A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default The MacAndrews Art Forum

A new man has come to town, and his only passion is the arts. From drawing, to writing, painting, singing, acting, playing all sorts of instruments, body art, engineering, smithing, architecture, masonry, or any manner of expression, he has a love and hand in it. Josiah MacAndrews is his name, and his home is the site of many things, all in some manner or another related to the arts. He now opens it to The Town, so that all might come and appreciate or purchase his works.

The building sits nestled in an average part of town. It's broad, three story frame seems quiet enough on the outside, but the first step inside shows nothing but chaos. The first floor holds all manner of drawings, painting, and other created arts. Most are in stacks or rows along the walls, while some of the most beautiful works ever seen hang from the walls. In each corner stands a statue, twice as tall as a man, holding beautifully worked weapons. In the back is a small studio where other pieces are in the works. Supplies lie scattered about on the floor, on chairs, on desks, generally just about everywhere. In one corner is a chair with inks and needles are laid out scrupulously. This is the one part of the Forum where everything is meticulously organized.
    The second floor houses musical instruments. Nearly every type imaginable can be found in large supply. Along the walls are several curious looking gems that hover on beautifully wrought stone pillars. Some glow, some hum slightly, while others, if you put your ear very very close to it, emit music. Onc again chaos is rampant. While the instruments are cared for, each cased or housed in protective holders, there seems to be no order to their placing. All of the stuff is randomly strewn about.
    The third floor is locked up. Presumably this is where Josiah actually lives, though you can't be sure.
    Two young men can usually be found here. Micheal and Landry are their names, and they are Josiah's apprentice's. If they're not working in the shop itself they can be found working on their "homework". Josiah, while carefree and easy going, is a tough taskmaster and insists on the boys constantly practicing at art. In return he provides for them and teaches them his trade. They can easily help you if Josiah is not around.

OOC: This is the Art Forum! Come in, have a look around, chat with the other customers, do what you please! Practically all of the things in here are for sale, or if you're interested in commisioning something to be done feel free to ask! Prices are reasonable and turnaround is fast. Josiah is also a Master Tattoo artist and body piercer, so if you're interested in that then he can provide. Be warned, the statues in the corners are not for sale. They are, in fact, golems that have been enchanted to guard the Forum. So no five finger discounts, please. Other than that, enjoy yourselves!
    Last edited by The_Paradigm; 2006-11-06 at 11:58 PM.
    Ok, screw this. The world can save itself. I'm only here for the money and fame. And the WOMEN.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Th MacAndrews Art Forum

Gwen walks into the shop and starts looking through the artwork
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Josiah hears someone come in and goes to check on them, leaving the studio in the back and bringing Micheal with him. "Well, good morning! What brings you to my little corner of the multiverse? I'm Josiah, owner and proprieter of this place, by the way. This is one of my apprentices Micheal."
    Ok, screw this. The world can save itself. I'm only here for the money and fame. And the WOMEN.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Hello, I'm Gwen, as she extends a hand in greeting.
    Last edited by wxdruid; 2006-11-08 at 12:49 PM.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

"Nice to meet you Gwen. Is there something I can do for you? Or would you like to just look at the stuff lying around here? No, I'll bet you want a tattoo, don't you?"

OOC: It's not a sales pitch, it's just the way Josiah is. Especially when he's in a manic mood like he is right now.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Gwen smiles, No, no tattoo. I'm looking for some artwork to compliment something I already have. This place reminds me of my brother, he has artwork stacked everywhere. The piece I already have looks like .....and she describes http://www.geocities.com/zodpaint/HILINE.html
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

"Oh, I know the style. Wonderful work from that school. I love doing it when I have the patience for it." He wanders around the shop, also sending Micheal to glance through and see if he can spot anything useful.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Gwen smiles and watches him wander around the shop, knowing that he knows where all of his artwork is.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

"Aha! Here we go. I knew I had something like this around here. Is this http://www.palettesofvision.com/Impr...tumn_small.jpg
    something you would be interested in? If not I can look around some more, or even make something for you."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Gwen looks at it with a critical eye. I like the color in the trees and the water, but the background isn't quite right, do you have anything else I can look at?
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

Josiah smiles good-naturedly. "I think I might have somethings else around here. Let me do some more digging."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

Josiah returns a few seconds later with another similar painting. "This happens to be one of my favorites that I've done. I remember when I painted it. What a day."

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_sear...ghtboxID=12483

OOC: It's the first one. Titled Minnesota Autumn.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Gwen looks at the painting and immediately falls in love with it, That one is perfect, I love it. How much.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

Josiah smiles again, but this time with satisfaction. "I'll tell you what. Since you are my first customer in the town and you are obviously an appreciator of the arts, I'll run a special. It's free. On two conditions, though. First, be sure and tell your friends about this place. Second, let me take you to dinner sometime."

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Gwen smiles and blushes at the last part. Are you sure you want to give it to me without payment? I know my brother more often than not is a starving artist.

As for telling my friends I certainly will. There are some beautiful works of art here.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

"Why thank you. I don't think that most of these are very good, but then again, everyone is their own worst critic. You shouldn't worry about me either, I have more than enough money. I've been blessed so well that I can do art for the sheer love of it. I don't know of any way I could be happier." He quickly sends Micheal off with the painting to wipe it down and then wrap it. "It'll be just a few minutes bfore Micheal gets done with that. In the meantime, I think I'll be having an impromptu dance contest at Trog's either tonight ot tomorrow night. Would you care to be my partner?"

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Gwen smiles I'm afraid I don't know to many dances other than the waltz and a few slow ones, but it sounds like fun. and something to take my mind off other things
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

"Wonderful! Don't worry about the dancing. Just follow my lead and you should be ok." Micheal returns with the painting wrapped in oil paper and tied with silk twine. "It's done sir, just the way you taught me." "Good work, Micheal. Go with Gwen and deliver it wherever she wants and then hurry back, alright? I want to start teaching you about texture shading today since you've been doing so well with the contour line drawings." Josiah turns back to Gwen and smiles. "Thanks for coming by. It's been a real pleasure. I'll have one of my boys come tell you when I'll be doing the contest at Trog's. Oh, and if you ever change your mind about some ink then let me know. I've got some designs that I'm sure would look great on you."

OOC: Is the avatar in your sig Gwen?

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Darn Lillah will probably miss the dance contest being in jail and all.))
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Gwen smiles I'll hang it in my office at the courthouse. Just let me know when and I'll be there at Trog's and yes I'm quite sure I don't want any tattoos.

((yes, the avi is Gwen))
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    ((Darn Lillah will probably miss the dance contest being in jail and all.))
    ((Don't worry, Earin will break her out or something. ))

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

((You'd have to convince her to go.))
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

"I'll see you there, then.", he says with a smile before turning and heading back to his studio.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Gwen waves and she leaves with Micheal following her
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Destro walks in. Hello? Is anyone here?
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

Josiah comes to the front of the Forum and answers. "Of course there is. I'm Josiah, owner and proprieter. What can I do for you, Mr. ...?"

OOC: Sorry it took so long to reply. I've been doing stuff on other sites.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Destro. I noticed your building and decided to have a look. Destro looks around the room he's in. Quite an interesting place.

((That's ok. So was I. The webcomics I read all update around now.))

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

"Well then, feel free to browse around. Perhaps there's something I could interest you in? I know! A piercing! Yes. Something in the nose. Or maybe two in the lip. Hmmm... You'd look good."

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

((The way Destro currently looks is an illusion/disguise. He's a lich, and doesn't have lips or a nose.))

Er, ah. No thanks. I'd prefer a painting, to tell the truth. Like a portrait. It would look good in the living room.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

"Ah, I see. So would you like to have a portrait of yourself? I don't have very many lying around."