Results 1 to 2 of 2
- Join Date
- Jan 2013
[Pathfinder PEACH] Android as a Race
Androids are very new to Glorion and have not yet claimed a home of their own. A few are the experiments of mad geniuses, some are built from things of other worlds, dimensions and even from different times in the future. Most are built by other androids and are spread out to all corners of the world. Though there are few in the world they are more androids around than most would know. Experts of hiding in plain sight you may find them working as the local hangman, accountant or even the baker. To find androids living free of fear of prosecution one must go to the Mana Wastes where magic is untamed and cannot be used against them easily.
Physical Description: Although they can be built to mimic any race and gender, most are in fashioned in a lean athletic human shape, meant not to be noticed in a crowd. Androids also usually are made with a synthetic face that mimics the race and gender they are meant to emulate, but the rest of them are made of metal concealed underneath their clothing.
Society: Few androids are open about the fact that they are androids and will rarely do anything that might reveal their true self. Communicating through written binary to keep their society together few entrust their secrets with even fewer. Most when found out are shunned or violently destroyed, but some celebrated as heroes or god for the acts which brought the truth to light.
Relations: Androids always are on the path to be more like the race they emulate. But if they share a link with any race it is the ones that are shunned by society as they feel they would be if exposed, such as half-orcs and half-elves.
Alignment and Religion: Androids are driven by logic and programming. As much as they may be an artificial intelligence so concepts as chaos, love, good and evil seem to fall through the cracks, although most androids have a strong favor toward their makers seeing them as fathers. Without a moral compass most androids fall into the lawful neutral or true neutral.
Adventurers: Of all the races of Glorion, androids are the least adventurous. Striving to blend in with society and to be more “human” adventuring is a two edged sword with so much to gain and yet so much to lose with too many variables to come up with sufficient data to make a decision. But some fight their programming (or because of it) or override it completely in order to go out into the unknown and take the risks for their brethren, or even themselves.
Android Racial Traits
+2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, -2 Wisdom,–2 Charisma: Androids are quick, strong and can compute mass amounts of information but do not understand emotions, social constructs, and experiences in their existence in life can’t override their programming, whatever that might be.
Medium or Small: Androids can be Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size, or can be Small creatures and gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty to their Combat Maneuver Bonus and Combat Maneuver Defense, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks, depending on what race they are mimicking. (In theory they could, and some are, large and tiny. But those tend to mimic more exotic races and are the least common of Androids)
Slow and Steady: Androids have a base speed of 20 feet, but their speed is never modified by armor or encumbrance.
Robots: Androids are constructs of the robot subtype and gain these qualities:
• Intelligent: Androids are intelligent, and thus have skills and feats as appropriate for their Hit Dice (Class Level). The following are class (Racial) skills for robots: Climb, Disable Device, Fly, Knowledge (all), Linguistics, Perception, and Sense Motive.
• Force Fields: A force field sheathes an android in a thin layer of shimmering energy that grants a number of bonus hit points that varies according to the android (equal to 5 × the android’s levels). All damage dealt to an android with an active force field is reduced from these hit points first. As long as the force field is active, the android is immune to critical hits. A force field has fast healing equal to the android’s level, but once its hit points are reduced to 0, the force field shuts down and does not reactivate for 24 hours.
• Vulnerable to Critical Hits: Whenever a robot takes extra damage from a critical hit, it must make a DC 15 Fortitude save to avoid being stunned for 1 round. If it makes a successful saving throw, it is staggered for 1 round. The robot remains immune to other sources of the stunned condition.
• Vulnerable to Electricity: Robots take 150% as much damage as normal from electricity attacks, unless they are immune to electricity via other special defenses.
Craft Construct: Androids get Craft Construct feat as a racial bonus feat.
Construct Traits: Androids are built, thus gain all the construct traits.
• Constructs have no Constitution score. Any DCs or other statistics that rely on a Constitution score treat a construct as having a score of 10 (no bonus or penalty).
• Constructs have the low-light vision racial trait.
• Constructs have the darkvision 60 feet racial trait.
• Constructs are immune to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, morale effects, patterns, and phantasms).
• Constructs can be repaired through the use of the Craft Construct feat. A construct with the fast healing special quality still benefits from that quality.
• Constructs are not subject to ability damage, ability drain, fatigue, exhaustion, energy drain, or nonlethal damage.
• Constructs are immune to any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects or is harmless).
• Constructs do not risk death due to massive damage, but they are immediately destroyed when reduced to 0 hit points or fewer.
• Constructs cannot be raised or resurrected.
• Constructs are hard to destroy, and gain bonus hit points based on their size, as shown on the following table.
Construct Size Bonus Hit Points
• Constructs do not breathe, eat, or sleep.
No Energy Affinity: Androids are not affected by positive nor negative energy.
Magically Inept: Androids cannot cast spells or use supernatural abilities and spell-like abilities, but if their class gives them extraordinary ability an android can access them.
No Benefit From Transmutations: Androids being machines do not gain any benefits from spells of the transmutation school save the spell mending and make whole.
Hardness: Do to their bodies being made of various fused metals, Androids have hardness of 15.
Languages: Androids begin play speaking Common and Binary. Androids with high Intelligence scores can scores can choose any languages they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic).
Last edited by gman1l; 2013-01-26 at 10:16 PM.
- Join Date
- Jan 2013
Re: [Pathfinder PEACH] Android as a Race
Please someone give me their gamer opinions on what is here.78% of all DM's start their first campaign in a tavern. If you're among the 22% who didn't, copy and paste this into your signature and tell us where you DID begin.
Mine began with my players waking up to crustaceans trying to eat them on a dessert island wondering "How did I get here? Last thing I remember was that awful soup..."