Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Soul Jumpers OOC

Hey all,

Welcome to the Soul Jumpers OOC thread.

If you go ahead and post your character sheets under a spoiler tab here for easy reference, I would appreciate it.

IC Thread
    Last edited by Julian84; 2013-06-03 at 06:18 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Soul Jumpers OOC

Atlas
    Trevor Magnusson

Spoiler
    Show
    TREVOR MAGNUSSON/ATLAS
    Unkillable hulk

Identity: Secret ID

APPEARANCE
    Size: Medium (-1 Modifier)
    Height: 5'10”/9'10”
    Weight: 155 lbs./800 lbs.
    Hair: Black/none
    Eyes: Black/Black and red

The real Trevor is scrawny, awkward, and very skinny. Lets not talk about him though. Trevor doesn't like to talk about himself. The part that matters, the part that is strong, is Atlas. Atlas is enormous, a mass of chiseled muscles, with black and red skin, glowing red eyes.

POWER LEVEL
    Power Level: 8
    Power Points: 120
    Max Attack: 8
    Max Defense: 8
    Max Save DC: 8
    Max Toughness: 8

ABILITIES
    STR: 26 (+8/+0)
    DEX: 12 (+1)
    CON: 26 (+8/+0)
    INT: 12 (+1)
    WIS: 14 (+2)
    CHA: 14 (+2)

COMBAT
    Attack 6 (Melee 7, Ranged 6) [Unarmed +8 (Bruise)]
    Defense 7 (3 flat-footed)
    Initiative 5

SAVES
    Toughness 8 (8 flat-footed)
    Fortitude 8
    Reflex 5
    Will 8

SKILLS
    Acrobatics 2 (+3)
    Bluff 4 (+6)
    Climb (+4)
    Concentration (+2)
    Diplomacy (+2)
    Disguise (+2)
    Escape Artist (+1)
    Gather Info (+2)
    Handle Animal (+2)
    Intimidate 4 (+6)
    Notice (+2)
    Search (+1)
    Sense Motive 4 (+6)
    Stealth 2 (+3)
    Survival (+2)
    Swim (+4)
    Knowledge(Behavioral Sciences) 4 (+5)

LANGUAGES
    English

FEATS
    Improved Initiative (1)
    All-out Attack
    Attack Focus, Melee (1)
    Chokehold
    Crushing Pin
    Diehard
    Improved Grab
    Improved Grapple

POWERS
    Enhanced Strength 8
    Enhanced Constitution 12
    Immunity 5 (heat, cold, disease, poison, radiation)
    Leaping 3
    Impervious Toughness 6
    Regeneration 6 (Persistent, Regrowth) [1 round for bruised check, 5 min for injured check, 1 hour for disabled check]
    Mind Shield 5
    Growth 4 (Innate, Continuous, Permanent)
    Speed 3 [50 mph]

MOVEMENT
    Base Move: 30 ft/60 ft/120 ft
    Leaping: 180 ft/90 ft/45 ft
    Speed: 450 ft (50 mph)

LIFTING
    Light: 306 lbs, Med: 613 lbs, Heavy: 920 lbs
    Max: 1840 lbs, Push: 2.3 tons

DRAWBACKS
    Involuntary Transform: Pulled into soulscape [UC: DC 15] [Abs: DC X]

SUMMARY
    Abilities 12 + Skills 5 (20 ranks) + Feats 8 + Powers 59 + Combat 30 + Saves 10 – Drawbacks -4 = 120 / 120

BACKGROUND
    Trevor's parents were brutally murdered in front of his eyes when he was five years old. It did not take long for what are politely termed “behavioral difficulties” to crop up. The young child would lash out at random, attacking doctors, psychologists, and any other who simply seemed to bother him. In truth, Trevor was taking a glimpse into these people's souls, fighting for his life in the sick and twisted minds of rapists, pedophiles, and abusers. The boy was transferred to progressively more severe and restrictive mental institutions. This, of course, was the worst place for Trevor, as the minds he encountered there were more deranged and violent the further into the system he got. Eventually, the boy was locked in into his cell, largely forgotten about, only let out for what was required, when anybody remembered. The only escape he had was to jump into the soulscapes of those that surrounded him. He learned to shield himself from the worst horrors he found, his expression growing tall and powerful, able to outrun, out-jump, and outfight the dark things. With this protection, Trevor eventually calmed down, began to interact with people on more normal level, and was eventually released. He faces the same question everyone who was just released from an institutionalized system does though - “Now what?”

Soulscape
    Trevor's soulscape is fitting for such a large and powerful figure. It looks like something out of the dream of an ancient sage telling of the dwelling place of the gods. Rolling fields of green grass give way to dark forests of astoundingly tall trees. Mountains of impossible height pierce the icy-blue sky and crystalline lakes dip downwards to untold depths. To what would be "south" in the real-world, it gets warmer, giving way to jungle and tropical islands. Distance has little to no meaning in this place. The landscape is patrolled by behemoths, creatures of immense size and ferocity. The landscape defends itself. Despite the scale of the landscape itself, everything still seems the right size for a human, if only to emphasize the power and enormity of its creator.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Seth Credeo

Spoiler
    Show

Seth Credeo
    Energybender

APPEARANCE
    Size: Medium (-1 Modifier)
    Height: 5'8”
    Weight: 140
    Hair: Dark-Blonde (Bluish glow inside soulscapes)
    Eyes: Green / Blue (fluorescent)

Seth is a sportively built guy. He's quite muscled, but not body-builder like.
    Inside soulscapes, his appearance barely changes. He gets a slight blue-ish glow, that comes from the energy he's constantly manipulating. He usually wears jeans and a t-shirt, though tanktops will do as well.

POWER LEVEL
    Power Level: 8
    Power Points: 120
    Max Attack: 8
    Max Defense: 8
    Max Save DC: 8
    Max Toughness: 8

ABILITIES
    STR: 16 (+3)
    DEX: 24 (+7)
    CON: 18 (+4)
    INT: 10 (+0)
    WIS: 10 (+0)
    CHA: 10 (+0)

COMBAT
    Attack 4 (Melee) 7 (Ranged)
    Defense 5
    Initiative 7

SAVES
    Toughness 8
    Fortitude 7
    Reflex 13
    Will 4

SKILLS
    Acrobatics (+7)
    Climb (+3)
    Drive (+7)
    Escape Artist (+7)
    Notice 3(+13)
    Pilot (+7)
    Ride (+7)
    Sense Motive 2(+9)
    Sleight of Hand (+7)
    Stealth 2 (+7)
    Swim (+3)

LANGUAGES
    English

FEATS
    Move-by Action
    Stunning Attack
    Uncanny Dodge
    Weapon Bind
    Selective (Force Field)
    Extended Reach (Forcefield +5ft)
    Homing (Blasts)

POWERS
    Enhanced Dexterity 6
    Enhanced Constitution 4
    Blast 8
    Force Field 5 (Impervious +1)
    Immunity 2 (Critical Hit)
    Paralyze 1
    Speed 7

MOVEMENT
    Base Move: 30 ft/60 ft/120 ft

LIFTING
    Light: 76 lbs, Med: 153 lbs, Heavy: 230 lbs
    Max: 460 lbs, Push: 1150 lbs

DRAWBACKS
    Involuntary change 3

SUMMARY
    Abilities 28 + Attack/Def 21 + Saves 24 + Skills 9 + Feats 5 + Powers 36 - drawbacks 3 = 120

BACKGROUND
    Seth is a 14 year old boy. He grew up in the centre of New York, as a rich kid. His parents were never home, though, and so he grew up with countless nannies and always felt alone. While being atlethic, Seth wasn't so bright as most kids, which quickly got him bullied at school. His teachers, on the other hand, loved him, as he was always eager to help others out, and very social too. He had this incredible gift, as if he could sense 'the energy' around him and other people, and react to it.

The bullying increased every year, and everytime he closed himself more and more to the public. It was at this moment that he began to feel the souls of people, later to be known as soulscapes.

The first time he got to acces a soulscape was when on a family trip (the first in 4 years) to central park. His father wasn't paying attention, and in the blink of an eye, a truck hit the front part of the car. The front half of the car, along with his father and mother, were gone, and he was left alone.
    Now, he lives on the streets, trying to survive, to build a life.

Seth's Soulscape
    Spoiler
    Show

In Seth's Soulscape, everything is more or less logical. There is normal ground, normal trees. Everything is blue though, exceps the sun. In this blue world, where everything is energy music is constantly heard. The tunes that get stuck into Seth's head, or the music he likes. Everything in the soulscape reverberates with this music, and takes on it's rythm. The whole world therefore feels like it's interacting, moving together.

Of course, the soulscape has defense mechanisms. Creatures, resembling animals come out of nowhere, using their bodies to attack you. Now here's the tricky part: While none of their attacks physically hurt you, they take little bits out of your energy, your soul, feeding themselves with it. The moment the last bit of your energy is taken....

You're gone....
    Last edited by gunnar11; 2013-02-04 at 06:04 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Waldemar Frost

Spoiler
    Show
    Waldemar Frost
    Reaper of Nightmares

Appearance
    Size: Medium
    Height: 5' 2”
    Weight: 100lbs
    Hair: Black-brown
    Eyes: Grey/Violet

Waldemar is very well kept, taking time to groom his appearance before being seen by others. His hair hands to his shoulders, but he almost always keeps it slicked back. His skin is very pale from spending much of his time indoors or in the dark. He frequently dons a black pea coat over top of a dark purple dress shirt tucked into black jeans. Inside of soulscapes his eyes change to a violet hue, and his hair is always let down to cover his face.

PL 8
    120 PP

Abilities - 25
    Str 11
    Dex 15
    Con 13
    Int 18
    Wis 15
    Cha 13

Saves - 8
    Toughness: 2 = -- + 0 + 2
    Fortitude: 2 = 2 + 0 + 2
    Reflex : 3 = 3 + 0 + 3
    Will : 6 = 3 + 0 + 3

Combat - 16
    Defense : 18
    Initiative : +3
    Melee Attack : 4
    Ranged Attack: 4
    Hero Points : 1

Feats - 3
    Fearsome Presence
    Low-Profile
    Sneak Attack
    Well-Informed

Languages
    German
    English

Skills - 12
    Intimidate – 12 Ranks
    Stealth - 12 Ranks
    Bluff – 12 Ranks
    Gather Information – 12 Ranks

Powers - 61
    Soulscape Control – 6 Ranks, 36 Points
    Death Touch – 25 Ranks, 25 Points

Damaging

Drawbacks/Complications
    Addiction to spirit energy - +3
    Secret
    Temper
    Glass Cannon
    Physical Touch required to use soulscape command - +3

Backstory
    Ever since his birth, Waldemar's life has been plagued with tragedy and loss. His mother died in childbirth after he and his twin sister were born. Their father blamed them for her death and frequently abused, both physically and mentally, them as a result. His twin sister, Rosemarie, received it more than he did though, since she was born a few minutes after him. When they were seven years old, their father beat Rosemarie to death in a drunken rage. Waldemar reacted by attacking his father, biting and scratching at him. As a result of the physical contact, he entered the soulscape of his father, and tortured him to death. For almost a year afterward he continued to go to school, living on the streets of Berlin, until people began to question the “disappearance” of his sister and father. Waldemar stowed away of a ship headed to New York when he was eight, and has lived there ever since. The only object he considers his is a small golden locket with a picture of his late sister that is always on his person.

Soulscape
    A desert where the sand is formed from obsidian. There are frequent sand storms that birth whirlwinds of the glass-like sand, which can prove deadly to those not in cover. The sky is dark violet in color with a black sun which gives an appearance of eternal night with heat of the day in the Sahara. When the sun sets, horrid creatures born from the blackest of nightmares emerge from the sand to devour intruders. There is a lone tower that provides safety from the heat and the monsters, though finding it is extremely difficult. Something inside the tower keeps the monsters away, keeps the heat out, but finding it endangers all those inside.
    Last edited by Reverend1124; 2013-01-29 at 06:10 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5

Nice google-translate-german going on there xD

Where are you actually from?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

I am actually from The U.S., but I am taking a German course this semester so I thought it would be fun to have a German character. Though I am mostly German myself.

And I apologize beforehand on any mistake I might make during this, seeing as it is my first game. The only thing that helps is that the GM is my roommate and so he can immediately answer all of my many questions XD
    "The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the same as the difference between lightning and a lightning bug." ~ Mark Twain

7. - Top - End - #7

Cuz I noticed how you forgot to put the 'halte(n)' at the end of the phrase

And being roommates with the GM? Unfair :smallsad:

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Haha, I have to use a translator for now, but hopefully as this goes on I won't. And don't worry, he doesn't tell me anything about what is coming up later, nor do I want him to. The only thing he does is answer my questions about procedural things.
    "The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the same as the difference between lightning and a lightning bug." ~ Mark Twain

9. - Top - End - #9

I wonder: Where do you people make the rolls? (cuz it's not the forum diceroller...)

And: What's HP? Extra Effort, I get, but HP I do not.

GM: You said that I couldn't have such a high Notice, so I substracted 2 points off the skill and added 1 to hade Extend on my Forcefield (5feet radius), and homing to my blasts, is that ok?
    (changed it on my sheet)

10. - Top - End - #10

OrcBarbarianGuy

We use the Dungeons and Dragons official online dice roller. I find it's a lot more player friendly.

HP stands for Hero Point.

And yes, that is acceptable, and in the long run will work a lot better for you. Carry on.

11. - Top - End - #11

OrcBarbarianGuy

Addendum: Though Forcefield is still a sustained power, so if you're distracted or make another action without making a successful concentration it will be dispelled.

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by Julian84 View Post
    We use the Dungeons and Dragons official online dice roller. I find it's a lot more player friendly.

HP stands for Hero Point.

And yes, that is acceptable, and in the long run will work a lot better for you. Carry on.
    The isn't the site unbalanced? Oh well...
    How do you get to see the results, though?

And moreover: Activating the forcefield is a free action, so blasting and putting it up again shouldn't be a problem, right?
    (or is that too nitpicking the rules?)

13. - Top - End - #13

OrcBarbarianGuy

Well, I prefer to think I can trust my players to accurately report their roles without deceit. If I detect dishonesty, I talk with them about it.

At any rate,you cannot activate and deactivate a power in the same turn, even if it is a free action. The activation lasts until the next turn, when you can then deactivate it if you choose.
    Last edited by Julian84; 2013-02-04 at 06:17 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14

OrcBarbarianGuy

As a small note, Gunnar, are you actually attacking? The forcefield is fine as long as you sit there and do nothing. It's only if you're actively distracted or making an attack that I'd have you make the roll.

15. - Top - End - #15

Oh, right.
    Then no, I'm just sitting there concentrating on maintaining my forcefield to defend everyone, and myself.

Next round I might attack

Spoiler
    Show

Observe before attacking, RP rules

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Oh yeah! Sissy knight can't penetrate these mighty pectorals! POWER!

17. - Top - End - #17

Quote Originally Posted by cgrela View Post
    Oh yeah! Sissy knight can't penetrate these mighty pectorals! POWER!
    Was that a dutch link or did my browser just mess up?

Anyway: It was awesome, and a little bit screamy...

18. - Top - End - #18

OrcBarbarianGuy

Cgrela:
    To attack multiple people at once, you need the split attack power feat, use an area attack, have the autofire power feat, or use extra effort to turn your unused move action into a standard action.

The last one would work as both enemies are adjacent to him, so for a pretty low price he could easily attack them like that.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

With the improved grapple and improved grab feats, I can make a grapple check as a free action after a successful melee attack, and I only need one hand to do it.

Oh, and the crushing pin and suffocating feats make it even worse. Damage + suffocation for those I grapple and pin.
    Last edited by Space Lawyer; 2013-02-04 at 07:56 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, I meant the punch and grapple happen to the same knight, but I like your interpretation better anyways.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Hey everyone, sorry for breaking the momentum. Work and after-work yesterday made it hard to get to posting.
    07/03/2018: I’m back. The long break was necessary.

Discord Tag #4097

22. - Top - End - #22

OrcBarbarianGuy

Gunnar, you can't actually see what Waldemar is doing. All you know is that he went through the wall and that's it.

The basic geography is as such: You're in the keep, which is in the center of the courtyard. Specifically, you're in the great hall, which is higher up within the keep. Waldemar was launched out, bounced off of the courtyard forcefield, and then was sent flying over the wall. As such, he is well beyond your sight.

As for the Forcefield question, the answer is you would have to buy a power feat in limited telekinesis.
    Last edited by Julian84; 2013-02-09 at 12:41 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23

Thanks for answering the question.

As for my post. I'm really sick at the moment, so I'll change it tomorrow.
    Sorry for the delay

24. - Top - End - #24

OrcBarbarianGuy

Everyone roll a will check.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Will Check:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[15]
    Last edited by Reverend1124; 2013-02-18 at 10:45 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Will save, auto-succeed if DC modifier is <5: (1d20+8)[23]

Discord Tag #4097

27. - Top - End - #27

OrcBarbarianGuy

As a small note, y'all can react in the IC thread, this is just a bit of housekeeping for the future

28. - Top - End - #28

Will save: (1d20+4)[23]

There ya go!

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

What is the distance from where we are now to Agatha? I can cover 630 feet per round, and Seth can probably cover even more. It would be a nasty surprise for Seth to pop up right in front of her then have a tank come crashing down on her head.

Discord Tag #4097

30. - Top - End - #30

Quote Originally Posted by cgrela View Post
    What is the distance from where we are now to Agatha? I can cover 630 feet per round, and Seth can probably cover even more. It would be a nasty surprise for Seth to pop up right in front of her then have a tank come crashing down on her head.
    Following up on that: How wide/high is the opening she's running towards?
    Are the stalactites massive or thin?

And yes, I can cover more than that