New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Game Planning Help?

Im planning a one-shot at my local store and i cant figure out which system to use. The game will start with the President being kidnapped by Ninjas and a mercenary team akin to the Expendables will be sent after them. I want it to be VERY combat heavy with Machine Guns, Rocket Launchers and the odd Gatling gun.

The main points of the story will be gunning down countless Ninjas, Finding out that the Ninjas are working for the Korean Army, Gunning down Countless Korean Soldiers and the Fighting on the outside of Nuclear Missiles heading for the states. The only problems are. 1, Ninjas and Koreans aren't enough of a challenge and i need a third group to gun down. 2, I cant figure out which system to use as it needs to be simple and centered towards Gunplay and the kind of nonsensical Hollywood stuff that only the 80's can bring to the table.
    Any help Would be appreciated.

ps. The third enemy can be ANYTHING short of fantasy.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Game Planning Help?

I can't vouch for it personally, but Feng Shui sounds like the game you want.

Barring that,Wushu could also work. In fact, it should be easier to teach. Are any or all of the players familiar with RPGs?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

I'm gonna be honest. You might want to re-think the framework a little bit. It's giving off that same sort of racist vibe you get off things like CoD games.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grinner View Post
    I can't vouch for it personally, but Feng Shui sounds like the game you want.

Barring that,Wushu could also work. In fact, it should be easier to teach. Are any or all of the players familiar with RPGs?
    Yes they all do but new people could come.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blarmb View Post
    I'm gonna be honest. You might want to re-think the framework a little bit. It's giving off that same sort of racist vibe you get off things like CoD games.
    Believe me NOBODY at the store will be offended. And its all in good fun anyway.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blarmb View Post
    It's an old-school video game reference.
    Thanks to Lindorm for the Ziltoid avatar.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Unless you make the Koreans pirates and the third group robots. I see this being a total bust.