Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 778
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jyväskylä, Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Noble trouble 2.0

    Houserules:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1-Initiative. I roll initiative for everyone, monsters and players, when combat starts. This is just a PbP-specific rule, but it speeds up the game tremendously: We don't have to wait 3 or 4 days for everyone to make an iniative roll and then two days again for the player that rolled highest to tune in. When combat happens, I make the rolls and announce order of action. I will roll them in the IC thread in a spoiler, so you can all check it. This is not about DM fudging the combat, but about speeding things up. If you beat me to it, I will adopt your roll, but once I have announced the order of acting, it is set.

    Template:
    Initiative
    Søren Va [roll]1d20+6[/roll
    Jord Hrolfsson [roll]1d20[/roll
    Berend Jan [roll]1d20+6[/roll
    Zirc [roll]1d20+5[/roll


    2-Dying. Characters (and monsters and NPC's) do not die at -10, but rather at -(10+HD). So, a 4th level character dies at -14, a 13th level character at -23. This is because I think the 10hp buffer is a bit low at higher levels when damage-per-blow can get pretty high, and it represents improved toughness of higher level characters. You are still knocked out at -1 hp.

    3-Tumble. A barbarian can tumble while raging. Also, a DC30 tumble check allows a character to stand up from prone without provoking an AoO.

    4-Identify. Change the following: Material component becomes Arcane focus (i.e. no longer expended), and the spell allows identification of 1 item per caster level.


    OoC to all:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I wrote background info for all the six characters. A large part of what I wrote is spoilered and written to specific characters. Now if you can resist the temptation, I think it would be most fun if you read your own but not the info for the other characters. There’s nothing spectacular or very unique in any of the spoilers, but not knowing about the others might make for a more fun roleplaying start of things.


    World info:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Here is some general background info about the world. The info here is common knowledge for most people with the least bit of education.

    History, demography and politics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    350 years ago the Dukes of Imsal and Baten signed a peace after many centuries of small civil wars, relative peaceful periods and a few full blown wars. The continent was divided in two duchies, in which the Duke rules as he sees fit. A special arrangement was made for matters that concern the entire continent, such as relations with other continents. Every 10 years the seat of power concerning intercontinental matters moves from one duke to the other. At these moments, the name of the continent changes as well, with the first part of the name being the name of the duke currently in intercontinental power. As a matter of fact, a few weeks ago this seat moved from Imsal to Baten, which means that the continent is now called Baten-Imsal.

    As far as most normal people know, this seat of power is mostly ceremonial. The relation between the people living in both duchies is very good, and people trade and travel as if they were one nation. In many noble human and dwarven families the sense of loyalty to their duke is still very much alive, but the vast majority of people just do not care about these politics, the memories of the war being almost erased out of the collective memory.

    Imsal is much more civilized than Baten. The industrious humans and halflings have cultivated most of the land and drove off most of the savage humanoids to the rugged mountains of Baten. A lively trade exists in this duchy and people are generally well-to-do. Baten has many riches from the mountains, so the people living there (especially the dwarves and gnomes) know considerable wealth. However, Baten also has many parts where elfs, dwarves and gnomes still live according to ‘the old ways’, not approving of the modern human and halfling approach to society. Additionally, the rugged mountains are a place where many orcs, goblins and other savage humanoids live, as well as a much larger concentration of what one might call ‘monsters’.


    Places:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Baten: Baten lies against the great mountain ranges. What once began as a small Dwarven stronghold has now grown to become the 2nd largest city on the continent. While there is still a good 60% of dwarves in the population and the ruler is also a dwarf, 30% of the inhabitants are human and 10% of other races.

    Imsal: In the centre of the continent, this is the largest city and the main human stronghold. 70% of the inhabitants, including the duke, is human, 10% is dwarf and the other 20% is a mix of other races (mostly halflings).


    Persons:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Duke of Baten: Worf, a fairly old gray-haired dwarven man. He is known to be wise and calm. His father was responsible for the peace with the humans, but he has been in charge for over a hundred years now.

    Duke of Imsal: Danil, a rather young human who took over from his father just two years ago. As such, he does not yet have much of a reputation. Power shifts much more often in this duchy, so this duchy tends to be a bit less stable in a political sense. The past 120 years have been calm, though, with a line of dukes that appear to be sensible and having the well-being of the inhabitants high on their agenda.



    Map
    Spoiler
    Show




    It looks like all the goblins are dead. It all went very quick after breaking free from the cage. A lot of shouting, magic, strangling and chasing of goblins, recapturing of your weapons followed by bloodshed. As the silence and calm dawns on you, you realize you have a minor headache and a fuzzy feeling in your head. You don’t remember what you are doing here, who these people are. The physical focus from the battle is now reaching your heads and some things start making sense now:

    Søren Va and Berend Jan:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You both remember now. Some time ago, was it a week….what day is it today? Anyway, the both of you have been recruited by the Duke of Baten to carry an important parcel to the Duke of Imsal. A small cube box, about 5 inches big in all dimensions. A wooden box, enforced with metal plating and plain ornamentation. It was locked, but you could feel something hard was inside when you rocked it. You were offered 500 gold pieces each, 100 when you accepted the job, 250 from the duke of Imsal upon delivery and 150 once you would return in Baten with a signed confirmation of receipt. You clearly remember this mission being important, and that failure would result in unhappy people. Unhappy people in positions of considerable power.

    Yes, it is all coming back now, but your recent memory is hazy. Everything you remember seems so long ago, as if you are missing a few days. Or more… Luckily enough you recalled enough to determine at which point in this mission you are. You can see you are close to Imsal, and when you check your equipment for the box it is not there. However, when you check your money pouch, it is empty. No reward there. Maybe your partner has the box, and you haven’t delivered it yet. The initial 100 gp reward is gone as well, though. For sure you did not spend that much. Signed receipt, you recall, and you check your pockets, but no…

    You exchange a short glance with your partner and figure out that your partner is thinking the same, and also does not have any money, receipt or box. This is a problem. Reporting to either Duke would not only upset them, may or may not lead to some form of punishment but most importantly would destroy your reputation with the nobility in a large region. Nobility means missions, missions means fame, fame means money. And who the hell are these other four people anyway? How did you end up with them?

    On the up side, you find that all of the gear you are missing is being carried or worn by the group of goblins. Also, you find a total of 960 gold pieces on them, 160 for each of you (but these pieces do not bear the mark of Baten, so they are not your initial reward). You have money and you have your gear. You also have a lot of questions and you spot one goblin, the only one that survived the battle, cowering in the bushes.


    Jord Hrolfsson and Zirc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You both remember now. Some time ago, was it a week….what day is it today? Anyway, the both of you have been recruited by the Duke of Baten to carry an important parcel to the Duke of Ismal. A small cube box, about 5 inches big in all dimensions. A wooden box, enforced with metal plating and plain ornamentation. It was locked, but you could feel something hard was inside when you rocked it. You were offered 500 gold pieces each, 100 when you accepted the job, 250 from the duke of Ismal upon delivery and 150 once you would return in Baten with a signed confirmation of receipt. You clearly remember this mission being important, and that failure would result in unhappy people. Unhappy people in positions of considerable power.

    Yes, it is all coming back now, but your recent memory is hazy. Everything you remember seems so long ago, as if you are missing a few days. Or more… Luckily enough you recalled enough to determine at which point in this mission you are. You can see you are close to Ismal, and when you check your equipment for the box it is not there. However, when you check your money pouch, it is empty. No reward there. Maybe your partner has the box, and you haven’t delivered it yet. The initial 100 gp reward is gone as well, though. For sure you did not spend that much. Signed receipt, you recall, and you check your pockets, but no…

    You exchange a short glance with your partner and figure out that your partner is thinking the same, and also does not have any money, receipt or box. This is a problem. Reporting to either Duke would not only upset them, may or may not lead to some form of punishment but most importantly would destroy your reputation with the nobility in a large region. Nobility means missions, missions means fame, fame means money. And who the hell are these other four people anyway? How did you end up with them?

    On the up side, you find that all of the gear you are missing is being carried or worn by the group of goblins. Also, you find a total of 960 gold pieces on them, 160 for each of you (but these pieces do not bear the mark of Baten, so they are not your initial reward). You have money and you have your gear. You also have a lot of questions and you spot one goblin, the only one that survived the battle, cowering in the bushes.


    Arec Etin and Andreus:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You both remember now. Some time ago, was it a week….what day is it today? Anyway, the both of you have been recruited by the Duke of Baten to carry an important parcel to the Duke of Ismal. A small cube box, about 5 inches big in all dimensions. A wooden box, enforced with metal plating and plain ornamentation. It was locked, but you could feel something hard was inside when you rocked it. You were offered 500 gold pieces each, 100 when you accepted the job, 250 from the duke of Ismal upon delivery and 150 once you would return in Baten with a signed confirmation of receipt. You clearly remember this mission being important, and that failure would result in unhappy people. Unhappy people in positions of considerable power.

    Yes, it is all coming back now, but your recent memory is hazy. Everything you remember seems so long ago, as if you are missing a few days. Or more… Luckily enough you recalled enough to determine at which point in this mission you are. You can see you are close to Ismal, and when you check your equipment for the box it is not there. However, when you check your money pouch, it is empty. No reward there. Maybe your partner has the box, and you haven’t delivered it yet. The initial 100 gp reward is gone as well, though. For sure you did not spend that much. Signed receipt, you recall, and you check your pockets, but no…

    You exchange a short glance with your partner and figure out that your partner is thinking the same, and also does not have any money, receipt or box. This is a problem. Reporting to either Duke would not only upset them, may or may not lead to some form of punishment but most importantly would destroy your reputation with the nobility in a large region. Nobility means missions, missions means fame, fame means money. And who the hell are these other four people anyway? How did you end up with them?

    On the up side, you find that all of the gear you are missing is being carried or worn by the group of goblins. Also, you find a total of 960 gold pieces on them, 160 for each of you (but these pieces do not bear the mark of Baten, so they are not your initial reward). You have money and you have your gear. You also have a lot of questions and you spot one goblin, the only one that survived the battle, cowering in the bushes.
    Last edited by Autopsibiofeeder; 2013-07-16 at 01:17 AM.
    Avatar by Recaiden

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    artofregicide's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Between sleep and awake.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Noble trouble 2.0

    Søren, having looted his belongings off several bloodied corpses, takes some measure of enjoyment walking amongst the carnage. Clearly, the humanoids had chance against such a determined force. Fully equipped, and painted mask covering his face, Søren is quite ready

    He notices a surviving Goblin, hiding in the bushes not far. Quickly, the wizard approaches him, brandishing his scythe.

    "I will have answers, wretch. Speak now or you join the others."

    Søren nods to the pile of dead Goblins.

    Rolling intimidate (1d20-1)[9]

    While Søren tries to be quite fearsome, he accidentally nicks himself with the scythe, and curses loudly. The display is almost comical, but a bit threatening as well.

    "Where. Is. The. Box? It was important. Give me the box and I will spare your worthless life."

    The wizard speaks angrily, regardless of if the Goblin can actually understand him, and is extremely impatient and aggressive. Regardless, he shows no actual sign of attempting to dispatch the creature, for even in anger Søren is no fool.

    On his shoulder, his familiar speaks to the master, quietly.

    "Master, I find it prudent that we introduce ourselves to the others. Important as our mission is, it might be more diplomatic not to ignore them. They did, after all, help save us."

    Hearing the wisdom in the raven's words, Søren turns to the others, who are still collecting their gear.

    "Ah. Hello. Would anyone mind restraining this little cretin? I'm not much of one for ropes."
    Last edited by artofregicide; 2013-02-07 at 03:46 PM.
    "If I've learned anything, it's to fear nothing."

    Plays in Noble Trouble

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground
     
    J-H's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Noble trouble 2.0

    "I've no rope, but if he runs, I can stop him with blade or magic." Jord walks behind the goblin with his sword unsheathed.

    "Goblin, you speak Common?"

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    GreataxeFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Elemental Plane of Shadow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Noble trouble 2.0

    Zirc looks around at the wreckage of goblins, pleased at the piles of bodies strewn about. Seeing his trusty axe he picks it up, then looks towards the commotion with the last goblin and the man with the scythe, having heard him introduce himself.

    "Restrain you say? With ropes? Bah, I'll just hold him still in my own grasp!" The incredibly muscular let out with a boastful laugh."The name's Zirc by the way. And what's this you spoke of a Box just a moment ago?"Zirc walked to the goblin and and posed, flexing his muscles and dancing his pecks in front of it (Rolling Intimidate (1d20+2)[14]).

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    GreataxeFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Elemental Plane of Shadow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Noble trouble 2.0

    (Assuming a 14 is good enough to intimidate him, he is cowering after all).

    "Why do you attack us? Who sent you?"

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jyväskylä, Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Noble trouble 2.0

    The goblin was already cowering when you found him and being surrounded by several people bigger and stronger than he, he caves. "Please, not kill me...please, I please you." Tears run down his sad face and he breathes deep and uncontrolled. He is not going anywhere. He speaks common, but obviously not fluent. It takes him a few moments to calm down, but then he starts answering your questions.

    "I don't know the box you talk about..." He wipes his tears. "And you attack us. Kill my family." He points at the cage. "You breaked free and kill us." He shrugs. "Why? We just do as we are told. Our job!" He stares at a wooden sign attached to the cart: 'Krilnik & Sons - Transport of your needs'. It appears he is very proud of the business he has. Or, had.

    "What do I do now? Bob-Bob is going to hate me."
    Avatar by Recaiden

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Noble trouble 2.0

    Berend-Jan raises his axe using it to point at the goblin while he speaks to him.

    Where did you pick us up and to where and whom did Bob-Bob tell you to bring us? Obviously Søren had the same idea as he had, getting back the box. Being a man of his word Berend-Jan wanted to know everything the goblin knew about these Krilnik & Sons, but most of all where he could find them.

    After the goblin's response he turns to Zirc saying Yes, my companion Søren and myself were carrying a small box. Have you seen it?
    Last edited by Phyzor; 2013-02-11 at 02:00 PM.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jyväskylä, Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Noble trouble 2.0

    The goblin flinches as he sees the axe pointed in his direction. "Bob-Bob lives five hours traveling from here. At the bottom of that hill there. East side, there's a cave." He points in the distance and you indeed see a hill marking the landscape. "He paid us to bring you to Ardt the Horrible. Or, well, as close as we dared to go." You notice that he speaks that last name only softly, and with distinct fear.
    Avatar by Recaiden

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Noble trouble 2.0

    And how many friends does Bob-Bob have living there with him?

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jyväskylä, Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Noble trouble 2.0

    The goblin ponders a moment and then answers: "None, he prefers his own company. When he is in a good mood. Otherwise he fights."
    Avatar by Recaiden

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    GreataxeFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Elemental Plane of Shadow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Noble trouble 2.0

    Zirc looks around, he can't help but notice the tears of the goblin in front of him, scared for what may happen to his life.

    "The creature seems to be telling the truth, maybe we let him go. After all we can't fight such a small enemy--it's not even a fair fight!" Zirc boasted.

    Zirc turns in the direction of Berend who spoke to him.

    "The box? My campanion Jord and I were tasked with carrying a box from Baten to Ismal. We don't have it anymore since the goblins raid. But we must find it. Surely if we return to Baten in this state..."

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    artofregicide's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Between sleep and awake.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Noble trouble 2.0

    Søren has a hard time following the pitiful creature, and shows no compassion. On hearing the muscular orc speak of also carrying a box with unknown contents, he turns to him.

    "The Dwarf and I were assigned an order... to carry a small parcel, unopened, from Baten to Ismal. Are you saying you too had such a box?"

    Turning back to the Goblin, the Wizard shows utter contempt when warning him from leaving so soon.

    "We may still have use of you. You've bought yourself a few minutes, anyway. If you want to live longer, tell us whatever you can about this 'Bob-Bob'. What manner of creature is he? And how did he employ you?"

    Whilst the wizard interrogates the prisoner further, his familiar speaks to Berend Jan, it's voice inquisitive and respectful.

    "Master Dwarf, it seems that there is more going on here than meets the eye. While I have little love for Goblins, these seem to have little understanding of our situation. Is it possible that there were two boxes, and both groups of carriers were waylaid?"

    Søren too turns to the Dwarf, though keeping an eye on the Goblin lest he run.

    "The bird does make a good point. Perhaps this 'Bob-Bob' could give us some answers..."
    "If I've learned anything, it's to fear nothing."

    Plays in Noble Trouble

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jyväskylä, Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Noble trouble 2.0

    The goblin was a tad relieved by Zirc's sort-of compassion, but seems rather anxious again now the wizard had spoken to him. "Bob-Bob is one of them big folks. Uhm, giant?" He gestures to his cart. "We travel around, transporting the needs of people when we pass. We passed Bob-Bob, they hired us. Just normal business, we do that all the time."
    Avatar by Recaiden

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    GreataxeFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Elemental Plane of Shadow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Noble trouble 2.0

    Zirc turns to the man with the Scythe having heard his comment.

    "Yes, we were hired to carry out that exact same task, from Baten to Ismal. Where it went, I do not know. If we have shared the same task up to this point however, maybe we should journey together. After all an Axe and a Scythe are better than just a Scythe, or so I hear. If we are to journey together perhaps introductions are in order, no?"

    Zirc turns his attention back to the goblin.

    "Well, if we know his boss, this is probably where our 'box' is. Goblin, you take us to him. No funny business, or I cut you with my Axe myself." Zirc says with a boastful laugh.

    Zirc turns to the others.

    "Or does anyone else have a better plan?"
    Last edited by 3drinks; 2013-02-11 at 07:05 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground
     
    J-H's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Noble trouble 2.0

    "Sounds like the giant is a good lead - he's at least connected to whoever took the boxes, and we need to move quickly to find them."

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jyväskylä, Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Noble trouble 2.0

    The goblin follows the conversation and at some point humbly interjects: "So, uhm, I want to bring my family home." He looks around at the bloodbath. "Can't leave them here. Ok?"
    Avatar by Recaiden

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Noble trouble 2.0

    I agree that there is no fair fight here. I also believe that he is telling the truth. What strikes me though is the fact that 2 travelling groups both had a box and the same mission. What about you two, Berend-Jan says turning to the others, did you have a box and a mission too?

    You can use the cart for bringing your family home
    he turns to the goblin. I believe we have an appointment with Bob-Bob, I am fine if you travel along with us though

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jyväskylä, Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Noble trouble 2.0

    The goblin is visibly happy with Berend-Jan allowing him to take his fallen family members home. He moves to collect the corpses while you discuss the boxes and missions. Since the bodies of his closest relatives are here, as well as his cart and horses which represent quite likely the majority of his family's capital, he is obviously not at flight risk (not to mention the six well-trained people that are near).

    He makes a quick round and after a few seconds you hear him breathing and gasping excitedly: "Oh no, oh my! Krilnik junior, and Kriknil! He turns to your group with excitement. "Two of my sons still live!" Again, tears flow, but now with joy. He approaches you and asks you something (and the awkwardness of the situation is clearly readible from his face): "Would one of you strong men mind putting them in the cart. Softly. I can only drag them and I fear that I might hurt them, killing them after all..."

    DMrolls:
    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d10+5)[7]
    (1d100)[100]
    (1d100)[71]
    (1d100)[51]
    (1d100)[11]
    (1d100)[6]
    (1d100)[46]
    (1d100)[88]
    (1d100)[84]
    (1d100)[2]


    (1d10+5)[13]
    (1d100)[38]
    (1d100)[63]
    (1d100)[19]
    (1d100)[78]
    (1d100)[37]
    (1d100)[81]
    (1d100)[67]
    (1d100)[75]
    (1d100)[38]


    (1d10+5)[11]
    (1d100)[31]
    (1d100)[78]
    (1d100)[42]
    (1d100)[41]
    (1d100)[38]
    (1d100)[6]
    (1d100)[74]
    (1d100)[47]
    (1d100)[88]


    (1d10+5)[7]
    (1d100)[66]
    (1d100)[87]
    (1d100)[84]
    (1d100)[17]
    (1d100)[98]
    (1d100)[90]
    (1d100)[62]
    (1d100)[86]
    (1d100)[73]


    (1d10+5)[12]
    (1d100)[61]
    (1d100)[11]
    (1d100)[25]
    (1d100)[80]
    (1d100)[88]
    (1d100)[62]
    (1d100)[60]
    (1d100)[55]
    (1d100)[36]
    Last edited by Autopsibiofeeder; 2013-02-12 at 05:03 PM.
    Avatar by Recaiden

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground
     
    J-H's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Noble trouble 2.0

    Jord helps, after tapping one of each of the two living goblins with a Cure Minor Wounds.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spontaneous healing, dropping 2 casts of Resistance to heal each of the goblins by 1hp. That should stabilize them.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    GreataxeFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Elemental Plane of Shadow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Noble trouble 2.0

    Zirc looks the goblin in his sad eyes.

    "Oh, why not. I am not some big softie, but in order to help move this along, I will help you too."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Strength check I guess to lift one of them up?
    (1d20+6)[18]

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    artofregicide's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Between sleep and awake.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Noble trouble 2.0

    Søren's expression is hidden by his mask, but his inflection is unmistakeably disdainful.

    "A giant, eh? I've yet to fell a giant. Well, like this anyway."

    Turning to the Orc, he shows significantly more respect. Only a fool wouldn't.

    "Well spoken, friend, though I have more faith in you and your axe than my scythe and I. Your plan is as good as I can figure, though I don't think we should simply rush in swords brandished. It certainly hasn't done us much good so far."

    He looks at the dead Goblins. Clearly, the wizard feels no remorse, but certainly some frustration at being tricked.

    "There's nothing to be gained from hurting these wretches. I have no malice towards... Krink or whatever his name his name is."

    Turning to the Cleric, Søren simply shrugs. He makes no attempt to in any way assist the wounded.

    "What you do with your magic is your own business, but make certain you have enough to assist us if this giant proves to be unpleasant."

    The raven adds, pessimistically at the end:

    "And judging by the day so far, we can expect it to be."
    Last edited by artofregicide; 2013-02-12 at 10:05 PM.
    "If I've learned anything, it's to fear nothing."

    Plays in Noble Trouble

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jyväskylä, Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Noble trouble 2.0

    The goblin is grateful for Jord's healing magic and Zirc, who effortlessly puts the small corpses in the cart. When he has managed to have the horse-and-cart turn around on the road, he asks: "So, do you want me to take you to Bob-Bob?"
    Avatar by Recaiden

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    GreataxeFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Elemental Plane of Shadow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Noble trouble 2.0

    Zirc looks over to the goblin with an eager glance.

    "First we need to take your family home, right? Then we see the Bob-Bob. Then maybe the fun begins!" Zirc let out with another boastful laugh.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Noble trouble 2.0

    Im anxious to meet this Bob-Bob, i hope he has our boxes.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jyväskylä, Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Noble trouble 2.0

    The five of you travel alongside a goblin, a cart, a horse, two patients and three corpses in the direction of Bob-Bob's hill. The goblin was right: it takes you a bit less than 5 hours and about two hours before darkness will fall, you arrive close to the hill. Krilnik points: "There, a hole in the hill. Where Bob-Bob lives." You indeed see something of a cave entrance at a distance of about one thousand feet from your current location. From the right side the cave can be approached throuh a meadow. Doing so will expose you to whatever lives there and has eyes. From the left side, you can approach it through a patch of forest. Chances of approaching undetected are many times higher going that way, but Krilnik and his cart won't be able to enter the forest without getting stuck somewhere.
    Avatar by Recaiden

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    GreataxeFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Elemental Plane of Shadow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Noble trouble 2.0

    Zirc surveys the meadow and the forest, then looks back to his travel mates.

    "Hmm, the forest gives us surprise but we can't take our goblin wagon. Or we just walk straight-in and go for a frontal assault. I've never been much of a sneaky type, so let's charge through the meadow! No sense splitting up the wagon now. And besides, I prefer a fair fight anyway. Bah ha ha ha ha ha!" Zirc let out with another boastful laugh.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    artofregicide's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Between sleep and awake.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Noble trouble 2.0

    A bit incredulously, Søren questions the big orc.

    "Remind me: what good would the wagon do us in combat, again? It contains: 3 dead goblins, and two barely living goblins, and one living but cowardly goblin. As much as I love using the sub-humans for cannon fodder, I think they'd just get in the way."

    His raven continues:

    "Besides: we don't *have* to fight the Giant. Perhaps the Goblin could help us talk to him?"

    Hushing his bird, the wizard adds grimly.

    "It might be best to take the Giant alive, this time. He's no good to me dead, and I doubt anyone here either has the power or the willingness to use necromancy to speak to him once he falls."
    "If I've learned anything, it's to fear nothing."

    Plays in Noble Trouble

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    GreataxeFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Elemental Plane of Shadow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Noble trouble 2.0

    Zirc turns to Søren to reply.

    "Bah, perhaps you are right. But all stealth and no fight makes for a dull day...besides, what if something happens to our goblin guide while we are in the forest? Perhaps there is something more to this plan of 'taking him alive' that you mentioned, however."

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground
     
    J-H's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Noble trouble 2.0

    "I agree with Soren. We approach across the field, and try talking first. If it's a fight, we'll win."

    Jord will cast Bless when the party is about 3/4 of the way across the field.

    (Bless, +1ab, +1 on saves vs fear for the next 4 minutes)
    Last edited by J-H; 2013-02-16 at 08:56 AM.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jyväskylä, Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Noble trouble 2.0

    Jord:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is going to take approximately 4 minutes to walk there, plus the time you spend here talking, plus the time you might spend talking to the giant. You can can change your post into a promise of providing a blessing and cast it when you are about to arrive at the cave, if you want.
    Avatar by Recaiden

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •