Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 51 of 74 FirstFirst ... 26414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 2205
  1. - Top - End - #1501
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: (PF) Rise of the Runelords: Burnt Offerings IC

GM post

Cipriano's slingshot bullet doesn't make it to its target on the wall. As it enters the chamber, the bullet's speed immediately slackens as though slung through water, moving slower and slower until it too ceases its flight path and joins the group of items gently orbiting the room.

Although Mandraiv is able to identify the overwhelming magical aura as nothing more innocuous than a variation of the Levitate spell, you won't know for sure what exactly the spell does unless someone enters the room...

As Setsuna steps through the doorway and into the sphere, she finds herself suddenly weightless, floating quite easily above the ground. By waving her arms around awkwardly, she can approximate swimming motions to get herself to move through the air. Unfortunately, the various items swirling around in the chamber don't make it easy for the tiefling to navigate. Some of the books and the bottle of honey wine come dangerously close to bumping into her, while at one point the dead raven corpse splats wetly against the back of her neck, sending the maggots by its half eaten skull squirming through the air, some of them landing on her shoulder.

Spoiler
    Show
    Setsuna's Fly check: (1d20+4)[11]
    Last edited by maggie_mcknife; 2013-08-01 at 09:49 PM.
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

2. - Top - End - #1502
    Ettin in the Playground

Sirus

As Setsuna was ready to go in, Sirus was already getting a rope out.

"Tie. Yourself. With this. If it comes. To danger. We can try. And. Pull you out."

Sirus turns to Mandraiv and Cypriano.

"What is. Happening? What are. These strange. Phenomena?"

3. - Top - End - #1503
    Ettin in the Playground

GM Post

Retroact: assume that Setsuna has a rope around her waist. It doesn't help her Fly check though.

Tiefling balloon ahoy!

MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1504
    Titan in the Playground

Setsuna

Squirming in disgust at the collision with the corpse, Setsuna spins around in midair, doing her best to brush off any unwanted guests and push the bird somewhere else. "Do either of you see anything that looks like it may be important?" When it passes by, she grabs the bottle of wine along with anything in the room that radiates a magical aura.

Spoiler
    Show

Detect Magic to track down magical things, and fly to reach them. (1d20+4)[9]
    Perception (1d20-1)[13]
    Last edited by Desril; 2013-08-02 at 03:28 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1505
    Ogre in the Playground

"Dammit, people!" Cipriano cursed, though he sounded more amused than angry. "I'm tryin' t' prevent you from gettin' zapped by any ancient arcane traps, an' you just keep throwin' yourselves at it! Gods help ya if we ever find a cursed bag of holdin' with teeth! Setsuna'll probably try t' wear it as a hat!"

Sighing deeply and rubbing his temples, the young Caydenite muttered and turned to look at the floating tiefling at the other end of the rope. "Well... let's put our floatin' friend t' good use, then... Setsuna! D'ya see th' iron wand? An' the scroll tha's been sealed with green wax? I'm gettin' an aura outta both of them, even under the room's heavy one. See if you can catch 'em, won't ya?"

For a moment, Cipriano considered stepping into the chamber himself... but with his heavier armor, he would probably fly as gracefully as a moose with seagull's wings. Or maybe... maybe he could summon some celestial beings if need be? He had studied a new prayer, just in case... but he hadn't been certain if he had the strength to cast it.
    Last edited by North_Ranger; 2013-08-02 at 08:52 AM.
    IN MEMORIAM 1983-2013. Bot as necessary.

Halforums.com - For the love of God, don't ask about the steak.

6. - Top - End - #1506
    Ettin in the Playground

GM post

Having spent most of her life on the ground, Setsuna does not take to moving about in the air very gracefully. It is only after she has been slapped in the face several times by the moving scrolls and almost brained by a thick hide-wrapped book that looks awfully like a giant Lamashtan tome that she manages to close her hand on the iron wand and the scroll that Cipriano has pointed out.

Red

Red averts her eyes from the sight of Setsuna flapping about like a seagull high on grog, shading her eyes with one hand, not wanting to see the tiefling's embarrassment. It didn't seem right to watch like she was having fun.

Speaking of birds though... she sneaks a glance at the dead raven and grimaces at the sight of its maggot-ridden skull. It couldn't have been dead for that long to have only maggots and not flies. How on earth had it gotten down here? And why on earth in this weird room?

Red tugs lightly on Cipriano's sleeve. "Mister Fox. Why is there... a raven? Is it for... undead magic?"

MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1507
    Barbarian in the Playground

"It's some sort of advanced levitation enchantment. The Thassilonian runes worry me, though."

8. - Top - End - #1508
    Ogre in the Playground

Cipriano Verneti

Red's question brought a pondering frown to the Caydenite missionary's brow - a disturbing sight on a person who was mostly all smiles.

"Huh... I never thought of that. I kinda figured it was... a dead familiar or somethin'. Or simply a critter that one of the beasties we killed brained for fun", Cipriano finally answered. "Lemme think... Necromancy's not really my forte, but... Hmm, what did he say again...?" he continued, muttering a little to himself as he drifted off into memories. He tried to recall what Father Alessandru had taught them when the acolytes in his care first started tapping into the powers of god-granted magic.

Spoiler
    Show
    K: (Arcana), guidance'd: (1d20+7)[19]

9. - Top - End - #1509
    Titan in the Playground

Setsuna

All items of note in hand, Setsuna starts to make her way back to the hallway using the rope as a support, not bothering to respond to the cleric's comment about her getting eaten by a cursed bag of holding. Once there, she hands off the items to Cipriano and assists in trying to figure out what they are and do.

Spoiler
    Show

Detect Magic as needed
    Spellcraft (1d20+7)[20]
    K;Arcana (1d20+7)[16]
    Aid Another as needed

10. - Top - End - #1510
    Troll in the Playground

Clearly unnerved, but holding firm
    Rico frowns at Fox' jests
    Then snorts and says,
    "Ravens eat the dead
    An' carrion fowl as such
    By many friggers're seen
    As 'arbingers o' death, thus
    C'nnected wi' necromancers,
    Thus, a-showin' Red's wisdom."
    Avatarcred: HELL YEAH to THE Oneris! Ma'am, thank you, ma'am.
    Previous Avatars: by Dr Bath, Strawberries, zimmerwald1915

11. - Top - End - #1511
    Ettin in the Playground

GM post

Cipriano's Knowledge check
    Spoiler
    Show
    Despite the common association between ravens and necromancy,as Rico has pointed out, you can't recall anything particularly special about ravens. True, they are often used as familiars. But keeping a dead familiar only to let it be blown full of maggots seems peculiar.

Those who examine the items discover the following:
    • 1 bottle of Andoran honey wine, made from grapes harvested in the year 4700. It seems untouched.
    • 1 scroll of Burning Hands
    • 1 wand of Shocking Grasp with about 28 charges left

MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1512
    Titan in the Playground

Setsuna

After learning the secrets of the magical items, Setsuna eyes the anti-gravity room once more and starts to head back inside, "There may be something in one of these that is important, or tell us about that strange pool." Intent upon collecting the various books and any scrolls that happen to look particularly important, Setsuna leaps back in. Doing her best to avoid the carcass, she flies around the room and checks out the cover of each of the books to see if they have titles as she grabs them before leaving the chamber for good.

Spoiler
    Show

Fly (1d20+4)[20]
    Perception to notice anything important while flying (1d20-1)[10]

13. - Top - End - #1513
    Troll in the Playground

Rico leans upon her doomball
    Glares at the unholy room
    And glances back
    Quells her fear
    Looks, hears
    Whate'er's
    There

Spoiler
    Show

Perception? (1d20+8)[23]

14. - Top - End - #1514
    Ogre in the Playground

"A fine idea, Setsuna. At th' very least they might tell us who's been leavin' a mess after themselves", Cipriano nodded as he leaned closer to study the items Setsuna had already fished out of the floating room. The wand and the scroll seemed to be intact, and Cipriano took a closer look at the bottle. It seemed like a good vintage and uncorked, but Cipriano couldn't help the feeling of uneasiness about it. What better way to catch an opponent by surprise than spiking a bottle of wine with something unsavory.

As he studied the bottle more closely, he answered to Red and Rico. "I can't think of any spells that would require a raven. Feathers, sure. Blood, oh yes. But tha' poor feathered fellow looks like he's been brained, not sacrificed. An' with the way things keep floatin' in there, I can't tell whether it was somebody's kill, a subject of study... or lunch. A familiar...? In that case, very weird. Can't imagine why an arcanist would want t' keep a dead familiar in such a state..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception check on the bottle, with guidance: (1d20+5)[9]

"Still... that was a good question, Red. One that I'm sad I can't answer any better than that."

15. - Top - End - #1515
    Ettin in the Playground

GM post

Perception rolls, using Aid Another to support the highest roll:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aside from the crackling electricity jumping across the metal panels, the room seems quite harmless. Still, it's all the best to not touch the sides. Perhaps someone else in town will have a spell that can remove the magic that keeps the room functioning?

Cipriano's roll on the bottle: The bottle has not been opened yet. You recognise the seal on the bottle to be that of 'The Hermitage', a recently opened winery based in Magnimar. At a guess, someone recently purchased this bottle of wine from Magnimar and left it here...

At the request of the others, Setsuna ends up collecting every single scroll and book in the floating chamber, while Rico uses her lance to hook in the dead raven carcass for a closer examination.

You all help to sort through the small pile that the tiefling has collected. Most of the scrolls, disappointingly enough, turn out to be blank. Two of them, however, turn out to contain crude sketches of what appears to be the same quasit that Rico squashed under her armpit a while ago. As for the books, they all appear to be continuations of some sort of journal, written in the same weird runes that keep appearing on the wall. It will take at least a few hours to glance through the whole lot of them.

As for the hide-wrapped book, it bears the stamp of a heavily pregnant woman with a jackal head on the front cover, a flaming kukri raised threateningly above her head. This tome is written in Abyssal and if you flip through it, you find that there are several spine-chilling woodcuts in the back portion, showing various monsters with their fangs bared and their claws out, tearing apart their unfortunate and (mostly human) victims.

Perception DC 14:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The pencil work and style of the so-called artist seems somewhat familiar. Rather like the salacious drawings in Tsuto's journal, in fact.

Survival DC 18:
    Spoiler
    Show
    That's not a plain animal hide on the covering of the Lamashtan bible. That's human skin. !!!

Survival DC 15:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The raven appears to have died of natural causes. Other than what the maggots have devoured on the skull, the rest of it appears fairly intact. If you take the size of the maggots and the condition of its feathers as any indication, this bird has been dead for less than three days.

If anyone knows Thassilonian, he/ she can spend about five hours skimming the journals for anything important.

If anyone knows Abyssal, he/ she can determine that the Lamashtan tome is a prayer book with the oddest of glossaries at the back - a listing of the world's most horrific and cruel monsters, along with fairly graphic woodcut depictions of how they kill.
    Last edited by maggie_mcknife; 2013-08-05 at 10:37 AM.

MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1516

Mandraiv

Mandraiv takes the Thassilonian journal, "I'll look at this later, when I have the time." He checks it for magical wards, then opens and skims it while he waits for the others to be done.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception
    (1d20+2)[13]
    Casting detect magic before opening the journal.(Wizards are paranoid. Just wait till im higher level, my spellbook will have more traps than your average dungeon... )
    Lord Havelock Vetinari Avatar by AlfredAmeoba.
    "A sense of terrifying admiration overcame him.
    He wondered what it was like in the Patrician's mind. All cold and shiny, he thought, all blued steel and icicles and little wheels clicking along like a huge clock. The kind of mind that would carefully consider its own downfall and turn it to advantage." "Every evil tyrant has a plan to rule the world. The good people don't seem to have the knack."-Terry Pratchett

17. - Top - End - #1517
    Titan in the Playground

Setsuna

Figuring that the bigger and more imposing book was probably more important, and thankfully too inexperienced in such matters to recognize the hide as human, Setsuna flips through the Lamashtan prayer book, easily recognizing it for what it is thanks to her ability to read Abyssal. By the time she'd reached the glossary of monster at the back she was already uncomfortable, and as the images started to become more grotesque she quickly shuts the book and puts it off to the side.

Maybe it has something on those creatures though...
    Putting her own disgust aside, she quickly flips through the bestiary looking for a depiction of the sinspawn, skipping past anything else.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception to find mention of the Sinspawn (1d20-1)[19]

18. - Top - End - #1518
    Ettin in the Playground

Sirus

Sirus have been preoccupied. He feels he is on the verge of some revelation about his Art, one that he has to ponder on.

"We should. Move on. We can. Peruse these items. At our leisure."

19. - Top - End - #1519
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, I'm confused... "The bottle is not uncorked. It has not been opened yet." Did you just put in a double negative there by accident or are you trying to tell me something?

Also, taking ten on the Survival roll with the raven. With guidance, it comes to 15.

Cipriano spent a few moments studying the bird carcass that Setsuna had provided from the chamber. After he was done, he washed his hands clean and stepped away from the maggoty raven.

"I must confess t' bein' mistaken. Th' raven's dead of natural causes, not violence. It just looks so damn beaten up because th' maggots've been making it their meal. I'd say it's about... three days old?"

"The bottle of wine, though... I'm still gonna study it a little longer. I recognized th' winery it comes from. Magnimar, no further away than that."

20. - Top - End - #1520
    Ettin in the Playground

GM post

Mandraiv's roll
    Spoiler
    Show
    The journal is quite safe to open. Most of it appears to be odd ramblings about the silence of a Master and how hard it is to get live prey underground and how the 'withered prisoners' won't shut their moaning mouths and why is the Promised Matron taking forever to show up. There are a few references here and there about someone or something else named Orm, who apparently was kind and thoughtful enough to the writer to fetch (him? her?) tiny insects to feed on.

Setsuna's roll
    Spoiler
    Show
    One page in the bestiary section catches your eye. It is a rather large woodcut that shows a devil-eyed woman with her arm outstretched and the seven-pointed rune on her brow. Below her arm crouches a grotesque gangly form that you recognise to be the same as the bald creature that bit you. The creature, as might be expected, has its jaws fastened deep in the throat of a screaming bearded man. In the space above the man's head, the artist has carved wavy lines that look like smoke plumes, along with the man's face contorted in rage, a dagger in his hand and a helpless small child held upside-down by the ankle in the other.

There is only a single caption to go with the woodcut. "Wrathspawn - warrior-slaves of the Runelord Alaznist".

Red

Spoiler
    Show
    Survival rolls:
    Taking 10
    (1d20+6)[19]

Red bobs her head in agreement with Cipriano's assessment. He was probably right. The raven wasn't mushy yet. That took a few more days.

On Sirus's cue, Red is about to help gather up the scrolls and leave when she realises that there is something off with the fat book that Setsuna is holding. She's seen that wrinkling pattern before, but only because she'd been in Korvosa when the travelling freak show came and Kirsten had thought it would be a good idea to go see what weird stuff they had. Red hadn't liked the show. But she had learned what some people in Mwangi and possibly Katapesh did to people they didn't like. It'd turned out that as far as finding ways to make people suffer went, her father had thankfully been rather uncreative.

Feeling vaguely sick in her stomach, Red winces and tugs at Rico's sleeve. "Rico? Rico! That's... I think that's... something that used... to be... on a person. The book cover."

MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1521
    Troll in the Playground

"Mmmmmyeah, yer right at that, Red" Rico says, snorts and shudders, giving her hand a squeeze as she nods in agreement.

Jabbing a gore-stained gauntlet at the Lamashtan book, Rico spits and says, "There, here an' o'er there. Y'realize that crease there's a navel? This wrinkle here's a nipple, yon roughness is an earlobe? Human skin, this was. Stretched out. Tanned. Leathered. Possibly more than one... donor. Almost certainly tortured. Hell, I've tasted racking an' whippin' an' beatin'... but this is... ggghhhh..."

Rico raises a brow and asks, "'Ave we taken all tha's 'here ta be taken? If so, let's go, eh?"

Spoiler
    Show

Playing it safe and efficient. Taking Ten on all of the above would have sufficed, unless I'm mistaken.
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2013-08-05 at 10:56 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1522
    Titan in the Playground

Setsuna

Upon finding the creature she was looking for, Setsuna takes the book over to Cipriano, "Those creatures were called 'Wrathspawn' and they were soldiers of one of the Runelords. They are depicted here." Before she could get there however, she catches Red and Rico's short exchange and, realizing the book for what it is, drops it in surprise and disgust.

Trying to wipe her hands clean, Setsuna nods emphatically at Rico's statement, "I agree, let us leave this place. All that is left is that strange glowing pool, and it should be fine as long as we do not let anyone come down here alone."

23. - Top - End - #1523
    Ogre in the Playground

Cipriano Verneti

Setsuna wasn't the only one disgusted by Rico's revelation about Lamashtan bookbinders. Making a sign to ward off evil, Cipriano stared at the discarded book like it was a venomous serpent.

"Almost", he then answered the half-orc and removed his cloak. Laying it on the floor, he nudged the book quickly on top of the cloth, no more willing to touch it than Setsuna. After the book lay on top of his cloak, he bundled the accursed thing tightly.

"We must not leave such a loathsome book behind for someone else t' find. Nor do I trust any force here in this accursed place t' destroy it", he said, picking up the bundle. "I've acquaintances among the Desnans of Cynosure Tower, back in Magnimar. They will know what t' do with such a vile tome - whether they wish t' study it t' better fight th' Mother of Monsters, or destroy it outright. We'll ask Zanthus t' keep it safe 'til they can send someone reliable t' fetch it."
    Last edited by North_Ranger; 2013-08-05 at 02:53 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1524
    Ettin in the Playground

GM post

With the Lamashtan prayer book all wrapped up in Cipriano's cloak, you all decide that it quite definitely time to leave this unhallowed place. It's been nearly an hour since any of you had fresh air and between the thick metallic smell of blood and the drying bits of the quasit at Rico's armpit, it's becoming harder and harder to breathe comfortably.

The rest of the watchmen who were in the sea cave with Hannah are in the underground place now, fanning out to comb the area and dragging the dead bodies against the wall of the statue room. Giving a brief update and any advice you might have to Dagmar, who seem to have taken it upon himself to supervise the others in clearing out the area - including not peeing into the glowing pool - you all then proceed back down the corridor and out of the mysterious underground place.

TEH LOOTZ:
    • 1 scroll of Flaming Sphere - 150 gp
    • 1 scroll of Burning Hands - 25 gp
    • 1 wand of Shocking Grasp - 300 gp due to containing fewer charges
    • 1 +1 returning cold iron dagger (with Setsuna) - 2504 gp
    • 1 bloodstained black silk dress (tiny) - 10 gp due to the condition
    • 1 +1 longsword - 1007 gp 5 sp
    • 1 silver dagger - 11gp 5 sp
    • 1 masterwork handaxe - 153 gp
    • 4 ranseurs - 20 gp
    • 1 ornamental ranseur (looted by Red from Alaznist's statue as you all leave) - 400 gp
    • 1 Lamashtan prayer book - 100 gp
    • 1 dead wren (in Sirus's pocket) - WHAT DOES IT HAVE IN ITS POCKETSES?

See the OOC regarding loot division.

As you all emerge from the tunnels, the smell of ocean spray is a welcome and refreshing reprieve from the oppressive stillness of the underground place. Hannah is still in the cave, listening with a grim intensity to Nim as he gives his report, a scowl growing on her face as she wrinkles her brow. Behind her, perhaps to your surprise, are two very familiar and yet unexpected figures who are also paying attention to Nim's testimony.

"Greetings, Sirus Skerlati. Setsuna. Rico. Father Verneti. Mandraiv. Red." Shalelu Andosana's cool green eyes regard your blood-stained forms with what seems to be amusement, tossing her pale locks behind her pointed ears while folding her arms. "I'd joined with with Belor on his way back from Magnimar. We only got Hannah's courier late last night though, so the two of us hurried back as fast as we could. Constable Akbar is leading the guards that Captain Uriana was kind enough to lend to us for such time until the goblin threat is quelled. Constable Nim here says you've been having quite the adventure, I gather." Despite her casual tone and posture, you get the distinct impression of a razor-sharp mind whirring rapidly away behind the smirking face, noting everything and missing nothing.

"So you're back," remarks Sheriff Hemlock gruffly as he steps forward, smelling of horses and stale sweat, dark circles under his eyes and his watch uniform still coated with a layer of dust from the road. Reserving a faint crinkle in his eyes for Rico, he glares sternly at the rest of you, a dangerous undertone in his voice.

"I've heard enough from Hannah and Nim. The goblin prisoners will be dealt with shortly, and Shalelu here has enough intel for us to launch an assault on the blighters' den at Thistletop right away. But tell me first, before I do anything else... What's all this about Tsuto Kaijitsu leading the goblins? And Nualia Tobyn back from the dead? And what in name of the Lady of Graves have you just discovered lying right under my town?"
    Last edited by maggie_mcknife; 2013-08-06 at 05:11 AM.

MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1525
    Troll in the Playground

Rico stumbles out of the caverns, scowling
    Grinds her teeth, her gorestained cuirass thumping
    She recounts in stony and steady voice,
    "Sir, reporting.
    Counting incidents backwards, sir.
    Ransacked a Lamashtan necromancer's study.
    Destroyed a dozen deadders.
    Found torture chambers.
    Found and killed two demons.
    Encountered at least a dozen hellspawn.
    Physical damage not too much...
    ...but got mindfrakked.
    Several of us.
    Sarge volunteered ta hold the entryway.
    That was today.
    Captured goblins made were rioting---
    ---trying to kill two of their own.
    Vachedi saved 'em.
    Questioned 'em.
    Made plea-bargain agreement.
    Divulged intel on THIS enemy stronghold.
    Divulged intel on enemy invasion routes.
    Further incursions foiled by Wotch patrols
    Under ma'am Hannah's command.
    Rescued Ameiko from kidnappers.
    Kidnapper was apparently, Tsuto.
    Found documentary as well as witness
    Evidence proving he was going to sacrifice
    His father and his sister to Lamashtu.
    Kept her beaten up in Glassworks cellar.
    In league with goblins, monsters, demons.
    Incredibly in love with Nualia---
    ---either risen from the grave
    Or had orchestrated the fire that killed her father.
    Horribly evil, monstrous
    And more tainted than even Hellgirl o'er there.
    Also massacred the Glassworks employees.
    And killed old man Lonjiku by encasing him
    In molten friggen glass.
    Only the Wotch knows, sir.
    Classified, to avoid public panic and anarchy.
    That was yesterday, sir.
    Before that, were woken in the early morning
    Goblin infiltrators.
    Mr Alergest's house.
    Boy's bedroom. Mother and child
    Got out safe. Father died a hero.
    Wotch set up a perimeter to ensure
    Nothing escapes
    And nobody further's hurt
    We went in and squashed
    The goblin infiltrators.
    That was the day before."

Rico sighs, salutes, takes a drink.
    She then rumbles in her throat and says,
    "All collected evidence, procedures and notes thus far
    Ye can check in my desk, sir. Casefile dated
    Same time as the Swallowtail Festival.
    Request permission to fall out
    Take a bath and take
    Lunch? Sir?"
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2013-08-06 at 01:59 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1526

Mandraiv

"I need to go tend to my studies. Perhaps you'd like to accompany me, Setsuna-san? Might be a good idea to compare our magical studies, learn from each other."
    Lord Havelock Vetinari Avatar by AlfredAmeoba.
    "A sense of terrifying admiration overcame him.
    He wondered what it was like in the Patrician's mind. All cold and shiny, he thought, all blued steel and icicles and little wheels clicking along like a huge clock. The kind of mind that would carefully consider its own downfall and turn it to advantage." "Every evil tyrant has a plan to rule the world. The good people don't seem to have the knack."-Terry Pratchett

27. - Top - End - #1527
    Titan in the Playground

Setsuna

The tiefling looks at her feet as Rico brings the sheriff up to date on what happened. In response to the offer to compare spells with Mandraiv she perks up a little, That should help clear my head, but first, a bath. "Perhaps later this evening if you are free. I want to get cleaned up and get this tunnel behind me first.

28. - Top - End - #1528
    Ogre in the Playground

"What she said, confirmed an' witnessed", Cipriano added after Rico's thorough report of the events that had transpired. "An' if ya don't mind me offerin' advice... best th' existence of this place be kept on th' down-low. At least until we figure out how to properly cleanse th' place. Cleanse an' preferably seal. Unless you're interested in doin' business with Lamashtan pilgrims or Thassilonian history buffs."

29. - Top - End - #1529

Mandraiv

Mandraiv shivers. "Now theres a truly horrifying thought. Half the wizards in Riddleport showing up here?"

30. - Top - End - #1530
    Ettin in the Playground

GM post

The expression on Sheriff Hemlock's face only darkens as Rico gives her report and he seems about to say something when he remembers that you aren't actually watchmen for him to command - that at least half of you are tired and have other plans for the afternoon on your mind.

He grunts and rubs his nose wearily against the back of his gauntlet, unable to entirely hide the bitter note in his voice. "If you insist. Very well. I thank you all then, for your invaluable services to Sandpoint and the watch. It wasn't necessary for you all to risk your lives like this, and I am grateful that none of you have faltered. Mayor Deverin will certainly be informed. Dismissed. Hannah, go get someone to fetch Zantus and get him to meet me at the apothecary immediately. And Shalelu - a word, if you please."

Hannah, plainly relieved at no longer being the one in charge, hurries to fulfil her orders, barking instructions at a nearby watchman. (Those of you who notice such things might realise that there are only badge-holding guards down here and no militia men; to Hannah's credit, she is taking as few chances as she can with the news of the underground place spreading among the citizens.) Sheriff Hemlock's conference with Shalelu lasts no longer than a few hurried sentences, with the slim elf nodding curtly in response. Having received confirmation of whatever was on his mind, the Sheriff sweeps past the rest of you with Shalelu in tow, glances at Rico, then leaves the sea cave, his footsteps echoing heavily on stone.

You all are free to do as you wish for now. Unless, of course, you wish to talk to Hannah or follow Sheriff Hemlock.

MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show