Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Broken Lands DM notes and review
- Join Date
- May 2010
- ganiseville GA
Broken Lands DM notes and review
I wanted to make a thread so I can keep notes and so people in the good hombrew thread can read what I am doing and comment if they please.
One of the points of the plot of the game I am running is twelve truths that are split into the four elements. Each character has a connection to an element and will be granted additional class features based on the element as they collect the truths.
The character who is an avatar // Machiavellian will gain new archtypes based on the three phases of water: ice, liquid, and mist. Also he will gain new uses for his silver tongue to effect water/water creatures.
The Machiavellian Class
The first truth of water - Everything changes
The first Avatar of water-
Water flows from one shape to another, changing and altering itself to fit any situation. Those who adopt the archtype of liquid develop the mentality of mutability.
Favored Skills: Listen, Spot, Martial Lore
Least Aspect: Gain the ability to change shape as a changeling. You gain the shape changer subtype while using this archtype.
Minor Aspect: Gain the ability to grow a single natural weapon of any type that deals the standard damage for a creature of the characters size, and can change the weapon anytime the character uses his or her shapechange ability.
Major Aspect: Gain regeneration 1/fire, immunity to critical hits.
1. Thicken Skin A: Gain +1 enhancement bonus to your AC for 10 min./level.
2. Animal Affinity A: Gain +4 enhancement to one ability.
3. Body Adjustment A: You heal 1d12 damage.
4. Metamorphosis: Assume shape of creature or object.
5. Psychofeedback: Boost Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution at the expense of one or more other scores.
6. Restoration, Psionic: Restores level and ability score drains.
7. Fission: You briefly duplicate yourself.
8. Fusion X: You combine your abilities and form with another.
9. Metamorphosis, Greater X: Assume shape of any nonunique creature or object each round.
Also in the group is a warmage // healer who I have a special plan for.
The first truth of Fire - Life burns brightly
The character can now cause any positive energy spell that effects undead with damage (cure spells and such) into a fire spell. The spell has an effect on all targets dealing fire damage with any applicable save.
The Second truth of Fire - Fire is Life
The character can convert any spell that deals fire damage into a healing spell that cures with positive energy. The spell effects all targets it would normally effect, but heals the amount damage the spell would normally deal.
Still working on the third truth. I considered allowing the character to split the effect of his fire spells so they damage foes and heal allies, but that seemed to powerful. Suggestions will be helpful.
More later. Comment if you wish.