New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: OOTS death pool (thread #4)

Bumping this again.
    The Order of the Stick death pool thread -- place your bets! (Yes, it's still ongoing and maintained.)

2. - Top - End - #662

(Bumping this again as usual.)
    The Order of the Stick death pool thread -- place your bets! (Yes, it's still ongoing and maintained.)

3. - Top - End - #663
    Ogre in the Playground

Bumping. We're still interested in these long term bets, only no regular character died recently.

4. - Top - End - #664

And, usual bump.

5. - Top - End - #665
    Ogre in the Playground

Bump. We may have to reactivate soon because “Nothing good happens on a walkway”.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Ogre in the Playground

Another bump. The Order just met the dragon Calder who wants to kill Serini, just in case you're out of ideas about who to bet on.

7. - Top - End - #667
    Ogre in the Playground

Since Bloodfeast is about to be turned back from Baleful Polymorph, I have a rules question. The description of the Baleful Polymorph spell says “If the subject remains in the new form for 24 consecutive hours, it must attempt a Will save. If this save fails, it loses its ability to understand language, as well as all other memories of its previous form, and its Hit Dice and hit points change to match an average creature of its new form.” If Bloodfeast is reverted but it turns out that he failed that will save and forgot all his previous memories, so he no longer remembers serving in the gladiator arena, eating from the all-you-can-eat guard buffet, and stomping on Tarquin's army division, would you count that as a death for the Bloodfeast who was?

8. - Top - End - #668
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    Since Bloodfeast is about to be turned back from Baleful Polymorph, I have a rules question. The description of the Baleful Polymorph spell says “If the subject remains in the new form for 24 consecutive hours, it must attempt a Will save. If this save fails, it loses its ability to understand language, as well as all other memories of its previous form, and its Hit Dice and hit points change to match an average creature of its new form.” If Bloodfeast is reverted but it turns out that he failed that will save and forgot all his previous memories, so he no longer remembers serving in the gladiator arena, eating from the all-you-can-eat guard buffet, and stomping on Tarquin's army division, would you count that as a death for the Bloodfeast who was?
    Probably not, because "These abilities and statistics return to normal if the effect is later ended. "
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

9. - Top - End - #669

Yeah, I don't think I'd count that in this case.

10. - Top - End - #670
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Probably not, because "These abilities and statistics return to normal if the effect is later ended. "
    Wait, that applies to the memories too, not just the hit points and language skills? I see!

11. - Top - End - #671
    Ogre in the Playground

Another bump. We still care about these bets.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Ogre in the Playground

Bump. Still holding for a significant death in comic.