New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Tales of Aequar: Runite's Rise IC

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Elsee and Alim:

"Thank you," Alim says. "We'll let you know whatever happens, even if the Watch wants to keep us in the dark."

As they leave he turns to Elsee and asks, "Where do you think we should go next? To the orcs or the drow?" He's got a suspicion, but it's better to bounce ideas off of somebody else first.
    Elsee shruged at the question, not realy knowing what to say besides the obvious.

"Everythin is tellin me it's Drow work, or at least framed to be Drow work. Hell the whole idea was to check them out in the first place, so 'm puttin my vote there."
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #512
    Colossus in the Playground

Elsee and Alim:

"That's what I'm thinking too. To the temple of Erikaf then," says Alim, pointing out the way. The sky's noticeably darker and...yellower than it was just an hour ago.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'd post more, but I need to go to sleep. Night, and I'll continue in the morning!
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2013-04-03 at 12:05 AM.

3. - Top - End - #513

Elsee and Alim:

The temple to Erikaf is much more open than the one to Golek. It seems to rise from the ground and places are open for the wind to blow through, yet no rain or dirt can get inside. The place is clean and the wind whistles through special slots. It's beautiful yet haunting and gives the impression that someone is watching, that one must remain on guard.

The temple is busy, with clerics offering blessings to worshippers, nearly all drow.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Firbolg in the Playground

The Badger looked over the notes. "Hmm, daggers seem the most likely of all of these. Do you remember what Cecil wanted his rapier enchanted with? That may be important. I would ignore the saddle, but out of curiosity, what were the measurements he wanted, more knowledge never hurts. And people need weapons repaired all the time, I doubt what we saw would shatter a sword."

She flipped through the notes again. "Wait, which ones were Plavs? We have a theory and knowing that could narrow down the search even more. I can track any of these people down, if they are still in the city, but having a narrowed search would help me."

5. - Top - End - #515

Badger and Artorias:

Artorias' father scratches his head for a moment. "Cecil didn't specify, and I'm not sure if he even had the money for something basic; to be honest he seemed pretty scruffy."

He passes his son a copy of the measurements, saying as he does so, "I have no idea what he's trying to ride with a saddle like that, but it's definitely not a horse."

Finally, he says. "Hm...Yes. Demetri's a half-orc and Cecil's a half-drow. They both came a few weeks ago. Now that was a tough sword to fix, but I did it in just a couple days, better than new!"

Spoiler
    Show
    The murder happened a couple days ago.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Titan in the Playground

"I really hope it wasn't a Plav; things are ugly enough as they are"
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

7. - Top - End - #517

Badger and Artorias:

His father grimaces. "It would have to be a damned fool Plav to do that; putting his whole community's neck on the line for some grudge."

8. - Top - End - #518

"Well I do want to check on the enchantment especially since he is Drow, shouldn't be too hard to find information. The sword though, probably tried to use it as a toothpick.

Cecil and Natasha are the only two I am concerned about, I will try to find more information on them."

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, Badger is a little bit insensitive

Badger shook Artorias's father's hand, thanking him before walking out toward the street. She thought about local stores or mages that could offer weapon enchantments.

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge Local (1d20+5)[12]

9. - Top - End - #519

Badger and Artorias:

There's dozens of magic shops throughout the city, but many of them are clustered a few blocks north. You obviously don't know which one he decided to patronize though. Still, a scruffy-looking half-drow shouldn't be too hard to ask information about.

"Pleasure to meet you," Artorias' father says, giving Badger a very firm shake in return.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ready to do some Urban Tracking? Just tell who you're searching for and roll. Is it fair if I say you can only efficiently search for one of the four at a time, and searching for several at once would give a penalty to the check? If not, please say so.

Also, I find the mental image of someone using a rapier as a toothpick to be hilarious.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2013-04-03 at 07:55 PM.

10. - Top - End - #520

Spoiler
    Show
    I was referring to the short sword actually and the cause of it's breaking.

Stepping out into the city air again, the Badger took a deep breath, and quickly regretted it. The fumes from the forge, though familiar to many people made her cough even out here. Catching her breath she looked around."Might as well start with Cecil, the magic shops are near enough and he will probably be easier to find."

Spoiler
    Show
    Gather Information (1d20+5)[9]

11. - Top - End - #521

Badger and Artorias:

The two get disoriented for a few minutes, but soon find their way. The first of several shops appears to deal nearly entirely in potions and scrolls, with no devices for enchanting weapons in sight.

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, that makes the visual even funnier. And sorry, you need to make more than one roll.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Titan in the Playground

Artorias allows himself to smirk a little as The Badger coughs from the fumes"First thing you learn when working on a forge, breathing in deeply is usually a bad idea"

Thinking back on his days as errand boy Artorias tries to remember which is the nearest magic shop to his family's forge

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+2)[13] K:Local to aid another on the Badger's knowledge check, she has it trained, I don't.
    Also I suggest people to start taking 10 when not in a hurry, it is an awesome help at low levels.

Just call me Dusk

13. - Top - End - #523

Badger and Artorias:

Artorias knows there's a cluster of magic shops several blocks north.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2013-04-03 at 08:40 PM.

14. - Top - End - #524

Spoiler
    Show
    Can you take 10 on gather information and knowledge? I didn't think you could.

And just use as many of these as needed from top down.

(1d20+5)[17]
    (1d20+5)[8]
    (1d20+5)[24]
    (1d20+5)[16]
    (1d20+5)[20]

15. - Top - End - #525

Badger and Artorias:

The third shop they encounter is rather large, with shelves of items of all prices and types. And there's a sign advertising an arms enchanter employed by the store. Cecil probably went here.

Spoiler
    Show
    Working on an OOC post, just give me a moment and I'll elaborate on this. Sorry!

16. - Top - End - #526

Badger and Artorias:

One of the shop-keepers, a spry half-elf with curly pink hair props himself up on the counter and waves at the two mercenaries. "Hello!" he nearly shouts. "You looking for a good deal today? Weapons sharpened, shields spelled, a couple wands or scrolls or magic potions to chug? You need it, we've got it!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry about the OOC thread. I was just struck with the horror of the recursive loop and oh god I can't escape it.

17. - Top - End - #527

"Actually we are looking for some information. I saw you do enchantments here. Did a scruffy half-drow come in here in the past week, looking to enchant a rapier?" The Badger looked around, the place held items that would be of little use to her, and the ones that would were far to expensive for her tastes.

18. - Top - End - #528

Badger and Artorias:

The half-elf seems to roll over on his arm, tapping his lips with his index finger rapidly before saying, "Actually, I did! Came here about a week and a half back, still surprised he could pay for it at all. But he did, and still had more than enough left over for a nice enchanted cloak!" He seems proud at the sale he had made.

19. - Top - End - #529

He had money? Then why did he look so bad... That is certainly odd The Badger paused in her thoughts. "Would you be able to tell me the enchantment he got? And just out of curiosity what kind of cloak was it?"

20. - Top - End - #530
    Titan in the Playground

Artorias decides to leave the questioning to the Badger, meanwhile he just browsed looking for anything that might catch his attention.

Spoiler
    Show

Just a general action, I am currently looking at my books for some cheap magic items that might come in handy

Just call me Dusk

21. - Top - End - #531

Badger and Artorias:

The half-elf shrugs, sending his bubblegum-pink curls bouncing with the movement. "Just your basic enchantment, nothing really fancy or expensive. Same with the cloak, it's the kind that makes your mind and body and reflexes tougher, but he couldn't get a seriously boosted one. Still, something's better than nothing! Let me tell you, I've got a cloak like that, saved my rear more than once. Sure you don't want one for yourself?"

Dusk sees an awful lot of things on the shelves, and quite a bit reasonably priced as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    He's talking about a +1 rapier and a +1 cloak of resistance, like the kind Natalia gave Mithril off the dead guy after the choker.

Dusk, you looking for anything in particular? Odds are they have it but let me see first.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2013-04-03 at 09:27 PM.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Badger and Artorias:

The half-elf shrugs, sending his bubblegum-pink curls bouncing with the movement. "Just your basic enchantment, nothing really fancy or expensive. Same with the cloak, it's the kind that makes your mind and body and reflexes tougher, but he couldn't get a seriously boosted one. Still, something's better than nothing! Let me tell you, I've got a cloak like that, saved my rear more than once. Sure you don't want one for yourself?"

Dusk sees an awful lot of things on the shelves, and quite a bit reasonably priced as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    He's talking about a +1 rapier and a +1 cloak of resistance, like the kind Natalia gave Mithril off the dead guy after the choker.

Dusk, you looking for anything in particular? Odds are they have it but let me see first.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was thinking on a couple of potions of Enlarge Person preferably at CL 1 though (they are cheaper and even with 1 minute duration they will be useful for most fights.
    Just call me Dusk

23. - Top - End - #533

The Badger rubbed her fingers together. "Little cost prohibative. But I have heard tell of some spells that could be useful, sell any Mending spells recently? I have heard they can really patch up clothes and I have been told to check them out."

24. - Top - End - #534

Badger and Artorias:

There's a whole aisle of potions, several dozen of which appear to be potions of Enlarge Person.

"Of course! Scroll, potion, or wand? We've got a cleaning kit available, at very reasonable prices too. Your Mending, Prestidigitation, and Mage Hand spells in neat wand form, guaranteed lower prices than our competitors! Oh man was Scruffy upset when he heard that."

An man walks into the store and goes to the scroll aisle, then begins leafing through all of them.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2013-04-03 at 09:35 PM.

25. - Top - End - #535

"Wait. Scruffy, the man I was asking about, he wanted a mending scroll?" The Badger lowered her voice, trying to keep the man who had walked in from hearing her conversation.

26. - Top - End - #536

Badger and Artorias:

"Uhm, no," the half-elf says, suddenly getting nervous. "Uh, why are you asking?"

The man picks up a scroll, strides over to the half-elf, and drops it on the counter along with a sack of money.

"Okay, is this enough for it? Come on, it's gotta be enough!"

The half-elf opens up his wallet, counts the gold, then shakes his head and says, "Sorry, you're still short."

27. - Top - End - #537

The Badger shrugged "Thought if he did then this would be the place to come for them. I am not that great at sewing so I have been thinking about getting some spells. Just wondered because he bought some other nice sounding things, but those are far out of my price range." She wandered over to Artorias, gesturing for him to pay attention to the shopkeeper and the man. Looking at various potions she attempted to listen to the conversation.

Spoiler
    Show
    Listen check: (1d20+8)[23]

28. - Top - End - #538

Badger and Artorias:

The man isn't even trying to lower his voice with the shopkeeper.

"Come on, please! You know me, just this once, I promise to pay it back!"

"Look, I'm sorry, but you're almost a hundred gold short. The boss'll have my head if I'm short that much."

"Please! I'll work off the debt, I'll sell you my sheets! I need this scroll!" He's begging at this point.

The half-elf sighs. "Feliks, I'm sorry, but I can't. Look, why can't you just go to a temple and ask a cleric to cast this spell for you?"

Feliks quickly shakes his head. "I-I can't. I just can't. Please, I need this scroll, and I need it now."

29. - Top - End - #539

The Badger nudged Artorias and wandered over to the man. "What seems to be the problem? She tried to get a glimpse of the scroll he was trying to purchase. "Could I help? It seems a shame for someone to be in debt over a scroll."

30. - Top - End - #540

Badger and Artorias:

Feliks seems both piteous and hopeful as he looks at Badger. "I...It's just, I had enough to pay for this, but I got robbed yesterday and had the last bit of money stolen from me. I need this scroll, I really need it."

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot check please?