A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/E6] Rizban's E6 Compendium

Haha that's what I meant, Brawler Duelist. It would be a really fun combination to try.
    Spoiler: My Profile
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.
    Currently Running:
    - Tales of Neutral Ground

Winner of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms (Ironfang Republic)

Loser of Total War: The Final Hanrui (Elda Hafnar)

"The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it."

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

I wrote a jester/bard PrC several years ago that never got a single reply from anyone ever. However, I think it might make an interesting Skillful archetype.

Any thoughts, suggestions, or whole cloth archetype rewrites for it would be interesting to see. Post them HERE of course, as that thread is long dead.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, I have a few half baked ideas I am going to put here.

Magic Archetypes:
    Summoner
    -Summons things

Transmutionist
    -Turn your arms into claws! Grow tentacles on your back! Turn your gut into steel! Give yourself dragon eyes, and see in the dark!

Any Archetypes:
    Shapeshifter
    -Shapeshift!

Melder
    -Uses soulmelds

EDIT:

I'll flesh some of these out... I donno when, gonna be busy for a few days.
    Last edited by darklink_shadow; 2013-05-17 at 12:35 AM.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darklink_shadow View Post
    Ok, I have a few half baked ideas I am going to put here.

Magic Archetypes:
    Summoner
    -Summons things
    stack presented one called the Caller already, though I'd really like to see some other takes on the idea. If you pursue this, I would like to see something that approaches it differently than what he has submitted.

Transmutionist
    -Turn your arms into claws! Grow tentacles on your back! Turn your gut into steel! Give yourself dragon eyes, and see in the dark!
    I'm really not a fan of this type of character. While I do like the Evolutionist class by draken, I'm not sure it has a place in this project, at least not in the core portion of it.

Any Archetypes:
    Shapeshifter
    -Shapeshift!
    This is another thing I'm hesitant to include. I removed wild shape from the druid archetype for a reason. I'm not entirely sure that I want to include that kind of a character, at least in the core project.

Melder
    -Uses soulmelds
    As my all time favorite subsystem, I have to encourage this. However, do note that I have already invested a lot of time and thought into an archetype for this myself. I'm always open to getting the thoughts of others though.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #305
    Titan in the Playground

I just started posting up another project unrelated to this one, but I'd appreciate it if anyone interested would pop over and give it a read.

The Kreen of the Desert
    Show

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

Ahh, haha, I am so bad at balancing. I don't want to even try playing with races. Sorry Riz.

Ok, my comment: I like it!
    Last edited by darklink_shadow; 2013-05-17 at 01:35 AM.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

That doesn't preclude commenting.

Seriously though, that project has literally been around for years and been heavily play tested. I'm mostly just posting it to share it with the Playground.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

The Summoner
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's true, I'm weaker than you, but I brought friends.

Prerequisites: ArchetypeName is available to any Magic class.
    Archetype Skills: An ArchetypeName gains Spell as a class skill if he does not already possess it.
    Archetype Proficiencies: An ArchetypeName gains proficiency with nets.

Archetype Features
    Lesser Archetype Power
    • My Friends (Su): The Summoner can cast summon monster 1 at will as a full round action, as normal. She can add one round to it's duration by channeling extra energy as a move action.
    • Share Spells (Ex): You may cast a touch attack spell and have your summoned monster deliver it as part of a normal melee action. You may also cast spells with a range of personal on your summons.
    • Superior Summons (Ex): Your summons cannot be repulsed by protection from evil simply for being summons.

Moderate Archetype Power
    • Friends in Low Places (Su): You can apply the fiendish template to any of your summons.
    • Friends on High (Su): Alternatively, you can apply the celestial template instead.
    • Many Friends (Ex): When you summon a single monster using your at will summoning, you may summon a second of the same exact monster. Doing so is difficult, however, and you must spend a full round action each turn concentrating, or one of them will be dismissed. You may still take 5ft steps. This spell can only be used for up to one minute at a time, and requires 5 minutes before it can be used again.

Greater Archetype Power
    • Rolling with a Tough Crowd(Su): Your ability to summon monsters at will upgrades, now you can cast summon monster 2 at will, this works in every other way as "My Friends"

Capstone: An ArchetypeName adds one additional option to her class' capstone ability.
    • Augur – Vigorous Summons (Ex/Su/Sp): 3 times per encounter or whatever it was, you can use your vigor ability on your summons as a free action.
    • Magus – Tactical Resummoning (Ex/Su/Sp): 3 times per encounter you may use a swift (can I use swift actions in addition to full rounds? If not, a free action once per turn) to move your summons as if they had cast dimension door. Use this to chase down runners, or set up flanks, or ambushes.
    • Spellblade – Eldritch Infused Summons(Ex/Su/Sp): 3 times per encounter, as a non-action, you can have a summon of yours deal your eldritch blast damage on a successful hit. You must declare this before the attack roll is made, and missed attacks still cost uses. Alternatively, they can instead cast any of your spells as one of their attacks, but this still makes your spell reset timer of d4 rounds go off.

Spell List:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't know. For now, "red mage" plus the level appropriate summon spells.

ehhh, or something.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

Rizban: the Farcuer is interesting, but the troubadour covers bonuses to social skills already and uses auras in place of bardic music. Not sure if there is enough left to build an entire archetype from without coming up with significant additions. Might be some things I'll pillage for the comedy role next time I go over the prosopon.

Regarding the hoplite; would it be too much go let the bullrush/overrun ability also deal shield bash damage? Its not full-on dungeon crasher (which would need an archetype of its own), but would be a nice addition.

Ran into a minor rules issue: there is no base damage listed for tower shields and the shield specialization feat doesn't include them.

darklink_shadow: Interesting take. I had considered having a long-term summon in my caller archetype. I like the action cost for sustaining it. Can you sustain more than one instance of SMI at a time with one move? Does the spell still run its normal duration before you need to concentrate?

The fiendish and celestial templates are already built in to SM(X) spells. I presume the moderate abilities are to allow you to summon either, as if you where a neutral summoner?

Many friends is...odd. You lose your whole turn for two SMI monsters? You could just use a normal spell slot and get 1d3(+1 w/ a feat) by casting SMII. You would get this at level 3, so its useful then, but ages poorly until the boost to SMII at level 6. Of course, it doesn't cost a spellslot, so that is a significant advantage.

Capstone are a bit uneven.
    Augur-Free action vigor on summon 3/encounter is pretty strong. Probably be once/encounter and take a standard action. Need to specify how many you can use it on at once and if they are paid for separately (I would assume yes).
    Magus - again, probably 1/encounter. Sweet idea though. Need to specify how many you can use it on at once.
    Spellblade - probably follow the 'for three rounds' pattern established by similar powers.
    Last edited by stack; 2013-05-17 at 07:36 AM.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post

• darklink_shadow: Interesting take. I had considered having a long-term summon in my caller archetype. I like the action cost for sustaining it. Can you sustain more than one instance of SMI at a time with one move? Does the spell still run its normal duration before you need to concentrate?
    • The fiendish and celestial templates are already built in to SM(X) spells. I presume the moderate abilities are to allow you to summon either, as if you where a neutral summoner?
    • Many friends is...odd. You lose your whole turn for two SMI monsters? You could just use a normal spell slot and get 1d3(+1 w/ a feat) by casting SMII. You would get this at level 3, so its useful then, but ages poorly until the boost to SMII at level 6. Of course, it doesn't cost a spellslot, so that is a significant advantage.
    • Capstone are a bit uneven.
    • Augur-Free action vigor on summon 3/encounter is pretty strong. Probably be once/encounter and take a standard action. Need to specify how many you can use it on at once and if they are paid for separately (I would assume yes).
    • Magus - again, probably 1/encounter. Sweet idea though. Need to specify how many you can use it on at once.
    • Spellblade - probably follow the 'for three rounds' pattern established by similar
    powers.
    • No, sustain just one, but the spell runs out as normal. You can just boost it with a move action. I was thinking of giving it a max duration of 1 hour, or something to help prevent a little cheese, or saying you can only give it +1 round once per round.
    • They... are? Ok, Shadow Creature or Draconic templates. I'm just throwing ideas out there, not even smart enough to see things like that...
    • If you feel this is too weak, what boost should it get? My idea was for you to basically lose your actions in order to just sit there and have two beefy guys go do things.
    • I suck at balancing.
    • One at once, yes. Seperate actions to buff more of them. 1/encounter is fine.
    • All of them at once. That's not going to be too many, and it's just teleportation around the battle field. Powerful, yes, but capstones should be strong.
    • Yeah, that. I meant that.
    Last edited by darklink_shadow; 2013-05-17 at 08:12 AM.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground

I decided I would add my thoughts to Hawk7915's spellguard archetype (My changes will be marked in italics).

Spellguard
    Spoiler
    Show
    Most consider Arcane Magic to be a tool for war and destruction. The Spellguard instead focuses their arcane magic towards tactics, utility, and defense, the "Soft" style to contrast a Red Mage's "hard" style of spellcasting.

Prerequisites: Spellguard is available to any Magic class.
    Archetype Skills: A Spellguard gains Knowledge: Arcana as a class skill if he does not already possess it.
    Archetype Proficiencies: A Spellguard gains no additional armor or weapon proficiencies.

Spellguard Features
    Lesser Archetype Power
    • Spellcaster: A Spellguard casts arcane spells focused on protection, support, utility, and battlefield control.
    • Arcane Defense (Su): The Spellguard is a master of magic, and understands how to defend against it. They gain a +1 bonus to saving throws. This bonus increases to +2 at 5th level.
    • Familiar:
    • Unweave: A spellguard learns force concentration, touch of dispelling, and dispel magic as bonus spells at the appropriate levels. If the spellguard prepares spells, she may choose to sacrifice any other spell she has prepared to spontaneously cast forced concentration, touch of dispelling, or dispel magic of the same level as the sacrificed spell. The spellguard knows and can prepare and cast these spells from memory and does not need to copy them into a spellbook if she uses one, and these spells do not count against her number of spells known.

Moderate Archetype Power
    • Expanded Arcana (Ex):
    • Abjurant armor: When casting a spell that grants an armor, shield, or deflection bonus to AC, the Spellguard increases the bonus granted by half his class level (minimum +1).
    • Counterspell master: The spellguard receives a bonus equal to half her level on all checks made to counterspell.

Greater Archetype Power
    • Bonus Feat:
    • Piercing Spells: The spellguard gains an insight bonus equal to half her level on all checks made to penetrate spell resistance.
    • Quick Defense: Once per round, the spellguard may quicken one abjuration of 1st level or lower without increasing spell level or casting time.

Capstone: A Spellguard adds one additional option to her class' capstone ability.
    • Augur – Manipulate Magic (Su): You may apply a metamagic feat of cost 3 or less, even if you don't have the feat, for no mote cost and no increase in casting time.
    • Magus – Arcane Wayfarer (Sp): You may cast Dimension Door, as the spell.
    • Spellblade – Enchant Item (Su): For three rounds, you may add +2 worth of bonuses to a masterwork or enchanted weapon or piece of armor wielded by the Spellblade
    Spellguard Spell List
    Spoiler
    Show

0th-level Spells (Cantrips)
    • Daze
    • Detect Magic
    • Light
    • Mage Hand
    • Mending
    • Read Magic

1st-level Spells
    • Alarm
    • Benign Transposition
    • Comprehend Languages
    • Endure Elements
    • Expeditious Retreat
    • Disguise Self
    • Feather Fall
    • Floating Disc
    • Force Concentration
    • Grease
    • Identify
    • Mage Armor
    • Magic Missile
    • Magic Weapon
    • Protection from Alignment
    • Obscuring Mist
    • Reduce Person
    • Shield
    • Silent Image
    • Sleep

2nd level spells:
    • Alter Self
    • Arcane Step†
    • Baleful Transposition
    • Bear's Endurance
    • Bull's Strength
    • Cat's Grace
    • Daze Monster
    • Detect Thoughts
    • Eagle's Splendor
    • Fox's Cunning
    • Invisibility
    • Knock
    • Minor Image
    • Mirror Image
    • Owl's Wisdom
    • Protection from Arrows
    • Resist Energy
    • Shatter
    • Touch of dispelling

3rd-level Spells:
    • Arcane Sight
    • Clairaudience/Clairvoyance
    • Dispel Magic
    • Displacement
    • Explosive Runes
    • Fly
    • Haste
    • Hold Person
    • Major Image
    • Protection from Energy
    • Sleet Storm
    • Slow
    • Water Breathing

Force Concentration
    Spoiler
    Show
    Abjuration
    Level: Spellguard 1
    Components: V, S
    Casting Time: 1 immediate action
    Range: close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
    Target: One creature
    Duration: instantaneous
    Saving Throw: None
    Spell Resistance: Yes

You can attempt to foil an opposing caster, forcing them to focus to complete their spell.

When any creature in range attempts to cast a spell or spell-like ability, you can force them to make a concentration check equal to 10+your caster level or lose the spell.

Touch of Dispelling
    Spoiler
    Show
    Abjuration
    Level: Spellguard 2
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: Touch
    Target: One touched creature, object, or spell effect
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Saving Throw: None
    Spell Resistance: No

You unweave a spell with a mere touch

As dispel magic, limited to the targeted use. Cannot be used for counterspelling or area dispels. Dispelling an unwilling target requires a melee touch attack.

Arcane Step
    Spoiler
    Show
    Conjuration (Teleportation)
    Level: Spellguard 2
    Components: V
    Casting Time: 1 move action
    Range: 10 feet/level
    Target: You and touched objects or willing creatures.
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Saving Throw: None and Will negates (objects)
    Spell Resistance: No and Yes (object)

With a word, you shimmer, flicker, and appear in a nearby location.

You instantly transfer yourself from your current location to any other spot within range and line of effect. You can bring along objects as long as their weight doesn’t exceed your maximum load. You may also bring one additional willing Medium or smaller creature (carrying gear or objects up to its maximum load). If you arrive in a place that is already occupied by a solid body, you and each creature traveling with you take 1d6 points of damage and are shunted to a random open space on a suitable surface within 10 feet of the intended location.

If there is no free space within 10 feet, you and each creature traveling with you take an additional 2d6 points of damage and are shunted to a free space within 100 feet. If there is no free space within 100 feet, you and each creature travelling with you take an additional 4d6 points of damage and the spell simply fails.

Hope you don't mind, Hawk7915.
    Last edited by stack; 2013-05-17 at 09:16 AM.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

Nightmare
    Spoiler
    Show
    You have mastered your fears. Now you master others by theirs.
    Prerequisites: Nightmare is available to any Magic class.
    Archetype Skills: A nightmare gains intimidate as a class skills if he does not already possess it.
    Archetype Proficiencies: A nightmare gains no additional armor or weapon proficiencies.

Archetype Features
    Lesser Archetype Power
    • Spellcasting: A nightmare casts arcane spells by drawing on the primal fears of all living creatures.
    • Horror Manifest (Su): The nightmare can call a horror to do his bidding. The horror is an incorporeal manifestation of terror that aids the nightmare in battle by preying on his target's deepest fears. The horror is directed as a free action on the nightmare's turn. Any creature sharing the horror's space takes a -4 penalty on all saves verses fear. The horror has the statistics of a shadow, but lacks the create spawn ability and any mode of attack (except when used as a conduit for spells). The horror never provokes attacks of opportunity for entering an occupied space. The horror has HP equal to 1/2 the nightmare's normal maximum and uses the nightmare's base saves and base attack bonus, modified by its own ability scores. For all effects dependent on HD the horror is considered to have HD equal to the nightmare's level. If destroyed, the horror can be re-summoned with a 1 minutes ritual after resting. The nightmare suffers no penalty for his horror falling in battle. The nightmare may target the horror as if it was not incorporeal.
    • Fear and Darkness: A shadow learns Cause Fear, Scare, and Terror as bonus spells at the appropriate levels. If the nightmare prepares spells, he may choose to sacrifice any other spell he has prepared to spontaneously cast a Cause Fear, Scare, and Terror spell of the same level as the sacrificed spell. The nightmare knows and can prepare and cast these spells from memory and does not need to copy them into a spellbook if he uses one, and these spells do not count against his number of spells known.

Moderate Archetype Power
    • Aura of Fear (Su): A nightmare may project an aura of fear as a free action. Any hostile creature within 10 ft must make a will save (DC 10+level/2+casting modifier) or become shaken until leaving the aura. A creature who saves against this aura is unaffected by it for 24 hrs.
    • Piercing Horror (Su): Any creature sharing a space with the nightmare's horror does not gain the benefit of any immunity to fear it may possess, though a creature losing its immunity does not suffer the normal -4 against fear for occupying the horror's space.

Greater Archetype Power
    • Horrid Focus (Su): The nightmare may channel spells through his horror. The nightmare can cast any spell requiring a standard action as a full-round action, using his Horror as the point of origin for the spell. The nightmare must have line of sight and line of effect to his target. Spells which require an attack roll use the horror's statistics.
    • Growing Dismay: The nightmare adds half his class level to the HD cap of any spell he casts with the [fear] descriptor.

Capstone: An nightmare adds one additional option to her class' capstone ability.
    • Augur – Channel Aura (Su): The augur may spend motes to increase the size of his aura of fear, the radius increasing by 5' per mote spent for three rounds.
    • Magus – Studied Fear (Ex/Su/Sp): The magus may add his esoteric knowledge bonus to the DC of any [mind affecting] spell he casts against a creature that is shaken, frightened, or cowering.
    • Spellblade – Strike the Weak (Ex): For three rounds the spellblade gains his spell power bonus against any creature that is shaken, frightened, or cowering.
    Nightmare Spell List
    Spoiler
    Show

0-Level
    • Acid Splash
    • Daze
    • Detect Magic
    • Ghost Sound
    • Mage Hand
    • Read Magic
    • Touch of Fatigue

1st-level
    • Bane
    • Cause Fear
    • Chill Touch
    • Doom
    • Disguise Self
    • Entropic Shield
    • Inflict Light Wounds
    • Ray of Enfeeblement
    • Reduce Person
    • Sleep
    • Ventriloquism

2nd-level
    • Command Undead
    • Darkness
    • Hold Person
    • Inflict Moderate Wounds
    • Invisibility
    • Scare
    • Silence
    • Spectral Hand
    • Spiderclimb

3rd-level
    • Animate Dead
    • Bestow Curse
    • Deeper Darkness
    • Inflict Critical Wounds
    • Nondetection
    • Phantom Steed
    • Ray of Exhaustion
    • Terror
    • Vampiric Touch

Terror
    Spoiler
    Show
    Necromancy [Fear, Mind-Affecting]
    Level: Nightmare 3
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
    Target: Up to CL creatures within 30' of each other
    Duration: 1 round/level or 1 round
    Saving Throw: Will partial
    Spell Resistance: Yes

Your foes flee before you.

Up to your caster level in creatures, who must all be within 30' of each other, becomes frightened for you CL rnds. A successful will save reduces this to shaken for 1 rnd. Target with more than 7 HD are unaffected.
    Last edited by stack; 2013-05-17 at 03:18 PM.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

I like that a lot!

It feels a little weaker, but thematically nice.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Titan in the Playground

Heavy on the mind-affecting, but what can you do, given the theme? Thought about having the aura just tank fear saves and pierce immunities for the moderate power. Not sure. There's a few ways to get to the same place and its hard to pick the best. Also considered a touch or ray fear SLA, but it didn't make it in.

Thought about an invisibility/darkness themed skill archetype, but couldn't figure out how to make it DO anything useful. The nightmare started as darkness and fear themed, but there ended up being too many things at once.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

Well, it could have an ability called

"Horror Manifest" which summons a creature that does wisdom drain. That would let me tank saves, and be nifty.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

Well, it could have an ability called

"Horror Manifest" which summons a creature that does wisdom drain. That would let me tank saves, and be nifty.
    O.o

Yeah... that's not overpowered at all... Drain is way too strong for E6. Even just doing ability damage is really strong. Temporary ability penalties is about the only thing I'll be including.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #317
    Titan in the Playground

I don't know power levels very well. If you say it's too strong, maybe it is. I can just tell when something has flavorful utility, and when it doesn't.

Horror Manifest could do anything, as long as it was scary, and helped do scary things.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

Drain doesn't heal. Ever. You have to use high level magic to fix it. The lowest level spell that can heal drain is restoration, a 4th-level spell. 4th-level spells are beyond E6, therefore anything that takes a 4th-level or higher spell to undo is also beyond what is appropriate for E6.

Edit: Lesser restoration is a 2nd-level spell that can heal 1d4 ability damage, so ability damage is allowable, but it should be very, very rare.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2013-05-17 at 02:20 PM.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #319
    Titan in the Playground

It could be the.. uh... other one. Damage?

And it doesn't need to even exist. I just come up with bad ideas, and you are supposed to fix them into working classes.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Titan in the Playground

Actually, I really like the idea of horror manifest. A ghostly apparition chasing after your enemies and acting as a focus to channel your powers through.
    Probably make it something like the dark companion for the hex blade, giving a penalty to saves rather than draining stats though. It could become a central ability.

Bother, now I have to redo the whole archetype.
    Last edited by stack; 2013-05-17 at 02:36 PM.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

stack, do you have Expedition to Castle Ravenloft? If so, take a look at the way they handle the Knight of the Raven's raven. That combined with the dark companion would make for something very interesting. An archetype focused on creating a being composed on the nightmares of his enemies... That could be really neat.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

I've read it before. Have to look again to refresh my memory. I'm definitely doing it, even though it means scrapping half of the abilities I have done already.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Titan in the Playground

I know how that is. I've had to do that with a few of the things I've made.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, take a look now. Horror manifest gives a strong debuff and can eventually pierce immunity and be used as a spell conduit. Added the inflict line for healing the horror, since it acts as an incorporeal undead (shadow sans attacks/create spawn).
    Last edited by stack; 2013-05-17 at 03:20 PM.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Titan in the Playground

I like that a lot, Stack.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Barbarian in the Playground

Daemon

I am kinda underwhelmed with the skirmisher's acrobat capstone. It's essentialy sneak attack when flanking, and it goes against the feel of that combo, at least to me. An acrobat skirmisher should be hoping all over the place, not staying in one spot to attack.

How about this for a capstone:
    Acrobat – Acrobatic Skirmish (Ex) Whenever the acrobat uses Balance, Climb, Escape Artist, Jump, Move Silently, or Tumble during combat, he may make an attack roll as a swift action. If this attack hits, treat the opponent as flat-footed for sneak attack purposes.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

I think that's flavorful, but I'm really trying to limit the number of ways to gain extra attacks. I'll consider that or something like it though.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #329

Daemon

Alternatively, you could increase the bonus damage if any of those skills was used.
    Also, shouldn't the acrobat get a speed bonus similar to the brawler? I realise this will make them similar, but low movement speed hurts a lot when trying to be so mobile.
    For example, a halfling acrobat, while good at the skill rolls, will only move half his 20' foot speed and will not go very far.

30. - Top - End - #330

Daemon

Courtier
    Spoiler
    Show
    Courtiers are the problem solvers(or makers) of the political arena. They are masters of getting what they want by using their honeyed words and their silver tongues, even stopping aggresion momentarily. Of course, politics are dangerous so all courtiers eventually seek out protection in the form of a loyal bodyguard, both to ensure their survival, and to increase their prestige in court.

Prerequisites: Courtier is available to any Skillful class.
    Archetype Skills: A Courtier gains Diplomacy and Knowledge (Nobility and Royalty) as a class skill if he does not already possess it.
    Archetype Proficiencies: A Courtier gains proficiency with the Rapier and Buckler.

Archetype Features
    Lesser Archetype Power
    • Social Graces (Ex): Courtiers gain a competence bonus of 2 + 1/2 their level on all Diplomacy checks. Whenever the Courtier is making a Bluff, Gather Information, Intimidate or Knowledge(Nobility and Royalty) check, he may instead roll Diplomacy with a -5 penalty.
    • Sancrosant (Ex): When the Courtier is attacked in melee by an opponent with an inteligence score of at least 3, he may roll Diplomacy as an immediate action with a DC of 10+the attacker's Hit Dice+the attacker's Base Attack Bonus+5 if the attacker is chaotic or -5 if the attacker is lawful.
      If he beats the DC, the attacker immediately ends his turn, without attacking the Courtier and doesn't threaten any square until the beginning of his next turn. This ability can be used only once per opponent per battle.

Moderate Archetype Power
    • Bodyguard (Ex): Accomplished Courtiers are either assigned, or attract bodyguards to help them in court and protect them in battle. Thankfully these bodyguards are moderetaly competent in social situations and they add weight to a Courtiers words when they are with their charge.
      You gain a companion of the same race and alignment as you, with a Strength, Dexterity and Constitution score of 14 and an Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma score of 10 before racial modifications. The companion has good base attack bonus, fortitude and will saves, d10 hit dice and 5 ranks in Diplomacy, Sense Motive, Spot and Listen. The bodyguard has 1+1/2 the Courtiers level in hit dice. The Courtier is responsible for the bodyguard's equipment, and he must provide it himself. If the bodyguard dies, a new one will appear within 2 days if the Courtier is in an urban area, or a week after the Courtier sends out word of the loss.
      Finally, whenever the bodyguard is adjacent to his Courtier, the Courtier automaticaly enjoys a +2 in all Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Intimidate and Sense Motive rolls used in social situations as if the bodyguard used Aid Another.

Greater Archetype Power
    • Master of the Courts (Ex): A Courtier may take 10 on any Diplomacy roll, even when using his Lesser Archetype Powers.

Capstone: A Courtier adds one additional option to his class's capstone ability.
    • Acrobat –Know your place (Ex): When the acrobat uses his sancrosant ability succesfully, he and his bodyguard can move a distance equal to their speed. This movement doesn't provoke attacks of opportunity. If they end up flanking the attacker, the bodyguard may make an attack of opportunity versus the attacker.
    • Expert – Shared Insight (Ex): For three rounds, any time the expert spends points of insight to gain a bonus on an attack roll, damage roll, saving throw, or skill check, he may instead gain half the normal bonus and have his bodyguard also gain an insight bonus equal to the bonus the expert normaly gains. This bonus applies on the next appropriate roll the bodyguard makes in that round. If an expert uses insight to boost his attack roll, then the companion gains a bonus on its next attack roll.
    • Trobadour – Perfect Cooperation (Ex): For three rounds, the trobadour's bodyguard gains double the bonuses from any inspiring aura used by the trobadour.
    Last edited by D-naras; 2013-05-24 at 12:59 PM.