Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Question Can I start up monster competitions again?

Hi Im inuyasha, I know I post alot but I want to know, can I start up the monster competitions again that were hosted by the great and powerful vorpaltribble. Is this breaking some sort of rule, and what rules are there that come with this responsibility. And last but not least, would i start at the number he left at or do i start over again.

P.S. if I do start these up again, who would have fun with them?
    Come post a magic item to show that not all unique items are immensely powerful tools of the gods!
    Jester of The Rudisplorkers Guild!!

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    ..What have I done..? What have you done? That poor lantern archon..

trophies
    The photo got removed, but I'm a silver trophy winner of Pathfinder Grab Bag XII: of Dungeons and Dragons

2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned

Default Re: Can I start up monster competitions again?

Can I start up the monster competitions again Friendly Banter.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

I don't think it's breaking a rule but it's a lot of work.
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

I already posted this in friendly banter but they said to come here for a more gaming oriented crowd but im going to check my thread there as well for responses :p
    Come post a magic item to show that not all unique items are immensely powerful tools of the gods!

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies
    The photo got removed, but I'm a silver trophy winner of Pathfinder Grab Bag XII: of Dungeons and Dragons

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ages ago I restarted Duke of URL's Gestalt Build Challenges and no one objected. I never really got them up to the level he had, but they were still fun. So go for it.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

As far as I know, anyone can post a contest. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm up for critiquing like I used to. I still love monsters but don't have the same amount of time available. Plus, I'm a bit rusty these days.

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Please, go for it!

I might even enter...
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

ok so would i start that today or at the very end of the month? (if i wanted to start it today )

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha View Post
    ok so would i start that today or at the very end of the month? (if i wanted to start it today )
    Either the end of the month or give people all of this month and most of the next to craft their entry since it might be a little slow to start up? OTOH that second one might lose some of the urgency.

I would at least pick your theme, picture, and find a few examples of pre-existing homebrew that could have been a contest entry in theory. Note the rules for image usage on the board since I think they have become more strict recently.

Anyway, the point is, take your time and get it right while you have time, because if you keep going with this, you are probably going to want to do it right the first time.

Actually, I have an idea for how you could do the first time around in a shorter time-frame and maybe have it work. I'll PM you.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha View Post
    I'm sure it wouldn't be a big deal if you started now and gave until April 4th, then on the next one you could go until May 3rd, and so on until July 1st (when it would start normally again) if you're concerned about landing it on the first of every month. It also wouldn't be a big deal if you just gave a month starting now (April 5th, May 5th, etc.). It's not like the 1st of every month is the sacred day of contests.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).