A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/E6] Rizban's E6 Compendium

In favor of eliminating walls of text, can people please submit their own material in spoilers as I do in the original posts? Put the name of the archetype/background/etc. above the spoiler in bold and the rest inside. Thank you!

I want to post a glimpse into my next two projects after this one. I'll call this thread my E6 Player's Guide. I ask you not to comment specifically on the things in this spoiler on this thread, as they're intended as a preview for upcoming projects rather than as part of this project. (Though I would like to see some comments as to whether or not there is interest in this, possibly in a spoiler.) Note that everything in the following spoiler is still subject to change.
    Spoiler
    Show
    E6 Census of Peoples and Races

This will include slightly redone races as well as a collection of alternate class features, racial feats, and Paragon Archetypes specific to a particular race.

Dwarf Paragon
    Spoiler
    Show
    Prerequisites: Dwarf Paragon is available to a dwarf with any Combat or Skillful class.
    Archetype Skills: A dwarf paragon gains Craft as a class skill if he does not already possess it.
    Archetype Proficiencies: A dwarf paragon gains proficiency with all martial dwarf racial weapons and with light armor and shields (but not tower shields).

Archetype Features
    Lesser Archetype Power
    • Improved Stonecutting (Ex): The bonus gained from a dwarf's stonecutting ability increases to +5, and the range increases to 20 feet.
    • Dwarven Expertise (Ex): A dwarf paragon may add his class level as a circumstance bonus on Appraise and Craft checks that are related to stone or metal items.
    • Favored Enemy (Ex): A dwarf paragon gains the favored enemy ability with either humanoid (orc), humanoid (goblinoid), or giant.

Moderate Archetype Power
    • Stalwart Defender (Ex): In any round that the dwarf paragon does not move more than a 5-foot step, he adds his Constitution modifier (if positive) to his Armor Class, minimum +1.
    • Dwarven Determination (Su): A dwarf paragon's racial bonuses from stability and against poison and spells increases by +1.

Greater Archetype Power
    • Ability Boost (Ex): A dwarf paragon's Constitution increases by 2. This is a racial bonus.

Capstone: A dwarf paragon adds one additional option to his class' capstone ability.
    • Brawler – Foe Bane (Ex): For three rounds, the brawler deals an additional +2 damage to his favored enemies and gains a +4 bonus to confirm critical threats against them.
    • Gladiator – Dwarven Maneuvers (Ex): For three rounds, the gladiator gains a bonus on all disarm, feint, sunder, and trip attacks equal to his Constitution modifier (if positive). If he successfully makes one of these attacks while wielding a dwarf racial weapon, he may use an immediate action to make a normal attack with that weapon against the same opponent.
    • Sentinel – Dwarfven Defender (Ex): For three rounds, the sentinel gains +2 Strength, a +2 resistance bonus to all saves, and a +2 dodge bonus to AC. He may take a 5-foot step on his turn, but if he moves more than 5 feet for any reason, this ability ends. He may use his In Harm's Way ability without risk of this ability ending.
    • Acrobat – Stone Stride (Ex): For three rounds, the acrobat can move through scree and dense rubble and up steep slopes and stairs at her normal speed.
    • Expert – Dwarven Insight (Ex): As an immediate action, the expert gains a points of insight equal to his Constitution modifier.
    • Troubadour – Stone Mind (Su): For three rounds, the troubadour's mind becomes as stone. He becomes immune to Enchantment (charm) spells and any mind-affecting ability.

E6 Guidebook of the Monstrous

It will include a number of homebrewed monsters appropriately created for this E6 system as well as a number of monster "classes" that replace the base class chosen by the monster. These classes are still open to choosing any appropriate archetype as defined by the class. As a note, they will often be slightly stronger than the Player's Guide classes, as they are meant to incorporate both race and class into a single entity.

Minotaur
    Spoiler
    Show
    This nearly seven foot tall beast resembles a powerfully built man but has the head, hooves, and features of a vicious bull. Despite the thick fur, its powerful muscles are clearly visible. Baring its vicious fangs, the beast snarls and charges.

{table=head]|
    Base Attack[div]Bonus[/div]
    |
    Fort[div]Save[/div]
    |
    Ref[div]Save[/div]
    |
    Will[div]Save[/div]
    |Special|
    Gore[div]Attack[/div]
    |
    Skillful[div]Maneuvers
    [/div]
    1st|
    +1
    |
    +2
    |
    +1
    |
    +0
    |Archetype power (lesser), racial traits, gore attack|
    1d8
    |
    -
    |
    2nd|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |Powerful charge, skillful maneuvers|
    1d8
    |
    +1
    |
    3rd|
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +2
    |
    +1
    |Archetype power (moderate), natural cunning|
    1d8
    |
    +2
    |
    4th|
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +2
    |
    +1
    |Uncanny dodge|
    1d10
    |
    +3
    |
    5th|
    +5
    |
    +4
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |Advanced maneuvers|
    1d10
    |
    +4
    |
    6th|
    +6/+1
    |
    +5
    |
    +3
    |
    +2
    |Archetype power (greater), bestial maneuvers|
    1d10
    |
    +5
    |[/table]

Hit Die: d8
    Class Skills (2 + Int modifier per level, ×4 at 1st level): Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Search (Int), Spot (Wis), and Survival (Wis).

Class Features
    All of the following are class features of Minotaur.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A minotaur is proficient with simple weapons and his natural weapons and with light armor but not with any type of shield.

Racial Traits:
    • +4 Strength, +2 Constitution, -2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma
    • Size: Medium
    • Speed: 30 feet
    • Darkvision: 30 feet
      Natural Armor +4
    • Powerful Build: The physical stature of minotaurs lets them function in many ways as if they were one size category larger. Whenever a minotaur is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the minotaur is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to it. A minotaur is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect it. A minotaur can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty. However, its space and reach remain those of a creature of its actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject’s size category.
    • Automatic Languages: Common, Giant
    • Bonus Languages: Orc, Goblin, Terran.

Archetype: At 1st level, the minotaur chooses an archetype from the list below. It gains the advantages and abilities of the archetype at the appropriate levels, as indicated in the class table. Once made, this choice is final.
    A Minotaur can choose any Combat or Skillful archetype.

Gore Attack (Ex): A minotaur gains a gore natural attack which deals 1d8 damage.
    At 4th level, this damage increases to 1d10.

Powerful Charge (Ex): A minotaur typically begins a battle by charging at an opponent, lowering its head to bring its mighty horns into play. In addition to the normal benefits and hazards of a charge, this allows the beast to make a single gore attack on the charge dealing an additional 1d8 damage with his gore attack.

Skillful Maneuvers (Ex): As the Gladiator class feature of the same name, except that the bonus the minotaur gains is given on its racial class table.

Natural Cunning (Ex): Although minotaurs are not especially intelligent, they possess innate cunning and logical ability. This gives them immunity to becoming confused and prevents them from ever becoming lost.

Uncanny Dodge (Ex): As the Brawler class feature of the same name.

Advanced Maneuvers (Ex): As the Gladiator class feature of the same name.

Bestial Maneuvers: Once per encounter, a minotaur may choose to use one of these abilities. All abilities are activated as a free action unless otherwise stated.
    • Mighty Charge (Ex): When making a powerful charge, the minotaur may choose to make it a mighty charge instead, dealing an additional 2d8 damage with his gore attack.
    • Shake It Off (Ex): As the Gladiator class feature of the same name.
    • Pounce (Ex): When a minotaur makes a charge, it can follow with a full attack.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2013-05-03 at 09:40 AM.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ettin in the Playground

Eliminated my walls by back spoiling!

Spoiler
    Show
    And while the racial paragon looks interesting, it looks like an archetype...but it's a race....wouldn't racial stuff be background? I'm interested in both projects, yes.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Paragon Archetypes are the analogue of paragon classes from Unearthed Arcana/SRD. They'll be archetypes focused on expanding on racial features and available only to the appropriate race.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2013-05-03 at 12:25 PM.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    In favor of eliminating walls of text, can people please submit their own material in spoilers as I do in the original posts? Put the name of the archetype/background/etc. above the spoiler in bold and the rest inside. Thank you!
    I posted some templates on the first page to maybe help out some of the people who are wanting to contribute to the project. Thanks for all your contributions!
    Show

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground

(Wombat's Review of)Skillful Classes(Part One!)

Spoiler
    Show
    The Acrobat

Role: The acrobat is all about mobility and leverage. She can easily reach places other people can not, and her ability to dodge and weave in combat gives her many tricks that help her and her allies or hinder her enemies.

Tumble time! Any [movement] skill you can do I can do better!

{table=head]|
    Base Attack[div]Bonus[/div]
    |
    Fort[div]Save[/div]
    |
    Ref[div]Save[/div]
    |
    Will[div]Save[/div]
    |Special|
    Skilled[div]Acrobat[/div]
    |
    AC[div]Bonus
    [/div]
    1st|
    +0
    |
    +1
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |Archetype power (lesser), skilled acrobat, AC bonus|
    +2
    |
    +1
    |
    2nd|
    +1
    |
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    |Evasion, acrobatic leaping|
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    3rd|
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |Archetype power (moderate), distracting flank|
    +4
    |
    +2
    |
    4th|
    +3
    |
    +2
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |Uncanny dodge, acrobatic swinging|
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    5th|
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |Master acrobat|
    +6
    |
    +3
    |
    6th|
    +4
    |
    +3
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |Archetype power (greater), acrobatic combatant|
    +7
    |
    +4
    |[/table]

Hit Die: d6
    Class Skills (8 + Int modifier per level, ×4 at 1st level): Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Escape Artist (Dex), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex), and Use Rope (Dex).

Class Features
    All of the following are class features of The Acrobat.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Weapon and Armor Proficiency: An acrobat is proficient with simple weapons and with whips as well as light armor but not with any shields.

Makes sense. Mirrors the brawler in many ways, which makes sense given their similar in nature as the "springy" one of the trio.

Archetype: At 1st level, the acrobat chooses an archetype from the list below. She gains the advantages and abilities of the archetype at the appropriate levels, as indicated in the class table. Once made, this choice is final.

Skilled Acrobat (Ex): An acrobat is quite adept at maneuvering through obstacles and has become highly trained in avoiding pursuit. She gains a circumstance bonus equal to her Skilled Acrobat bonus on all Balance, Climb, Escape Artist, Jump, Move Silently, and Tumble checks.
    Additionally, an acrobat may choose to use either her Dexterity or her Strength modifier when making Climb and Jump checks.
    Finally, an acrobat can make a single turn of up to 90 degrees when running or charging.
    An acrobat only gains this bonus while wearing light or no armor.

Ah, I like the light armor limitation. Works well with the theme. Might want to say that the circumstance bonus is listed in the table above. 90 degree turning, while charging sounds like fun!

AC Bonus (Ex): With her excellent speed and agility, an acrobat is able to slip away from sword blows, dodge arrows, and evade attacks. She gains a dodge bonus to her AC based on her class level. She gains this bonus only when wearing light or no armor and carrying no more than a light load.

Makes up for the light armor a bit. Nice. Also might want to state that the progression is listed in the table above (since you did this in the combat class sections I believe).

Evasion (Ex): At 2nd level and higher, an acrobat can avoid even magical and unusual attacks with great agility. If she makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, she instead takes no damage. Evasion can be used only if the acrobat is wearing light or no armor. A helpless acrobat does not gain the benefit of evasion.

A logical ability for this class.

Acrobatic Leaping (Ex): An acrobat is highly skilled at leaping and tumbling, allowing her to perform feats that others can only dream. She may only use these options while where light or no armor and carrying no more than a light load.
    Hop: When using the Jump skill to Hop Up, an acrobat can hop onto something as high as her waist without consuming any additional movement or as high as her shoulders using 10 feet of movement.
    Vault: With a DC 15 Jump check, an acrobat can vault over obstacles in her way that are no more than waist high, allowing her to run or charge. Failing the Jump check means the acrobat stumbles over the obstacle, landing hard on the other side, and must succeed on a DC 15 Tumble check or land prone.
    Pole Swing: An acrobat may swing from a pole or other fixed object in order to give herself additional speed. She may use 5 feet of movement to begin swinging on a pole. While swinging, she may Jump from the pole as if she had a running start.

So in other words, waist high is normal movement, shoulder hieght is as second diagonal movement (I see it in my head as diagonally going up, while spending the first diagonal to climb). I love all of these. Vault is really nicely written. For pole swing what if it was using a verticle pole to swing around a corner? Does that provoke a 5 foot move as well? Can I use several horizantal poles to climb up something like in Prince of Pursia?

Distracting Flank (Ex): An acrobat's agility allows her to make sudden rapid attacks to distract and misdirect her opponents. When an acrobat flanks an opponent, she gains a competence bonus to attack rolls against the flanked opponent equal to one half her class level, rounded down, and her flanking ally gains a +1 circumstance bonus to attack rolls against the same opponent.

So this +1 is in addition to the flanking bonus they'd already be recieving? The first sentence should have in it somewhere something about flanking, possibly just adding a "when flanking" at the end, though that becomes redundant when going to the next sentence. I say this only because it sounds like you have a summarry description of the ability as the first sentence, and it seems strange not to include "when flanking" for a flanking ability.

Uncanny Dodge (Ex): At 4th level, an acrobat retains her Dexterity bonus to AC (if any) even if she is caught flat-footed or struck by an invisible attacker. However, she still loses her Dexterity bonus to AC if immobilized. If an acrobat already has uncanny dodge, she automatically gains improved uncanny dodge instead.

Acrobatic Swinging (Ex): An acrobat learns to employ her maneuverability more readily in combat, giving her additional options, provided she is wearing light or no armor and carrying no more than a light load.
    Swinging Attack: As a move action, an acrobat may swing from a rope, vine, chandelier, or other hanging object, making attacks as she swings. She may dismount from the swing at any point with a tumble check (DC10). She may also make any melee attack which takes no more than a standard action as part of her swing but may only use light weapons and with only one hand. Additionally, she is treated as making a charge while swinging, gaining +2 to attack rolls and -2 to AC.
    Swing Kick: As a standard action, an acrobat can swing around a fixed, vertical object such as a pole or lamp post to deliver a powerful kick without provoking an attack of opportunity. This kick deals 1d6 nonlethal damage. If the kick successfully hits, she may either immediately make a trip attempt, with no risk of being tripped if she fails, or may follow up with a regular attack.
    Grappling Whip: An acrobat may use a whip as if it were a grappling hook. The maximum rope length is the length of the whip (usually 15 feet) and always has a securing DC of 10. This takes a standard action as normal for using a grappling hook; however, the acrobat may choose to use this as a swift action by increasing the DC to 20.

Can I use someone's arm to swing off of if they make a strength check, or am I starting to stretch it into the DM's ruling category? The grabbling whip compliments these other things in this ability very nicely. That is, if I'm allowed to use two features of this ability at one time...

Master Acrobat (Ex): When making a Balance, Climb, Jump, or Tumble check, an acrobat can take 10, even when stressed or distracted.
    An acrobat only gains this bonus while wearing light or no armor.

I approve!

Acrobatic Combatant: Once per encounter, an acrobat may choose to use one of these abilities. All abilities are activated as a free action unless otherwise stated.
    • Death From Above (Ex): As a standard action, an acrobat can hurl herself down at an enemy at least 10 feet below her. The acrobat takes falling damage as normal but deals an additional 1d6 damage for every 10 feet she falls, to a maximum of 3d6. Additionally, she gains a +2 circumstance bonus on her attack roll for this attack.
      I love the title. So I drop from 30 feet, deal 3d6, and take 2d6? Perhaps the target would cushion an additional d6 so it would just be a 1d6 at 30 feet, and no damage otherwise?
    • Tuck and Roll (Ex): As a move action, the acrobat can tumble through an opponent's square. If the acrobat avoids the opponent's attacks of opportunity for movement, she can treat that opponent as flat-footed against her next attack.
      Nice. So if I succeed at my tumble check, I treat them as flat footed. It would be interesting if tumbling through their square would also do something with tripping.
    • Supreme Mobility (Ex): For three rounds, the acrobat's speed increases by 10 feet, she does not provoke attacks of opportunity for movement, and she gains Improved Evasion and Improved Uncanny Dodge.
      I'm not sure I'm familiar with Improved Evasion. Which I'm surprised about. I like this ability. It seems like each of these options is conditional on placement. One is for above, one is for close range, and one is to quickly get up close.
    Spoiler
    Show

Over all, nice class. Unlike some of the other classes I've read, this one leaves me wanting an archetype where the others left me wanting to see what archetypes complimented it, if that makes sense. It's likely because it feels rouge-ish and or monk-ish, while being neither because of some of the abilities aren't here, so I'm left to look in the archetypes for such things.
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2013-05-03 at 12:18 PM.

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't mind walls of text when they relate to the "official" content. I was just trying to limit walls of text from additional material so I can sort through it more easily.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Skilled Acrobat (Ex)
    Ah, I like the light armor limitation. Works well with the theme. Might want to say that the circumstance bonus is listed in the table above. 90 degree turning, while charging sounds like fun!
    Yeah, I'll put that in. I forgot to mention the amount being on the table.
    There's a feat that allows 90 degree turning in a charge. I'm planning to include an edited version of the feat here too, the difference being that the Acrobat can then make two turns during a charge.

AC Bonus (Ex)
    Makes up for the light armor a bit. Nice. Also might want to state that the progression is listed in the table above (since you did this in the combat class sections I believe).
    Good point...

Acrobatic Leaping (Ex)
    So in other words, waist high is normal movement, shoulder hieght is as second diagonal movement (I see it in my head as diagonally going up, while spending the first diagonal to climb). I love all of these. Vault is really nicely written. For pole swing what if it was using a verticle pole to swing around a corner? Does that provoke a 5 foot move as well? Can I use several horizantal poles to climb up something like in Prince of Pursia?
    I hadn't considered it in those terms. For Hop, I took the "Hop Up" portion of the Jump skill and gave them an improved version of it.
    Vault is original but was was the logical progression of Hop.
    Pole Swing is meant to be horizontal poles only. I'll put in that limitation. Running around a corner is covered in Skilled Acrobat.
    Yes, this class was definitely made with Prince of Persia in mind...

Distracting Flank (Ex)
    So this +1 is in addition to the flanking bonus they'd already be recieving? The first sentence should have in it somewhere something about flanking, possibly just adding a "when flanking" at the end, though that becomes redundant when going to the next sentence. I say this only because it sounds like you have a summarry description of the ability as the first sentence, and it seems strange not to include "when flanking" for a flanking ability.
    Yes, it's an additional bonus to the +2 normally gained from flanking, granting the acrobat a +3, +4, or +5 and the acrobat's allies a total of +3 when flanking an enemy with the acrobat.

Acrobatic Swinging (Ex)
    Can I use someone's arm to swing off of if they make a strength check, or am I starting to stretch it into the DM's ruling category?
    That's going to DM territory. As written, I probably wouldn't allow it.

The grabbling whip compliments these other things in this ability very nicely. That is, if I'm allowed to use two features of this ability at one time...
    There's nothing preventing you from using two parts of the ability at the same time.

Death From Above (Ex)
    I love the title. So I drop from 30 feet, deal 3d6, and take 2d6? Perhaps the target would cushion an additional d6 so it would just be a 1d6 at 30 feet, and no damage otherwise?
    You can still use Jump and Tumble checks to reduce falling damage. With a good roll on both, you shouldn't take any falling damage from 30 feet. Being able to take 10 on both rolls... *wink wink*

Tuck and Roll (Ex)
    Nice. So if I succeed at my tumble check, I treat them as flat footed. It would be interesting if tumbling through their square would also do something with tripping.
    Interesting idea, but it's beyond what I wanted the ability to do. It's meant more that the acrobat is throwing him the enemy off balance so he can apply sneak attack or something rather than much of anything else.

Supreme Mobility (Ex)
    I'm not sure I'm familiar with Improved Evasion. Which I'm surprised about. I like this ability.
    The standard 3.5 Rogue and Monk get it. Improved Evasion.

It seems like each of these options is conditional on placement. One is for above, one is for close range, and one is to quickly get up close.
    That was the idea.

Over all, nice class. Unlike some of the other classes I've read, this one leaves me wanting an archetype where the others left me wanting to see what archetypes complimented it, if that makes sense. It's likely because it feels rouge-ish and or monk-ish, while being neither because of some of the abilities aren't here, so I'm left to look in the archetypes for such things.
    That makes sense, but that was what I expected when I started work on this class. Acrobat has a lot of options, but they're all based on getting around rather than doing things to other people. It was made with precision damage in mind, but it doesn't actually get any precision damage on its own. Also, with that in mind, I've limited precision damage to existing (almost) exclusively within the domain of Skillful class archetypes. Assassin is probably my favorite archetype for this class.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2013-05-03 at 12:58 PM.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground

You can still use Jump and Tumble checks to reduce falling damage. With a good roll on both, you shouldn't take any falling damage from 30 feet. Being able to take 10 on both rolls... *wink wink*
    But...but...tumbling on someone doesn't seem as hurty as landing on someone...

But now I see what you did there, and oh my. So long as one has enough skill points in the particular skill...

EDIT:
    The standard 3.5 Rogue and Monk get it. Improved Evasion.
    Ah yes. The side effect of not being near a Core book. I forgot about that one. How silly am I...
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2013-05-03 at 01:11 PM.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

But...but...tumbling on someone doesn't seem as hurty as landing on someone...
    Land, stabbity, drive them to the ground, and roll away before crunching on the floor?
    Show

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Earth's Embrace
    Spheres:Earth/Life
    Spoiler
    Show
    Granted Power
    Choose one
    1. Gain acid resistance equal to twice class level
    2. Stone Defense: Once per day, you may grant yourself temporary hit points equal to twice your caster level.

1 - Magic Stone Create magic sling bullets
    1 - 1st-level spell 2 description
    2 - Earthen Ward mold earth and stone to temporarily grant cover
    2 - Lesser Summon Elemental Summon one small elemental (earth only)
    3 - Stone Shape Instantly shape stone
    3 - Summon Elemental Summon one medium or 1d3 small elementals (earth elementals only)

Loose Stones
    Spoiler
    Show
    Conjuration (Creation)
    Level: Earth's Embrace 1
    Components: V, S, M
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
    Target: 20 ft radius
    Duration: 1 minute/level (D)
    Saving Throw: see text
    Spell Resistance: No

Small, loose stones scatter across the ground, slowing movement.

The area affected becomes difficult terrain for the duration of the spell. Any creature can attempt to move at full speed or take a take a 5 ft step by making a reflex save. Failing the save renders the creature prone

(wider area and longer duration than grease, but easier to avoid (just move slower. Doesn't flat-foot either, so I think power should be okay)

Earthen Ward
    Spoiler
    Show
    Transmutation
    Level: Earth's Embrace 1
    Components: V, S
    Casting Time: 1 immediate action
    Range: Personal
    Target: You
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Saving Throw: None
    Spell Resistance: None

Earth and stone warp to create a barrier between you and your attacker.

This spell can immediately create an earthen barrier whenever you are targeted by any attack of which you are aware. The barrier lasts just long enough to break the line of effect between you and the attack (weapon, spell, SLA, psionic power, supernatural ability).

Your foes attack is wasted, but they can still make any additional attacks or actions they would normally have that round.

This spell can instead grant cover against an area of affect ability.

(Yeah, its a dirt-themed wings of cover with the added 'must touch the ground' caveat and new language to avoid legal stuff, since wings of cover was pretty strong to start with.)
    Last edited by stack; 2013-05-03 at 03:00 PM.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Creeping Ooze
    Spheres: Earth/Water
    Spoiler
    Show
    Granted Power
    Choose one
    1. Granted Power Option 1
    2. Granted Power Option 2

1 - Grease description
    1 - Mud Slide Increase move speed
    2 - Acid Arrow ranged touch for ongoing acid damage
    2 - Soften Earth and Stone exactly what it says on the tin
    3 - Meld Into Stone Temporarily hide in stone
    3 - Summon ooze summon an ooze to fight for you

Mud Slide
    Spoiler
    Show
    Transmutation
    Level: Creeping Ooze 1
    Components: V, S
    Range: Personal or touch; see text
    Target: You or one willing creature or one unattended object (total weight up to 100 lb./level); see text
    Duration: 1 min./level (D)
    Saving Throw: none
    Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless, object)

The ground ahead of you turns to mud, allowing you to quickly slide.

As the psionic power skate.

Summon Ooze
    Spoiler
    Show
    Conjuration (Summoning)
    Level: Creeping Ooze 3
    Casting Time: 1 round
    Range: close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
    Effect: 1 summoned creature
    Duration: 1 round/level (D)
    Saving Throw: none
    Spell Resistance: No

Call forth an ooze under your control.

As summon monster 3, but instead calling an ooze of CR 2 or 1d3 oozes of CR 1 or below.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

How helpful is working on the domains? If you already have a good idea what you want to do with them, just let me know and I'll direct my attention elsewhere. I don't want to re-tread work you've already done.

I know you are busy with this very large project, so I don't expect a lot of feedback, just wanted to make sure these are useful contributions.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    How helpful is working on the domains? If you already have a good idea what you want to do with them, just let me know and I'll direct my attention elsewhere. I don't want to re-tread work you've already done.

I know you are busy with this very large project, so I don't expect a lot of feedback, just wanted to make sure these are useful contributions.
    Extremely helpful. I've got ideas and notes for several of them, but I'm always interested in input. Even if I don't use your ideas, I'll definitely be referencing them heavily.

Honestly though, I haven't done more than glance over the domains you've contributed. My focus is elsewhere on this project at the moment, but I will be going back to them and looking at them carefully once I work my may back around to the domains.

Edit: The reason being that I'm focused on trying to get a few things polished up for a play test, and I don't feel that domains aren't as integral to that as the other places I'm trying to focus.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2013-05-03 at 03:33 PM.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

I figured with all the other aspects that the domains, given their number and the quantity of homebrew spells required to fill them, would be back-burner for awhile, hence my contributions. I'll keep working on them when I can. Making spells is fun!

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Crushing Waves (WIP)
    Spheres: Water/Death
    Spoiler
    Show
    Granted Power
    Choose one
    1. Gain a bonus equal to class level on saves vs poison
    2. Once per day as a swift action, your may imbue a weapon to deal 1d6 cold damage in addition to its normal damage. This enhancement lasts a number of rounds equal to your class level.

1 - Chill Touch negative energy touch attack w/ strength damage
    1 - Clinging Chill Ray of ice entangles your target
    2 - Mire of Lethargy as grease, but also inflicts fatigue
    2 - 2nd-level spell 2 description
    3 - Poison Inflict poison with a melee touch attach
    3 - Cup of Dust Curse causes dehydration
    (or)
    3 - Frozen Prison Shell of ice immobilizes target

Mire of Lethargy
    Spoiler
    Show
    Conjuration (Creation) [cold]
    Level: Crushing Waves 2
    Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
    Target: One object or a 10-ft. square
    Duration: 1 round/level (D)
    Saving Throw: See text
    Spell Resistance: See text

The chilling touch of the slippery surface drains vitality from those who touch it.

As grease, but all creatures who begin their turn in contact with it must make a Fort save or be fatigued. Fatigued creatures must save or become exhausted. This effect ends immediately upon leaving the spell's area or dropping the affected item. If used to coat a creatures armor or weapon the creature may take a full-round action to scrape it off, ending the spell.

Clinging Chill
    Spoiler
    Show
    Conjuration (creation)[cold]
    Level: Crushing Waves 1
    Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
    Target: One Medium or smaller creature
    Duration: 5 rounds
    Saving Throw: None
    Spell Resistance:No

A ray of cold forms ice on its target, hindering movement.

As the psionic power entangling ectoplasm

Ice Prison
    Spoiler
    Show
    Conjuration (creation)[cold]
    Level: Crushing Waves 3
    Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./ level)
    Target: One Medium or smaller creature
    Duration: 1 round/level
    Saving Throw: Reflex negates
    Spell Resistance:No

An icy cocoon envelops the target, immobilizing them.

As the psionic power Ectoplasmic Cocoon.
    Last edited by stack; 2013-05-03 at 07:28 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, stack, I used a lot of your suggestions for the divine domains and will be posting several new things when I make the next update. I definitely liked restorative dew/miasmic stench, though I edited them a bit.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Cool, glad to hear its useful. I haven't 'brewed spells before this much. I seem to fall into conjuration (creation) a lot for the elemental stuff. I guess the SR No isn't a big deal in E6 anyway.

Also found mining psionic powers helps broaden the selection, given the limited spells available in core. Especially finding elemental stuff, its easy to drp ectoplasm and sub an element.

ed - Now that the spellblade casting has a cooldown, should he be allowed to hold the charge on a channeled spell?
    Last edited by stack; 2013-05-04 at 09:48 AM.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Changelog
    • General: “Compendium” changed to “Player's Guide”

• Class: Gladiator – Changed references to Fighter feats to Combat feats.
    • Class: Acrobat – Clarification on Skilled Acrobat and AC Bonus abilities.
    • Class: Augur – Fixed typo

• Archetype: Beastmaster
      • Added capstones for Arcrobat, Expert, Troubadour, Augur, and Magus.
      • Added a “Special” line to grant spell access to Magic classes.
    • Archetype: Pugilist – Added capstone ability Sentinel – Guarding Lunge (Ex)

• Backgrounds: Reformatted post
    • Background: Added Apprentice
    • Background: Added Aristocrat

• Magic: Reformatted Spells section.
    • Divine Domains:
      • Added a missing rule about spells gaining the appropriate descriptors based on divine domain spheres.
      • Fleshed out several divine domains: Raging Inferno, Stench of Decay, Living Waters, Shattered Stone, Earth's Fury, Light of Life, Earth's Embrace, Gentle Breath, Crushing Waves
    • Spells: Added new spells.
      • Ash Storm
      • Desiccate
      • Earthen Betrayal
      • Restorative Dew
      • Stinking Miasma
      • Spitting Earth
      • Summon Living Element
      • Swim
      • Surging Waters
      • Grasping Earth
      • Produce Electricity

• Templates: As mentioned yesterday, I added a Templates section for people wishing to contribute to the project.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

Beastmaster Archetype, capstones: "Augur – Channel of Nature (Su): When using channeling to use either the vigor or prescience ability,..." I think the end of the ability got cut off.

I like the special line. I might add it to the whip master to allow them to take red mage spells.

(Typo) Stinking miasma - it should be a -5 penalty, not a +5 penalty

I like the change to restorative dew. I was just thinking of how over-powered it was with the rejuvenation spells. I was going t suggest putting in a clause that it only effect fast healing spells once per creature per casting, but that still would have been very efficient for a 1st level spell. I think I preferred the scaling penalty for stinking miasma though. It has a short duration and little out of combat application. I don't see using it in its current form, though it is stronger in the earliest levels than my version. Maybe reducing healing by 3+level/3?

Should there be a mass minor rejuvenation?

Summon Living Element - 1/2 level duration for a full round cast to get a medium? The green mage can summon any small elemental as a 2nd level or 1d3 as a 3rd. I hoped the summon would be beefed up a bit to account for the severely restricted options, either reducing casting time or increasing duration. For a third level spell, maybe getting a small for minutes/level (allowing more out-of-combat utility) or a medium for rounds (not much use out of combat, very useful in)?

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Oops, yeah, I meant to make that change on summon living element before I posted it. I'll get that fixed momentarily.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

Seeing all this get done is making me rather excited to get to DM a group of pc's in a game.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

If I thought I would be able to for long enough I would volunteer to run a series of scenarios as a playtest. Might still be able too, have to see how things look when it gets done.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    Seeing all this get done is making me rather excited to get to DM a group of pc's in a game.
    That makes me excited to potentially play. :)

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

Indeed, I've been watching this with some interest and hope to play a pen and paper game with this system. It would help with new players, to get them started on D&D without all the paperwork.
    Spoiler: My Profile
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.
    Currently Running:
    - Tales of Neutral Ground

Winner of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms (Ironfang Republic)

Loser of Total War: The Final Hanrui (Elda Hafnar)

"The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it."

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

Duelist
    Spoiler
    Show
    A master of combat whose every swing is calculated to create an advantage.

Prerequisites: Duelist is available to any Combat or Skillful class.
    Archetype Skills: A Duelist gains no additional class skills.
    Archetype Proficiencies: A Duelist gains proficiency with one martial weapon if he does not already possess it.

Archetype Features
    Lesser Archetype Power
    • Advantage Pool (Ex): The duelist has a pool of advantage points that may be spent on a variety of abilities. At the start of each engagement, the Duelist's advantage pool has no points. Every time the duelist makes a successful melee attack, confirms a critical hit with a melee weapon, or drops an opponents to 0 or fewer HP, he gains an advantage point. The pool cannot exceed his level. Points can only be gained from opponents that are not helpless. Unused points expire at the end of the combat and cannot be carried over.
    • Beginner's Gambits (Ex): The Duelist gains access to the following gambits, each cost advantage points and requiring actions per their individual listing. A Duelist cannot use a gambit that requires more advantage points than he has in his advantage pool. The Duelist may use any number of gambits in a round provided he has the actions and advantage pool required. Attacks which benefit from gambits cannot generate advantage points unless otherwise stated.
      Gambits:
      Spoiler
      Show
      Inspired Strike:as part of an attack, the Duelist may spend 1 advantage point to add his highest mental ability modifier as an insight bonus to the attack or damage roll. This damaged is halved against any creature immune to critical hits.

Parry: When targeted by a weapon or natural weapon attack, the Duelist may choose to spend 1 advantage point to make an attack roll. The result of this roll (including all modifiers relevant to the weapon or natural weapon used) may be used in place of the Duelist's AC for the purposes of the triggering attack. The duelist must be aware of the attack to use this gambit. This gambit does not require an action, but must be used before the result of the triggering attack is declared.

Disarm: the Duelist may spend 1 advantage point as part of an attack action to make a disarm attempt. The Duelist does not provoke an attack of opportunity for this attempt and may add his highest mental ability modifier to the check.

Moderate Archetype Power
    • Advanced Gambits (Ex): Additional gambits are available.
      Spoiler
      Show
      Rhythm: The Duelist may spend 2 advantage points as a swift action to make an additional attack at his highest base attack bonus. This ability does not stack with other effects that grant additional attacks such as haste. The additional attack does not grant advantage points.

Piercing Strike: the Duelist may spend 1 advantage point as part of a melee attack to ignore up to twice his highest mental ability modifier of hardness or damage reduction.

Overhead Wrap: the Dueslist may spend 1 point of advantage as part of a melee attack to ignore a target's shield bonus.
    • Flyn's Offense (Ex): the Duelist may make any number of attacks in a given round as touch attacks, forgoing damage but still granting advantage points.

Greater Archetype Power
    • Master Gambits (Ex): The pinnacle of melee skill, the Duelist may now use these additional gambits:
      Spoiler
      Show
      Riposte: After successfully blocking an attack with the Parry Gambit, the Duelist may spend 1 additional advantage point to make an attack of opportunity against his attacker.

Flawless Defense: as the Parry Gambit, but the Duelist may spend 2 additional advantage points and apply to result as touch AC against any targeted attack.

Tempo: The Duelist may spend 3 advantage points as a swift action to take an additional standard action this turn.
    • Bonetti's Defense (Ex): Each round as a move action, the Duelist may grant opponents a +4 to attack and damage against him but cause them provoke an attack of opportunity from the Duelist.

Capstone: A Duelist adds one additional option to her class' capstone ability.
    • Brawler – Capstone Ability Name (Ex/Su/Sp): Description.
    • Gladiator – Capstone Ability Name (Ex/Su/Sp): Description.
    • Sentinel – Bodyguard (Ex): For three rounds the sentinel may use the parry, riposte, and flawless defense gambits against any attack targeting his adjacent ward.

I really like this archetype (and the next one I'm working on) so would really appreciate some feedback. The costs may require tweaking, but I think the mechanics are sound. While the existing classes/archetypes give melee interesting things to do, I wanted to grant an array of options reflecting a skilled master, whether a swashbuckler, knight, or grizzled mercenary. I think it has something to offer any of the base classes.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Well, crap.

I'm about 90% done with my Duelist archetype, but I think yours is better. My only concern is an Expert/Duelist getting double Int to a number of things... I'll have to look at it more closely when I get on my computer later.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Haha!

I could rename it. Blademaster or something?

I took inspiration from all over the place and mushed it together, but I think the result is neat. Many complained about TOB and maneuvers=spells, preparing maneuvers, all of that. This seems more organic, so set up your flashy abilities with solid fundamentals, using your attacks and footwork to unbalance your foe.

The double INT might be a problem, but they have to generate the AP to start with and don't get more on any attack that they use it on. I haven't looked too clsoely at how it interacts with the skil classes, honestly. I've read them, but most of my interest has been on the melee/magic end. Which is funny, 'cause my nex archetype is the Mimic, which will be for skilled classes.

ed - I balanced it without even knowing it. The +mental to attack/damage is an insight bonus, so wouldn't stack with the expert's bonus!
    ooh, maybe a capstone could let you combine insight/advantage pools for a few rounds?
    Last edited by stack; 2013-05-06 at 08:40 AM.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

Actually, I think I'm going to keep everything from your Duelist and put it into mine except for the advantage points. As alluded to in the Gladiator description, I'm going to be writing feat trees for this system that expand different things. I think the advantage point idea is neat enough and generic enough to put it into a Combat feat tree instead of limiting it to a single archetype.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Sad (taking the advantage away), then happy (opening it up for everyone). The mechanic is, in my humble opinion, elegant enough to be worth expanding to everyone.

Can I add a line in my sig - "contributor to Rizban's E6 Compendium"?
    Last edited by stack; 2013-05-06 at 08:43 AM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

If you add it as a link

But, yeah, I don't mind anyone linking to this project or saying they've contributed if they have helped out.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

Here's an archetype stub that I started about a week ago but got distracted and never made it back to finishing. Let's see what the rest of you can come up with for it.

Desperado
    Spoiler
    Show
    The desperado, gunslinger, quick draw, sharpshooter, outlaw. Known by many names, the desperado is a master of gun play.

Prerequisites: Desperado is available to any Combat or Skillful class.
    Archetype Skills: A desperado gains no additional class skills.
    Archetype Proficiencies: A desperado gains proficiency with all crossbows if he does not already possess it.

Archetype Features
    Lesser Archetype Power
    • Gunslinger (Ex): When wielding two crossbows or pistols, a desperado is treated as if he had the Two-Weapon Fighting feat.
    • Greased Lightning (Ex): A desperado gains Quick Draw as a bonus feat, even if he doesn't meet the prerequisites. On any round in which he draws a ranged weapon, he gains a +1 to attack and damage with that weapon against targets within 30 feet.

Moderate Archetype Power
    Greater Archetype Power
    Capstone:

Show