A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 74
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Behind you. RIGHT NOW.
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Among Who? Among Us! (Mafia)

    Spoiler: Recruitment information
    Show
    AMONG WHO? AMONG US!

    Spoiler: General Rules
    Show
    Basic Gameplay:

    The game is played in turns that consist of two different phases.

    The first phase is the roam phase, wherein the crew is free to roam about the cabin and keep the ship moving. This phase typically lasts 24 hours. During this time, you report your general course of action to the narrator over PM. The standard actions available to each player during this time are:
    Perform Tasks Quickly
    Perform Tasks Watchfully
    Follow <player>
, Watch <room>
    Watch <system>, such as vitals or cameras.
    Repair Sabotage
    The roaming system will be explained in greater detail below.

    The next phase is a meeting phase that occurs whenever a meeting is called, either because someone has pressed the button or reported a dead body. This period typically lasts 48 hours. During this time all the players try to decide who the bad guys are by voting for them. Votes are done in red text. You may change your vote if you wish, in which case, you should edit your previous post and strike-through your previous vote. Once the Meeting has ended, whoever has the most votes is removed from the game (Spaced). In the event of a tie, common practice is to space whichever player reached that number of votes first. If you want to vote for nobody, please state in red text: Skip Vote.
    NOTE: If a body has been found, the person who reported the body is announced at the start of the meeting phase.

    After time's up, the narrator will post the opening of the following Roam Phase and it starts all over again.
    This continues until either A) all of the Imposters are destroyed by the Crew -or- B) the Impostors reduce the total number of Crew players to equal their own.

    Roaming Rules:
Rather than specific night actions, each Crew player will begin with a list of tasks to accomplish. If every playerís task is completed, Crew wins the game. The number of tasks depends on the number of people who play the game.
    But this is an open space ship, and not everyone must spend all of their time performing tasks.
    During the roaming phase, each player has about a 5% chance to notice something suspicious in their area and a 1% chance to catch a killer red-handed. But the suspicious activity will not necessarily be that of an impostor. There are ways to improve that, however.
    Reporting Bodies is something Imposters can choose whether they wish to do during the Roaming Phase, and something that Crew are assumed to do as soon as they locate a body.
    The actions the Crew can take are:
    Perform Tasks Quickly
    This is for those trying to blitz a task victory. This guarantees at least one task completed, unless the Imposters take the Kill Quickly action (in which case it is a coin flip). If a body is slow to be found, itís possible you can even complete two tasks. Your chance of noticing something suspicious and catching a killer are cut in half, however.

    Perform Tasks Watchfully
    Considered the ďstandardĒ action, you get a general description of who you saw while you went to and completed your task. Task, singular. This allows for the standard chance of noting suspicious activity.

    While performing tasks, your chances to be seen as suspicious are cut in half.

    Follow <player>
    You follow a fellow player around the Skeld. If you select an Impostor, you increase your chances of seeing something suspicious or catching them in the act by 70%, though if they are playing carefully they will not kill while you follow them. If this player is killed, you get the same bonus to seeing suspicious activity or the kill by the same amount. You can perform tasks you happen to pass by while following <player> if you wish, but it is likely to be interrupted and you have a 50% chance of losing your target.

    When following a player, your chances to be seen as suspicious are doubled.
    
Watch <room>
    You carefully guard a room in the Skeld, increasing your chances to spot suspicious activity or catch a killer red-handed by 70% in that room. You cannot perform tasks while watching <room>.

    Watch <system>, such as vitals or cameras.
    Admin has a table monitoring the vitals in the suits. You will see someone flatline when they die, but not know where they are.
    Security has cameras watching various points in the ship. Watching the security cameras increases your chances of spotting suspicious activity, or catching a killer red-handed, by 30%. However, you are blind to your own personal surroundings and cannot complete tasks.

    Repair Sabotage
    You dedicate yourself to repairing sabotage wherever it may be. You donít know where youíll end up, but will automatically be one of the persons needed to perform repairs of a sabotage. A player who happens to be performing tasks in the room where a sabotage can be repaired is assumed to take a break to fix the sabotage.

    Spoiler: Sabotaging Rules (NEW!)
    Show

    Meetings cannot be called until sabotages are fixed.

    If O2 isn't fixed (requires 2 players, one in O2 and one in Admin, to attend to it), everyone dies and the imposters win.
    If the reactor isn't fixed (requires 2 players in Reactor to attend to it), everyone dies and the imposters win.
    IF A BODY IS FOUND, O2 and Reactor are fixed automatically with SPACE MAGIC
    Comms being shut down makes watching <system>, such as vitals or cameras, useless. Fixing them requires one player to attend to comms in Communication.
    Lights being shut down cuts chances to spot suspicious activity or catch a killer red-handed in half all throughout the ship. Fixing them requires one player to attend to lights in Electrical.


    Impostor-exclusive actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    All of the above tasks can be performed by Impostors, with the exception of the two Perform Tasks option. In addition, Impostors gain additional actions, which are listed below.
    Fake Tasks:
    You appear to perform tasks, cutting your chances to be seen as suspicious in half.
    Kill Quickly:
    The Impostors are in full hunt mode, killing people practically as soon as they see them. This increases the rate of kills, and if the Impostors do not self-report there is a chance each of the Impostors can get one kill. This is the only method by which more than one person can die in one roaming phase. Chances of being spotted while performing suspicious behavior or killing skyrockets up by 50%.
    Kill Carefully:
    Your team will get only one kill, and will not be able to interrupt any tasks. Players you encounter do not get any additional bonuses to spot you, AND
    Kill <Player>: This choice allows you to seek out a particular player, wait for a chance to strike, and take them out. Similar to the follow action available to crew, this action doubles your chances of being seen as suspicious.
    Kill <Room>: You wait in a particular room for an opportunity to kill. Certain rooms, like electrical, are both isolated and have enough tasks within that you could theoretically have good reason for being there, while security allows you to kill someone watching the cameras.
    Sabotage: Hack into the ship to turn off some systems. Uniquely, this action can be performed by dead Impostors. Can be done while faking tasks.

    *Multiple impostors may select a kill action, but if this occurs whichever of these impostors gets the first opportunity to kill will take the chance, and the other impostors will not perform a kill.
    All impostors must take the kill quickly action for it to take effect.


    Visual tasks:
    Unlike Among Us the mobile game, there is exactly one visual task that can prove that a crew member is human: the med scan. It turns out, aliens actually can vent out garbage, shoot asteroids, and turn on shields. Who knew. They cannot, at this point, fool our medical scanners, but our protocols are currently set up to do random check-ups of select crew members rather than scan for imposters. While reprograming them is possible, it would take weeks and we would certainly all be dead by then.



    Welcome aboard the Skeld!
    Spoiler: Map
    Show


    Spoiler: Player Count: 10
    Show
    gac3
    AvatarVecna
    BookWombat
    Snowblaze
    Supagoof
    CaoimhinTheCape
    Murska
    Elenna
    DasIrrlicht
    Flat_Footed

    Sorry, no cool charts this time. Everyone can only be one of two things, didn't seem worth it.


    You awaken from cryo-sleep in deep space. You were woken up earlier than you were meant to.
    No worries, your tablet just indicates a bit of routine maintenance that needs to be done.

    You slide out of your pod only to realize... EVERYONE is up. For the ship to wake EVERYONE up to perform maintenance, something must be horribly, terribly wrong.
    Maybe nothing sinister, but no one would blame you for taking precautions.


    Begin Turn One: Roaming Phase

    You are free to roam about the cabin and submit your roaming actions as soon as you have your role sent to you.
    Which are being sent now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2022-04-06 at 07:46 AM.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Xihirli, bastion of murder and betrayal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Nobody else is gonna be right behind me, right now. Only Xihirli.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    If Xi and I agree some more, I will start to doubt my own alignment!
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Supagoof's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Da Goof (x3)..Is On Fire!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Roleplaying

    *scrub*
    - - - Updated - - -

    Xihirli - FYI - the map of the ship isn't showing up in the post.

    -Ah, yep - problem is on my side.
    Last edited by Supagoof; 2022-04-05 at 01:31 PM.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Behind you. RIGHT NOW.
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Among Who? Among Us! (Mafia)

    I will ask players not to talk during the roaming phase please.

    EDIT: Opening the thread incognito showed that I can see it fine. I think the issue may be on your end.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2022-04-05 at 11:44 AM.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Xihirli, bastion of murder and betrayal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Nobody else is gonna be right behind me, right now. Only Xihirli.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    If Xi and I agree some more, I will start to doubt my own alignment!
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Behind you. RIGHT NOW.
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Among Who? Among Us! (Mafia)

    A quiet time of doing tasks is interrupted when the intercomms announce an emergency meeting at Cafeteria.
    CaoimhinTheCape has reported finding Gac3ís body.

    Spoiler: Image
    Show


    Begin Meeting Phase One
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2022-04-06 at 12:11 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Xihirli, bastion of murder and betrayal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Nobody else is gonna be right behind me, right now. Only Xihirli.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    If Xi and I agree some more, I will start to doubt my own alignment!
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Murska's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Whose eye is that eye?
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Among Who? Among Us! (Mafia)

    Where was the body?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    CaoimhinTheCape's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: Among Who? Among Us! (Mafia)

    Body was found outside of reactor, cut in half.

    So, I started with electrical. Lights went out and apparently I was trying to fix it, as was Elenna and gac. It took a while to fix them, but all three of us left. I was around storage and admin, then went over toward security (not sure if I went along the top or bottom of the ship, or if it matters) and that's when I found the body.



    I didn't see who did it, and I can't account for Elenna or gac after this. I was told it took way too long to fix the lights and it felt like we were getting in each other's way. I don't think it's necessarily relevant, there's no "flip switches randomly so crewmates can't turn on lights" action for the Imposters, but since Day 1 voting tends to be random anyway, vote: Elenna to start.
    Avatar by AstralSeal

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Nov 2018

    Default Re: Among Who? Among Us! (Mafia)


    "For all that matters, I was swiping my card before it got dark, and then as it got dark, I stumbled over to Navigation and and checked that the steering is stable and does not just fly us into a star. Anyways, I have not been able to see anything for the most part, and I am not gonna throw Elenna out of the airlock with at least hearing their defence."

    "On a unrelated note, Am i the only one who has a health checkup sheduled?"

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Among Who? Among Us! (Mafia)

    Well. I officially don't get this game's mechanics, having never played Among Us. Claiming what we did sounds sensible, though. I was doing a task in O2. Saw Murska passing, but can't vouch for his movements other that.

    flat_footed, for lack of better ideas.
    Last edited by Snowblaze; 2022-04-07 at 11:14 AM.
    Werewolf games won: 14
    Werewolf games lost: 7
    Games as town: 12
    Games as neutral: 3
    Games as wolf: 6
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 10

    I have no clue what Iím doing, but you still shouldn't trust me.

    "When people say impossible, they usually mean improbable" ~ Nikolai Lantsov
    Extended Signature

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    CaoimhinTheCape's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: Among Who? Among Us! (Mafia)

    Quote Originally Posted by DasIrrlicht View Post
    "For all that matters, I was swiping my card before it got dark, and then as it got dark, I stumbled over to Navigation and and checked that the steering is stable and does not just fly us into a star. Anyways, I have not been able to see anything for the most part, and I am not gonna throw Elenna out of the airlock with at least hearing their defence."

    "On a unrelated note, Am i the only one who has a health checkup sheduled?"
    "I don't have a health checkup. That feels weird, shouldn't we be more worried about..." *looks over at the dead body* "Well. Bigger issues I suppose. It does seem dangerous to go alone. If you'd like I can accompany you for a bit."




    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Well. I officially don't get this game's mechanics, having never played Among Us. Claiming what we did sounds sensible, though. I was doing a task in O2. Saw Murska passing, but can't vouch for his movements other that.

    flat_footed, for lack of better ideas.
    I can't guarantee exactly how the mechanics are translated over, but calling out where people are is helpful. Everyone should keep in mind, though, that imposters can use vents to move from room to room, so it's possible for someone to appear in a room, do the kill, and then disappear without anyone seeing them.

    I'll do my normal vote counts later but since we're 5 posts in and there's only two votes I'm not gonna bother.
    Avatar by AstralSeal

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Ithilien
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Among Who? Among Us! (Mafia)

    I can confirm what Cape said about me, Cape, and gac being in electrical together, where we had some trouble fixing the lights and got in each otherís way. After that, I also had wiring to fix in storage and the cafeteria, so I went to storage with Cape, finished there, headed to the cafeteria, saw gac near the garbage, and then just finished wiring in the cafeteria as the meeting was called.

    My first inclination was to think the difficulty fixing lights was just fluff, since thereís no mechanic in the actual Among Us game for imposters to make it harder to fix sabotage. HoweverÖ

    Anyone more familiar with Among Us than me: where is the garbage? Assuming itís in Admin (since I passed gac there on my way from storage to the cafeteria), it seems strange that gac would be able to get from Admin, to the reactor, get killed, and then have his body be found all in the time it took me to walk to the cafeteria and fix wires (a pretty quick task). Casts some doubt on the truthfulness of Caoimhinís report, IMO.

    Granted, this could just be Xi not keeping track of how long it takes for everyone to walk to each place - although that would be strange given that Xi is clearly putting thought into the exact paths everyone takes around the ship. But between that and the possible sabotage on the lights, itís definitely enough for me to vote CaoimhinTheCape.

    Xihirli, am I allowed to quote the exact wording from my end of roaming phase PM?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Incidentally, Iíve watched videos of Among Us but never played it myself, so Iím familiar with the general mechanics but I donít really know where specific tasks are on the map.
    Last edited by Elenna; 2022-04-06 at 09:44 PM. Reason: added bolding
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Nov 2018

    Default Re: Among Who? Among Us! (Mafia)

    Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    "I don't have a health checkup. That feels weird, shouldn't we be more worried about..." *looks over at the dead body* "Well. Bigger issues I suppose. It does seem dangerous to go alone. If you'd like I can accompany you for a bit."
    "We should, but you heared it: Cut in half! And assuming nobody smuggled a chainsaw on board, I am just gonna assume its some form of monster. Probably crawls around in the vents when nobody is looking. But we would have noticed a struggle, so it probably is some form of Doppelganger. A Fake Amidst Our Crew. So yes, the more people keep a eye on each other, the better... just don't forget the tasks, some of them are pretty important..." Probably should have packed the tinfoil hat. To bad orange forgot it back at Mira.

    "Well, regardless... How did the body end up at reactor? If they did empty the garbage compressor, its the opposite direction from the reactor, least when comming from electrical..."




    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Anyone more familiar with Among Us than me: where is the garbage? Assuming itís in Admin (since I passed gac there on my way from storage to the cafeteria), it seems strange that gac would be able to get from Admin, to the reactor, get killed, and then have his body be found all in the time it took me to walk to the cafeteria and fix wires (a pretty quick task). Casts some doubt on the truthfulness of Caoimhinís report, IMO.
    [/COLOR].
    Garbage is ejected in the lower area of storage, where the warning marks are on the floor.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Murska's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Whose eye is that eye?
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Among Who? Among Us! (Mafia)

    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    My first inclination was to think the difficulty fixing lights was just fluff, since thereís no mechanic in the actual Among Us game for imposters to make it harder to fix sabotage. HoweverÖ

    Anyone more familiar with Among Us than me: where is the garbage? Assuming itís in Admin (since I passed gac there on my way from storage to the cafeteria), it seems strange that gac would be able to get from Admin, to the reactor, get killed, and then have his body be found all in the time it took me to walk to the cafeteria and fix wires (a pretty quick task). Casts some doubt on the truthfulness of Caoimhinís report, IMO.
    Garbage is in Storage. Also, there's definitely a mechanic for imposters to make it harder to fix lights - just flipping the switches randomly while others are trying to fix it. I think 'it took us too long to fix these' might mean, in this game, that at least one of you three was not trying to fix the lights at all, but rather... faking it. Electrical is the easiest place to kill people, after all.

    The problem is, neither Caoihim nor Elenna claim to have seen anyone else between being in Electrical together and the body being found, so either one could have followed gac out and cut them in half. Which one of you two left Electrical first?

    I went to Weapons, caught a glimpse of Book Wombat and AvatarVecna, the lights went off, I walked into O2 to fix some leaves and the lights came back on, saw Snowblaze there, then the body was found.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Supagoof's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Da Goof (x3)..Is On Fire!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Among Who? Among Us! (Mafia)

    @Elenna - you should try playing the game a few times. A typical game of Among Us takes about 3-5 minutes, they move quickly. After about a half hour, it'll orient you quite a bit.

    Dons tinfoil hat for initial thoughts.

    Not being able to see who went where during the roaming phase is going to be a key hinderance while figuring this game out. As will determining if the tasks are the same IE two or three part tasks in the video game - do they work the same here as for being in 2 to 3 rooms while performing the tasks. First inclination is that multi part tasks do indeed provide movement insight during the night, which will help track down imposters.

    The lights out in the video game is meant to distract the crewmates from completing their tasks, usually requiring someone to head to electrical to resolve it, but you can complete them. Unlike a reactor meltdown or 02 sabotage, lights out is to cover an imposters tracks. Sabotage in the video game can be done by imposters anywhere. I'm going to assume the same here.

    @Xihirli - can you confirm that the "Cafeteria" part of the Image of dead Gac picture is or isn't true?

    The fact we have a narrator confirmed Cao found Gac's body makes me think Elenna is lying, because the bodies can't be moved in the game and there is not any tasks in the video game that cross from reactor to cafeteria (unless Xihirli changed things, which is also possible.). Then again, imposters have to be in the same room as the crewmate to kill it, so that doesn't lend much to Cao's discovery of the body. And if the Cafeteria note on the image is an indicator of where the body actually was, then it Cao is lying about where he found it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    @Murska - doesn't garbage removal begin in Cafeteria then end in Storage? It's a two part task if I recall.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Behind you. RIGHT NOW.
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Among Who? Among Us! (Mafia)

    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Xihirli, am I allowed to quote the exact wording from my end of roaming phase PM?
    Please do not!
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Xihirli, bastion of murder and betrayal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Nobody else is gonna be right behind me, right now. Only Xihirli.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    If Xi and I agree some more, I will start to doubt my own alignment!
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Murska's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Whose eye is that eye?
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Among Who? Among Us! (Mafia)

    Ah yeah, it's a two-parter.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Nov 2018

    Default Re: Among Who? Among Us! (Mafia)

    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Dons tinfoil hat for initial thoughts.

    Not being able to see who went where during the roaming phase is going to be a key hinderance while figuring this game out. As will determining if the tasks are the same IE two or three part tasks in the video game - do they work the same here as for being in 2 to 3 rooms while performing the tasks. First inclination is that multi part tasks do indeed provide movement insight during the night, which will help track down imposters.

    The lights out in the video game is meant to distract the crewmates from completing their tasks, usually requiring someone to head to electrical to resolve it, but you can complete them. Unlike a reactor meltdown or 02 sabotage, lights out is to cover an imposters tracks. Sabotage in the video game can be done by imposters anywhere. I'm going to assume the same here.

    @Xihirli - can you confirm that the "Cafeteria" part of the Image of dead Gac picture is or isn't true?

    The fact we have a narrator confirmed Cao found Gac's body makes me think Elenna is lying, because the bodies can't be moved in the game and there is not any tasks in the video game that cross from reactor to cafeteria (unless Xihirli changed things, which is also possible.). Then again, imposters have to be in the same room as the crewmate to kill it, so that doesn't lend much to Cao's discovery of the body. And if the Cafeteria note on the image is an indicator of where the body actually was, then it Cao is lying about where he found it.
    I will throw my coin in that hat for a moment:
    The reporting person is normally shown as well, so the confirmation that Cao reported is not unusual. And that Gac is the body is clear cause they are the only not coming to the meeting that is about a dead body being reported.
    *Where* the body was, we have to rely on the reporter being truthful, which is usually the case, except with self reports and 4d chess.
    The 'Cafeteria' part of the image is likely because that is just a stock 'Dead Body Reported', and has probably no meaning. The being 'called to the Cafeteria' is likely just fluff because thats where meetings just happen.
    All Sabotages are mainly distractions, even if two of them can end with a imposter victory. Oxygen makes people split up, so you can get better odds with not being spotted and maybe getting people twice, Lights are obvious, Reactor hoards all the good crew towards the direction of the engine, making for a good moment to catch stranglers or catch the first person to arrive, And Coms is differing in usefulness, but its again depriving the crew of information.
    I can not say much about the tasks, however, but if someone got wires and engine calibration they would with just this two tasks already have to go to five locations, so I kind of doubt that the multi-tasks really are multi, or they would either offer a lot more information or drag a lot longer then normal tasks...




    "Well, for now I am going to SKIP VOTE, in favour of just not ejecting anybody. I would however like a second volunteer to watch the Medbay with Cao while I do my scan, one can not see much while the beams cover one, and with some bad luck, Cao could be killed while I stand there on the platform. Especially if the Doppelganger Theory is true."

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Behind you. RIGHT NOW.
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Among Who? Among Us! (Mafia)

    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    @Xihirli - can you confirm that the "Cafeteria" part of the Image of dead Gac picture is or isn't true?
    The "body reported" and "meeting" screens will always display Cafeteria because that is where the meetings are.

    The tasks are not 1:1 in this game, not everything will be 100% accurate. Some of the changes are to adapt the game to a PbP medium, some are to keep you all on your toes, and some are because I am imperfect.

    So enjoy sorting that out!
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Xihirli, bastion of murder and betrayal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Nobody else is gonna be right behind me, right now. Only Xihirli.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    If Xi and I agree some more, I will start to doubt my own alignment!
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Nov 2018

    Default Re: Among Who? Among Us! (Mafia)

    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    The "body reported" and "meeting" screens will always display Cafeteria because that is where the meetings are.

    The tasks are not 1:1 in this game, not everything will be 100% accurate. Some of the changes are to adapt the game to a PbP medium, some are to keep you all on your toes, and some are because I am imperfect.

    So enjoy sorting that out!
    Regarding changes: Skip Vote still means 'Lets not kill people based on basically no evidence', right? Or are we forced to have someone die after every meeting?

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Murska's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Whose eye is that eye?
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Among Who? Among Us! (Mafia)

    No evidence? I'd say there's a very high chance that either Elenna or Caoihim killed gac, given what we know. Once we get reports from other players, we'll get even more evidence.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Nov 2018

    Default Re: Among Who? Among Us! (Mafia)

    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    No evidence? I'd say there's a very high chance that either Elenna or Caoihim killed gac, given what we know. Once we get reports from other players, we'll get even more evidence.
    "Lets rephrase that as 'Person against Person' and 'Very Circumstancial'. Of course, I get people not seeing each other, I stumbled around in the dark after getting the card reader done, lets compare some statements..."

    "Cao claims they all where at electrical fixing the sabotage, then checked storage & admin and lastly found Gac after moving back towards security."
    "Elen confirms the first part, and then claims to have gone towards storage and the cafeteria, with Gac also having been there."
    "Gac is dead, of course, so the best we can try is recreate their route. Starting at the end, I am inclined to believe that the body was actually at the security intersection, because who would lie about something that could otherwise possibly be spotted on cameras? Assuming the other two where truthful about their little circle they walked, that leaves a lot unaccounted for."

    "Neither of them was in Security or the Reactorroom at any point. And no matter what way Cao walked, that leaves at least one of the engine rooms unaccounted for as well. This is THREE directions where something could have sit in wait and gone murdering. And if this Doppelganger is smart, and the body was in front of security, I personally think that it USED THE CAMERAS AGAINST US! It likely checked the cameras and killed Gac as they passed the room, just to vanish back inside, maybe hide in the vent... Of course, this is just a Theory, but it is enoth to make me doubt, at least until we know more... When speak the others up about what they did, anyways?"

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Murska's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Whose eye is that eye?
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Among Who? Among Us! (Mafia)

    Quote Originally Posted by DasIrrlicht View Post
    "Lets rephrase that as 'Person against Person' and 'Very Circumstancial'. Of course, I get people not seeing each other, I stumbled around in the dark after getting the card reader done, lets compare some statements..."

    "Cao claims they all where at electrical fixing the sabotage, then checked storage & admin and lastly found Gac after moving back towards security."
    "Elen confirms the first part, and then claims to have gone towards storage and the cafeteria, with Gac also having been there."
    "Gac is dead, of course, so the best we can try is recreate their route. Starting at the end, I am inclined to believe that the body was actually at the security intersection, because who would lie about something that could otherwise possibly be spotted on cameras? Assuming the other two where truthful about their little circle they walked, that leaves a lot unaccounted for."

    "Neither of them was in Security or the Reactorroom at any point. And no matter what way Cao walked, that leaves at least one of the engine rooms unaccounted for as well. This is THREE directions where something could have sit in wait and gone murdering. And if this Doppelganger is smart, and the body was in front of security, I personally think that it USED THE CAMERAS AGAINST US! It likely checked the cameras and killed Gac as they passed the room, just to vanish back inside, maybe hide in the vent... Of course, this is just a Theory, but it is enoth to make me doubt, at least until we know more... When speak the others up about what they did, anyways?"
    But you do recall that someone out of the three of Elenna, Cao and gac was messing with the light switches to prevent them from fixing it quickly?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Nov 2018

    Default Re: Among Who? Among Us! (Mafia)

    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    But you do recall that someone out of the three of Elenna, Cao and gac was messing with the light switches to prevent them from fixing it quickly?
    "They all tried to fix this stuff in the dark, at once. You do not even need someone malicious to have that get chaotic." Orange gestures flipping some switches in the air. "To many people trying at the same time makes one easily mix things up. But it is a point of potential evidence to keep in the back of the head."

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator
     
    flat_footed's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Among Who? Among Us! (Mafia)

    I have no information to give, cause I didn't submit an action before the body was found.

    I have also never played Among Us, so I may or may not have wasted a bunch of time reading up on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    So I'm the Satipo to your Dr. Jones, Jr.?
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone

    Extended Signature

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    CaoimhinTheCape's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: Among Who? Among Us! (Mafia)

    I double checked, Empty Garbage is usually a 2 part task in the video game, but I only needed to do the last step.

    So, while Skipping votes is possibly viable here with Town being able to win on tasks, I'm not sure we should rely on that. Ghosts complete them at a standard rate and I'm really not sure if that will outpace kills. At the very least, I don't want to push for a win on tasks before getting one mafia member.

    Quote Originally Posted by DasIrrlicht View Post
    "Well, for now I am going to SKIP VOTE, in favour of just not ejecting anybody. I would however like a second volunteer to watch the Medbay with Cao while I do my scan, one can not see much while the beams cover one, and with some bad luck, Cao could be killed while I stand there on the platform. Especially if the Doppelganger Theory is true."
    Mechanically speaking, the Medbay scan is one task that can't be faked by imposters - it's essentially an innocent child role if anyone is there to watch. If we want to be safe about verifying DasIrrlict there, we need 5 people total in the room. Any less and the imposters can both go there and get a double kill without any witnesses. So once it comes time to coordinate Night actions, we'll want to organize that.


    As for other evidence, Book and AV being together feels like a good sign for them being the same alignment. I'm definitely not ready to fully clear them, but neither turned up dead and it seems like there was opportunity for either one to kill the other.





    Vote Count:
    Elenna (1): CaoimhinTheCape
    flat_footed (1): snowblaze
    CaoimhinTheCape (1): Elenna
    Skip Vote (1): DasIrrlicht
    No Vote: AvatarVecna, BookWombat, Supagoof, Murska, Flat_Footed
    Avatar by AstralSeal

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Ithilien
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Among Who? Among Us! (Mafia)

    Correction: Xi messaged me to say that she made a mistake in her original PM to me. It was Cao that I saw near the garbage (and Xi confirmed this was in Storage), not gac.

    Given that, I no longer have reason to think Cao was lying about where the body was found. I'm still suspicious that Cao might have been slowing us down when we tried to fix the lights, but I'll cross out my vote for now and wait for others to say what they did during the roaming phase.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Garbage is in Storage. Also, there's definitely a mechanic for imposters to make it harder to fix lights - just flipping the switches randomly while others are trying to fix it. I think 'it took us too long to fix these' might mean, in this game, that at least one of you three was not trying to fix the lights at all, but rather... faking it. Electrical is the easiest place to kill people, after all.

    The problem is, neither Caoihim nor Elenna claim to have seen anyone else between being in Electrical together and the body being found, so either one could have followed gac out and cut them in half. Which one of you two left Electrical first?
    Yeah, didn't see anyone else. Cao and I went to Storage together, gac headed off left to the reactor/security area, and then Cao was standing by the garbage when I went to the cafeteria. I saw nobody on my way to the cafeteria.

    And that's good to know about the lights. I'm definitely down to vote Cao if nothing else comes up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    @Elenna - you should try playing the game a few times. A typical game of Among Us takes about 3-5 minutes, they move quickly. After about a half hour, it'll orient you quite a bit.

    Dons tinfoil hat for initial thoughts.

    Not being able to see who went where during the roaming phase is going to be a key hinderance while figuring this game out. As will determining if the tasks are the same IE two or three part tasks in the video game - do they work the same here as for being in 2 to 3 rooms while performing the tasks. First inclination is that multi part tasks do indeed provide movement insight during the night, which will help track down imposters.
    I'd like to play Among Us but I don't know anyone else who plays it (unless we want to organize something ) and I don't really want to play with random people. (Also I've been super busy lately.)

    My "fix wiring" was a three-part task (with wiring to fix in Electrical, Storage, and the Cafeteria. Not sure how that compares to the actual game.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    CaoimhinTheCape's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: Among Who? Among Us! (Mafia)

    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    I'd like to play Among Us but I don't know anyone else who plays it (unless we want to organize something ) and I don't really want to play with random people. (Also I've been super busy lately.)

    My "fix wiring" was a three-part task (with wiring to fix in Electrical, Storage, and the Cafeteria. Not sure how that compares to the actual game.
    That's something we can maybe organize over discord sometime.

    Wiring is a 3 part task in the video game, and I have 3 part wiring tasks here. It doesn't exactly match where you have to go, but that's not a red flag, there's a bunch of panels that can be part of the task.
    Avatar by AstralSeal

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Among Who? Among Us! (Mafia)

    Right, I'll try and wrap my head around this whole thing. Warning: I may fail horribly. Do correct me if I say something that makes no sense.

    - in general I propose not skipping votes, agreed with Caoimhin that trying solely for a task victory is risky. We can still hunt wolves the normal way. Or try to, anyway.

    - I think five people going to the medbay is kind of excessive. Imposters can only kill twice if they have the kill quickly action and even if they do that when everyone knows who else was there it'll look pretty suspicious.

    - inclined to just call Daslrrlicht town (or crewmate, I guess). People who aren't AV don't tend to fakeclaim innocent child.

    - I can't work out whether the taking a while to fix the lights thing is actually indicative of anything. Could be just fluff, could be sabotage.

    - there's probably a good mechanical plan for coordinating actions, but I am not remotely qualified to find it

    - I don't have any wolfreads. Though that's hardly a surprise this early on day one.
    Werewolf games won: 14
    Werewolf games lost: 7
    Games as town: 12
    Games as neutral: 3
    Games as wolf: 6
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 10

    I have no clue what Iím doing, but you still shouldn't trust me.

    "When people say impossible, they usually mean improbable" ~ Nikolai Lantsov
    Extended Signature

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Nov 2018

    Default Re: Among Who? Among Us! (Mafia)

    Mechanically speaking, I did 2 of my 4 tasks already. I could go to rush again, and as such go blind again, for the next round, get everything done and become free to watch whatever. But since we go for mechanics, if I was killed now, I probably would still have my tasks done faster then gac in death, because of how few there are left. So killing me is already low value. Having me confirmed a crew member is a little bit better but there is something small on the side to notice:

    The odds to notice suspicious activity are terrible. Assuming you are not outright dedicated to watch the room, you probably won't notice anything suspicious at all, ever.
    A body however is found the instant you share a room with it, and we can still see who else is in the room with you, for the most part, it seems.

    So big mechanical clarification I would like from Xi:
    If I scan in medical, someone watches, and a imposter walks in via door or vent and just stabs the guy watching me, would I be guranteed to see it, or at least to see both being in the same room as me and one of them being dead all of a sudden?

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Behind you. RIGHT NOW.
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Among Who? Among Us! (Mafia)

    Quote Originally Posted by DasIrrlicht View Post
    So big mechanical clarification I would like from Xi:
    If I scan in medical, someone watches, and a imposter walks in via door or vent and just stabs the guy watching me, would I be guranteed to see it, or at least to see both being in the same room as me and one of them being dead all of a sudden?
    It seems like it would be really hard to hide that, dice rolls would be heavily in your favor in this situation.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Xihirli, bastion of murder and betrayal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Nobody else is gonna be right behind me, right now. Only Xihirli.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    If Xi and I agree some more, I will start to doubt my own alignment!
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Ithilien
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Among Who? Among Us! (Mafia)

    Xihirli, what did you end up deciding about the actions ghosts can take?

    Asking to try and figure out how fast we could get a task victory. My suspicion is that we canít do it fast enough, though, and Iím inclined to agree that we should find at least one imposter first. Especially because if we agree to try to perform tasks quickly, that lets the imposters know they can kill quickly with less risk.

    - - - Updated - - -

    That being said, in the Among Us games Iíve seen, people generally skip vote for the first couple meetings at least. So maybe thereís something mechanical Iím not thinking of that makes it better to not vote? But I think that might just be because Among Us usually only has two imposters, so the ratio of crew to imposters is lower than the typical Werewolf game. And we canít assume that Xi stuck with only two imposters here.

    Plus, in the typical Among Us game, people often donít have much to go on at first. Here we do have something possibly suspicious (the issues with fixing lights).
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •