New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: (PF) Rise of the Runelords: Burnt Offerings IC

Be careful, be careful, be careful...

"Careful, careful, eeeeaaaasssyyy doessit..." The massive halforc's face is set in an uneasy frown as she helps her friend back down. She does NOT want to accidentally squash the little redheaded rogue. Once Red's safely back down to solid earth, Rico gives a shuddering sigh that she quickly masks by moving her arm up over her mouth as if reaching over to scratch an itch on her opposite ear.

One corner of her scarred mouth twitches in a suppressed smile, one great thumb pats Red's hand as she dusts it off. "Hrhmm. 'Salright. 'Salright." Rico rumbles as she turns her face away, despite any blush being practically invisible off her skin's darkness. She turns back with her business-scowl back on and listens intently as Red delivers her report.

"MOTHER OF ASSWANKERING HELLCRAPS!" Rico swears virulently once Red finishes. "I"LL KEELHAUL THEM! INCOMPETENCE OR TREACHERY! WRETCHES! How dare they threaten their HOME like so! They better hope they died in glorious battle defending that gatehouse, by Asmodeus' arse!"

Her greatsword swings from one fist, the other hauls up to her shoulder the cart she'd commandeered for trussed-up prisoner transport. Grumbling, rumbling, growling, she merely jerks her head for the others to follow as her slippered footfalls thunder down the street, towards the north gate.

Almost as an afterthought, she adds, snarling, "Summa y'all. Please. Secure. His FRIGGEN highness. HRRRRGHMM. Or not! All y'all get the frak on, already."
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2013-02-12 at 10:32 AM.
    Avatarcred: HELL YEAH to THE Oneris! Ma'am, thank you, ma'am.
    Previous Avatars: by Dr Bath, Strawberries, zimmerwald1915

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Setsuna

I guess I should make sure this one isn't going anywhere. She rifles through her things, eventually emerging with a pair of manacles and looks to the group, "These are made for larger beings than it, they may not hold on it. Do any of you have something more suitable?"

I suppose I could use this scarf to bind his hands together, but I'm not going to mention that.
    Shaking that thought out of her head, she performs a cursory inspection to make sure the scarf is still functioning as intended and moves to keep pace with Rico as she heads to the gate.

"Rico-san, do you know of anyone who would wish to leave the town vulnerable like this? Or is it more likely a simple, tragic accident?"

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Cipriano

The sheer volume of the enlarged half-orc's cursing was enough to make Cipriano cringe. When she started running, the young man turned to his comrades.

"I best go with her, there might be wounded at the gate", he said. It was a fool's hope, but still... "Red, you know the way around here. You and the others secure the prisoners and try to get some guards to watch 'em. Join us at the gate when you can. There's more rope in my saddlebags, if you need any."

With that, the Magnimarian started running after Rico. Despite the steel of his armor, he looked to be running surprisingly deftly after the massive and definitely more powerful half-orc.

Not quick enough to catch her, though.

"Hold on! I'm coming as fast my legs can carry me! I'm a cleric, not a race horse!"
    IN MEMORIAM 1983-2013. Bot as necessary.

Halforums.com - For the love of God, don't ask about the steak.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

GM post

Due to Mithric pointing out that the Enlarge Person spell should have ended a long time ago, I'm going to make GM alterations to some of the actions that have been declared:
    • Once Red steps off Rico's hand, Rico goes back to normal size. This is so Red doesn't get stuck on the wall.
    • Rico, having gone back to normal size, will NOT be dragging the prisoner wagon with her down to the gate.
    • Therefore, the prison cart is now where Red and Sirus and Mandraiv are - i.e. behind the White Deer. Not with Rico, Cipriano, and Setsuna.
    • The goblin commando is still with the prison cart. Since the OOC post confirmed that Sirus is carrying enough rope, I will assume that Sirus tied up ALL the goblins in post #87, including the commando. So there is no need for manacles or for Setsuna to strip off her kapenia.

Rico and Setsuna and Cipriano
    :

The north gate is less than fifty metres away from the White Deer. As you all approach, you can see the battered forms of two unconscious town watchmen on the ground, still bleeding out on the cobblestones, their guard halberds broken and thrown some distance away.

Just before you all reach the watchmen, a tiny goblin darts out from a back alley, terrified out of its mind and its pockets soaked with steaming orange gravy. Upon seeing you three, it hisses angrily and brandishes its dogslicer, but wastes no time in dashing out the open gate as fast as it can, leaving a trail of gravy as it goes.

"Come back 'ere and fight, you rutting piece of horsedung!" The angry voice of a watch-lady echoes down the alley. "Come and raid my town, would ya?"

Sirus and Mandraiv and Red:

As you all watch the other three head down the alley, the goblin commando stirs and shakes off its lingering grogginess with a low rumbling growl. Still blinded by Mandraiv's spell, it snuffles at the air and bares its teeth once it catches your scents, straining against its bonds.

"Stinking longshanks," it snarls, spittle flying. Despite its mount being dead, the foul stench of the goblin dog's dander still lingers on the clothes of its rider. "You pay for t'is. Oh yesh."
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Setsuna

Seeing the goblin she instinctively chases after it without waiting for Rico's answer to her question or to see if any of her new-found allies are following, but stops just after passing the open gate as she stares at the fleeing goblin, damn it to the Abyss, it's too far, no choice, she points her hand at it and begins to channel her innate magical talents to stop the goblin in its tracks before realizing that the creature is too far away and slowly relaxing before turning back to check on the guards.

A quick glance to see them bleeding out tells her all she needs as she looks to Cipriano, I don't think I ever caught his name, but Rico-san kept referring to him as... "You are...Father Fox, yes?" she glances sidelong at Rico for a moment, not entirely sure if that's what she'd heard him being called, "Can you heal these men?"

6. - Top - End - #96
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Ah, I see you have awakened. Good. I was hoping to have a little chat with you. I understand you goblins are not aware of our customs, and I'm sure torching and killing is just your way of introducing yourselves, but in our lands we tend to not take too kindly to such behavior."
    Mandraiv squats down, getting closer to eye level with the goblin 'chanter.
    "Now, of course its not your fault, I'm sure you were just misinformed of our customs. If you could just let me know who told you about us, I could enlighten them, let them know just what kind of people we are."
    His hands weave a pattern as his voice becomes oddly hypnotic.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Charm Person DC 17

"Now if you could tell us who sent you, and who helped you, I'm sure we could have this all cleared up in no time. We might even be able to get you shiny things to impress your freinds, and maybe some stuff to go boom."
    Spoiler
    Show
    If Charm Person worked, Diplomacy check to raise his disposition to Helpful(If he saved, I sincerely doubt diplomacy will do much):
    (1d20+6)[21]
    Lord Havelock Vetinari Avatar by AlfredAmeoba.
    "A sense of terrifying admiration overcame him.
    He wondered what it was like in the Patrician's mind. All cold and shiny, he thought, all blued steel and icicles and little wheels clicking along like a huge clock. The kind of mind that would carefully consider its own downfall and turn it to advantage." "Every evil tyrant has a plan to rule the world. The good people don't seem to have the knack."-Terry Pratchett

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Cipriano Verneti

"So I've been called", Cipriano answered to the tiefling's question with a small smile as he walked closer to the wounded men. "You can also call me by my given name, Cipriano. Less formal that way."

"As to your question... I can try. I have no healing magic prepared, but I can pray for something else. To be a conduit of my god's healing hand. Miss Rico, please stand close to me, I see you too could use a touch."

With that, the auburn-haired man knelt next to the two unconscious men and closed his eyes. He breathed in deeply, his lamellar-covered chest rising, and then breathed out. When he opened his eyes, they glowed with the same electric blue shade that seemed to accompany his spellcasting. On Rico's and the guards' flesh, the divine power of the Accidental God surged, mending wound and bruise alike...

Spoiler
    Show
    Channel energy: (1d6)[6]

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Catching Setsuna's black gaze levelly, Rico silently mouths, Later. More afoot.

Still scowling even as her flesh mends, Rico lays a hand on Cipriano's shoulder and shakes him once, then lets go. "Anybody can have a name in a filebook. Everybody has parents who call 'em Horseradish or MaryaElsabethaWallachiaDiLorangia. BAH. But an earned name, an earned name, 'sdifferent."

She gives him one more pat and flares her nostrils as she says with the barest hint of a smile that soon dissolves back into her standard scowl, "But Cipriano. As yeh perfer. And thanks. Just Rico. Technically not on duty except as a cosserned and able citizen."

She then stabs her sword into the dirt, letting it stand there as she kneels beside the two stricken watchmen, easing them up to sitting positions, bringing out hip-flask and waterskin. As she does so, she spots the telltale flakes of mutant skin shed by the giant rats the goblins ride and the dents on the helms of her comrades.

One arm still supporting the still-dizzy dirty blonde Dagmar and the square-faced halfelf Voss, she slowly turns to the still-standing, still-fuming Hannah, "So... how're you feeling now?"

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Cipriano Verneti

"True, true... and I have to admit, I kinda like the name. Father Fox. Heck, it's a lot better than what I have been called otherwise. Some of the names that old man cast at me? I'd rather not repeat them, don't want to make Miss Setsuna blush", Cipriano answered with a smile and a chuckle as he came out of his trance. It was always a powerful experience, parting the walls that surrounded his very mind and soul, and letting the power of the Accidental God rush through his body. Powerful, though not unpleasant. Plus, afer a powerful rush like that, he often felt a deep sense of warmth, like he had just swallowed a mouthful of piping hot mulled wine.

"So you call me what you wish, Miss Setsuna. Just... not Chip. If you do that, I have to hurt you", the cleric kept joking as he helped Rico get the two men up on their feet. "Careful, careful there, my good man... You'd better take it easy for a day or two... and keep an eye on any sudden bleeding. You'll need a healer's touch then."

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

"PFFT!" Rico snorts. "Frakker's a frig-lot mild, ain't it?"

The snort, the scowl and the humour continue, "Eh, mebbe ye should. Mebbe her blush can power a pan, boil some water for poultices, hmm?"

"Yeah, seriously, wot 'e said. Hannah, ye got the horn for the apothecaries? Hrrhmm. At least ye don't yet need the chirurgeons yet, nor the mortician. Ain't that right?" Standing and helping the two up as well, a wary glare ensuring Cipriano's hands don't stray with Dagmar's assistance, the halforc grates at the lot of them, "Well'n? Ambush? Distraction? Surprise? Extreme numbers? Or was there something else?"

Striding to the gate, she grunts as she heaves both of the iron-bound timber leaves closed, then locks the lot with the fallen heavy bar. Retrieving her sword from where she left it, she points at the trail of the goblins' riding-rats and says, "More o' them in here. Hope the Cap'n and the rest got 'em good. Otherwise, 'sgunna be a long damned hunt."
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2013-02-13 at 11:33 AM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Setsuna shakes her head while grinning lightly at the well-intentioned teasing, I should hunt down the rest of the goblins, but the guard should be able to rout them now that they lost the element of surprise... Shoving the thought aside she settles on doing some teasing of her own.

"Given my current lack of dress, I am doubtful that you could make me blush more," Setsuna says with a light chuckle, trying to keep the actual embarrassment buried until more important matters are taken care of.

"If it is boiling water you need though, I can do that blush or no." She digs around in her kit, emerging with a cooking pot, waterskin, and flint and tender. Emptying the waterskin into the cookpot, she places it over the flint and tender and rings them in sand as she points toward them. Making a quick series of complex, arcane gestures, she ignites it. "It may not work right away, but it is the best I can do at present."

The fire started, she looks around for anything that can be used to keep it burning easily and listens for the guards' answer to Rico's inquires about the goblin force.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Spark to start the fire.

In case one is needed to find bits of dry wood or whatever: Perception check (1d20-1)[14]
    or keeping the fire from accidentally lighting up the town, Survival (1d20-1)[2]

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

Stray sparks catch a wall
    Twilit wood now flaring red
    Rico quashes with her palm

Spoiler
    Show

Aid Another! Take Ten! Survival Fifteen!

Also! Gaddem nat-one, gaddem haiku.
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2013-02-13 at 12:09 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Cipriano Verneti

"Heh, don't throw a challenge if you're not willing to go all the way", Cipriano laughed at the tiefling's jest. "I would love to see you blush. Better yet, I would love to see how far down that blush reaches...", he added whimsically, leaving the thought to float in the air.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

The sweetmeat that doesn't need unwrapping...
    Rico quips silently
    After Cipriano's not-quite-jest
    But hisses loudly
    Blowing and sucking
    At her hands, smoking once again.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Not wanting to eat her own words so quickly, Setsuna does her best to pretend she didn't hear that and looks toward Rico, grimacing a little, "Oh, my apologies Rico-san, I never could keep a fire contained. Are you alright?" ...that might have ended badly were I on my own, it is nice to have comrades in arms, isn't it?

Spoiler
    Show
    Uhh...bluff check to not blush? Or diplomacy to retain composure?
    Bluff: (1d20+2)[14]
    Diplomacy: (1d20+8)[18]
    Whichever is more applicable

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

Flicking her hand and looking impassively over the chunk of calloused flesh, Rico replies, "Relax. Don't let that frakker get to ye. Don't worry, I've had worse..."

She kicks some dirt onto the smouldering patch of wall. "Could be worse. At least yer no shadowspawn from beyond the Carpenter's Wall who'd gladly spread fire an' doom, eh?"

She scowls deeper still, snorts and spits in bitter humour, then snatches a blanket with only a few patches of windblown ash on it from a clothesline. She hands the lot to Setsuna and says, "Here. Cut and boil for bandages. Cipriano, got some herbs for poultices?"

Frowning abashedly at Hannah, almost as short as Red but with a midnight-black bob-cut instead of the latter's fiery crown, Rico asks, "Watch'll pay for damages after that requisition, right? Or do I owe hard labour again?"
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2013-02-13 at 12:54 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Cipriano chuckled as he observed Setsuna's reactions to his good-natured teasing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive check ;) (1d20+6)[12]

She didn't seem to be willing to continue this discussion any further, so Cipriano chalked that up as "A for effort". She was a lovely-looking young lady, though. Maybe later, with some good Andoren honey wine...

The young rake was woken up from his reveries by Rico's question. "Not on me, no. I left my kit back at the main square. I can run and get it though... and let the others know we weren't ambushed by... I dunno, were-goblins?" he chuckled as he rose to his feet. "Anything else you need?"
    Last edited by North_Ranger; 2013-02-13 at 01:05 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

Sirus and Mandraiv and Red:

Goblin Commando's Will Save:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+2)[22] - resisted

The Charm spell seems to have no effect - the commando merely inhales deeply before twisting violently in his bonds and attempting to chomp Mandraiv's fingers.

"Go to 'ell!" It snaps. "Don't need yer shiny or boom-boom. We be goblins - we stab, we KILL."

Rico and Cipriano and Setsuna:

Rico and the two injured guards regain 6 HP from Cipriano's channel energy. But Rico takes 4 nonlethal damage again for slapping out the fire.

Dagmar looks blearily up at Rico, his eyes unfocused and glazed over. "Rrico...? 'Dat yoo?" He slurs. "Wha' you... doin' 'ere?" Voss doesn't seem much better and simply closes his eyes, finding the semblance of unconsciousness to be much more comfortable as he slumps over in Rico's arms. Neither of them seem to be in any condition to answer questions.

Watch-lady Hannah snorts and jabs the ground with the butt-end of her halberd, furious that the goblin has managed to make it out the town gate without being caught. "How do I feel? I'm pissed, that's what! Bloody vermin," she spits. "If I had me druthers, I'd string the whole bloody lot up with the rest at the Squash stables and burn their damn names all over their damn bodies til there's no more space left fer their mamas to see 'em by."

Her stance softens upon seeing her fellow guardsmen though, as she stoops to help Rico assist the wounded, giving a grunt of appreciation to Setsuna when she sees that the tiefling girl is doing her best to help. "Don't have me horn with me now. Th'boss and the rest of the boys managed to rout the attack, so Father Zantus' busy healing the wounded there. I was just chasing this last bugger here to finish him off. Damn pig was still gobbling down stuff from th'stalls when we got there."

"I dunno, girl. I gotta feeling lots of people gonna be claiming damages once things calm down a bit. Yer currently off dooty though, so maybe you won't have to pay nothing." Sighing, Hannah straightens up and adjusts her armour. "Dunno if it's safe to move 'em either. Y'all keep boiling that water. You, priest - keep 'em stable. If they die, I'll have yer guts for my fiddle strings. Rico, keep an eye. I'll go get the boss and a healer right off. Got anything else to report?"

MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #109

"Well, in a stubborn mood, I see. Lets try this again."
    A plain steel ring on Mandraiv's finger flares suddenly, showing glowing arcane runes scribed along it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Charm Person again through my ring.(bonded object) Its my last spell use for the day, but the info's probably worth it, and ive still got my 8 stun touch attacks.
    DC 17
    Diplomacy after:
    (1d20+6)[22]

"I really would hate to have to hurt you, but it's very important I know who helped you."
    He wondered what it was like in the Patrician's mind. All cold and shiny, he thought, all blued steel and icicles and little wheels clicking along like a huge clock. The kind of mind that would carefully consider its own downfall and turn it to advantage." "Every evil tyrant has a plan to rule the world. The good people don't seem to have the knack."-Terry Pratchett

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

They just want food. Or so it seems. Who hasn't known the pain of hunger in their life? Why can't we just get along? What the--- They're GOBLINS, that's why! Murderous scum to the last.

Scowling in agreement, Rico nods and replies, "Preaching to the choir, ma'am. Aye, ma'am. Suppressed some raiders over by Ameiko's, the cathedral plaza and afront the White Stag. Several kills, one cavalry, one caster, several POWs for interrogation. Rough count puts 'em at a dozen. Ironballs' apprentice, bounty hunter Red and an outlander halforc pugilist contributed their skills in helping put the raiders down. Judging by these tracks an' leavings here--- and here--- we've probably got at least one or two more, possibly more goblin cavalry loose within Sandpoint's walls."

Rico then gives a cough and asks, "Ma'am? All due respect... how DID they bamboozle this 'ere north gatehouse?"

Spoiler
    Show

Let's try some Perception! And Sense Motive!
    (1d20+8)[20]
    (1d20+1)[12]

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ettin in the Playground

GM post

Sirus and Mandraiv and Red

Goblin Commando rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Will save: (1d20+2)[15] - commando is now charmed
    Mandraiv's Diplomacy check: passed, commando is now friendly towards Mithric
    CHA check: (1d20-1)[10] - beats Mandraiv's roll of 7, commando refuses to give a straight answer

A stupid grin comes over the goblin's face as the runes on Mandraiv's ring fade and it begins giggling in an incongruously high-pitched voice. At his question, the commando looks coyly up at him and cackles in the same high-pitched voice. "Good 'un, boss. But I kint tell yer, see? Secret mission. Ask me 'omething else."

Rico and Cipriano and Setsuna

Rico's Perception and Sense Motive rolls
    :
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see that Hannah is still fuming, the tip of her halberd stained with green goblin blood, her blood still high after the heat of street battle with the enemies. She seems as genuinely puzzled as you as to how the goblins got in and why the gate is open. Plus, despite her tendency to cheat at cards, you've never known Hannah to shirk her duty or refuse to help a fellow guardsman. It's extremely unlikely that she, a born and bred Sandpointer, would have assisted a goblin invasion in any way.

"Beats me, girlie," Hannah shrugs, eyeing Voss' swollen face with some concern. "We locked it up tight once the last couple o' travellers come through, and those of us on duty were supposed to come by three times on the hour. Didn't suppose we'd have any trouble... Guess we thunk wrong, huh?"

As Hannah hurries back to fetch help, Dagmar groans and makes a flailing attempt to get up. "Rico... there gob... goblins. Gotta... gotta warn da town."

Red

There is something about the goblin commando's brazenness that sends a tingle down Red's spine, causing her fists to itch. She doesn't know why the goblins attacked or what they were after. But she does know that somebody opened the north gate to let goblins into Rico's beloved town, and that if things had gone any worse, something could have happened to Rico. Or to any of the other nice people in Sandpoint that she's come to like over her visits to the town.

Intimidate check:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[20]

Suddenly fed up with the caster man's mumbo-jumbo, she reaches over and snatches hold of the goblin's vest, dragging it clear of the cart and slamming its tiny body to the ground. Unsheathing one of her kukris, she plants one knee on the goblin's chest and snarls back at it through clenched teeth, her eyes bright with rage, unaware of the ugliness shuddering in her voice.

"I'm not from here. And I got a knife. So I don't mind doing the hurting. He asked you a question. You answer it. Now. Or I kill you."
    Last edited by maggie_mcknife; 2013-02-13 at 03:00 PM.

MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

Sirus

Sirus has been observing the interrogation so far. Not his style. But Red 's tactic, he could understand. A bit untrained and undisciplined, but not bad.

"We want. To hurt you. Very. Much. For a. Long time. Answer him. Or answer. Me."

Spoiler
    Show
    Aid another Intimidate (1d20+9)[28]

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Setsuna

After making sure the fire won't burn itself out too quickly, Setsuna has little she can offer to assist in tending the wounded and comes to a decision after hearing Rico and Hannah's short discussion.

There might be more people in danger like Foxglove-san, the guards may be able to beat the goblins but they can't be everywhere at once, and there's nothing I can do for these men that isn't already being taken care of.

"Rico-san, Fox-san, I am going to return to Red-san and the others to see if they need my aid. If not, I am going to assist the guard in hunting down any stragglers."
    She meets the gaze of the guardswoman and her companions to be sure there is nothing more for her to do before she starts to head in the direction of the White Deer.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception check to notice any cries for help or any goblins that aren't being dealt with: (1d20-1)[2]
    Last edited by Desril; 2013-02-13 at 03:26 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Cipriano

"They ought to be stable now, ma'am", Cipriano answered to the female guard's threat of incorporating his entrails in a musical instrument. "Just don't let them bang their heads too hard for a week or two. I don't know how badly their heads were clobbered, so it's best not to take any chances that their skulls will crack again."

Still, while he was talking, Cipriano moved over to the two men - Dagmar first. Putting his hand on the guardsman's shoulder, the young cleric pushed him down. "No, friend. No more goblins. The ones that aren't dead are either taken prisoner or running away. Now hold still and I'll make sure you won't be bleeding your brains out through your ears." Carefully Cipriano removed the man's helmet and started going through Dagmar's head, feeling up the lumps with his fingers. When Setsuna mentioned she'd be going to see the others, he whistled to catch her attention. "If you could also bring me my healer's kit, I'd be much obliged. It's next to the saddlebags and my donkey."

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm guessing this would be a Heal check? (1d20+8)[16]

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

Good you ain't turned. 'Sonly explanation fer that, though. There's still some vile turncoat amongst us, somewhere...

"Shh-shh." Rico croons over at the babbling Dagmar, one leather-bunched shoulder cushioning Voss' injured head, one hand gently stroking his neck--- the thumb along one close graze on his throat, the other fingers near the joint of his jaw. "There-there. Relief's here. They're dead and fled. Calm down, trooper. Breathe, breathe slowly, there..."

Rico jerks her head towards Cipriano and asks, "Cipriano, can we afford to remove... alright..." She then proceeds to follow his example with the other injured militia member, carefully undoing the straps and removing the helmet.

26. - Top - End - #116

Mandraiv looks down at the goblin, flashing an almost apologetic smile, "You'd best answer them. I've seen them do terrible things to people they like." Mandraiv leans in as if to share a secret, "I don't think they like you. And if even that fails, I've got spells that melt your mind, leaving just what I want. Unfortunately for you, thats all they'll leave."

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff, if necassary:
    (1d20+11)[20]
    Aid another intimidate:
    (1d20+3)[6]

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

GM post

Cipriano made a request to Setsuna to get his healer's kit, but that's back in the town square in Eunice's saddlebag. Desril, it's up to you whether Setsuna walks there in your next post.

Setsuna and Sirus and Mandraiv and Red:

Setsuna's Perception check:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You don't notice any cries for help or any other goblin threats. You do, however, arrive back at the prisoner cart, just in time to see Red slam the goblin commando into the ground and to hear everyone else try to intimidate it.

Shaken out of the Charm spell by Red's threat, the commando abruptly stops giggling and tries to wiggle out from under her knee. At the sound of Sirus' voice, however, it begins to whine, cringing as though about to be whipped. Mandraiv's smile doesn't seem to do much, but the commando does whine a little louder once the mage mentions having its brain melted down. Goblins are highly superstitious when it comes to magic, after all.

"I talk- I talk! D'n who - one o' yer longshanks come to see Chief a while 'go. Chief Ripnugget. Make deal. Tell us t'burn down yer town an' kill all o'you." It grins nervously. "So he tole t'tribe. So I burn an' kill."

Cipriano and Rico

Under Cipriano's ministrations, Dagmar stops moaning and calms down, recovering enough to roll bloodshot eyes in Rico's direction.

"Ach. Rico- I sho' messed things up, didn't I?" he mutters slowly. "We saw the gate open... went o'er to check what was up. Next thing I know... got a whole buncha gobs set on me. Tried to help Voss..." Dagmar grunts and makes another effort to get up. "Voss, he all right?"
    Last edited by maggie_mcknife; 2013-02-13 at 11:13 PM.

MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

"Sit the SKUGG down and keep quiet while Father Fox tends ye..." Rico growls at the stubborn Dagmar. "...or else I'll rip yer head off an' sew it back on so't ye can do some proper recovery, ye get me?"

"HRRGHMM. Sorry." she grunts. "Don't worry, he's with me. Bleeding's stopped, at least. Breathing's now steady, at least. Touch-an'-go earlier."

She softly slaps the stubbled halfelf's face, preparing the waterskin if he needs a drink upon waking. "Knifey, knifey, wakey, wakay. Knifear, ain't no time ta be dozin' onna job an' dozin' onna me goods. HRRGHMM. Voss? You still in there? Don't make me break travel regulations and break a Chelian's jaw ta get ye back."

Nodding at Dagmar across the cobbles where Cipriano tends to him, she says, "Right. Ambush. An' y'all came upon the gate ALREADY open? Heard nor smelled nothing outta the ord'nary before that? Noble's perfume or furs or foppish voice? Any of our known dissenters breaking gaol and letting the gobs in? Some sorta foreign voice or what?"
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2013-02-13 at 11:44 PM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Setsuna

Arriving just in time to see the interrogation, well, the damned thing may not know the name of whoever made that deal, but maybe it saw whoever it was.

Without drawing attention to herself she focuses her mind on listening in telepathically to the minds of those nearby, trying to sort out the thoughts of the goblin that's been coerced into talking from anyone else's.

Spoiler
    Show
    Detect Thoughts DC 15

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Cipriano did his best to stifle a chuckle at Rico's threats. That might be interesting... sewing a head back on, the young cleric mused before he finished Dagmar's head-examination.

"Everything seems to be in order. You'll probably have some headaches later on, but unless you piss off your missus and make her give you one on the top of your head, you oughta be fine."

With that, Cipriano walked over to where Rico was cradling Voss's head, and started checkin his head for damages as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    Heal check (1d20+8)[16]