Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Pathfinder Warforged
- Join Date
- Feb 2013
I was given a challenge by my groups GM to come up with a way to convert the Warforged race into the pathfinder format and this is what I have come up with so far.
Warforged Racial Traits
+2 Strength, +2 Constitution, and -2 Charisma Warforged are strong and sturdy but due to their unique nature they tend to have a harder time interacting with both the living races and the Constructs they were based off of.
Medium: Warforged are medium creatures and have non bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Light Fortification: When a critical hit or sneak attack is scored on a warforged, there is a 25% chance that the critical hit or sneak attack is negated and damage is instead rolled normally.
Slam Attack: A warforged has a natural weapon in the form of a slam attack that deals 1d4 points of damage.
Living Construct Subtype: Warforged are constructs with the living construct subtype. A living construct is a created being given sentience and free will through powerful and complex creation enchantments. Warforged are living constructs who combine aspects of both constructs and living creatures.
Composite Plating: Upon a warforged creation a Warforged is made from different Materials thus making their body their armor. This plating is not natural armor and does not stack with other effects that give an armor bonus (other than natural armor). This composite plating occupies the same space on the body as a suit of armor or a robe, and thus a warforged cannot benefit from the effects of magic armor or magic robes. Composite plating can gain a magic enhancement bonus and magic armor properties as armor can, using the Craft Magic Arms and Armor feat. The character must be present for the entire time it takes to add this enhancement. In addition, spells and infusions that normally target armor, such as magic vestment and armor enhancement, can be cast with the composite plating of a warforged character as the target. Though some warforged are often made without this plating. At character creation a player must choose what sort of composite plating their warforged is made with, and once chosen this cannot be changed.
- Adamantine Body: At the cost of mobility, your warforged body can be crafted with a layer of adamantine that provides formidable protective armor and some damage reduction Your armor bonus is +8 and you gain damage reduction 2/adamantine. However, your base land speed is reduced to 20 feet, and you are considered to be wearing heavy armor. You have a +1 maximum Dexterity bonus to AC, a –5 penalty on all skill checks to which armor check penalties apply and an arcane spell failure chance of 35%
- Ironwood Body: Your body is crafted with a layer of hard ironwood that cushions blows. Your armor bonus increases to +3 and you gain damage reduction 2/slashing. You are considered to be wearing light armor, and have a +4 maximum Dexterity bonus to AC, a –3 penalty on all skill checks to which armor check penalties apply and an arcane spell failure chance of 20%.
- Mithral Body: Your warforged body can be crafted with a layer of mithral that provides some protection without hindering speed or gracefulness. Your armor bonus is increased to +5 and you are considered to be wearing light armor. You now have a +5 maximum Dexterity bonus to AC, a –2 penalty on all skill checks to which armor check penalties apply and an arcane spell failure chance of 15%.
- Unarmored Body: Your body is crafted without its normal layer of armor, trading off physical strength for magical potential. You lose the normal armor bonus and light fortification common to warforged characters, but you have no inherent chance of arcane spell failure and can wear armor or magic robes and gain their full effects.
Body Tracery: On top of their armored bodies a Warforged in often constructed with a secondary Metal that gives them unique strengths based on their secondary metal. This metal must be chosen at character creation and cannot be changed.
- Cold Iron Tracery: The Cold-forged iron that runs through your body allows you to overcome the supernatural defenses of certain creatures and protecting against some magical attacks. Your natural weapons and grapple checks made to deal damage are treated as cold iron weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction. You also gain a +1 bonus on Will saves against spells and spell-like abilities.
- Silver Tracery: Alchemical silver tracery covers your body, allowing you to
overcome the supernatural defenses of certain creatures and protecting against some magical attacks. t: Your natural weapons and your grapple checks made to deal damage are treated as silvered weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction. As well, you gain a +1 bonus on Fortitude saves against spells and spell-like abilities.
Construct Lock: Due to their unique ties to Constructs Warforged have a knowledge of construct nature that allows them to deal extra damage to or even immobilize such foes. A warforged character gain a +2 bonus on damage rolls against creatures with the construct type (including living constructs). If you roll a critical threat against a construct, you can forego the confirmation roll to make another attack roll using the same modifier. If this second attack also hits and deals at least 1 point of damage, the construct must succeed on a Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 your character level + your Con modifier) or be rendered immobile and helpless for 1 round (as if it had been paralyzed).
Languages: Warforged begin play speaking Common. Warforged with high intelligence scores can choose any languages they want (Except secret languages such as druidic)
Ok so obviously I have converted some of their racial feats into racial features. I will admit at the moment I am torn if I should leave the -2 Cha or change it to -2 Wis. I will also be converting their other feats into alternate racial features as well as converting warforged prestige classes over to pathfinder but that will take some time. So any thoughts? Suggestions? Inputs?
Last edited by terrymcginnis; 2013-03-03 at 09:33 PM.