New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Random Memory Generator

One of the Key elements of a campaign I am running is that the PC's have no idea of their individual backgrounds, no idea who they are outside of Race, Class, and the opening.

However, as I am still creating the campaign itself, I was curious if anyone had some ideas for some random backgrounds I can throw together into a table they can roll on for when their characters recall elements of their past. Of course, anyone else is welcome to steal this idea :P

They can be anything from a prized possession they had, an occupation, family, or horrible or amazing events from their past. Be as creative or over the top as you please, as I'll find a way to work in most anything.

Keep it possible for a Dungeons and Dragons Setting with your basic Sword and Sorcery technology, Keep Royalty BELLOW King/Queen status, not making them gods or children of god, etc. Nothing too Overpowered :P

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Random Memory Generator

Quote Originally Posted by CypherK View Post
    One of the Key elements of a campaign I am running is that the PC's have no idea of their individual backgrounds, no idea who they are outside of Race, Class, and the opening.

However, as I am still creating the campaign itself, I was curious if anyone had some ideas for some random backgrounds I can throw together into a table they can roll on for when their characters recall elements of their past. Of course, anyone else is welcome to steal this idea :P

They can be anything from a prized possession they had, an occupation, family, or horrible or amazing events from their past. Be as creative or over the top as you please, as I'll find a way to work in most anything.

Keep it possible for a Dungeons and Dragons Setting with your basic Sword and Sorcery technology, Keep Royalty BELLOW King/Queen status, not making them gods or children of god, etc. Nothing too Overpowered :P
    Central Casting : Heroes of Legend, Heroes Now and Heroes of the Future
    provide colourful background though you'll need to edit the results to depower some of the outcomes ;-)
    Michael Lush
    NPC rights activist | Nameless Abominations are people too