New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Default PbtA (and Adjacent) Interest Check

I'm a big big fan of PbtA and other similar systems. I don't have my heart set on any one specific game, I have a few that I'd like to see. I would run the games, I'm just curious which, if any, of the following would be popular. I can provide materials for all of them!

Option 1
    Root: The RPG
    A roleplaying game based on the board game Root: A Woodland Game of Might and Right. Players take on the role of woodland creature sellswords (called vagabonds) to make their way through a woodland nation, on the verge of a war between factions. The woodland is filled with ways to make a name for themselves, make a profit, or influence the politics of the world around them.

Option 2
    Legacy 2nd Edition
    Go beyond surviving the apocalypse, thrive despite it. Each player takes on the role of not only a character but an entire family or faction of characters. Legacy is intended to span over several generations of characters. It is a postapocalyptic game, but the themes of the game are more hopeful than most apocalyptic settings. Explore how despite everything, the world lives on.

Option 3
    Brindlewood Bay
    Solve murders in a small town, maybe even thwart a cult while you're at it. There is one odd catch though. Each player is an elderly lady in a book club. The book club is centered around a series of mystery novels, and with that under their belts, these grannies ended up with a habit of solving crimes. Little old ladies can gather different kinds of information than law enforcement officers, can get into places that detectives can't, and end up in a whole lot of trouble that normal investigators don't.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Archmage in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: PbtA (and Adjacent) Interest Check

I don't know Brindlewood Bay, but I love both Root and Legacy and would love to play either one.

If I had to choose one, it would probably be Root. I've run a couple of games but haven't gotten to play it yet.
    (Avatar by Cuthalion, who is great.)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

I am a very big fan of PbtA. I have experience with Legacy, but I am familiar with Root (the board game). I've never heard of Brindlewood Bay.

That being said, I honestly would be up for playing in any of these systems!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

I'm fresh to PbtA, but if I can join that'd be great, preferring option 1 or 3.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

I also agree with you.