New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Tales of Aequar: Runite's Rise IC

"You heard the boss guys, let's go"As soon as the guildmaster tells them to go, Artorias walks towards the door, making sure to take his glaive from the weapon rack but when he hears him mentioning the Necro boy
    "You too elf"He takes the surprised Elf by the should and begins to drag him with him.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am assuming no; but do the Bogs count as being inside the city fro the purpose of the non-lethal enforcement?

I hope you don't mind Jaedite being manhandled a bit; but the mental image is just too funny to not try

Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

2. - Top - End - #62
    Colossus in the Playground

"Wait, unhand me--!" Jade struggles but is unable to break free of Artorias' grip.

The Bogs:

As the party leaves the city proper the air itself seems to get thicker as buildings are replaced by low-hanging trees. Paved cobblestone roads give way to dirt paths soggy with marsh water that squishes with every step. Mosquitoes buzz around the group and will only get worse as dusk falls; little shops take advantage and sell citronella sticks to anyone passing by. The area is stacked up on top of itself, and run down, the difference between here and the city center is start. This is where the poorest and Plavaan live, and often the terms are synonymous.

And yet, even here, there are pumps and wells that give clean water.

Dusk falls and the party encounters little trouble that threatens to escalate. However, as they pass a tavern, they hear shouting and loud noise inside...

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

"Shut up! I'm trying to listen" Artorias walks closer to the tavern and tries to hear what is going on in the tavern.

Spoiler
    Show
    Listen Check (1d20+6)[14]
    Just call me Dusk

4. - Top - End - #64

It's too loud for conversation, at least normal conversation, even with lots of people inside, and there's definitely a hostile tone to the shouts. Beyond that, it's hard to make out anything specific.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Sora looks between Artorias and the tavern. While curious to whats going on, she doesn't say anything as per the order.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Elsee grunts as she looks around at the others, rolling her eyes again at their confusion.

Et's just a bunch of Drow and Orcs and stuff being pissed off about the earlier drama. Do we Really need to go en there?
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

We should at least take a look Alim is nervously touching his sling as he speaks

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Elsee grunted a bit in vague acknowledgement.

Fiiine, but it'd probably be safer for just us goblins to go inside. The taller ones should probably either hide or bail so anyone else going in won't suspect the wrong intentions.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ok"

Looking back at the others, "We'll call if we need you"

10. - Top - End - #70

The bar quiets down as Alim and Elsee walk in, then resumes its loud volume once its patrons see that it's only two goblins. There's nearly twenty Plavaan in the bar, mostly orcs and goblins, though there are several hobgoblins, a few drow, and a couple half-orcs. Nearly half of them are leaning around the counter, downing beer and shouting at each other.

There's space for Alim and Elsee to sit by the counter, next to a hobgoblin and a half orc with tensing muscles, or they can sit at one of the two empty tables in the back. Regardless, they hear two groups of orcs hurl profanity-laden assessments of the day's vote back and forth.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Elsee turned her attention to Alim and quirked an eyebrow as she rested a hand on her hip, a "well now what?" expression across her face.

"Well? We're inside. What ded we learn from this?"
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2013-03-04 at 10:13 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Alim mutters his response, not wanting to be overheard

"Well, it won't take much to set this lot off, but as long as no city-types show up it should be fine...

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Elsee lowers her voice to keep herself from being heard by any but Alim.

"You mean the city-types we just came here with? This thing is sounding more and more like a waste of time, boss probly just made things worse by sending us here."
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

"You might be right. Anyway, we probably won't find anywhere we're needed less than this lace. Best move on."

15. - Top - End - #75

"Rough day, huh?" the bartender, a gruff hobgoblin says to the two goblins. "Need a drink? Wouldn't give too many more, though, or--HEY! KNOCK IT OFF!" he shouts to the five orcs at the other end of the bar, who slammed their mug into table hard enough to crack the glass.

"Ha! Weak mug, weak like *hic!* yer beer!" one of them shouts. The others laugh after a moment.

"Betcha were crying into it, huh?"

"Pff!" a goblin snorts, sitting close to Alim and Elsee. "I saw ya earlier today! More snot than a baby!"

The large orc stands up and staggers over to the goblin, picking him up and pinning him against the wall. "Wanna go, bud?"
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2013-03-04 at 10:33 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Elsee grinned wickedly as the conflict in front of her sparked an idea in her tiny little mind, oh she'd solve the threat of riot alright. Out of the blue Elsee grabbed at Alim's shoulder and pulled her face close to his ear, whispering into it while doing her best to ensure it looked as tender as possible.

Thenk they just gave me an idea, gemmie a minute here, might wanna get outta the way, tell the others not to worry, eye got thes.

Without waiting for a response Elsee hoped down from her stool and scampered over to the end of the bar the angry Orc had originated from, scanning the remaining four for the drunkest one she could find. Once she found her target, she scanned the rest of the building, her eyes lighting up and a toothy grin crossing her face as she eyed a male Drow speaking to two others at a table not too far away. Elsee put on her best "scared/worried" face and tugged on the Orc's pant leg, pointing to the Drow she had spotted earlier.

"Oe ded you hear that!? That guy just said he didn't want our gerl as a senator anyway! Can you beleive that!?"

Elsee's heart raced in her chest as adreniline filled her blood, if this worked, she'd get the Plavaan fighting amongst themselves and wearing themselves out too much to riot. if it didn't... this was a pretty big Orc.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Following Elsee's warning Alim hurries outside and back to the others.

"Elsee says she's got an idea and we shouldn't worry. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty worried."
    Last edited by Devmaar; 2013-03-04 at 10:58 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Firbolg in the Playground

The Badger knelt down outside the tavern. With a quick order Naga stood guard near her as she pulled her bow out of the quiver and strung it. Anyone watching would see the bow, a good double the quivers size, slide smoothly out of one of the three slots on top. Checking the tension she pulled an arrow out and adjusted the arrow on the top.

"Necro boy, you good at a distance or up close? Sora, Art. Stand by for any fliers, I don't think those two will manage to stop this bar from going mad."

At Alim's arrival the Badger gritted her teeth. Elsee and her ideas had saved them before, but had also landed them in hot water. "Thanks, get ready."
    Last edited by Athedia; 2013-03-04 at 11:01 PM.
    Moved my stuff over to HERE!

19. - Top - End - #79

"WHAT?!" the orc roars in Elsee's face before turning around and stomping off, rage building as he approaches the drow. The hapless youth turns around to see a ferocious snarling drunken orc fall into a frenzy...

Outside:

Artorias, Badger, Sora, and Jadeite are interrupted by a loud crash of shattering glass as a young drow is hurled through the window and onto the ground outside. A bellowing roar is heard from within the tavern, as outside the drow weakly groans.

Spoiler
    Show
    Orc's raging. Congrats, you pissed off a barbarian. :smallwink

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

"And that es my cue to ditch this Popsicle stand."

Sure enough Elsee booked it out of the bar as fast as her little legs could carry her, all the while cupping her hands to her mouth and shouting "HE'S OUT OF CONTROL! GET HEM!"

Once outside, Elsee looks at the Drow on the ground, then to her party, with a grin she gives a double thumbs-up and speaks in a more casual tone.

"That outta keep 'em occupied! Riot averted!... Better run now!"
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81

The Badger shouted over the roar of the tavern. "It isn't averted! It just got started. That orc could really hurt those people, even kill them." She narrowed her eyes and took aim through the broken window. As she did so she tried to note if the fallen drow needed medical attention.
    Last edited by Athedia; 2013-03-04 at 11:10 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82

Initiative:

Spoiler
    Show
    Jadeite: (d20+2)[14]
    Artorias: (d20+2)[20]
    Sora: (d20+2)[15]
    Badger: (d20+3)[9]
    Elsee: (d20+4)[24]
    Alim: (d20+3)[20]
    Orcs: (d20)[19]
    Hobgoblins: (d20+1)[5]
    Goblins: (d20+2)[19]
    Drow: 20

Block:
    Elsee
    Alim and Artorias
    Orcs, goblins, and drow
    Sora and Jadeite
    Badger
    Hobgoblins
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2013-03-04 at 11:16 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Elsee rolled her eyes again and put both hands on her hips as she tilted her head in a "Really?" expression.

"Ya don't get et do ya? Boss wanted us to stop a riot goin against the you-types, so i got 'em fightin amongst themselves! Put the dang bow down and don't give 'em a target! They gotta rage to let 'em rage! at least here they'd be doin it to themselves and getting too beat up to attack the city!"
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84

"Really?" Jadeite asks as he casts a shimmering armor over his robes with a few swift gestures. "And if their rage spills out of this bar, or if somebody dies? Congratulations, you have turned a spat into a fight. Now I feel we must intervene."

Spoiler
    Show
    Jadeite casts mage armor, still has a move action left. We're on pre-initiative here, assume the fight in the bar is still going and initiative only matters once we wade in.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2013-03-04 at 11:18 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

"For the love of... "Artoria resist the urge to facepalm, he quickly enters the tavern to see what in the 9 hells happened and when he sees the raging orc , "Bullcrap""Wth one swift movement he removes a little leather bag from his sash "Hope this works" he mutters to himself as he throws the bag at the orc.

Spoiler
    Show

Edit: It seems I misunderstood the situation I though the orc was alo outside, in any case instead I move into the tavern before throwing the tanglefoot bag.
    This is on my turn, I take the Tanglefoot bag as a free action (Quick Draw) and use a standard action to throw it at the orc, depening on what happens I may or not may take my move action.
    Range Touch Attack (1d20+4)[22]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tanglefoot Bag
    When you throw a tanglefoot bag at a creature (as a ranged touch attack with a range increment of 10 feet), the bag comes apart and the goo bursts out, entangling the target and then becoming tough and resilient upon exposure to air. An entangled creature takes a -2 penalty on attack rolls and a -4 penalty to Dexterity and must make a DC 15 Reflex save or be glued to the floor, unable to move. Even on a successful save, it can move only at half speed. Huge or larger creatures are unaffected by a tanglefoot bag. A flying creature is not stuck to the floor, but it must make a DC 15 Reflex save or be unable to fly (assuming it uses its wings to fly) and fall to the ground. A tanglefoot bag does not function underwater.

A creature that is glued to the floor (or unable to fly) can break free by making a DC 17 Strength check or by dealing 15 points of damage to the goo with a slashing weapon. A creature trying to scrape goo off itself, or another creature assisting, does not need to make an attack roll; hitting the goo is automatic, after which the creature that hit makes a damage roll to see how much of the goo was scraped off. Once free, the creature can move (including flying) at half speed. A character capable of spellcasting who is bound by the goo must make a DC 15 Concentration check to cast a spell. The goo becomes brittle and fragile after 2d4 rounds, cracking apart and losing its effectiveness. An application of universal solvent to a stuck creature dissolves the alchemical goo immediately.

Last edited by Dusk Eclipse; 2013-03-04 at 11:27 PM.
    Just call me Dusk

26. - Top - End - #86

The raging orc barely has time to turn around before the bag splatters all over him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex: (d20+1)[4]

He's taken by surprise and stuck fast. The bar goes dead silent at Artorias' arrival. Still raging, the orcish barbarian shouts, "GET HIM!!!" as his three friends pick up their chairs and rush Artorias...
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2013-03-04 at 11:31 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Elsee snorts and crosses her arms over her gut, one hand cautiosly gripping the hilt of a kurkri as she glances through the window of the bar.

"They won't die unless you go en there, they're all probably too drunk or stupid to wield a weapon -which the probably don't even have- properly for one thing, and even ef they DO manage to off someone, so what? Maybe they'll realize getting pissed off that some check didn't get to dit in a fancy chair is freaking stupid."
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88

The Badger grumbled but sheathed her bow and arrow. In their place she hefted one of the small axes that where sheathed on her hips. "Doesn't matter if they fight us, as long as no-one gets badly hurt."

Spoiler
    Show
    Will edit once I know what my heal came up with.
    Last edited by Athedia; 2013-03-04 at 11:33 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

After everything that happened, Sora is panicking. She seems to be jumping on the tips of her toes and her voice has raised in both volume and pitch.
    "Oh Goddess! Oh Goddess! Oh Goddess!"

Her instincts finally kicked in and she rushed over to the drow that was unconscious on the road. She placed her left hand over the amulet of Astrid around her neck and her right arm over the Drow's forehead. In her mind, she focused on the magic prepared by her goddess. Finally, taking the charge of Detect Magic, she converted it in her mind as the spell began to come forth from her amulet and spread down her arm.
    "Cure Minor Wound!"
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

"Bullcrap" Artorias draws his Glaive (free action) and prepares himself.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll just take another free action to have the glaive out, which gives me a 10 ft. threatend space so each Barbarian will take a AoO to the face if they come 10 ft neat me (and I have 3 AoO per roun thanks to Combat reflexes)
    Just call me Dusk