New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Throw ability?

1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Throw ability?

I am designing a ten level prestige class based on Aikido, and a big ability is going to be a "throw" ability, where the character can throw another player he has grappled. I am torn as to how exactly I would like to do this mechanic, and I believe some one else has to have done this before, ad I was curious if anyone could share some collective wisdom. thanks!!
    \"Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.\" -Lord Vishnu

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Throw ability?

Treat the throw just like a bull rush except that you don't have to move with your target to move them more then 5'
    "Sometimes, we’re heroes. Sometimes, we shoot other people right in the face for money."

-Shadowrun 4e, Runner's Companion

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

make it so that you can throw teammates if they willingly want to. . treat it like a charge that doesn't matter about terrain (since they are almost flying). weapons readied against a charge deal the multiplied damage as normal and a thrown rouge can sneak attack the target. imagine a fastball special in D&D
    Quote Originally Posted by knightsaline View Post
    Living Vengeful Gaze of God/Contingent True Resurrection: Kills you, kills itself, True rezzes itself, kills again, kills itself again, true rezzes itself again..........
    "On the other hand, maybe all of this could have been prevented if you had just managed to get laid once in a while. You can't tell me you would have been as tightly wound if you had been getting treasure type O once in a while"

Roxas avatar made by Adghar. The keyblades are Diamond dust and One Winged Angel

4. - Top - End - #4
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

I wonder if this could be used a bit more offensively with teammates... Basically equip character A with a throwing spear, and grab him with B. B throws him say 20ft. and at 15ft. the thrown character launches his spear an additional 20ft.
    I am trying out LPing. Check out my channel here: Triaxx2

6. - Top - End - #6
    Closed Account

If you have Oriental Adventures, and downloaded the errata, the feats Great Throw and Defensive Throw are nice enough. Earth's Embrace is fine, too, to represent locks where you can break your uke's arm. God, that hurts.

Although to completely represent every single nage is hard enough, let alone all the other techniques. The closest thing I have right now is a Swordsage with Setting Sun manuevers. I am eagerly waiting for your class.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Also remember that Aikido is based a lot of turning the momentum of an enemy against them. It should have some abilities that can be used against enemies that are charging or bullrushing you.

Incredibly GAR avatar by Ninja_Chocobo.