New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Tales of Aequar: Runite's Rise IC

"I will see what I can do." The Badger turned back to the parents, bowing down slightly. "I just have a few more questions that would help me find his friends. If they witnessed the murder then they may be hiding. Fear can take some people that way. Could I have a description of these friends and places you know they like to be? May we also have your address, in case we have more questions about Brent?"
    Moved my stuff over to HERE!

2. - Top - End - #272
    Colossus in the Playground

The parents write down their address for Badger. She recognizes the street name; it's close to Canal Street.

Trying to hold back a fresh wave of tears, Brent's mother says, "Yulian's a human, short for a human; he always wears something green, whether it's a shirt or scarf, even in this heat...Ilia is a half-elf, with curly blue hair. They're probably getting something to eat, they've always been so nice..."

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

Elsee casually nods to Artorias pnce he's spoken.

"Eye'll come wethya, et'll be deffrent wethout blood, but eye've been en a few murder scenes, might be able to figure out if it was a surprise or ef there was a struggle and such."
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #274

"Thank you. I am sorry for your loss." With that the Badger left the temple, sliding the note with the address on it into the belt on her pouch.

Stepping outside she relaxed, the temple had always made her feel nervous as though the priests inside could read her like a book. "We are on the lookout for a half-elf and human, they should stand out. Anyone want to help me look?"

5. - Top - End - #275

"I believed I said I would be performing an autopsy?" Jadeite says, folding his arms and raising an eyebrow.

"Uhm...Actually...I might want to go with you. I need to think about it for a moment," Sora says, glancing over nervously at Jadeite.

Spoiler
    Show
    If we're splitting the party three ways, then I feel that having three groups of two might be more efficient, plus it's established that Sora's unnerved by Jadeite. This might change, I need to sleep on it. Also, SILVERRAPTOR, THIS IS YOUR CALL.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2013-03-18 at 11:00 PM.

6. - Top - End - #276

"Well I would be no good, I know people not dead bodies. Alim has always dealt with that. Sora, if you wanted to come along I doubt it would hurt. From the sounds of it I think the friends have a fashion sense up your alley." The Badger examined Sora's fancier clothes and smiled. Somewhere beneath that she knew there lay a fighter.

7. - Top - End - #277

"Great!" Sora says, immediately perking up. "I can't wait to see what the rest of Runite is like, see the oceans, watch the street performers, eat all the food!"

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    Elsee casually nods to Artorias pnce he's spoken.

"Eye'll come wethya, et'll be deffrent wethout blood, but eye've been en a few murder scenes, might be able to figure out if it was a surprise or ef there was a struggle and such."
    "Thank you Elsee and who knows? Even if there isn't blood we might found something interesting there.

Spoiler
    Show
    I wasn't strictly thinking of a 3-way split; but if you are all ok with that why not?
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

9. - Top - End - #279

"Well then, shall we we on our way?" Jadeite is practically brimming with excitement, which for him means shifting his cape more than usual.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll set the stages later tonight.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2013-03-19 at 05:32 PM.

10. - Top - End - #280

The Badger didn't ask or wait for any confirmation from Sora before she grabbed her hand.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just say if you aren't coming with, it is just fluff

"Naga, good boy. Now come on." Cleric in tow she went off in search of Brent's friends near the popular food vendors of the city.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gather Information (1d20+5)[17]

11. - Top - End - #281

Badger and Sora:

Runite's huge, and blue is a fairly common hair color for elves and half-elves...Even with the information Brent's parents gave her, Badger's still got a couple square miles at least to search, and that's assuming Yulian and Ilia stick to their routines. An hour passes, but there's still no definite lead on the two.

"You'd think blue hair would be easier to find," says Sora, stopping a moment, to look into a window. "Ooh, look at these scarves! They've got such beautiful patterns too!"

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm giving you a circumstance bonus because you got more info on Yulian and Ilia, but you need to make more checks. Sorry.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2013-03-19 at 06:54 PM.

12. - Top - End - #282

"Well the people here have some odd fashion choices." The Badger fingered the pouch of henna by her side, she really wasn't one to speak about others hair color. She started talking to passerby's asking if they had seen two young adults, a human wearing green and a half-elf with blue hair.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gather Information (1d20+5)[18]

13. - Top - End - #283

"There's so many different styles! And is that silk from the Southern Islands?"

Some people point out those who fit the description...but none of them are Yulian and Ilia.

Spoiler
    Show
    You need to make 2d4+2 checks, sorry...

14. - Top - End - #284

Elsee and Artorias:

The mercenary guild is quiet during the middle of the day, as most people are out on jobs. However, there's usually somebody on staff, and today is the day that Leif, the boss of the guild, usually catches up on paperwork and other managerial duties.

Jadeite and Alim:

Jadeite had somehow found some time to meet with someone in the labs and academy, as they let him into the clean, very thick-walled building without any trouble. However, the guard watching stops Alim when he sees him.

"You need permission to get past here, goblin."

15. - Top - End - #285

The Badger sighed. All in a day's work, but this day was still rather long. She continued asking around, occasionally backtracking to nod and smile at Sora's windowshopping.

Spoiler
    Show
    Here are a bunch, just take what is needed:
    Gather Information Rolls
    (1d20+5)[13]
    (1d20+5)[10]
    (1d20+5)[13]
    (1d20+5)[9]
    (1d20+5)[7]
    (1d20+5)[13]
    (1d20+5)[17]
    (1d20+5)[6]

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Alim is rather awed by the building, he's been dreaming of getting inside it for years after all. Stopped by the guard he starts and stammers,
    "Oh, I am sorry. I'm with Mr. Nocrius, Jadeite Nocrius, the fellow just there." Alim nervously indicates towards the elf

17. - Top - End - #287

Badger and Sora:

Quote Originally Posted by athedia View Post
    The Badger sighed. All in a day's work, but this day was still rather long. She continued asking around, occasionally backtracking to nod and smile at Sora's windowshopping.
    The two finally decide to just walk up and down Canal Street proper. The area around the canal that gives the street its name is a decidedly working class neighborhood despite the impressive views, and the reason is apparent at first smell.

"Hey, is that them?" Sora asks, pointing into the window of the bakery she's pressed her face against. Looking into the reflection provided by the midday sun, Badger can see a human with a green hat sitting on a bench next to a half elf with tight curls of light blue hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Devmaar View Post
    Alim is rather awed by the building, he's been dreaming of getting inside it for years after all. Stopped by the guard he starts and stammers,
    "Oh, I am sorry. I'm with Mr. Nocrius, Jadeite Nocrius, the fellow just there." Alim nervously indicates towards the elf
    "My apologizes. Alim shall be assisting me with my research today," Jadeite smoothly says, sliding a piece of paper over to the guard.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff: (d20+7)[24] (Paperwork marking him as a graduate student and a Nocrius gives him a +4 circumstance bonus, is this okay?)

The guard nods and hands the sheets back to Jadeite. "Of course, go right in."
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2013-03-19 at 08:49 PM.

18. - Top - End - #288

Alim and Jadeite:

The laboratories are huge and span at least three floors, but Jadeite somehow avoids getting lost and manages to find the autopsy room within a few minutes. Several preserving jars are lined up on shelves, and in the middle of the room, Brent's body is lying on a wooden table, having been delivered a few minutes before.

Jadeite immediately beings inspecting the halfling's body and possessions, which are lying in a tin. He then picks up a scissor and scalpel. "Are you ready, Alim?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Devmaar, the way this is going to work is that you pick what you want to inspect, and I'll have you take 20 on the search check, and do the same for Jadeite. Then I'll list what, if anything, we find, in a RP-appropriate sense, of course. You might find the useful bits on the first try, it might take you much longer. But this should be fun, and don't be afraid to talk to Jadeite in the meantime.

19. - Top - End - #289

"Good eye. Although..." The Badger turned around and twirled Sora with her. "I would say that was their reflections."

Striding over to the seated friends she held out a hand. "Hello, names Badger and this is my friend. Love your hat by the way."

20. - Top - End - #290

Badger and Sora

"I'm Sora," the cleric says, bouncing over before catching herself, remembering the grim reason they're there.

The human and half-elf stand up; the half-elf notices Sora's change in demeanor. "Uh...Hi. I'm Ilia, and this is Yulian," she says.

"Thanks," Yulian says in a deep voice, taking Badger's offered hand. "Love your tattoos too."

Ilia tilts her head. "Do you need anything? Are you lost?"

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Elsee and Artorias:

The mercenary guild is quiet during the middle of the day, as most people are out on jobs. However, there's usually somebody on staff, and today is the day that Leif, the boss of the guild, usually catches up on paperwork and other managerial duties.
    Elsee bit her lip as she looked around the building, looked like the woman who had found the body wasn't around anymore, probably not surprising now that she thought about it, must have taken a job or a day off to get her mind off of things. Her eyes glanced in the direction of the Boss' office, if she was right he'd still be here, might know where the woman went, couldn't hurt to at least ask right?

Elsee silently motioned for Artorias to follow her as she began heading in the direction of Leif's office, not even waiting for confirmation that he was with her as she walked. The door was closed, but Elsee let herself in regardless, walking right on up to Leif's desk and jumping up to grab onto the ledge, her arms folded underneath her chest as she held herself above the ground fairly easily due to her lighter weight. A wicked grin crossed her face as she stared at Leif, her position giving her the appearance of being unusually tall for a goblin.

" 'Sub boss? "
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #292

Elsee and Artorias:

Leif is completely unfazed; only his lowered files indicate that he pays attention to the goblin. He brushes some light brown hair out of his eyes, flips over a sheet, and says, "Elsee, what is it?"
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2013-03-19 at 11:41 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

Elsee continues to grin wickedly as the leans in forwards to give him a better view of her and to ease the strain on her arms by shifting more weight onto her upper torso and allowing her legs to float in the air behind her.

" We were 'jus wonderin, if ya know where a fellow guildmember es right now, we kinda took an unofficial job from her after she found some ked dead in an ally with no flesh wounds 'er anythin, we need 'ta ask her where the heck she found the kid so we can check it out ourselves. Figure she might'uve took the day off 'er some kinda high-focus job to keep her mind off it, think you can help us? "

Spoiler
    Show

Not sure wich is more appropriate, strength or balance, so i'll roll one of each and let you decide.

Stregth check: (d20+1)[18]

Balance check: (d20+3)[17)

Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2013-03-20 at 12:20 AM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #294

Elsee and Artorias:

Elsee has little trouble keeping her balance, though she's perched on just her hands.

Lief rubs his chin. "Oh, that...Yeah, Mika told me about that; she's probably in her room or in a restaurant nearby, told me she was taking the day off. I hope she's up for our life."
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2013-03-20 at 08:54 AM.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

Artorias just watches amusedly at Elsee's antics

"Great,thank you boss, will go see her"
    Just call me Dusk

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

Elsee's grin remains wide as she listens to her boss. nodding her head in understanding once he and Artorias had both finished speaking.

"Sounds like a start! Thanks for the help boss!"

Elsee gave a wink and a kissing motion with her lips before pushing herself off the desk and allowing herself to fall to the ground, catching herself as her feet made contact with the floor once more and quickly scampering over to Artorias' side.

"Whenever your ready big guy!"
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

"After you lil' gal" Artorias does a mock bow at the goblin girl and follows her with the intention to find Mika and hopefully the crime scene.
    Just call me Dusk

28. - Top - End - #298

Elsee and Artorias

Leif just rolls his eyes and sighs. As they leave the office, Elsee can hear the boss shout after her, "And can you please clean your room? Some of the other mercs are starting to complain about the smell!"

After a few minutes of searching, they can find Mika in the armory, polishing and sharpening her longsword. She looks up at their entrance and asks, "What is it? If it's sword polish, you can borrow some of mine," gesturing to her bag.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2013-03-20 at 01:01 PM.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

"Thank you; but we are not here for that... the boy you found, well he was a halfling and we managed to find his parents. Jadeite and Alim are studying the body to see what they can find. Elsee and me were wondering if you remember where you found the body?"
    Just call me Dusk

30. - Top - End - #300

Mika closes her eyes for a moment, then squeezes them tighter as she tries to remember.

"Let's see...It was by the Bogs, not in the Bogs, but kinda close by. He was in an alleyway close to a bar...Dammit, I can't remember the name right now, but--oh! Yes! I do remember that they had really cheap drinks and were open late; my partners and I were going to go there after our shifts ended, but then we found that kid, and...yeah."

She opens her eyes and looks up. "That's all I can remember right now...sorry..."