natural armour bonus by +1.
    At the third step of mastery itís chakra cost is reduced by 1(to 4) and grants DR 2/- in addition to the defense bonus, increasing to DR 4/- at the fifth step of mastery.

And I threw together a technique if you don't mind going over it Togath. Of course, I don't expect you to run over it tonight, it won't matter for a few levels anyway.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hopefully it's not overpowering since a summon could just learn henge and still get most of the benefits of this technique. The intention behind it is to replicate the combined transformation between Gamabunta and Naruto, since it looked like it could be a fun ability in game.

Fukugou Henge no Jutsu? (Combined Transformation Technique)
    Ninjutsu (Requires Henge no Jutsu (3) Kuchiyose no Jutsu (t))
    Rank: 8 (B-Class); Learn DC: 22, 3 success; Perform requirements: 10 ranks (DC 23); Time: 1 minute; Components: C, H; Range: Touch (see text); Target: You and one willing Summoned Creature (see text); Duration: 1 hour / 2 levels (D; see text); Saving Throws: None; Chakra Cost: 12 (see text)

As Henge no Jutsu except above and as follows.

This combat oriented variant of Henge no Jutsu was designed by summoners to take on more spectacular forms. Unlike Henge, the user does not risk losing this new form when damaged, however any damage taken is applied to both the user and summon creature transformed. The summon creature continues to lose chakra in this form, and the technique ends when the summon's HP or Chakra Pool hit 0. While this technique is active both creatures share one form, and act on the latter initiative count of the targeted creatures. The new form does not grant any of it's extraordinary, supernatural, or spell-like abilities that are not already possessed by the user or summoned creature. The maximum size category of the transformation becomes that of the larger creature targeted by the technique. Unlike the standard Henge no Jutsu, this technique can not be used to transform into an object.

The Chakra Cost of this technique increases by 5 for every size category above medium the new form is.
    The only change I would request would be changing it's duration to henge's 10 minutes/level, with chakra being able to be expended to increase the duration at the same rate as henge, and for you to be able to use any non-supernatural modes of movement the creature you're transforming into possesses, as well as survive underwater if the creature you're transforming into could.
    Last edited by Togath; 2013-01-14 at 07:02 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)

16. - Top - End - #16

How do these look?;
    Spoiler
    Show

Taijutsu (Enhancement)
    Rank: 5 (B-Class); Learn DC: 19, 3 success; Perform requirements: 7 ranks (DC 20);
    Time: 1 move-equivalent action; Components: C, Mas, P; Range: Personal; Target: You;
    Duration: 5 Rounds; Saving Throws: None; Chakra Cost: 5/See Text.

This technique increases your speed and reflexes, but can be damaging if used for too long.
    While this technique is active all of your movement speeds are increased by half(round up to the nearest 5ft. increment) or by +30ft.(whichever is higher), and when attacking you may make an additional attack at a -2 penalty for full attacks, or -4 for standard attacks.
    While this is active you also gain a +2 bonus to hit with attacks, and a +2 dodge bonus to reflex saves and your defense score.
    When this effect would expire you may pay 1 chakra and 1 hit point to continue it's use for two more rounds, each time you increase this effect's duration by doing so, the hit point damage increases by 1.
    If this technique is renewed six or more time in succession, or fully preformed more then twice in ten minutes, you become fatigued until you can rest for an hour.
    Mastery
    Every step of mastery in this technique increases the bonuses to hit with attacks, as well as the dodge bonuses by +1. At the third and fifth steps of mastery the duration of this ability, and duration when renewed, increases by 1.

Azakeri Tsuchi(requires Kinbori[t], and Tadayou[t]) (Scorn Earth)
    Spoiler
    Show

Chakra Control (body)
    Rank: 5 (C-Class); Learn DC: 18, 2 success; Perform requirements: 6 ranks (DC 18);
    Time: 1 move-equivalent action; Components: C; Range: Personal; Target: You;
    Duration: 5 rounds/level(D); Saving Throws: None; Chakra Cost: 3.
    This technique allows the user to hover several inches above the ground, using an advanced form of Kinobori and Tadayou. While this technique is active the user may ignore movement penalties for difficult terrain, slippery surfaces, or unstable footing, while allowing you to slow your falling speed, allowing you to fall twice as far before taking damage, and halving all damage you do take.
    This technique can also be used for the same effects as Tadayou while it is active, and provides a +1 bonus to balance checks made while moving across liquids via this effect.

Kawa no Tetsu Yoroi(requires Kawa no Yoroi[t]) (Iron Skin Armor)
    Spoiler
    Show

Chakra Control (body)
    Rank: 4 (C-Class); Learn DC: 17, 2 success; Perform requirements: 5 ranks (DC 17);
    Time: 1 attack action; Components: C, Mas; Range: Personal; Target: You;
    Duration: 1 minute/level(D); Saving Throws: None; Chakra Cost: 5.
    This advanced form of Kawa no Yoroi grants a +3 natural armour bonus to defense while active.
    Mastery
    Every step of mastery in this technique increases the natural armour bonus by +1.
    At the third step of mastery itís chakra cost is reduced by 1(to 4) and grants DR 2/- in addition to the defense bonus, increasing to DR 4/- at the fifth step of mastery.
    Well, I was hoping to have all of them be chakra control techniques that my character developed because she couldn't use nin- or genjutsu very well. She's supposed to specifically focus on raw Chakra Control. And I'm really glad I took Genius Nin for Chakra Control so I can start with Scorn Earth.

Other than the minor thing with Chakra Shadow, I think they're all good.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, I was hoping to have all of them be chakra control techniques that my character developed because she couldn't use nin- or genjutsu very well. She's supposed to specifically focus on raw Chakra Control. And I'm really glad I took Genius Nin for Chakra Control so I can start with Scorn Earth.

Other than the minor thing with Chakra Shadow, I think they're all good.
    No problem, I've edited Chakra Shadow to be chakra control
    Meow(Steam page)

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

The only change I would request would be changing it's duration to henge's 10 minutes/level, with chakra being able to be expended to increase the duration at the same rate as henge, and for you to be able to use any non-supernatural modes of movement the creature you're transforming into possesses, as well as survive underwater if the creature you're transforming into could.
    How about if I reduce the duration, remove the supernatural gain, and make extraordinary abilities only active if the assumed form has them (since either myself or the summon must already have the ability)? Should I also reduce the perform time to a full round action then?

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

How about if I reduce the duration, remove the supernatural gain, and make extraordinary abilities only active if the assumed form has them (since either myself or the summon must already have the ability)? Should I also reduce the perform time to a full round action then?
    Sounds fine
    Meow(Steam page)

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey guys, I have a stupid question that I'm having trouble finding the answer to. If a character does not get their 8 hours of sleep (or 4 with the Light Sleeper feat) what penalties do they take in addition to not regaining HP, chakra, ability damage, etc?

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

well, mu google-fu pretty much failed me. but I'd guess first causing the character to become fatiqued, and later exhausted. I think some d20 book had something about sleep deprivation causing non-lethal damage.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

I think the penalties are just fatigue, and maybe later on exaustion.
    I should also have the IC thread up sometime in the next hour.
    I'll be starting with two teams of two, team 1 is Kurotsuchi and Kyouya, with team 2 being Miyamoto and Shogo.
    Last edited by Togath; 2013-01-15 at 11:22 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

Meow(Steam page)

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sorry for the late post. I'm working evening shifts this week so I likely won't be posting in the late afternoon. Though I am free tomorrow so I hope to be able to respond quicker. (I know it's PbP, but I'm still not fond of causing a slow start.)

Also thanks Dethkruzer and Togath. I typically try to google things too, before I ask, but there wasn't anything I could find with a sourced page and book.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

Sorry for not checking in, got caught up in stuff yesterday and today. I'll also hammer out a quick personality and appearance in this post in a bit to give deth something to key off of.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Stolichnaya View Post
    Sorry for not checking in, got caught up in stuff yesterday and today. I'll also hammer out a quick personality and appearance in this post in a bit to give deth something to key off of.
    no problem.

Also to answer whitemage's question about the teams being formed, it is indeed due to political tensions(even in times of peace, vanishing merchants and foreign shinobi could make a village feel nervous, especially one with a relatively low number of shinobi of itís own)
    Meow(Steam page)

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

sorry for the wait, I was stuck on baby-sitting duty for most of yesterday, really didn't have time to sit down and write a post.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

No problem.
    Meow(Steam page)

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

I may not be posting on Sunday. My family is going camping over the weekend, and since I have the day to myself I figured I might as well join them for the day. There tends to be some leisure time out there, so I may get a post or two in, but otherwise I'll be out of touch.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

@Togath: Should Shogo and Katsumi be interacting? or are we waiting for a post from you?