New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Sawagakure: Team 1(Kurotsuchi & Kyouya)

With recent events around Fuyu-Numa(largely several missing merchants, and sightings of foreign nin) the village has started to organize some of the more experienced Genin into small teams, to help supplement Sawagakure's shinobi forces.
    You find yourselves at the announcement of the teams, after several teams have been formed you hear the Jounin reading a scroll with the team lists announce "Kagami Kurotsuchi and Oonishi Kyouya!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    seemed like a good way to start, in order to allow both of you to introduce your characters
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Sawagakure: Team 1(Kurotsuchi & Kyouya)

Kagami stretches, ready to prove herself, however, she prefered to be underestimated, so she had her chakra suppressed at the moment, she'd probably have her chakra seemingly down to that of a slightly above average civilian at this point.

She walks over to her partner and says, "Yo, guess we'll be working together from here on out. I'm Kagami, though you probably already knew that."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kyouya tried to mentally prepare himself as most of the crowd stood up and shuffled around him, attempting to ding their new partners. Training on his own could only bring him so far, maybe a partner would be good for him, and he still was not fit to join his brother on his missions. With any luck I'll join someone mannerly and... "Yo." The phrase hit him like a merchant's cart, trampling over his spirit.

However, he did not keep the young woman waiting, and grabbed his kanabo laying next to him as he lifted himself first to a kneeling position, then to a full stand. After latching the weapon's end to the hook at his waist, he gestured to her with a small bow. "Hello, Kurotsuchi Kagami. I am Oonishi Kyouya, first son of Oonishi Takyou and Masami. It is my pleasure to meet you. Did you eat before coming here?"
    Last edited by WhiteMageSavant; 2013-01-16 at 02:48 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4

"More like an early lunch," Kagami says, "could say my parents are a little overzealous when it comes to my diet," she shrugs, "it's what happens to a first gen ninja from a family that can't mold chakra."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

"How interesting. My family has produced ninja for generations before my time. Albeit our youth may struggle more than most developing shinobi to control raw chakra, I am sure what you went through is quite different." A look flashed across Kyouya's face, as if he were about to sigh, but he quickly suppressed it. "If your parents do not want you to be out, eating just anywhere I will understand. However, will you at least walk with me as we talk? I am not fond of such crowded and noisy places as this."

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm guessing you declined Kyouya's invitation? I honestly can't tell.

6. - Top - End - #6

Kagami chuckles, "I know a nice place nearby, it imports from Kusa, Suna, and Tsuchi," she says, "they've got some really exotic stuff there, follow me," she says, releasing her hold on her chakra and using one of her favorite techniques, hovering roughly 3 inches into the air before seeming to just skate through the crowd.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just giving a display of skills for conversation once we get to the place.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

"That sounds delightful. Kyouya laughed inwardly as she passed, before following her at a brisk walking pace. As it stands, she and I seem to be black and white. I wonder who was in charge of forming the new teams, he thought to himself until he caught up. "So how did you first discover you can manipulate chakra, being a first generation ninja?"

8. - Top - End - #8

"Luck, really. My sensei sensed that my chakra was different from the rest of my family and it went from there," she says, then shrugs, "not much to say beyond that, really. I trained in how to use Chakra, made Genin as a sensor, and have been focusing all my efforts on the techniques I've developed. Including the one I just used a little while ago. I'm the only one that knows it, because I'm the one that invented it. I call it Azakeri Tsuchi, what about you, what's your specialty? You don't need to go into specifics, I know some ninja prefer to keep their full abilities secret, so do I, honestly."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

"That's tough to answer. As you said we all have our secrets, and revealing mine would be to expose my family as well." Kyouya pauses a moment, mulling over where to begin.

"Admittedly, I was in a very dark place until recently. As a result I am very far behind on my training. My family, though, has become well known for their ability to summon." Kyouya forms a seal with one hand and a small puff of smoke obscures sight around it. Though the haze quickly dispersed revealing a Fuuma Shuriken gripped by the previously empty palm. "Unfortunately, I have yet to summon a living creature," he continued whilst collapsing the weapon and slipping it within his belt. "Familial abilities aside, I have familiarized myself with the kanabo and a few fuuton techniques. However, I still struggle with controlling the chakra within my body, which is why I find it so funny they would pair me with you, someone it appears to come so naturally to."

Kyouya looked ahead, wondering if they were getting close. This time, he lets out a quiet, but audible sigh. "I doubt I will be able to keep my secrets for long from a partner with your talents. When that time comes, I can only ask that you keep my family's secrets in addition to your own." Kyouya formed a small smile at the end, though it wasn't an expression his face was accustomed to.

Spoiler
    Show
    If you let me know when/if you begin sensing chakra I'll post a description of Kyouya's chakra signature and any chakra used from recent techniques.
    Last edited by WhiteMageSavant; 2013-01-16 at 04:44 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteMageSavant View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you let me know when/if you begin sensing chakra I'll post a description of Kyouya's chakra signature and any chakra used from recent techniques.
    Spoiler
    Show
    She already has Chakra Sensing, as well as Chakra Supressing.

"My sensei says my chakra is exceptionally fluid, probably because I'm a water element, it makes it easy to control. He compares most people's chakra to a gas, hard to contain and control, mine he aligned with liquid. I think he'd say yours would be heated gas, far more energetic and hard to control, or solid, hard to mold but rather potent," Kagami replies, "I'd say to just practice a little, honestly, you don't need much chakra control to be a good ninja, just enough to get by, me being the exception in that I need to have almost perfect chakra control to be an effective ninja at all."

"And don't worry about your abilities, I'll be showing you my own eventually, so I ask you do the same for me," she smiles lightly, "And here we are," she stops in front of a small, cafe-like shop, "we can talk inside."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I meant when you begin concentrating activate the sense chakra ability. Regardless I'll work up a description and send it to you either via PM or OOC.

"Haha, then I will keep practicing. Thank you, and of course the favor will be returned." Kyouya says, opening the door for Kagami. "Hmm, I never would have suspected a place like this to have as diverse of a menu as you described." Kyouya would wait until they were seated, and their orders taken before continuing. Most of his questions he was sure he would learn in time, and did not want to risk prying into Kagami's life the first day they met. "What would you like to talk about?"

12. - Top - End - #12

"Mostly just curious about yourself and why you think we were teamed up," Kagami says, "you know the usual thing they ask about when forming teams in peaceful times."

Spoiler
    Show
    Think the intro they do with Kakashi but a little more elaborate.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Well, there is not much about myself to tell. I have almost no time to myself between tradition, training, and missions." Kyouya shifted in his seat as he tried to think of something unique to himself, anything that picked him apart from his family. "Hmm, I'm not particularly fond of anything, but there is nothing I really detest either. I suppose I enjoy writing. I rarely have the time for poetry or theatre, it is mostly writing for others. Typically letters, occasionally contracts or business documents. It may be a side job, but at least my family does not disapprove of it, few people practice writing as an art anymore. Everything else I have done, was for my clan, even becoming a ninja wasn't my decision actually. Kyouya paused to thank the server as their food arrived. "Itadakimasu," he said, enjoying a few bites before talking once more.

"Maybe you noticed, maybe you did not, but I inherited a part of my father's name. Another tradition of first born Oonishi children. There is a lot of pressure for me to take his place to lead the clan someday, and thusly I avoid anything that could get me in trouble with my clan or the village. On that subject, I was brought up to do as I am told. No questions, no hesitation, just action. If those above me feel it best to partner me up, that's what I do." A smirk flashed over his lips as he took his another bite. "However, with all these missing merchants, I do get the feeling something is being kept from us. Perhaps Sawagakure no Sato is not on as good of terms with its neighbors as they would like us to believe.

Sorry, I am not as interesting as you may have hoped. What about about yourself?"

14. - Top - End - #14

"That's a horrible way to raise the next clan head," Kagami says, putting her face in her hands, "they need a leader, not a yes man," she says, sounding very sure of what she's saying, "I was in the same boat until my chakra 'woke up', as my sensei likes to say, difference is my family believes in independence and reliance, something that allows a leader to stand alone but with the people they lead."

She sighs, "sorry if that seemed offensive, but it really is one of the worst ways to raise a leader," she shakes her head, "back to the subject at hand, I like tea and unagi," she says, going into her own 'intro' mode, "as well as cooking and gardening. Don't much like red meat and have a dislike those kunoichi that just join for the idea behind it but don't take it seriously. And my main hobby is thinking up and designing new ways to manipulate my chakra."

"As for the missing merchants, I'd guess a missing nin building up supplies or raids from a group of bandits that have had some shinobi training. The only village I can think of that wouldn't like us is Tsuchi, and they'd have a hard time in the swamp because of the difference in environment from what they're used to."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

"No, feel free to speak your mind. It is not often enough I speak with someone who does so openly, without hiding behind a ritual etiquette." Kyouya responds first with a look of amusement before resuming his dutiful disposition. "Nevertheless, it is not my place to question my family's methods. I was foolish and young the last time I did that, and I can recall my father's words very clearly. 'I must follow the people. Am I not their leader?'" Kyouya waved his hand just then, as if to brush the words away.

"In any case, I am sure we will be paired for a while, and you will have more time to lecture me on how a leader is made. But for now, there are some pretty shady affairs in the village, and you seem to be looking into them rather deeply. I hope you are not thinking about doing anything rash."

Spoiler
    Show
    Actual quote is credited to Benjamin Disraeli. And yes, (for now) I am purposefully taking it the wrong way.

16. - Top - End - #16

"Not in the least," Kagami says, "I'm not the rash type."

She takes a sip of tea, then chuckles, "you know, I'm surprised you haven't taken note of my ears being pointed," she says, "Most people would have brought it up by now."

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, she has elf ears. There's a picture url on the sheet, that's her basic appearance
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

He tried not to show it, but Kyouya was a little embarrassed when she pointed her ears out to him. He honestly didn't notice anything unusual about her appearance until now. "Yes well, one can grow accustomed to 'strange' sights. It is an occupational hazard for those like us, I suppose. I take it, those ears do not run in the family?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I actually wouldn't've noticed the link without you pointing it out just now.

18. - Top - End - #18

"From what I've seen, it's completely unique to me," Kagami replies, "I've never even heard of a clan having the trait either. My parents seem to think it's a physical sign that I can use chakra. I don't really buy it. But it does make me stand out in a crowd... speaking of, does your clan have a common trait? Like the Inuzuka of Konoha having those red triangles under their eyes."

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for not responding until now, my subscription didn't update
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

"You could say that, though it is not as visible as some other clans. It typically does not manifest until after we graduate the academy, with a few exceptions." Kyouya says as he stood up with his back to Kagami and began tracing small, coin sized circles along his spine. He started to explain his action after the second ring. "I do not have a complete understanding why the marks act, or even appear, the way they do, but one could mistake them for birth marks if they had not seen my back as a child." Before sitting back down Kyouya had pointed out eight patches. "I would not mind showing you, if you want to see them. Not here of course, it will have to be some later time. I also have a seal on my chest, but I guess that is not common to the entire clan."

"I may not have noticed your ears, but you seem to be carrying even less than I am. Did you leave your gear at home?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, service is bad. I'm going home tomorrow but I have to work too, so I should pick up my posting rate again by tuesday.

20. - Top - End - #20

"I don't carry much equipment in general, I'm planning to pick some up before we head out, mostly medical supplies and soldier pills," Kagami replies with a small grin, "I prefer to travel light, and I haven't earned the family sword yet, which is going to be a big part of my style once I get it," she says.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

"A family sword? So despite becoming the first ninja your family has produced warriors before you?" Kyouya asked, once more surprised by Kagami. He takes a moment to picture it as he works on his meal, which he had almost finished by now. "Is there a style your family developed to go along with it?"

22. - Top - End - #22

"Not warriors, blacksmiths," Kagami says, "The sword was made by the best blacksmith in the family and was her crowning achievement, so to speak. However, it takes chakra to unlock it's full potential," she says, "and it's not really so much a sword as a machete, really."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Have you been trained for your family business as well? It must be difficult to find time to work on ninja training and smithing." Finishing, Kyouya resets his place and pushes it to the side, making room for a losely unraveled scroll. A hand seal and puff of smoke later, a brush and ink stone appeared in his hands. "Oh, I am sorry. You do not mind, do you?" he asks. Unless Kagami was opposed, he would begin sketching stylized characters for "shuriken as he listened to her.

24. - Top - End - #24

"No, my parents pushed me towards ninja training over smithing, I'm not much of a smith either anyway, I don't have the patience for it," Kagami says with a softer smile, "it's been a while since I've done any smithing at all, and I'm afraid I've lost what little skill I had after training to use Chakra," she places down her now empty teacup, "So, would you like to see about getting started on this mission?"
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

"That sounds like an excellent idea to me." Kyouya said just as he completed his work. Before the ink had time to dry he placed the Fuuma Shuriken he "summoned" earlier on top of it. After weaving a few hand seals to complete the seal on paper, and store the weapon, he collected the entire kit and placed it all in his belt pouch. "I am now ready to go." he announced while he stood up from his seat.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

Heading back to the pre-designated site, you find a simple bulletin board set up, with genin/chuunin rank missions set up on it, intended to serve at practice and help pinpoint the stronger teams.

Sawagakure Genin Missions;

Format;
    Type of Mission

description

reward

contact information

Rank D:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Help Wanted!
    seeking aid in repairing roofs damaged by the recent storm.
    paying 150 Ryo per employee per day.
    for more information contact Akuna Jiru

Spoiler
    Show
    Missing Tracking Hound
    I am looking to hire someone to help find my tracking hound Kyu-san.
    I last saw him near the north gate.
    offering 1000 Ryo to any who can aid me in locating him.
    for more information contact Fyujin Mako

Rank C:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gatherer Wanted!
    I am looking to hire someone skilled at tracking or scouting to harvest a new batch of bog-crowns.
    I can provide information on their location, as well as a container to help transport them.
    Paying 800 Ryo per pound of bog-crowns returned to me.
    for more information, contact Wenriji Yukaro

Bounties:
    Unknown Nin I(S, BBA);
    an unknown nin sighted recently along the south road out of the village.
    subject wears a hood and a black cloth mask to hide his or her appearance, but does not appear to be armed.
    offering 1500 Ryo
    for more information contact Hajime Toradago

Unknown Nin II(BBA, B);
    an unknown nin sighted stalking near the main market, subject wears a hood and a black cloth mask to hide his or her appearance, and was reported to carry a kanabo.
    offering 1500 Ryo
    For more information contact Hajime Toradago
    Last edited by Togath; 2013-01-24 at 12:10 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

27. - Top - End - #27

"What do you think?" Kagami asks, "I'm most suited for the bounties or the C Rank, to be honest, what about you?"
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Well, I am still learning how to track effectively, and can only follow clearly laid tracks right now. The bounties may be easier to find with your skill." Kyouya replied, staring at the board. He spoke up again after rereading the missions. "I think we should go after the first unknown ninja, unless you would prefer the C-Rank or other bounty."

29. - Top - End - #29

"Unless they're good at suppressing their chakra, the bounties should be fine," Kagami replies, "south road of the village, seems interesting, that direction leads to Tsuchi no Kuni (Land of Earth)," she continues, "we'll need to be careful."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Alright," Kyouya says, suppressing his own chakra enough to make it difficult to distinguish between the average citizen. "Did you want to pick up anything before we see this Hajime Toradago?"