New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Mythweavers safe to create account?

Just wondering, I don't really trust it that much but everyone uses it here, so would you reccomend it?
    Spoiler
    Show

Used to be dumb. Now I'm not. Rock on, everyone!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Mythweavers safe to create account?

Quote Originally Posted by Christ0ph3r4 View Post
    everyone uses it here
    Didn't you kind of answer your own question?

Otherwise, I've never had any issues with it that I can think of. It's not exactly like they ask for a credit card...or really any other sensitive information.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

I don't see the logic behind being suspicious of creating an account on Mythweavers but having no problems having one here. Both sites are equally suspicious (which is to say, not at all).

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

I've stored all of my PCs and NPCs on Myth-Weavers for the last 6 years. My only trouble with them ever was when I was trying to access character sheets during a scheduled maintenance time that they had announced well ahead of time. They're a very dependable, user-friendly site.

My only gripe is that I wish I had better control of how the character sheets printed out.
    Homebrew World: Daera - high fantasy setting on a world without humans
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    If the world was a Hollywood movie, Overdrive would be the protagonist.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

As safe and beneficial as any other rpg board. Go for it.
    Matters of Critical Insignificance - My Blog for all my favorite entertainment
    11/4: Announcing the Vow of Honor KS! (I contributed)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

What do you mean by "safe" ? Safe in the sense of "could the site go down permanently suddenly and without warning, taking my characters with it" ? Yes, conceivably. That's true of all digital storage, though, and the reason you keep backups.

They can't really be unsafe in any other meaningful way, since they don't take personal information from you...

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Actually, they collect your IP address and wire it along with your character sheets directly to the Illuminati military intelligence research facility at Groom Lake, Nevada, popularly known as Area 51. From there, it is transmitted to the mothership via microwave laser.

After being stored on the mothership's databanks, a reasoning machine, similar to Watson but designed by the Fraals seventy-eight years ago, carefully deduces your exact geographic coordinates and builds psychological and neurological profiles of you based upon the aggregate data presented by your character sheets. After confirming your identity via magnetographic satellite, they then plug this profile into a running simulation of Earth, learning what path your life will take. From this information, they identify key individuals in mankind's future and then subtly alter their decision-making process using small metal implants.

And then They film the results using tiny, invisible drones. All of this in the name of reality television.
    Last edited by Grinner; 2013-02-22 at 12:56 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grinner View Post
    Actually, they collect your IP address and wire it along with your character sheets directly to the Illuminati military intelligence research facility at Groom Lake, Nevada, popularly known as Area 51. From there, it is transmitted to the mothership via microwave laser.

After being stored on the mothership's databanks, a reasoning machine, similar to Watson but designed by the Fraals seventy-eight years ago, carefully deduces your exact geographic coordinates and builds psychological and neurological profiles of you based upon the aggregate data presented by your character sheets. After confirming your identity via magnetographic satellite, they then plug this profile into a running simulation of Earth, learning what path your life will take. From this information, they identify key individuals in mankind's future and then subtly alter their decision-making process using small metal implants.

And then They film the results using tiny, invisible drones. All of this in the name of reality television.
    Don't tell them our secrets...

Seriously, though, I don't think there are any safety issues with Mythweavers. What made you think it was unsafe?
    A few odds and ends.