Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 2205
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: (PF) Rise of the Runelords: Burnt Offerings IC

    The goblin ducks out of the way of Cipriano's rapier, which skewers nothing but a piece of its raggedy shirt. It sticks its tongue out mockingly at the young priest...

    Rico's charge attack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gob1 AoO: (1d20+6)[20]
    Damage: (1d4+1)[5]
    Gob2 AoO: (1d20+6)[7]
    Improvised weapon damage from table: (3d6)[13] (attack roll included +2 to flank since Cipriano showed up)


    ... only to be unceremoniously crushed under the combined looming mass of a very angry half-orc deputy and one of Sandpoint's sturdiest drinking tables. The salmon-raiding goblin looks up in a panic as Rico slams her makeshift-shield down and makes a leap for it, instinctively lashing out blindly with its dogslicer. The tiny blade draws a deep welt of crimson on Rico's arm before its owner, too, is smashed into oblivion by the drinking table.


    Combat over, Initiative ends.

    Rico takes 5 damage from the dogslicer.

    There are now three dead goblins and one unconscious goblin (over at Sirus' feet).
    Last edited by maggie_mcknife; 2013-02-08 at 09:40 PM.
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

    MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

    Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010

    Default Re: (PF) Rise of the Runelords: Burnt Offerings IC

    Setsuna flicks the blood off her blade and kicks away the goblin's corpse before scanning the area, seeing that the other two have been dealt with. "These things are pretty stupid but surely they would not attack a town of this size with only three de gozaru. Be on the look out." She glances over the assembled group of those who fought, It's nice to see that so many people are willing to fight to defend the commoners, and then at Red to whisper "Thank you for the assistance," before returning to her search.

    Perception check to look for other goblins or signs of trouble. (1d20-1)[12]
    Last edited by Desril; 2013-02-08 at 10:37 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Miraqariftsky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stormwracked verdant hive
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: (PF) Rise of the Runelords: Burnt Offerings IC

    Rico, Blessed, Raging
    HP 27/22
    AC 15/19 (-2 Armour, -2 Rage)


    A moment's pain as the crude blade parts leather and flesh just before the massive weight of the makeshift tower shield pulps its malformed skull... Frowning dispassionately, Rico uses its edge to scrape the the corpses clear of the still-standing table that they were raiding.

    Must... minimize... collateral... damage... in terms of... both lives... and property...

    The great hunk of wood in her left arm slowly sags under its own weight and the bleeding, its bloodied edge thunking into the plaza's gravel. Hunched over, breathing heavily, a barely restrained creature of primal wrath, Rico deliberately straightens, expelling the breath from her lungs in one good HUUUUFFF.

    She addresses those others who'd helped in the fray, "All y'all, good job. Father Fox, thanks fer the assist. Yeh might want ta keep yer fancy-fancy when dealing yer god's... miniministrationizings. You there, pugilist. Well done. The Watch could use someone like ye iffen ye don't mind my saying. Setsuna, yer right at that. Rrrrrrrred, on the lookout, if ye please."

    Spoiler
    Show

    Readying Charge at next group of hostiles.
    [Can't take 10, since it's a danger-situation] Perception check (1d20+8)[11]
    Avatarcred: HELL YEAH to THE Oneris! Ma'am, thank you, ma'am.
    Previous Avatars: by Dr Bath, Strawberries, zimmerwald1915

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: (PF) Rise of the Runelords: Burnt Offerings IC

    Red

    Red pushes her hair out of her eyes with the back of her hand, her heart still pounding, looking down at the slain goblin with an odd expression on her face.

    That word... she ought to know what it meant. It probably wasn't a nice word. But what? It was one thing to kill a goblin that was attacking you. But to make a bad word on its head for everyone to see after it was dead?

    Red wasn't very good with words, but she knew that words could hurt people. Oh yes, they could. There were words that stayed with you in the middle of the night, on lonely roads. Words which didn't let you sleep. Words to make you wish you were dead.

    Shaking her head, Red sighs quietly and straightens up - no point thinking about it now. Not when the town is in trouble, she can still hear shouts and a whole bunch of awful chittering goblin noises. She glances sharply at Setsuna when thanked, but merely lowers her head and murmurs, her voice trailing off at the end. "...But... I didn't even hit it..."

    A quick look around the area only reveals townsfolk fleeing in all directions with no sign of Father Zantus. Why did she have to be so bloody short?

    Moving swiftly over to Rico, she touches her friend lightly on the elbow, her voice low with concern "...You're hurt. Goblin knives... they're not clean. You need to get help."
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

    MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

    Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: (PF) Rise of the Runelords: Burnt Offerings IC

    GM Post for Mandraiv:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Swallowtail festival had been going swimmingly for you right up to the moment the goblins attacked. You'd had your fill of cousin Ameiko's wonderful curried salmon, making sure to comment as loudly as you could on how none of the dishes offered up by the other taverns could compare, not even the peppercorn venison from the White Deer. You'd played the balance beam and weightlifting games, laughing along with the rest of the town. You hadn't won a thing at the wallet-snatch game, but that was all right, because you'd won something else despite your clumsiness - the attention of Katrine Vinder, stuffy Ven Vinder's eldest daughter. Nevermind what the washerwomen had been saying about the girl shacking up with some lumberman at the mill. The old bags were probably just jealous that they weren't as delicious as dear sweet Katrine.

    Oh yes. She'd been quite willing to leave the games and toothsome nibbles behind to creep into the alley behind her father's general store to nibble on you instead. Alas, you'd gotten no further than unlacing the strings of her bodice when the screams first started. At first, you were annoyed at the distraction, dismissing it as someone's childish prank - after all, Katrine was definitely worth screaming over too. When Ameiko comes pounding down the alley calling your name though, clutching her samisen in her fist, you realise that something really serious has come up.

    Pulling on your shirt and whispering a hurried apology to Katrine, you'd rushed after Ameiko as fast as you could. "It's a goblin attack! Get back to the town square and make sure everyone gets out safely! Some of those beasts have torches - don't let 'em set anything on fire either. GO!" She barks at you, dodging frightened townsfolk before giving you a smart slap on the shoulder. The last you see of your cousin before she is lost in the crowd, she is cradling her samisen to her chest, plucking forth the sweet strains of a bardic melody.

    You continue to sprint down Main Street, make a sharp left on Tower street, making your way towards the Square as fast as you can. Progress is difficult due to the sheer amount of people running everywhere. You can hear the goblins jeer and screech, but you can't see them.
    Last edited by maggie_mcknife; 2013-02-09 at 09:48 AM.
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

    MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

    Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Miraqariftsky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stormwracked verdant hive
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: (PF) Rise of the Runelords: Burnt Offerings IC

    "Yer right at that, Red. Worry ye not o'ermuch, 'sjust a scratch..." Looking down at the concerned Red, the halforc deputy grimaces. She lets her improvised club-qum-shield sag to the cobbles, sheathes the shortsword in her right hand then shrugs off her greatcoat, draping it on the toppled table's unbloodied edge.

    Working with professional efficency, she squeezes her wounded left forearm to quicken the bleeding. She then rips the scarlet silk blouse--- the only fancy thing she owns, worn only at Red's request earlier this morning--- seizes a bottle of brandy nearby and soaks the now-ragged strip of cloth. While setting to bandaging her wound, she snorts and she jokes at Red, "Hrhmm. Sorry 'bout ruinin' yer idea. Looks like we'll hafta wear earplugs next time Missus Mila comes along, eh?"

    With nary a wince, she flexes her freshly cleansed, freshly bandaged arm and nods judiciously. She takes out her shortsword from its spine-sheath and gives the broad, slightly curved blade a twirl. Those who would be savvy to such matters might recognize the metalwork as once having belonged to a now-broken, now-mended Sarenite sabre, with the Dawnflower's icon on the silver pommel.

    She then spares a smile at Red as she says, "Don't worry. Be it the road or the sea, fighting inna line, inna pack, it don't matta iffen yer deh one wot does deh killshot or deh one wot backboards wi' flankin'. A team's a team, izzennit?"
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2013-02-09 at 05:14 AM.
    Avatarcred: HELL YEAH to THE Oneris! Ma'am, thank you, ma'am.
    Previous Avatars: by Dr Bath, Strawberries, zimmerwald1915

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    North_Ranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (PF) Rise of the Runelords: Burnt Offerings IC

    Cipriano
    HP 14/14
    AC 18


    Spoiler
    Show
    Spells:
    0: Stabilize, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Guidance
    1: Bless, Summon Monster I, Shield of Faith, Protection from Evil

    Channel Energy: IIIII


    Cipriano offered a polite bow at the somewhat backhanded compliment the half-orcess offered him. I guess this is what Uncle Silviu meant about 'carnie proficiency', he chuckled to himself. Even if you screw things up, pretend that you meant to do it and wait for the applause.

    "I'll remember to ask the Drunken Hero for his aid in a more terse manner in the future", he said out loud, then hearing the short redhead's worry about the half-orc's wounds. "In fact, if you'll allow me..."

    With that, the young cleric laid his hand just above the fresh, bleeding wound. The touch of his gloved hand felt cool on the half-orc's boiling flesh, until he spoke. "Cayden. This one", Cipriano spoke, his eyes and mouth suddenly bathed in the electric blue light that had accompanied Cayden Cailean's blessing. Same divine glow flowed from his hand into the wound, mending rent flesh and cauterizing ruptured veins.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Channel energy: (1d6)[3]
    So that's three points back.


    Just as quickly as the divine surge had appeared, it dissipated once more, leaving behind a throbbing, partially mended wound. "There... I hope that helped eased the pain, at least. I would look into it more closely, but I fear that today's battles are not yet over. But me and Cayden, we still have a few tricks up our sleeves. When the enemy comes, wait by me just a heartbeat, and you will see."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception check: [roll]1d20+4[/roll]
    Last edited by North_Ranger; 2013-02-09 at 05:21 AM.
    IN MEMORIAM 1983-2013. Bot as necessary.

    Avatar courtesy of Elder Tsofu

    Halforums.com - For the love of God, don't ask about the steak.

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    North_Ranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (PF) Rise of the Runelords: Burnt Offerings IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, once more with gusto... Perception check: (1d20+4)[14]

    Also, Bless up for another 18 rounds.
    IN MEMORIAM 1983-2013. Bot as necessary.

    Avatar courtesy of Elder Tsofu

    Halforums.com - For the love of God, don't ask about the steak.

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Miraqariftsky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stormwracked verdant hive
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: (PF) Rise of the Runelords: Burnt Offerings IC

    Face still set in her standard scowl
    Rico grabs Father Fox' hand and gaze
    Gives it one good pump and says in a growl
    "Meant, unless ye want ta just awe an' graze
    A real fight don't need no twirly flourishes."

    She lets go of his hand and raises
    Her own in an open gesture
    Or a Sarenite gesture?
    The middle and the ring
    Close, flashing the Lamashi Horned Hound
    Then the rest of the open hand
    Closes into an iron fist
    While above, her face half-smiles
    Reflecting old pirates' friendly wiles
    As she says, "Still, thanks fer yer 'ealin' bless, Father Fox.
    I don't like makin' more foes'n need ta list'
    Under chains or a shallow grave."

    Somber and serious, she glares at the Minister of Merrymaking's
    Making good and making brave.
    "Aside from you doin' yer duty an' me doin' my duty,
    Over, ah, earlier, ye reckon 'tis safe ta say ain't no 'ard feelin's?"


    ((Ha-hah, and yes, still IC. None of the conversation lines have rhymes with each other. Huh. Aside from the multiple internal rhymes of the second-to-the-last and the unpartnered line ending with '...Father Fox'.))
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2013-02-09 at 07:05 AM.
    Avatarcred: HELL YEAH to THE Oneris! Ma'am, thank you, ma'am.
    Previous Avatars: by Dr Bath, Strawberries, zimmerwald1915

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (PF) Rise of the Runelords: Burnt Offerings IC

    Sirus

    Sirus, seeing that the immediate melee is over, starts to tie the goblin for later interrogation. After he is done, he walks over to the others, carrying the unconscious captive.

    " This. Must be secured."

    " The invasion. Is far. From over. More must. Be in danger."


    He then, totally oblivious and inexpressive, tries to hear any more signs of carnage.

    Perception (1d20+9)[11]

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mithric Gunn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: (PF) Rise of the Runelords: Burnt Offerings IC

    Cursing the goblins terrible timing, Mandraiv rushes to the town square, pausing for a moment to cast a protective spell. He keeps a wary eye out for any sign of goblins, and also checks the sky for any sign of telltale smoke.
    Spoiler
    Show
    perception: (1d20+1)[2]
    Casting Mage Armor, 2 hour duration

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: (PF) Rise of the Runelords: Burnt Offerings IC

    Red

    Managing a faint smile, Red pats Rico on the arm. "...S'ok. You look better in blue, anyway. Let's go. Make sure the town is... safe."

    *****

    GM post

    Mandraiv arrives at the town square, but try as he might, he can't seem to find any goblins. Where on earth could those nasty little beasts be?

    DC 4 Perception check:
    Spoiler
    Show
    There are lots of screaming Sandpointers running amok everywhere you look - it's a lot harder to spot the goblins as the little buggers just so damn tiny. You can hear the goblins, but you can't see them. What you can quite definitely see and smell though, is something burning. It appears that the cart that one of the tavern owners was using to store firewood has somehow caught fire...


    The large bloom of fire that happens next takes those of you who weren't paying attention by shock - bright orange tongues of flame leaping high into the air as thick grey plumes of smoke belch forth. A short distance away, a fuel cart has caught fire and burns madly away - if something isn't done soon, the fire might spread to the roof of the nearby town armoury.

    The arsonists responsible for this deed aren't bothering to hide themselves. A cheering trio of goblins wave their torches boldly, cavorting gleefully by the side of the burning cart to the scratchy, quavering voice of their warchanter.

    "Stab the Dog and Cut the Horse!
    Goblins Eat and Take by Force!
    "

    The goblin warchanter spots you right away. Without pausing once in her singing, she cracks her whip and makes a rude gesture in your direction. At once, two of the three torch-waving goblins spring to attention and bound towards you, grinning wickedly. The warchanter's intent is clear - to recover her captured comrade and exact revenge for her slain tribe-mates.

    *****

    Initiative rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sirus: (1d20+4)[7]
    Cipriano: (1d20+2)[12]
    Setsuna: (1d20+4)[13]
    Red: (1d20+5)[8]
    Rico: (1d20+1)[4]
    Mandraiv: (1d20+6)[12]

    Goblin Initiative Rolls:
    Gob1: (1d20+6)[10]
    Gob2: (1d20+6)[24]
    Gob3: (1d20+6)[10]
    Warchanter: (1d20+4)[14]


    Initiative Order:
    24 - Goblin 2
    14 - Goblin Warchanter
    13 - Setsuna
    12 - Cipriano
    12 - Mandraiv
    10 - Goblin 1
    10 - Goblin 3
    8 - Red
    7 - Sirus
    4 - Rico


    *****

    Goblin 2

    As far as goblins go, this one is exceptionally ugly, with a wide flattened skull and a flared smash nose. It has stolen a lacy bonnet from some unsuspecting lady and wears it rakishly atop the lizard skull already strapped to its head as a trophy - the effect is at once comedic and horrific. It rushes directly towards Cipriano with a wild whoop.

    Goblin 2:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20-1)[4]


    Unluckily for this goblin, it didn't bother to tie its prize down properly. The bonnet slips down over its eyes as it runs, causing the goblin to wail aloud and fumble blindly at its face, all the while trying to poke the torch into Cipriano's knee. Needless to say, the flailing torch comes nowhere near the cleric.

    *****

    Goblin Warchanter

    The warchanter is immensely displeased with the antics of her tribe-mate. Spitting in defiance on the ground, she sings lounder than ever, swaying from foot to foot, the tiny bone ornaments in her ears jangling as her eyes glow bright with fury.

    Move: Remains on C10
    Standard: Bardic Performance - Inspire Courage

    All goblins in this battle gain a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.


    *****

    Battle Map:


    Initiative Order:
    24 - Goblin 2
    14 - Goblin Warchanter
    13 - Setsuna
    12 - Cipriano
    12 - Mandraiv
    10 - Goblin 1
    10 - Goblin 3
    8 - Red
    7 - Sirus
    4 - Rico

    It is now Setsuna's turn.
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

    MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

    Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Miraqariftsky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stormwracked verdant hive
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: (PF) Rise of the Runelords: Burnt Offerings IC

    Rico, Blessed, Raging
    HP 20/22
    AC 13/19 (-2 Charge, -2 Armour, -2 Rage)


    Her coat shrugged back on, Rico seems about to answer Red when suddenly, the crackle of an inferno flashes through the screams of the crowd, choking smoke and waves of heat washing over the plaza.

    Frowning deeply, the grizzled guardswoman seizes an errant pennant fluttering on a now burning wind. No time nor space nor inclination to piss on the cloth, she dunks the thing into a nearby pitcher of water, waiting a few moments for it to soak.

    Meanwhile, she yells once more, "DAMNED MAGES! Y'all swift-footed friggers, get stuck in there and choke that frakker up! Take it alive, if ye can, but shut the frigger up! Fox, pray yer patron pisses on these scum. Red... you know wot ta do."

    The yellow-and-white-striped pennant soaked, she ties the thing around her face as a ward against the smoke. That done, she then takes up her Sarenite short-sabre and table-shield once more and prepares to charge at whichever of the goblins remains for her to charge at...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Raging! Charging! Flanking! Power Attacking!
    (1d20+9)[16]<---+1, forgot the bonus from Bless, sorry.
    (1d6+8)[13]
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2013-02-09 at 12:48 PM.
    Avatarcred: HELL YEAH to THE Oneris! Ma'am, thank you, ma'am.
    Previous Avatars: by Dr Bath, Strawberries, zimmerwald1915

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    North_Ranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (PF) Rise of the Runelords: Burnt Offerings IC

    Cipriano, Blessed
    HP 14/14
    AC 18


    Spoiler
    Show
    Spells:
    0: Stabilize, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Guidance
    1: Bless, Summon Monster I, Shield of Faith, Protection from Evil

    Channel Energy: IIIII


    The sudden explosion of flames and goblins caught Cipriano by surprised, leaving the half-orcess without an answer for now. He would have laughed at the comical bunglings of the bonnet-wearing goblin, were the screams of terrified Sandpoint citizenry there not to remind him that this was not some comedy in a Magnimar playhouse, but battle.

    Taking a cautionary step back to avoid the gumbling pyromaniac's whirling torch, the suddenly serious Caydenite cleric lifted his holy symbol high in the air and began his own chanting, as if to rival the goblin warsinger's keening voice. His voice was clear and powerful as words of power spoken in Celestial flowed from his lips, the frothing alemug symbol in his hand glowing with blinding light.

    A pilar of bright light fell from the heavens as Cipriano's chanting ended, the earth shaking as the pilar hit the ground just in front of the warchanter and his guardian. From the pilar rose a deep, echoing howl of a warhound, and a vision of a graceful yet powerfully built hunting dog charged from the glittering portal to the Heavens. The red-and-gold hound howled as it charged its enemies, fangs glistening as it sought to rip the warchanter's throat open.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Take a five-foot step back to D3 and cast summon monster I at C8, calling forth a lesser descendant of cayhounds, a celestial riding dog... which then attacks the warchanter.

    With smite evil, of course.

    Bite: (1d20+3)[19]
    Damage: (1d6+5)[9]
    On a succesful bite, the dog will attempt to trip the warchanter, without provoking AoO. CMB check: (1d20+3)[22]

    Summoned creature: Celestial riding dog
    Spoiler
    Show

    N Medium celestial animal
    Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, scent; Perception +8

    DEFENSES
    AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11 (+2 Dex, +1 natural)
    hp 13 (2d8+4)
    Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1
    SR 5
    Celestial - Resist Acid, Cold, and Electricity 5

    OFFENSE
    Speed 40 ft.
    Melee bite +3 (1d6+3 plus trip)
    Special Attacks Smite evil

    STATISTICS
    Str 15, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
    Base Atk +1; CMB +3; CMD 15 (19 vs. trip)
    Feats Skill Focus (Perception)
    Skills Acrobatics +6 (+14 jumping), Perception +8, Survival +1 (+5 scent tracking); Racial Modifiers +4 Acrobatics when jumping, +4 Survival when tracking by scent

    SPECIAL ABILITIES

    Smite evil 1/day as a swift action (adds CHA bonus (+0) to attack rolls and damage bonus equal to HD (+2) against evil foes; smite persists until target is dead or the celestial creature rests).


    Bless on for 17 more rounds.
    Summon Monster I on for two more rounds.
    Last edited by North_Ranger; 2013-02-09 at 12:55 PM.
    IN MEMORIAM 1983-2013. Bot as necessary.

    Avatar courtesy of Elder Tsofu

    Halforums.com - For the love of God, don't ask about the steak.

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010

    Default Re: (PF) Rise of the Runelords: Burnt Offerings IC

    Setsuna - Blessed (18), Arcane Pool +1(8)
    HP 16/16
    AC 16

    The explosion was more than enough to draw Setsuna's attention to the psychotic green pyromaniacs. Upon seeing the warchanter she begins casting a spell which causes her blade to start frosting over, and the moment that's done she rushes straight toward the warchanter. These things have to die before anyone else gets hurt, but the deputy did want it alive...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Spells:
    0 - Detect Magic, Arcane Mark, Spark
    1 - Shield, Frostbite

    Arcane Pool IIII


    She moves like a blur, spinning to dodge the reach of the nearest goblin as her sarashi vanishes in a puff of flame, though her mind is too focused on the goblin threat to notice that her breasts are now exposed as she covers the distance in a second to bring down the full might of her magically imbued sword on the goblin warchanter with the intent to render it unconscious.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Using Spell-Combat to cast Frostbite, followed by using the Sarashi's power to take an additional movement action and rush to the warchanter, provoking an AoO from Goblin 1.

    Making an acrobatics check to avoid the AoO at +10 DC to move at full
    speed without provoking. (1d20+4)[23]

    Using Spellstrike for both attacks since Frostbite remains active until I've discharged 1 use/cl.

    Attack: (1d20+6)[18] (+1 Bless, +1 Arcane Pool, -2 Spell Combat)
    2ndAtk: (1d20+6)[20] (+1 Bless, +1 Arcane Pool, -2 Spell Combat)
    Damage: (1d6+1)[5] non-lethal slashing + (1d6+2)[8] non-lethal cold, no save just fatigue.
    2ndDmg: (1d6+1)[7] non-lethal slashing + (1d6+2)[3] non-lethal cold, no save just fatigue, but does not create exhaustion.

    If the warchanter goes down on the first hit, the second is directed toward the adjacent goblin 3.

    (Did a lot this round and I can't preview the post without messing up rolls, may have to make grammatical edits or clarifications)
    Last edited by Desril; 2013-02-09 at 02:28 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mithric Gunn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: (PF) Rise of the Runelords: Burnt Offerings IC

    Mandraiv, Mage Armored
    15/15
    AC 16


    Mandraiv concentrates, and sends a whisper of an arcane lullaby wafting through the goblins mind, compelling sleep.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Sleep, centered near D9, so it will hit goblins 1 and 3, and the warchanter. DC 17, 4HD maximum, lowest HD affected first.
    Lord Havelock Vetinari Avatar by AlfredAmeoba.
    "A sense of terrifying admiration overcame him.
    He wondered what it was like in the Patrician's mind. All cold and shiny, he thought, all blued steel and icicles and little wheels clicking along like a huge clock. The kind of mind that would carefully consider its own downfall and turn it to advantage." "Every evil tyrant has a plan to rule the world. The good people don't seem to have the knack."-Terry Pratchett

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: (PF) Rise of the Runelords: Burnt Offerings IC

    Setsuna races towards the warchanter, looking more demon-like than ever with flame tracing her naked skin and her dark eyes blazing. The goblins surrounding the warchanter reflexively cower before her apparition, leaving her path to the warchanter clear.

    The warchanter sees Setsuna approaching and stubbornly stands her ground. Setsuna's clever precision strike to the side of the warchanter's head, however, leaves the goblin sprawling, knocked unconscious with the side of her head wreathed in tiny frost crystals. Another quick sweep of the katana, and the goblin warrior next to the warchanter crumples to the ground as well.

    Warchanter and Goblin 3 are now unconscious.


    Deprived of its prey, Cipriano's summon snarls its rage and turns on the remaining hapless goblin still near the cart. There is a wet tearing sound and a choked-off shriek - before anyone can say anything, the broken body of the goblin lies on the ground under the hound's paw, its head attached to its body by mere shreds of bloody skin. The celestial dog immediately turns to look at its summoner for approval, wagging its tail, its muzzle wet with thick green blood.

    Goblin 1 is dead.

    *****

    GM alteration: changing the locus of Sleep to C6 to target Goblin 2, aka Bonnet Goblin, since everything else is dead or unconscious.

    Goblin 2:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Will save: (1d20-1)[4]


    The goblin that tried to previously attack Cipriano suddenly feels inexplicably tired - Mandriav's spell has taken hold. Thinking longingly of its dingy goblin burrow and warm hay, it is fast asleep within seconds, gargling a large saliva bubble.

    *****

    Combat over, Initiative ends.

    Nobody in the party takes any damage.

    There is one sleeping goblin, three unconscious goblins (one warchanter, one warrior, one already trussed up by Sirus), and one dead goblin. The cart is still on fire.
    Last edited by maggie_mcknife; 2013-02-10 at 04:13 AM.
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

    MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

    Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: (PF) Rise of the Runelords: Burnt Offerings IC

    Red

    Red watches the combat, her head canted to one side in curiosity. It's been a while since she's had the privilege of seeing Minkai style fighting, and the priest's big dog was pretty fierce too. Why had the last goblin with the stupid hat fallen asleep though? And... and... she glances at Setsuna and immediately blushes as red as her hair.

    Oh.

    Sheathing her kukri, Red drops to one knee, scrambling through her backpack as fast as she can, reaching for the neatly folded monk tunic right at the bottom. Drawing it out, she approaches Setsuna from behind, doing her best to avert her eyes. It's not that she doesn't like the view... it's just... important. To see some things only at the right time. Burning town square time definitely wasn't the right time.

    Red gently places the tunic at Setsuna's feet, using her free hand to shield her gaze. "... Miss Setsuna. You should... put something on." She says quietly, hoping that the men at least have the respect to not look either.

    Red then moves over to the burning cart and grabs hold of the axle, which hasn't quite caught fire yet, ignoring the blistering pain in her hands from the smouldering wood. "Rico! Need help here!"

    Strength check to move cart:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[13]
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

    MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

    Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Miraqariftsky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stormwracked verdant hive
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: (PF) Rise of the Runelords: Burnt Offerings IC

    Apparently, her improvised squad is too efficient as they take action and quell the immediate hostiles even before she could get there. Rico grimaces, flexing her wounded arm, wondering if that's to blame or the dozen or so beers she'd put away.

    And then she sees what she'd initially dismissed as combat damage, only to confirm with a slack-jawed unblinking stare. The open mouth slowly closes back into a scowl as another face and another more melodious voice seem to replace Setsuna's... another fight, another drink, another night, another grief another joy...

    ...and then the brief vision of treacherous beauty vanishes like smoke in the wind, leaving only the real, the flesh and the blood.

    She masks her momentary sigh in a fierce snort as teeth grind as she deliberately dashes towards the demon-girl, already preparing to whip out her coat...

    ...only for Red to beat her to the punch, or rather, coat-share. Rico stands, assesses the situation, merely squinting at the blaze even as its waves of heat steam off her sweat, blister her skin and scorch some of her charcoal hair. She thrusts her short-sabre through her broad belt, tosses her greatcoat at Setsuna, spits into her hands, then takes the side of the axle opposite Red.

    Rico yells over the roar of the blaze, "Hold yer fire, Red! TOGETHER! Heave on THREE! Run on FOUR! Ready? One! Two! THREE! HRRRRGGH! FOUR! Geddouttathere, Red!"

    Fitting deed to word even as she shouts, Rico heaves the cart onto its side, spilling its burning contents across the plaza away from the buildings. Knowing that any moment a wind could whip the burning straw and wood into the town's structures, though her hands feel like they've been grilled, she ignores the pain and dashes for the nearest water, through teary eyes searching for any vessel large enough...

    ...there! Quickly making sure that it has neither liquor nor oil, she wraps her mighty arms around a barrel of rain-and-springwater for the festival's drinking! She heaves it up, bunches up her legs and throws the water over the burning bales, putting out the threat.
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2013-02-10 at 05:29 AM.
    Avatarcred: HELL YEAH to THE Oneris! Ma'am, thank you, ma'am.
    Previous Avatars: by Dr Bath, Strawberries, zimmerwald1915

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010

    Default Re: (PF) Rise of the Runelords: Burnt Offerings IC

    Setsuna

    Setsuna glances around the battlefield, confirming that all the goblins have been incapacitated or killed. Well that takes care of this group, but that's only seven of them so far, how many would they send to assault a town of this size?

    She wipes the droplets of blood off her katana and sheathes the blade as Red approaches and puts a tunic down at her feet. At first she furrows her brow and tilts her head inquisitively as she looks down. Just as she's about to open her mouth to ask what the red-headed human means she notices her missing sarashi, "Oh hells! I...I..." her faces mirrors Red's blush as she quickly tries to swipe the nearest serving tray to use as a make-shift shield to cover herself.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception check to find something (1d20-1)[19]
    Reflex save to grab it out of a fire without getting burned if it happens to be on the flaming cart. (1d20+4)[10]
    If there's nothing to use, she covers herself with her right arm.


    I didn't even stop to think, I'm in the middle of a village not out in the wilderness, oh gods, why did I charge in like that?! Glancing around, hells, I can't just abandon these people to hide.

    She glances toward Red, and then Rico whose greatcoat unceremoniously lands at her feet, unable to look neither them nor anyone else nearby in the eye as she attempts to cover herself. Over the crackling of the flames and the dull roar of the crowd she calls out just loud enough to be heard by the two of them,"I truly appreciate your kindness Red-san, Rico-san, but I am afraid I can not accept it. If I try to put either of them on they will simply disintegrate," she finishes sullenly.

    Having said that, she focuses her efforts on assisting in smothering the flames, doing her best to remain as decent as possible, Maybe the fire and smoke is too thick and no one else noticed, that wouldn't be too much to ask, would it? but backs off as Rico upends the cart and swiftly douses the flames. Not having a better idea, she proceeds to use the cart itself as a cover to duck behind as she looks around for a better hiding place or other goblinoid threats.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception to find dangers of a goblin origin or hiding spots: (1d20-1)[19]
    Last edited by Desril; 2013-02-10 at 05:34 AM.

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Miraqariftsky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stormwracked verdant hive
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: (PF) Rise of the Runelords: Burnt Offerings IC

    Having finally seen to the flames, Rico finally gives in and lets go of her dignity, hissing and cursing and hopping from foot to foot, clutching at her smoking, sizzling hands. She dashes for the nearest intact tables, grabs a couple of pitchers and plunges her hands in, sagging and sighing with relief.

    Her hands now bound in strips of tightly-bound brandy-and-bloodsoaked torn tablecloth, Rico returns to the group, blowing at her hands furiously and breathing hard. "HAAAAF-HAAAAF-huff-huff-huff... Asmodeus' arse, frak the lot of it, druther be stabbed than burn---"

    Suddenly, she notices that her greatcoat and Red's tunic lie at Setsuna's feet, untouched. Her ears finally register the tail end of the demon-girl's words.

    Having seen worse while growing up on the high seas, Rico merely grunts as she stoops to retrieve the two articles of charity, tossing the tunic at Red, helping herself to a stare travelling up Setsuna's body while straightening back up. By the time the greatcoat is back on her shoulders and Rico's gaze finds the demon-girl's eyes, there is nothing but a professional's scowl on her face.

    A warrior's a warrior, a soldier's a soldier, competency's competence and beggars can't be choosers.

    The scarred halforc nods and says "Sure ye wouldn't take th' coat even as armour? WELL. Yer no Linnorm berserker nor a Qadiran blade-dancer, but so long as ye do yer job of kickin' arse and savin' lives, yer good by my books. And Red's, too. We talk once the battle's done and it ain't done yet or my father's the Emperor."

    Rico whirls and transfixes Cipriano with her golden gaze and growls, "Father Fox. Eyes only since nobody can 'elp it." The growl gives way to a hiss of pain and some audibly grinding teeth. "Wouldn't turn down one of the Holy Flagon's blessin's though. HEH-heh, is this when I start owing you, Father Fox?"

    Daheck? No longer Father Frakker... HUH. Huh. huh... eh... Asmodeus' arse, my hands, damnit!
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2013-02-10 at 06:04 AM.
    Avatarcred: HELL YEAH to THE Oneris! Ma'am, thank you, ma'am.
    Previous Avatars: by Dr Bath, Strawberries, zimmerwald1915

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    North_Ranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (PF) Rise of the Runelords: Burnt Offerings IC

    "Why, good mistress, you wound me", Cipriano laughed as he sheathed his sword. He then walked over to one of the still-standing tables and grabbed an abandoned meat pie. "Just because I appreciate the beauty of the female body, doesn't mean I'd go and stare at every pair of breasts that appeared in my vicinity. Now if the good miss wanted me to take an eye-full", he added, winking to Setsuna. "Well... that's different."

    Walking over to the summoned hound, Cipriano ran his hand through its thick fur, making the lesser cayhound's tail wag even more furiously. Giving the hound the meatpie, the young cleric kept repeating the same phrase in Celestial, probably meaning something like "good boy". Once the hound had finished gobbling up the pie, the beast and the cleric seemed to look at each other, and the hound's frame began to lose colour and grow transparent as Cipriano dismissed the summoning. At the last second before the hound's body returned to the celestial realms, the graceful hunting hound lifted its head and let out a long, victorious howl that lingered in the air even after it had departed the Material Plane.

    "As for you owing me... I'll see if I can't get those burns of your fixed. But I must first see if there's anyone still in trouble or hurt."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception check: [roll0]
    IN MEMORIAM 1983-2013. Bot as necessary.

    Avatar courtesy of Elder Tsofu

    Halforums.com - For the love of God, don't ask about the steak.

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (PF) Rise of the Runelords: Burnt Offerings IC

    Sirus
    HP 9, Blessed


    As Sirus was assessing the situation, ready to leap at the head goblin, his happenstance companions took care of things efficiently. Sirus, rather impressed, stopped short and tries to discern other possible threats.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Take 10 Perception, for 19

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    North_Ranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (PF) Rise of the Runelords: Burnt Offerings IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, once more with the Perception check... (1d20+4)[10]
    IN MEMORIAM 1983-2013. Bot as necessary.

    Avatar courtesy of Elder Tsofu

    Halforums.com - For the love of God, don't ask about the steak.

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: (PF) Rise of the Runelords: Burnt Offerings IC

    GM post

    Despite having been doused, the heat from the sopping fuel cart is immense and the air is thick with steam. Those of you who ventured close to the fire find that your clothing and hair has been lightly singed - the smell of your own burnt hair is not much of an improvement over the choking scent of charred hay and sizzling wood.

    On the armoury roof, a lone goblin stops short at the sight of all of you. Gnashing its fangs, it leaps from the roof with its dogslicer aloft, shrieking a war-cry. However, the stupid little beast miscalculates and ends up missing you all entirely, landing on the ground with a loud crack, its neck at an unnatural angle. Anyone who goes to inspect the body will find that it is quite dead.


    Setsuna's Perception check:
    Spoiler
    Show
    For Setsuna: Short of going into any of the buildings, there isn't any properly sheltered place for you to hide in or behind. There are other wagons and carts scattered around the square, but given the number of people still running everywhere, they wouldn't give you much covering.

    You do spy a long Varisian style silken scarf on the ground, probably left behind by one of the dancers from earlier on in the day. You can use it as a make-shift covering if you tuck the ends in carefully... for now.


    Everybody else - Perception DC 10:
    Spoiler
    Show
    There are still a few terrified screams coming from elsewhere in the town, but they are faint and far away, mingled with the deeper and harsher shouts of the Sandpoint Watch as they rally against the invaders. You do note, however, the distinct haunting melody of what you recognise to be samisen music rising above the goblin warchanters' squeaky chorus - Ameiko Kaijitsu must be working her brand of magic.

    Nobody else in the square seems to be in immediate danger, except for the few small fires that have broken out, which are quickly being attended to by bucket brigades. Over by the podium, you spot Father Zantus casting healing magic on someone's shoulder. What goblins you can see appear to be in disarray - fleeing from the Watch or trampled underfoot. One of them flings it torch at a guard-woman, only to hit its own comrade and set it on fire instead. The goblin attack seems to be almost quelled, or has it?


    *****

    Red
    HP 20/20 - 5 nonlethal damage


    After tucking her tunic back into her bag as best she can with the tips of her fingers, Red squints down ruefully at her blistered, throbbing hands - well, that was stupid, grabbing hold of the axle like that. At least Rico had thought to spit on her hands before touching the wood.

    This is nothing. You've had worse. This is-

    Red shakes her head sharply, her eyes narrowed to slits, giving a low hiss of pain that has nothing to do with her weeping hands. No, she didn't want to go there. She was Red now, not Sera. She was stronger now. That memory belonged to another girl, another time.

    Catching the note in Rico's voice when her name is mentioned, Red jerks her head up, automatically raising a hand to shield her eyes in case Setsuna is still... exposed.

    "... Miss Setsuna?" she says uncertainly. "I do not wish to... show disrespect. If you must... wear nothing... I need your permission. To look."
    Last edited by maggie_mcknife; 2013-02-10 at 07:55 AM.
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

    MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

    Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    North_Ranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (PF) Rise of the Runelords: Burnt Offerings IC

    "Well", Cipriano started when the screaming goblin's glorious charge had ended in a rather inglorious thud. Or a crack, rather. "No matter what the enemy, you have to admit that one had balls to spare."

    "As for... Miss Setsuna, was it? I think I have a blanket or two on my --- oh my god, Eunice!" the young cleric suddenly yelled out, realizing he had forgotten all about his trusty pack beast. "Wait here, I have to go check on my ass!"

    With no further explanation, Cipriano ran to where had left Eunice. Next to the watering troughs...
    IN MEMORIAM 1983-2013. Bot as necessary.

    Avatar courtesy of Elder Tsofu

    Halforums.com - For the love of God, don't ask about the steak.

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010

    Default Re: (PF) Rise of the Runelords: Burnt Offerings IC

    Setsuna

    Setsuna continues to blush while trying to keep herself covered as best she can, finding a particularly burnt part of the card extraordinarily fascinating as Rico examines her and cleric of the Drunken God winks in her direction. Noticing the scarf, I never considered a long scarf before, maybe the curse won't destroy it, at least not right away. In response to Rico's suggestion she answer's simply, "I accidentally destroyed a fine suit of chainmail once, I would not wish to risk the same fate on your coat, but I have an idea!"

    Hearing Red's amusingly shy comment however was enough to distract her, Kawaii desu, after a second's hesitation she responds, "We are still in danger, I can not let you fight blind just to try and protect my own modesty...Thank you for the gesture, but not averting your eyes is not disrespectful. It was my own fault this happened anyway." Check on his ass? Eunice? Oh, perhaps Eunice is a donkey.

    That sad, she spots the scarf again and does her best to get to it before the wind or the crowd send it away. Once in hand, she hastily tries to wrap it around to utilize at least the partial cover it provides.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Relevant roll: (1d20)[6] + relevant modifier


    As she makes the attempt to situate the scarf she notices the goblin ignite its own ally and can't help but to grin with grim satisfaction to see the creatures she hates so much suffer.

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (PF) Rise of the Runelords: Burnt Offerings IC

    Sirus

    Apparently the worst has passed. This is what everyone will say. Sirus disagrees. The real problems will arise in the next days. When the head count will be made and damage assessed.

    And he still hasn't found why he was summoned here.

    Sirus approaches the rest, in his silent way. He goes to the half orcess.

    "Mrs. The worst. Is not over. We must meet with. The Sheriff of this town. He must know. What we can do. As soon as possible. Release our. Captives. To him.
    And we must. Rally. And make a sweep. Of the town. Lots of people. Will need help.
    And the evidence. Of how the goblins. Appeared. Will be gradually lost.

    We must act. While there is still. Time."

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Miraqariftsky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stormwracked verdant hive
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: (PF) Rise of the Runelords: Burnt Offerings IC

    Rico, Blessed, Raging
    HP 15/22 AC 15/19


    "Right, right, right" Rico grunts in response to Setsuna's concerns as she kicks at the remains of her smoking table. Judging it to still be solid, she takes it up once again, letting the table's thick shaft rest easy in the crook of her arm.

    One bloodsmeared hand wetly slaps against her forehead and she grates irately at yer shorter comrade, "Ye gods. Right. Red? Without the fancy words, wot she means is that YES, ye DO 'ave 'er permission..."

    "...presently irrelevant, because---" and then at this point, she interrupts herself just as Setsuna grins at the goblins' unfriendly fire incident.

    "AHOY THE WATCH!" she yells at the trooper[s?] in the distance while already jogging towards her, butting low with her table-shield at the goblin who'd set his mate on fire. "Dagmar, that you? Minor fire at armoury-by-cathedral. Padre Zantus with refugees. Sorry inexact, good estimate's a bit less than a dozen goblins, standard raiders in kit and tactics. One chanter. Several POWs..."

    "...several competent charity-warriors." she finishes, jerking one thumb over her shoulder at the rest of the group. "Your sector, other sectors, situation report?"

    Spoiler
    Show

    Rage Power: Knockdown
    (1d20+9)[15] attack roll [EDIT: +2 from flanking with as-yet-nameless trooper]
    (1d20+6)[10] trip check / str check + 4 from size [EDIT: Crap die. Should be 14. 16 if Flank applies.]
    If successful, firestarter gobbo takes 6 damage.
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2013-02-10 at 09:47 AM.
    Avatarcred: HELL YEAH to THE Oneris! Ma'am, thank you, ma'am.
    Previous Avatars: by Dr Bath, Strawberries, zimmerwald1915

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: (PF) Rise of the Runelords: Burnt Offerings IC

    GM post

    Setsuna's check for... putting on some clothing?:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Surely, Setsuna knows how to dress herself with a scarf, given that she's worn the sarashi for ages? No roll required to put on the scarf.)

    You successfully wraps the scarf around yourself and bind it tight without much issue, despite having to chase it halfway across the town square first. Unless you go and burn it off as well, it should hold.


    Cipriano lost his ass, only to make an even bigger one out of himself...?:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You finds Eunice right where you left her, tethered to a post by the watering trough. Aside from a shallow cut on her fetlock, she is fine and quite capable of taking care of herself - as the severely trampled goblin corpse by her feet might indicate. Donkeys can't speak, but all the same, Eunice seems to be distinctly unimpressed with your ownership of her thus far and lets out a loud bray right in your ear the instant you are close enough.
    Last edited by maggie_mcknife; 2013-02-10 at 09:53 AM.
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

    MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

    Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •