New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 74 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: (PF) Rise of the Runelords: Burnt Offerings IC

Setsuna

Sensing that nothing more can be gained from the goblin, Setsuna lets Red and Sirrus decide the goblins' fate as she realizes oh, I was retrieving Cipriano's pack and returns to completing Cipriano's request. Seeing that her companions have already taken the initiative on handling the prisoners, she quickly moves ahead to track down the cleric's supplies before hurrying back to where she last saw him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception check required to find him? (1d20-1)[11]

If she does see him/doesn't need to roll:

She approaches him and offers his pack, with a slight blush of shame, "I apologize for the delay Fox-san, trying to extract information from one of the captives distracted me de gozaru."

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

Sirus

Sirus nods at Madraiv 's suggestion. After all that, the inn would be good. It has been a big day. But it has not yet ended.

After moving the prisoners, Sirus starts the collection of valuables. Methodically and precisely, he stacks them and counts them, with Red's help. After Red 's exclamation that he is scary, he nods, his face impassive.

"You are. Scary. Too. You fought goblins. When everyone else. Was running. Think of it. Fear is a weapon. I use it. As such.

And as all weapons, it can cut. Both ways."

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Cipriano Verneti

Setsuna didn't have to walk very far; by the time she had retrieved the kit, Cipriano and Rico were already half-way back to the town square. The young cleric laughed as he accepted the kit with a nod.

"Thank you, Miss Setsuna. Even though we didn't need it... some healing magic and folk medicine were all that was needed", he said with a chuckle. Folk medicine indeed... "Did the goblins tell you anything of interest? Or did they just chatter and threaten to cut off various body parts?"
    IN MEMORIAM 1983-2013. Bot as necessary.

Halforums.com - For the love of God, don't ask about the steak.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Setsuna

Setsuna smiles at the good news but shakes her head in response to the question, "It was not much, but from what it told us it was probably an elf or half elf with a long ponytail that talked the goblins into this attack. Is that an uncommon enough description for this town to narrow down who it may have been?"

I'll try and draw a sketch of that person tonight, perhaps it will help more than just a description.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Cipriano Verneti

"Huh... that isn't much to go on. But it's a start. Me and Rico, we found out that someone opened the north gate from the inside",
    Cipriano answered as he walked with the two women back towards the square. "There's something going on here, something more than just a random goblin raid..."

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Setsuna

"I agree. I think I may stay here a while longer than I had planned, I want to know what is going on and find the one responsible for this. I do not suppose either yourself or Rico-san know of a place where I can stay cheaply?"

If not I'll just need to sleep in the woods, but with the goblins about...

She walks with the pair back towards the square, idly wondering if there was something she forgot to do.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Cipriano Verneti

"Well, I've been told that the Rusty Dragon Inn would be a welcoming establishment for a cleric of the Lucky Drunk", Cipriano answered with a small smile. "I could put in a good word for you."

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

Setsuna

The Rusty Dragon, huh? I think that was the name of the Kaijitsu's daughter's establishment...well, I suppose any assistance I get is more a reward for trying to help than because of my name, she may not even recognize me, with only my given name...

She returns the smile lightly, "That would be much appreciated." The smile is cut short however, with the adrenaline finally dying down, Setsuna once again is properly aware of her improper dress and looks away flushed, muttering quietly to herself, "I should not have done that," thinking of the warchanter she charged.
    Last edited by Desril; 2013-02-17 at 12:56 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

When Rico and Cipriano finally arrive back at the square, though the halforc guard now comes in clothing a bit more torn, a bit more stained with a bit more blood and ash and mud, she seems to be in better spirits than she had been earlier. Dragon-pommeled greatsword once more returned to its backslung sheath, she grunts appreciatively at the others' work with the goblins, backhands the little buggers back into unconsciousness, then heavs the whole roped-together bundle of miscreants easily over one shoulder, setting off for the town's gaol...

...along the way, she grunts at Setsuna and says, "Yer question. Got some answers to't. More answers'n'd be ideal, an' more questions fer more ivvestigation. You want to help wi' such, Sarenrae smile on ye--- come with me'n Red as we deliver this package o' uglies to the gaol, make yer report ta Sheriff Hemlock. Liase wi' me after, cossultation's at the Rusty Dragon, ask Keep'Ameiko fer the room of Il Maestro."

Rico snorts and adds, "Probably after Father Fox'd spoken the evenin's blessing."

Rumbling at Red, she asks once they get a bit of distance from the others, "Red, how're ye doing? How're these new friggers doing? Everything... up top an' clear? Nuthin' dirty?"

Along the way, she pats around in her coat and eventually fishes out a well-worn notebook. She frowns as she has no writing material immediately to hand and shrugs--- shaking the trussed-up goblins on her shoulder as she does so--- and snatches a piece of half-charred wood from some failed arson-victim building.

She flips it open and scribbles...

Spoiler
    Show
    Draft: Casefile 469 entry zero, date 22-09-4707
    Treachery, nor'gate opened, goblins entered DURING ceremony, several arsons, thefts. Actual casualties still being reckoned. Raid repulsed. Competent concerned travelers aided.

Suspect/s: boss-grade [?] elfblood, long-hair/ponytail, "TALKED the goblins into the attack".

Need more info.

Possible list:
    >Andosanna, Shalelu--- fullblood, female, ranger, seasonal, prime, stealthy. Nobody else knows of region's goblinkind more than she does... BUT she HATES goblins. Opportunity, means, aye. Motive, nay.
    >Velerin, Hannah--- fullblood, female, herbalist, local, prime [?], civilian. Likely contact with gobs? Not high.
    >Povalii, Rynshinn--- halfblood, male [?]. Clothier/seamstress/tailor/NEEDLEWORKER. Likely contact with gobs? Not high.
    >Kaijitsu, Tsuto--- halfblood, male. Brewer/taverner/brawler. Current whereabouts unknown. See: File 417, public disturbance, domestic dispute. Likely contact with gobs? Maybe.
    >Tander, Nisk--- halfblood, male. Alchemist, local. See: Files 117, 213, 379, 444. Suspected of arson-by-proxy, poisoning, smuggling, dangerous substances: the brewing and trafficking thereof, murder. All cold cases, as yet unproven. Sanctions threatened, not carried out. [Chief getting soft in old age?] Current whereabouts...

...and then she slaps the notebook closed and tosses aside the now-worn stub of her makeshift pencil.
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2013-02-17 at 01:41 PM.
    Avatarcred: HELL YEAH to THE Oneris! Ma'am, thank you, ma'am.
    Previous Avatars: by Dr Bath, Strawberries, zimmerwald1915

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

Red

The pugilist's comment unsettles Red more than she lets show, something in her chest tightening at the mere mention of fear being used as a weapon. She didn't want to be like her father. But if she went around hurting people and threatening to kill them, then what did that make her?

She shakes her head, her voice subdued as she helps him to stack the goblins' equipment. "...This is... Rico's home. I had to help. I didn't... mean. To be scary." Looking down at the piece of goblin armour in her hands, she sighs to herself, then attempts a brave smile at the pugilist. "But yes. You are... right. Fear can... hurt... people. I will try... to be careful. Like you."

Upon seeing Rico and Mister Fox approach, Red immediately rises to her feet and joins her friend. "I'm... all right. They do good work," she says quietly. Then, eyeing the ruined edge of Rico's skirt, Red makes a face and grins - for real, this time. "Rico. You spoilt all your clothing," she says accusingly, raising an eyebrow in mock suspicion.

Sirus and Red loot the goblin POWs. Total loot list, including items discovered behind the White Deer are as follows:

• 1 potion of Cure Moderate Wounds - in Red's pocket
    • 1 potion of Cure Light Wounds
    • 1 masterwork horsechopper - broken in half by Rico
    • 2 shortbows
    • 2 quivers with 20 arrows each
    • 2 studded leather armour (small)
    • 7 leather armour (small)
    • 8 dogslicers
    • 1 whip
    • 20 gp

GM post

You all leave the town square around the same time, with the struggling goblin prisoners slung over Rico's back like so many unhappy chickens bound for market....

Those who wish to follow Rico down to the Watch Garrison make a left turn and proceed with her down Tower Street. The acrid smell of smoke is rather less heavy now, with the sounds of fighting in the street replaced by the buzz of several hundred people - talking, laughing, every single one of them relieved that the goblin attack has failed after all. Your group receives several rousing cheers as you all make your way down the street, though some citizens do glance nervously at the goblin prisoners, fidgeting with the weapons that they still hold.

Sheriff Hemlock isn't back yet when your group arrives at the Garrison - he's probably still out handling things down at North Gate with Father Zantus. Some of the other guards are present, however, and they scramble to their feet at the sight of your prisoner haul. The jailor, a hulking scarred Shoanti brute named Vachedi, steps forward, a low rumble meant to be a chuckle starting deep in his chest when he sees how many live goblins you all have brought in.

"Aye. Cells are gonna be overflowing with so many little guests. Guess all the drunks will have to go elsewhere to sleep tonight, eh? Dunno what the boss has in mind though - if we keep 'em, we'll either have to kill the lot or let them all go. I don't fancy keeping no gobbos as pets now," he shrugs at Rico while gazing at the others with no small amount of curiosity. He recognises Red though, and spares her a brief upward quirk of the mouth.

Those who decide to follow Mandraiv back to his cousin's tavern turn right after leaving the town square. Despite the invasion having been quelled, the town remains restless, with parents calling out for their children and neighbours standing in the streets, still clutching the staves and kitchen knives they'd hurriedly snatched up, despite the obvious cheer in their voices. Ever so often, you come across the corpse of a dead goblin - some trampled by horses, some beheaded by the town watch, and one floating in a half-smashed in rain barrel, dead by drowning.

After making your way through the various side streets to avoid the crowd, you arrive in the open space where Sandpoint hosts its twice-weekly markets. Thankfully, today wasn't a market day, leaving the place mercifully devoid of the vendors and shoppers who usually throng the area. There are no dead goblin bodies or scorch marks or smokey smell here - perhaps the goblins didn't manage to reach this side of town before they were routed.

Over at the other side of the marketplace, you find Mandraiv's cousin, Ameiko Kaijitsu, chatting with a bunch of worried looking townsfolk, her samisen slung over her shoulder and her rapier worn openly at her hip. Upon catching sight of your group, she waves you over, elbowing Mandraiv playfully in the ribs once he is close enough.

"So you're back! I was wondering if you'd been 'unavoidably detained' by the ladies or something," she says jovially, flashing Mandraiv a brilliant smile. "And in one piece too. Did you manage to find Father Zantus? How were things on the other side of town? Or did you just run back to find Katrine the second my back was turned?"
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Setsuna

Setsuna nods in response, "I will do just that. I would like to talk with you more in any case, and I am no artist but I can try to draw a picture of the one that was behind the goblin attack once I can sit down. The image may prove more helpful than just the description."

That said, she follows Rico to the garrison, her eyes occasionally shifting to Red with a look of concern, I can't just let her suffer like she is, but where do I begin? I'll need to talk to her in private at some point...

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

"Sgood, sgood..." Rico mutters in response, ducking a barber's signpost but braining one of the bound goblins in passing.

Amber eyes twinkle as she bares her tusks in a long frown, wolvish ears flattening in guilt. "Sorry-sorry, blame battle-damage. Not all. Perdy sure'd I didn't frigg me loincloth. KOFF. Don't worry, still got spares o' civvies... an' me uniform... still in official lockup, though."

~~~

When they arrive at the garrison, Rico grunts in grim acknowledgement as she none too gently deposits her cargo with Vachedi. "Aye. Please, sir see that they're made fit fer further interrogation and... almost certainly summary execution. Father Cipriano'd probably want his rope back, but might be persuaded to donate it in the name of the Law, hmm?"

"Hallo, officers." she says at troopers Halast and Nim. She slams her palms on their desk, leaning over them, coat reeking of ale, sweat, ash and goblin-blood, nothing seductive at all about the ripped civvies and heaving bosom beneath gleaming chainmail. Rico snorts like a rooting wild boar right at their faces. "Please, open a new casefile 469-primary. Subject, goblin raid and suspected traitor-and/or-mastermind."

Shooting first her gaze at the aquiline-nosed guardsman son of a Taldori exile, then towards Sirus and Cipriano. "Please take the official statements of these two commendably capable-and-concerned passing travelers. Thank you. Gentlemen, once more unto the nock. Please. Thank you."

She then glaringly smiles at the bald, bearded, dark-skinned Osiriani expat, then pulls a couple of chairs for Setsuna and Red while herself remaining standing. "The same request, officer with the addendum that yer put yer artistic skill to use in drawing or helping her draw a composite sketch of the suspect. Please. Thank you."

While they're at that, Rico snatches some proper writing implements and rewrites and expands her initial report. Putting that aside, she begins to shuffle through the archives, then stops and asks, "Sirs? Request permission to access complete files for ehem..."

She then moves closer and shows whichever officer had finished with their processing first and shows them her notebook's supplemental file on the list of possible suspects.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

Sirus

Sirus saw Red becoming uncomfortable with his comments. That was not his intention. Not following his intention through is unsettling. He must rectify.

"Not. So. You misunderstood. You use. Deadly weapons. Skillfully. As you should. You use fear. Without the same. Caution in its. Use. And thus. It can hurt you. Too. When it is time. To be. Firm. Be Firm. When not. Do not. But know. Which time. It is."

When the loot has been assembled, Sirus will put it in a bag, with an accounting in, and give it to someone to carry, his first choice Rico.

"These are. The possessions of the goblins. By law and custom. They must be split among. Those that fought them."

He will then follow Rico to finally meet someone in charge. He stands by when Rico gives her report. He will then speak, his voice cutting through small talk.

"There was someone. Working with. The goblins. Probably from. The town. A half elf. Or. An elf. Carrying. A bow. Speaking Goblin. Dressed in. Green. He was. The planner. Of the attack. That is. The real. Enemy.

Until he is. Found. This town. Is not safe. And I am not sure. It will be after.
    "

His opinion known, Sirus will wait for the rest to have their say.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Barbarian in the Playground

Though weary, Mandraiv manages a grin, "Hey, 'Meiko! The goblins interrupted my.. picnic, unfortunately. They seem to have terrible timing. I helped Rico and some others deal with a group of the goblins, they're bringing them in. By the way, have you seen Katrine?"
    Lord Havelock Vetinari Avatar by AlfredAmeoba.
    "A sense of terrifying admiration overcame him.
    He wondered what it was like in the Patrician's mind. All cold and shiny, he thought, all blued steel and icicles and little wheels clicking along like a huge clock. The kind of mind that would carefully consider its own downfall and turn it to advantage." "Every evil tyrant has a plan to rule the world. The good people don't seem to have the knack."-Terry Pratchett

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

Red

That was the sixth time she'd caught Setsuna gazing at her funny since they'd gotten out of the square. Red blinked and returned the favour, giving the tiefling a frank but puzzled look. What a weird lady. And did she know that the nice blue and gold tassled scarf she'd wrapped around herself was someone's kapenia? If that went up in flames, some Varisian somewhere was going to be really really mad.

Red waved her hand in front of Setsuna's face. "...Miss Setsuna? Are you all right?"

MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Cipriano Verneti

When they arrived at the gaol, Cipriano looked somewhat... uncomfortable. Maybe it was memories - a man who was used to drinking, carousing and barfighting certainly would have been familiar with the local gaols. Or perhaps it was the presence of manacles and iron bars; things that were anathema to the freedom-loving doctrine of the lucky drunk. Still, the cleric offered no resistance to the idea of bringing the goblins here for the time being.

"I... I should think the good gaoler has better bonds than my coil of rope, Rico", the young man answered when the half-orc's mention of his rope - not to mention using some other moniker of him than "Father Fox" - stirred him from his reveries. "But I'll be happy to give my statement. As soon as possible."

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

GM post

Mandraiv went alone to seek Ameiko Kaijitsu's inn.

Sirus, Setsuna, Red, Rico, and Cipriano went to the Watch Garrison. Since Rico was busy carrying prisoners, Red is currently holding on to the loot bag.

Mandraiv

Ameiko snorts in an unladylike manner at your mention of 'picnic' and gives a light shrug in response to your question. "Can't say I have, cousin. I'd advise staying away though. At least for the rest of tonight. You know how Ven's been over the rumours about Katrine and Harker," she says, giving you a warning look as she claps your shoulder. "Ven's a good man. Try not to antagonise him, all right?"

"All that said, where is constable Rico?" Ameiko grins at you heartily. "I've been hearing all sorts of tales about her using one of my tables to bash goblins. Not to mention that Mister Foxglove came back here just a while ago and was gushing about some Taldane with fancy fistwork who saved him from being eaten by goblin dogs. Says you did a neat job with one of your spells too, by the by. I want to thank Rico and everyone else who saved the town properly in the proper adventuring way - with lots of drinks and song! Surely you weren't thinking of celebrating this victory alone?"

Everybody Else

In Sheriff Hemlock's absence, nobody has been giving these two watchmen any orders and they have been idling about the station at a complete loss as to what they ought to be doing, given the emergency situation. To have Rico barking orders at them is a huge relief and they gladly jump to follow her instructions, not even bothering to question her list of suspects.

While Trooper Halast obediently jots down Cipriano and Sirus' witness statements, Trooper Nim does his best to oblige with a scratchy pencil rendition of the person that Setsuna saw in the goblin commando's mind. Unfortunately, Nim's artistic skills are mediocre at best, and Setsuna's description of the shadowy figure is still too vague for him. Despite Nim's best efforts, all he can come up with is a blobby silhouette that could belong to just about any long-haired elf blood.

"Sorry 'bout that, missy," mutters Nim, his cheeks flushing a ruddy shade of crimson palpable despite his dark skin, placing his pencil down and trying to hide the lousy sketch under his elbow. "I ent much of a drawing man. We don't usually have to draw anything for the kinda crimes we get down here."

With Vachedi busy securing the goblins downstairs in the basement cells and the other two scrambling to follow Rico's instructions, nobody is there to ban Rico from a quick rifle through the wooden cabinet that Hemlock uses to store previous case files. The results are disappointing though. Aside from an impressive pile of fines and reports levied against Nisk Tander, the alchemist, for the sale of suspect goods, it seems that Sandpoint's other elves and half-elves have been extremely well behaved citizens. Rico cannot find the case files that she is looking for, despite her encyclopaedic knowledge of Sandpoint's unsavoury elements.
    Last edited by maggie_mcknife; 2013-02-18 at 09:11 AM.

MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

Sirus

Sirus watches with inward apprehension at the way his testimony is handled. Outwards, he is collected, cordial and as expressionless as a wall of ice. It has been a long day.

"A description of. The half elf. Is not the way. To find him. I would suggest. That instead. You make a list of all the half elves. Currently or recently in Sandpoint. And question them. Accordingly."

After the procedure is over, Sirus will get back to his room in the Rusty Dragon Inn, loot bag in tow. It seems that there will be the second point of meeting. He makes sure Rico knows that he is staying there.

Too late, he remembers that that the forward young nobleman Foxglove also lives there.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

"Uy" Rico mutters in reply at Nim's self-deprecation. "So y'weren't the one who did that ra'r remarkable graffiti on the restroom wall? Still, eh, good effort."

Closing up shop with now-inkstained hands, she makes a final supplemental scribble in her notebook before tucking it back into her pocket, Sirus? What is HIS angle? Sometimes, some people can be TOO charitable or TOO competent.
    Or am I simply being paranoid? Little leads on the MAYBE elfblooded mastermind. Shalelu might be able to help. That Tander might be worth looking into as well. Scratch... Desna's damnation, Sandpoint's too good a town. Who of these buggers has likely MOTIVE?

Fingers massaging the bridge of her nose, Rico turns to Sirus and says, "One, it's procedure. If somebody offers a description, that is taken into evidence as well. Admittedly, not very good evidence as "pointy-eared, long-haired, cloak-wearing, bow-toting" frigger fits the vast friggen majority of elfbloods. Frak the lot."

She favours the pugilist with a momentary smirk as she flips her handy notebook out, then shoves it back into her coat's interior breast-pocket. "Already done. All resident or recent arrival elfbloods who actually match the description you and Ms Setsuna over there gleaned from yer interrogation AND have previous relevant records, they're here. Questioning them, we'll hafta find them first."

"Officers?" Rico asks once again in a mockingly sweet voice since she is still technically off-duty. "Could I please have the latest report on the last known location and situation of the ranger Shalelu and the alchemist Tander? For the record, your honour, still classified as 'lead', not yet as 'suspect'."

Rico then nods at Cipriano, descends into the dungeon and shortly thereafter returns with his mess of ropes. "Thanks for the loan and the help, Father Cipriano. Sorry 'bout the damage. Annnnnd they're now officially chained, awaiting further interrogation and execution preparations."

The halforc constable then grunts over at Red and Setsuna and says, "Ladies. Thanks fer yer 'elp an' cooperation. EHEM. Iz anythin' seemin' ta be a problem?"

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

Red

"...She's wearing... a kapenia," Red volunteers, canting her head to one side in curiosity without taking her eyes off Setsuna. "...She needs to wear... something else. Before the owner comes... looking."

MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Setsuna

Not realizing that she was being quite so obvious, Setsuna just blinks in surprise as Red draws her attention, "Oh, yes, I am fine, there is just something on my mind," seeing that Rico, Sirus, and Cipriano are right there she opts not to explain that any further, but whispers to Red "I desire to talk with you in private, soon."

~~~

After Nim does his best to sketch the figure as Setsuna describes it, she confirms what was already said, "Rico-san is correct, it is a good effort, and it may yet prove to be of use at some point."

After the drawing is complete, she remains mostly silent, thinking about both Red and the elf behind the attack when Red mentions her scarf being a problem. She blushes again as Red stares at her and attention is drawn to her lack of dress, "I am wearing a what? I thought this was just a scarf, admittedly well-made, but why would anyone worry about it?" And if I lose this I won't be able to show my face at all, it's hard enough pretending to be alright with just this, she finishes mentally.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Barbarian in the Playground

Mandraiv grins at Ameiko, "They went to drop off the goblins at the gaol, I expect they'll be coming in later. You say Katrine hasn't showed yet? I should go check on her, she must have been so frightened all alone in the goblin attack..."
    Mandraiv ignores his cousin's protests, and leaves to go find Katrine. Guess I'll make sure she's alright, then go and find those others. We could all use a little fun after all that.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

Red

Red is utterly perplexed by Setsuna's request to talk in private. She'd only just met her - what on earth could there be to talk about? Still, surely there was no harm in just talking. Or did Setsuna have something else in mind?

Despite her misgivings, she nods her acceptance. "... All right. Later."

"Kapenia," explains Red patiently. "... Varisian family scarf. It is a sign that... you are... no longer a child. You wear it to be married, you wear it to die. Not to be... given away. The design is special... you can see the whole bloodline - where you came from. All the people."

She lightly traces with her finger the intricate loops and whorls of the one that Setsuna with wearing along the tiefling's back. Red had never owned a kapenia - not with her family being what it was and with her mother dead. What did that make her then? Still a child?

EDITED: italicised portion added to clarify that there is no inappropriate and public touching going on between Red and Setsuna.
    Last edited by maggie_mcknife; 2013-02-18 at 12:59 PM.

MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

Looming over the pair, Rico nods and grunts in agreement, saying, "Wot she said. Itsch right. 'Msure they'd understand emergency use, but if ye keep on wearin' that, I... um, the Wotch'll hafta arrest ye fer Theft."

"Arright, 'scuse me, while I wrangle up a solution..." Rico rumbles, holding up a finger. She ambles behind the filing cabinets. From behind their bulk could be heard sounds of grunting and ripping.

She returns shortly thereafter, greatcoat buttoned down to the last hole, the coat's opening adjusted just so-and-so for the joint considerations of practicality and modesty. She returns her dagger to its backslung sheath and tosses the now-bundled, now-slashed from waist to hem. Rico points from that to the kapenia that Setsuna's presently wearing. "One silver's worth of material and service. Countless generations' worth of heritage. Ye savvy?"

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Setsuna

Setsuna nods, smiling lightly and tries to focus more on the goblin issue, putting Red's troubles in the back of her mind for now.

~~~

Setsuna looks terrified as Red explains the kapenia, even as she blushes deeper at Red tracing the swirls she's realizing how important such a thing would be to whomever it belonged to and looks torn on what to do until Rico emerges with her "solution" of an altered greatcoat skirt.

Letting out a light sigh of apprehension, I got lucky with this 'kapenia' maybe I'll get the same results with this skirt?, Setsuna looks up to Rico, "Is there a place here that I can get a modicum of privacy to change?"
    Last edited by Desril; 2013-02-18 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Misunderstanding of Nexus' post

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

"Duck behind the filing cabinet?" Rico retorts, scratching herself behind the ear. "Or restroom. Probably filthy, though."

Out flips the notebook once more. Out she scratches, Kapenia, lost and found. By Setsuna, pro tem used as bosom-wrap / sarashi / whatever they call it. Might be a better idea than standard armoured corselet. Better support? Maybe? Crap protection, though.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

Setsuna gets up and moves to hide behind the filing cabinet with the skirt in hand. Once confirming that she's safely out of sight, she removes the kapenia and swiftly tries to wrap the skirt around her yet again bare chest, Well, it hasn't been destroyed yet, maybe it won't be, maybe the curse burnt out?

Once it's sufficiently tight, Setsuna ties the skirt to make sure it won't just fall off, "Thank you Rico-san, this should do for now, thankfully I seem to have finally escaped my curse, maybe I can get a proper shirt in the morning."

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

Rico's nostrils flare as she glares silently at the demon-girl. Mother of asswankering hell, ye've gotta be jestin' me. Desna's damnation, bosom-burning curses, what sort of petty god or wizard-frigger would...

...Ironballs' ilk. Tch. Frakkers. Tsk, figures.

She sighs as she takes the kapenia from her and hands it to Halast, saying, "Officer, please file under Lost and Found, top box. Last known location, plaza, atwixt cathedral and the Rusty Dragon. Thank you for your oh so valuable service."

"Hrhmm. Aye, speaking of which..." she adds to Red and the others, pocketing her notebook, "...I do believe we're expected at the Rusty Dragon. Ladies an' gents, shall we?"

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Cipriano Verneti

"I don't think you should worry too much, Miss Setsuna. If anything, whoever lost the kapenia will probably be grateful for you finding it for them", Cipriano spoke up after listening to the exchange between the two women, Red explaining the significance of such a sash. The young man did, however, feel a twinge of guilt... He had not worn his own sash for some time now, not since his grandmother had died. He was half-Chelaxian, yes, but the dear old woman had still insisted that her grandson be given one when he was old enough to shave.

He really needed to wear that piece of his ancestry more often. One silver's worth of material and service. Countless generations' worth of heritage. Rico truly had the right of it.

"And yes, I'm ready to go when you are. If you need some spare clothes, Miss Setsuna, I think I have a shirt or two I could spare. Nothing fancy, though... unless you insist on taking up my ceremonial garb", the young man laughed.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

Sirus

Sirus watches the discussion in his usual detached way. At the conversation over clothing, his left eyebrow rises.

"I am sure. Mrs Setsune. Has more clothes. Somewhere in town. Otherwise. I will gladly persuade. A local merchant. To give her. A discount.

But let us. Proceed. To the Inn. I think these. Acquisitions. Need to be. Split. Among all the parties. Involved.

And a meal. And a bath. Are probably. In order"