New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Beer Hat?

1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Zombie

Default Beer Hat?

What would you think of an item that essetially works as a beer hat. You can store up to two potions on the side of the helm and a straw extends down to your mouth so you can drink a potion in a move action (or part of a move action) without spending your standard action?
    "I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
    - Terry Pratchett

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Beer Hat?

That could work. Good idea.
    Click for spoilers on my site!

Uber cool "dire piano" avatar by Mr.Saturn!

I'm apparently a Neutral Good Human Druid (3rd Level) good ol' tests.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

Heh, don't even change it, just have it like a decantur of endless water, but with beer instead. Stick it on a Drunken Master or whatever its called and he has permanent kung fu goin' on.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_Vorpal_Tribble View Post
    Heh, don't even change it, just have it like a decantur of endless water, but with beer instead. Stick it on a Drunken Master or whatever its called and he has permanent kung fu goin' on.
    I think you missed the part about using it for potions, VT.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki_Akuma View Post
    I think you missed the part about using it for potions, VT.
    Nope, saw it, just thought the basic idea without changing it was also interesting ;)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Heck, it's not even really unbalanced or anything, there are lots of things that can go in the head slot (headband of int, hat of the disguise....uhh helm of brillance....helm of opposing alingment?) okay, so theres not many good head items, but still the fact that your using your eq slot for a couple of quick potions is balanced.
    "Sometimes, we’re heroes. Sometimes, we shoot other people right in the face for money."

-Shadowrun 4e, Runner's Companion

7. - Top - End - #7

Zombie

Now the big question...what would you charge for such an item?

Can't make it too cheap or every 1st level character would be wearing one, can't make it too pricey cause all it is really is a container.

Would 500GP be enough?
    "I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
    - Terry Pratchett

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

I wouldn't imagine too much. It's not a problum for first level characters to own, how many potions could they possibly afford. It would need to be a sturdy skullcap with two specialy designed bottles and a two tough, flexible tubes (aka, the hard part).

500gp acually seems about right, maybe a little cheeper.
    "Sometimes, we’re heroes. Sometimes, we shoot other people right in the face for money."

-Shadowrun 4e, Runner's Companion

9. - Top - End - #9

Zombie

After some thought I agree, 500GP seems too much and potions don't start to become common until mid levels...330GP is where I think I'll set the price limit for this item (it would be rather hard to create in a medievil period).
    - Terry Pratchett

10. - Top - End - #10
    Banned

This could definitly be a fun thing to put on like some Giant or ogre, put a pair of heroism potions on it and when the heros have almost killed the thing it sucks down the potion

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

Well, there is potion belt in FR allowing you to drink potions as free action, still provokin AoO. They store like 4-6 potions. If these head thingies would store only two and still drink as a move action but not provoke AoO...
    Maggots in the Meat: IC thread, OOC thread, dierolls

12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oklahoma, where the air elementals carry brooms

Quote Originally Posted by The_Vorpal_Tribble View Post
    You know that thing would become the standard helmet for any dwarven warrior in no time flat. ....Even if it grants absolutely no head protection.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

And for the more light-hearted campaigns, you could include:

Feel Like a Man
    Twice per day you may attempt to astonish opponents by crushing an empty potion bottle on your head. User takes 1d4 piercing damage.
    I am trying out LPing. Check out my channel here: Triaxx2

14. - Top - End - #14

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasos989 View Post
    Well, there is potion belt in FR allowing you to drink potions as free action, still provokin AoO. They store like 4-6 potions. If these head thingies would store only two and still drink as a move action but not provoke AoO...

Good idea. You're not really pulling things out of a bag or anything so it would make sense to not provoke AoO's.
    - Terry Pratchett