New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: I'm bored; anyone want some homebrew made?

Quote Originally Posted by FreakyCheeseMan View Post
    It may be too late to get requests in, but hopefully this is an easy one.

I'd like to see a Monk-ish class with some Artificer casting. Specifically, the infusions the artificer can use, to bestow weapon and armor enchantments - let the monk do the same, but only for his own fists and skin. This goes beyond just +1 bonuses - Artificers can give specific enchantments, so it'd give the monk a huge boost to versatility.

Beneath that, I'd just say a fixed version of a normal monk - full BAB, decent HP, and maybe something to let them add their wisdom bonus to HP when they level, instead of CON. Or maybe WIS to attack rolls and damage, instead of STR. Or maybe both, or let them choose. You know more about balance than I do.

Oh, and I almost forgot: Something that lets a Swarm be a PC. Not something that lets a PC sometimes use a spell or class feature to turn into a swarm, but have something that actually is a swarm, able to take class levels. Just to see the look on the DM's face.
    I got your Monk right here Just make sure you can trade your "Smoke Parts for Iron".
    "Bender knows love, and love doesn't share itself with the world. Love is suspicious, love is needy. Love is fearful, love is greedy. My friends, there is no great love without great jealousy!"- Bender Bending Rodriguez

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xaotiq1 View Post
    I got your Monk right here Just make sure you can trade your "Smoke Parts for Iron".
    Hm... very close, if they could just do the same for armor as well, it'd be exact.

But yeah, that looks good, and in keeping with monk flavor.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
    I basically can't figure out a way to balance it out without one of two outcomes:

1. You have a ton of "summons" that go down in one shot, but which you probably are going to be losing track of, and which would be a bitch to balance out action-wise. As in, there isn't a way that you could give them effective attacks and such without breaking the game in half.

2. You're left with a few simple "summons" which, by the dint of needing them to be simple, are rather boring in how you play them, and which have a knife's-edge wide margin between "not worth the actions to summon them" and "you can kill everything."

(An explanation for the end of the second one; the way to balance out a bunch of simple summons is having them take a certain number of hits to kill, rather than having HP. They would have to lack ability scores, or at least share them.)

I wash my hands of it, and I wish anyone else who tries luck.
    A minionmancer class without a ton of paperwork. My previous minionmancer class probably requires a lot. So let's see...

Spoiler
    Show

Kaleidoscopic Soul

This should be pretty easy to refluff, but the way I'm thinking of it is that the character's soul is sufficiently fragmented that bits and pieces form their own bodies and stand around outside the character. They all work for the same end because they're still one person, but they may have very different personalities. Should be fun to play.

Paperwork should be reasonable because everything is either on the Astral Construct page or the player's character sheet -- no need to recalculate anything.

Lvl BAB Fort Ref Will Special Greater Level Lesser Level Greater per Day Lesser at once
    1 0 0 0 2 Greater Summons 1 2 0
    2 1 1 1 3 Share Senses 1 3 0
    3 1 1 1 3 2 4 0
    4 2 1 1 4 Lesser Summons 2 1 4 1
    5 2 2 2 4 3 1 5 1
    6 3 2 2 5 Share Skills 3 1 6 1
    7 3 2 2 5 4 1 7 1
    8 4 3 3 6 Share Power 4 2 7 1
    9 4 3 3 6 5 2 8 1
    10 5 3 3 7 Share Will 5 2 9 2
    11 5 4 4 7 6 2 10 2
    12 6 4 4 8 Swift Summoning 6 3 10 2
    13 6 4 4 8 7 3 11 2
    14 7 5 5 9 Distant Summoning 7 3 12 2
    15 7 5 5 9 8 3 13 2
    16 8 5 5 10 8 4 14 2
    17 8 6 6 10 9 4 15 3
    18 9 6 6 11 9 5 16 3
    19 9 6 6 11 9 5 18 4
    20 10 7 7 12 9 6 20 4

Hit die: d6
    Class Skills: Bluff, Concentration, Craft (any), Disable Device, Disguise, Forgery, Knowledge (any), Open Lock, Profession (any)
    Skills: 4+int

Greater Summons(su): A kaleidoscopic soul can create additional bodies to serve him as if by the Astral Construct power. The level of the construct and the number of times per day are given in the table.

Share Senses(su): A kaleidoscopic soul has a single mind which with full access to all the senses of its bodies, both native and summoned.

Lesser Summons(su): A kaleidoscopic soul is accompanied by small additional bodies. Like greater summoned, these resemble astral constructs (though of lower level). Unlike greater summoned, they are always present. If a lesser summoned's body is destroyed, it reforms on the beginning of the kaleidoscopic soul's next turn. They cannot be dismissed, but they can be instructed to hide. If the kaleidoscopic soul is killed or rendered unconscious, the lesser summoned vanish. The number and of lesser summoned is given on the table.

Share Skills(su): When a summoned uses a skill, it can use the kaleidoscopic soul's total modifier instead of its own.

Share Power(su): A summoned can use any spell, psionic power, or similar ability that the kaleidoscopic soul knows. This includes summoning more greater summoned. The use counts against the kaleidoscopic soul's daily limit, if any.

Share Will(su): A summoned uses its master's will save.

Swift Summoning(su): A kaleidoscopic soul can perform a greater summoning as a swift action. The created creature is two levels lower than normal.

Distant Summoning(su): A kaleidoscopic soul performing a greater summoning can cause the summoned to appear anywhere he can see, including through telescopes, scrying sensors, the eyes of existing summoned, and so on.
    Last edited by dspeyer; 2015-06-03 at 10:18 PM.