Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Taking Back Dra-Duum [D&D 3.5 Gesalt] [IC]

Tome takes Sabina's hand in its own, matching her strength carefully so as not to crush her hand.

"If I were not, t'would be improper for me to suggest myself as a compatriot, no?"

Tome pulls up a sturdy chair and sits.

"I am skilled in a number of esoteric arts and sciences. One such art translates to "The Art of Strikes" in this tongue. I know many others though. Dra-Duum was a highly cultured place. I would see my home restored."
    Last edited by Techwarrior; 2013-02-27 at 01:40 AM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Rhalic's eyes turn firece, "so it is you!"

"Last time I met you I was impressed, inspired even, a defender of the city you called yourself then? How has it come to pass then, that my home is fallen and yet you still stand?"

Barely pausing for breath, not giving Tome a chance to respond, "I'm sure you don't recall me, I was but a child then, but your dedication inspired me to become the Gnome I am today and now I find that you Fled Dra-Duum rather than stand and defend it as you claimed was your charge!"

"Well, machine, Why should you be allowed a part of the cleansing of Dra Duum, you who fled it without a backward glance? No, I shall not hear..."
    Last edited by only1doug; 2013-02-27 at 11:08 AM.
    Doug

Currently GMing :
    Moonshae Mysteries IC / OOC / Central Map / west rooms map / east rooms map
    Moonshae Tales IC / OOC / Map
    Map of Area

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Several of the nearby dwarves look over at the commotion and one of them strides over and interrupts Rhalic while he is mid speech, "Stay your tougue. You have no idea what you're talking about!"

He waits a second for the angry gnome to cease his ranting, "Lord Tome is a hero. He is the one who secured the evacuation routes, through the sewers and held them enabling at least some to flee."

"The stream of Evacuee's stopped but no Orcs followed, and we all feared that lord Tome was lost. Recently our patrols have become bolder and we investigated the sewers that were the evacuation routes, they were all collapsed but we tunneled back in, ready to bring them back down if needed."

The dwarf pauses and wets his throat from his pint, "Well, I was helping clear the way and I can tell you; We found the reason the Orcs had stopped, a pile of their corpses surrounding a broken warforged, we gathered his parts and me alongside other spellcasters were able to restore Lord Tome to full function."

"And now that you know that Lord Tome is a Hero, I hope you'll moderate your language. And know, that if you disparage him again you'll face my wrath."

"and mine"

"mine too"

a rumble of agreement fills the room as nigh on every dwarf and gnome there agrees.
    Last edited by only1doug; 2013-03-07 at 10:20 AM.
    Doug

Currently GMing :
    Map of Area

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Rhalic's jaw drops and he listens in stunned silence to the tales of Tomes heroism.

"I'm sorry Lord Tome, I beg your pardon for my arrogant assumptions, please forgive me."
    Rhalic seems relieved to be proven wrong, pleased perhaps that his childhood influence is proven to be a hero and not the coward he had feared him to be.
    Last edited by only1doug; 2013-02-27 at 11:08 AM.
    Doug

Currently GMing :
    Map of Area

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

The warforged raises its hands in the dwarven gesture for peace, and rumbles to grab their attention.

"Peace, friends. The man was unenlightened, as was I and each of you for a time. I am comfortable in the notion that each of you had your moment where you doubted my steadfastness. This man has has his, and passed it. Let us welcome him kindly, and forgive him his minor transgression."

As the crowd goes back to their drinks, Tome turns to Rhalic eyes dark.

"Rhalic, you say? Ah, I remember you now. I found you nipping around in the ventilation ducts. You know, I never did tell your mother you were playing in the ducts. I still don't know how she discovered your hobby. Did she send you away? I always wondered why I quit finding you playing in the city. As before, I'd really prefer you not refer to me as Lord, particularly of the City fallen. I never liked that particular appellation."
    Last edited by Techwarrior; 2013-02-27 at 08:03 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

a palpatable look of relief crosses Rhalics face, "Well Lo... Tome, I was grounded for a month or two, then I had a lot of studies to catch up on and then, well as you can guess a growing boy's attention turns to other matters..."

Rhalic reddens slightly, "not that my mother was any better pleased with that sort of trouble I can assure you, well with one thing and another I was never able to continue my explorations of the cities substructure."

Rhalic takes another refreshing draught of the fine beer, "Then I was fully grown and able to do as I pleased, well adventure and exploration were on my mind and not of old Dra-Duum, the world was my Shellfish and I set out to explore it, righting wrongs as I went."

Rhalics face falls, losing its cheerful expression, "Then news reached me of the fall of Dra-Duum and returned immediately, I arrived back only yesterday. Many of my childhood friends are among those assumed dead, I can only be grateful that my parents had already left Dra Duum before the invasion ocurred."
    Last edited by only1doug; 2013-02-27 at 11:07 AM.
    Doug

Currently GMing :
    Map of Area

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

During the excitement, Sabina had calmly placed her hand on her sword's hilt, unsure of whether the conflict would sort itself out or if she might have to pacify the situation. She really didn't want to pacify the situation.

When the potential powder keg was disarmed, she returned to her drink in relief. The last thing she wanted was to turn her abilities against anybody simply out of misunderstanding.

What about you, big guy? she asks the large scaly dwarflike creature. Did you come looking for revenge, too? You don't get that size without crushing a lot of skulls.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

"Rhalic, and forgive me if I do speak in error, should you not be concerned with the danger inherent in this task? Are you sure you comprehend the full merit of these orcs? I speak out of the experience of one who has felt their steel pierce mine. Should you not at least discuss this idea with your mother? You say she is still on the mortal coil. I would contact her for you, if you cannot yourself. Does she even know that you yet live?"

Tome's speech pattern becomes slightly faster. Though his words are worried, his voice is still passionless.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Rhalic smiles in genuine amusement, "Tome, for these past 10 years I have been an explorer and adventurer. I have fought Orcs and Goblins, Giants and Trolls, Dragonkin and Aberrations. My mother resigned herself long ago to the high likelyhood of my death in battle."

Rhalic sips his drink, "My mother.... Does not support my choice of lifestyle and does not wish to hear from me, well, "until you have given up all this foolishness" were her words..."

"Give up adventurin"
    , Rhalic laughs gently, "perhaps I'll consider it when time takes it toll on me, but for now I'd sooner give up breathing... Um, no offense intended there, sorry"
    Last edited by only1doug; 2013-03-02 at 04:18 AM.
    Doug

Currently GMing :
    Map of Area

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

"Aye! 'Been cracking the skulls of elven bastards and worse down in the tunnels since before you were born!" He regards the pointed ears and angled features of the woman adressing him. "Not your kind of elf, of course! Them dark ones, with the white hair. Sodding nusiances, they are." He nods to himself, and drains his mug in one long drink, before he leans in over the table. His breath smells strongly of ale and liquor. "I came here to find people who'd help me liberate The Citadel again. Never thought I'd see it fall to orcs, of all things!"
    Last edited by TwelvePointFive; 2013-02-28 at 10:30 AM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabina smiles broadly at the scaly dwarf and raises her mug to him in salute before taking a drink. Don't worry, no offense taken. The drow are scarcely worthy of being called elvenkind, she says, her mannerisms markedly more loose than before. Probably contact buzz more than anything else, having had little actual alcohol, but she seems much more at ease anyway. But I'm here mostly for the same reason, as is Tome here, and it sounds like Rhalic's in for some action too, yeah Rhalic? she continues, indicating her newfound friends in turn.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Rhalic looks up at the elf towering above him, "indeed, my purpose here is to reclaim Dra-Duum from its current infestation and i'll certainly welcome skilled assistance in that endevour."

"I make that five of us then,"
    Rhalic nods at his fellow gnome, "Bella here has also expressed interest in retaking Dra-Duum"
    Doug

Currently GMing :
    Map of Area

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

After finishing her beer Bella looks around, it seems that the warforged and the stony-dracony-dwarfy-dwarf has joined them. Company is fun. And she might be slightly tipsy.

Bella looks at them and tries to catch up with the conversation.

"I'm not only interested in claiming back Dra-Duum. Retaking the city would be nice, but I am more interested in paying a debt to some orcs."

Her beer finished she can not take another drink.

"The guild of Roads and Paths pays its debts with interest."

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

The dwarf from earlier returns to the table.

Another round for the retakers of Dra-Duum?
    He chuckles haughtily, as though you were a group of adolescents
    discussing the slaying of dragons.
    The last Madman, the cities defender, the adopted daughter of Bugman, Young Rhalic the trouble maker... and an elf...

He laughs some more
    This one is on the Dragon, hes been trying to get a group of fools to attempt retaking Dra-Duum since we got here!

It begins to dawn on the group just how crazy the idea is:
    yet looking around at everyone at the table they feel their spirits
    raise.
    Each of them now seem to be assessing each other: everyone seems
    capable, they all have conviction in their eyes...

Perhaps they should pay their host a visit.
    Last edited by Psymple; 2013-03-02 at 11:24 AM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, if he's been looking for fools maybe I should just be off without his blessing, Sabina says, amused at the unusual prospect of somebody not taking her seriously. Hell, I'm the gray elf, I thought I was supposed to be the conceited bitch! Tell this dragon I want to have a word with him, 'cause you give me a month, tops, and that keep is as good as ours!

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

The dwarf stops grinning.

In broken elvish he says
    Pardon me, I meant no offence

He smiles and returns to dwarvern
    Think carefully before you act friends, our Draconic Host has tried countless times to get me to charge those cursed halls.

Turning he grabs your empties and walks across to the bar to refill them.

*He is still in earshot for any more questions and seems to be keeping his eye on your table more than on what he is doing*

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Tome thinks on the titles given to each of them. It wasn't hard to decide to whom each belonged, though Tome felt that the barman would have been more respectful towards the group gathered at the table.

"Sir, with all due respect. How would one acquire this Dragon's blessing. Any aid we can acquire in this endeavor would be greatly appreciated. We see not your run-of-the-mill adventurers, I mean fools; we do not undertake this task lightly.

Tome reflects on what its programming tells it about this dragon. In Dra-Duum, there must have been something on it. Dragons are rare, magical, mysterious, and often arcane creatures with great impact on an area's history.
    Knowledge (Arcana) (1d20+19)[27]
    Knowledge (History) (1d20+15)[30]
    Knowledge (Local) (1d20+15)[30]

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Rhalic glances around the table at the resolved expressions on the faces of his fellow 'fools', "you may tell the dragon that you have found a team of volunteers to attempt the retaking of Dra-Duum."

"Perhaps he can offer us some advice before we begin our reclaimation efforts?"
    Doug

Currently GMing :
    Map of Area

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

Tome:
    **Depending on how long some of you have been in Doll Quellar you may know some of this as well**
    Spoiler
    Show

Tome himself has met the dragon on a few occasions being knowledgeable about many things, especially Dra-Duum, Mirror Altiuiri asked for his company during his stay in Doll Quellar.

Personal:
    In his opinion Mirror Altiuiri's is modest, atleast for a Dragon, and despite seeing himself as more important than those he protects he still holds an amount of respect for the younger races that most dragons would not.

Local/history:
    It is well known that if not for Mirror Altiuiri the surrounding area would have fallen to the Orcs and that the Gnome, Dwarf and Halfling races would be almost if not entirely extinct.

It is well known he lives in the larger and vaster caverns of his lair whilst Doll Quellar is only a small corner of it.

History:
    You know that Mirror Altiuiri was very inactive in the local area during that last few centuries and was either hibernating or overseas until the last few decades.

Arcane/more personal:
    Tome knows that for a Dragon of his age he seems to have a rudimentary grasp on magic except in the arts of divination and he himself is a devout and fervent follower of Bahamut.

The dwarf shrugs his wide shoulders as he places the tankards of Bugman's back down on the table.
    Who you think I am, his secretary?
    He scratches his head
    He hasn't been very social this year, I refused to go with the last raiding party... they all got slaughtered.

The dwarf shakes his head slowly and runs his hands through his beard.
    If you have your heart set on it, go see him...
    Just be careful.

**This dwarf seems very familiar to all of you who lived in Dra-Duum but none of you can quite place who he is he does, however, seem to be a very capable fighter but it is obvious he has not seen any action in a few years**
    Last edited by Psymple; 2013-03-03 at 11:48 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

Free beer, good beer, tasty beer.

Bella drinks the new beer happily. After finishing it she looks around.

"I'm no fool. I like beer though. Beer is tasty. Let's see the Dragon. Does the dragon have wings? I like wings."

She gets up and starts to make sure that all her equipment is in person patting the pockets and checking the compartments.

"Oh!... I mean chicken wings. Never tried dragon wings, probably not a good idea to start now."

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

"Made me travel nearly a thousand miles just to get to my farther, that one did! Just because he thought I wasn't worthy of..." Hragol scratches his scaly chin. "What's-his-name... Bahamut!" He exclaims. He then proceeds to mumble something about overgrown, condescending lizards and dolls.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Wrenched back to sobriety by the dwarf's attempt at elven in his apology (a benefit of elation brought on by environment rather than induced by chemical), Sabina considers his words. Taking her pack and axe as she stands, she says with conviction in her voice You may believe it to be a fool's errand, but I do not. It is my duty to rescue my father, to restore the honor of the elven people, and to end the reign of the orcish hosts in civilized lands. I am not some simple gloryhound and these are not responsibilities that I take lightly. Now if you will excuse me, I am off to consult with this dragon regarding the retaking of your home.

With that, she walks out the door with a stately stride to meet with the dragon.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Without any hesitation Rhalic follows his new elven friend.
    Doug

Currently GMing :
    Map of Area

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Tome holds up a hand when Sabina stands to leave.

"Hold compatriots. Rash action and hasty words are improper when consulting with a Dragon. Even Mirror Altiuiri has his draconic pride. If we are to meet with him, as I have several times in the past, we should present ourselves properly. We need to apply for the proper appointment, and we must act respectfully. Dragons are easy to offend, and make powerful enemies. His wrath is not one we should invoke."

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

"Yes, let's go lick some scaly tail." Hragol stands up, hafts his battleaxe over his left shoulder, and stomps off, appearing disgruntled.
    Last edited by TwelvePointFive; 2013-03-04 at 12:02 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

The group find themselves stood outside the Boar & Battle-axe
    Sabina, Rhalic, Bella and Hragol having stood and left together and Tome following them.

As the group stand outside the Bar they find themselves in the large plaza:
    upwards a very wide earth tunnel leads to the surface, down it leads deeper into the earth. Stretching off in all directions are tunnels for accommodation and storage.

It is outside the door Tome, having caught up with the group, makes his objections to simply barging in on the Dragon unannounced.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabina stops at Tome's words, though it is obvious that it takes a supreme act of will to do so; every muscle in her body tenses as she turns back to Tome and speaks. Fine. It galls me to the core, but I'll play Pretty Princess Mirror's game. They won't destroy your precious city, so we can take as long as we want. Fine. Whatever. If that's all you care about then so be it. Just remember that every day wasted is a day cretinous orcs might be consuming my father in his entirety to create some vile magical trinket, and if Mirror's corpulent ego so irrevocably destroys my father, the dragon's head will be next for my trophy wall. She offers a heavy sigh, and politely motions for Tome, having made her point. Lead on.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

Tome's idea sounds wise. Maybe they can offer some beer to the Dragon. Everything is better with beer....

Bella looks at the warforged with earnest interest.

-I'm Bella Bugman. Nice to meet you. My experience with dragons is rather limited, my father brews a beer called Dragon's Breath but even if it is really spicy I fear that it is not the same. What do you propose?

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

"so... how do you make an appointment to speak to the dragon without speaking to the dragon...?"

Rhalic looks to Tome, "does he have a social secretary?"
    Doug

Currently GMing :
    Map of Area

30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

As you all stand outside the Boar & Battle-axe a few patrons bustle in and out of the door, some mumbling comments as to why such a strange group are stood in the way but none are particularly aggressive mostly just confused.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah I posted in the wrong thread, meant to post in the OOC soooo this is just a fluff place holder for my mistake! :D
    Last edited by Psymple; 2013-03-06 at 05:09 AM.