New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeking a DM

1. - Top - End - #331
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Seeking a DM

A couple of alternate-history style ideas posted up for the use of whoever happens to be interested. 3.5 and pathfinder preferred, and the ideas are probably best suited to relatively low-level characters.

Help Yourselves.
    Last edited by whoiam; 2014-07-01 at 07:02 PM.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Troll in the Playground

Hey, is anyone willing to run a Star wars SE Clone Wars campaign starting at 4th level? I have a really cool idea for a force sensitive clone.
    Very busy these days and so posting will be sparse.

Extended Sig.

Lady Cordelia of Grimmfell Avatar created by yours truly.

Spoiler: Full image
    Show

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

Have you ever wondered what would happen if the characters couldn't talk to each other? Me too. So let's find out. Problems in Communication, now looking for a GM willing to try an odd little take on the game.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Looking for a dedicated gm able to run a Naruto D20 game of any setting or such to their liking. I have opened a thread and will not be recruiting any players until a gm is found and he/she has written a big 16 as that can scare away some of you gm's with too many players showing interest at once before limits are set.

Details are found HERE
    Last edited by Nyan; 2014-07-10 at 04:41 PM.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Bugbear in the Playground

Looking for Dark Heresy DM. We have a group ready!

HERE

6. - Top - End - #336
    Pixie in the Playground

seeking a DM for 3.5. 5 players, 4 of which have never played. preferably we would play weekly on Saturdays. any interested DM's pm me on skype @ lifepack11 (all participants are at least 17 years old, with most being over 20)

7. - Top - End - #337
    Firbolg in the Playground

Looking for a DM for a no- or low-magic game with Wild West themes: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...dwood-style-RP
    "Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence"

"Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way."

"When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves."

8. - Top - End - #338
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Anybody got their hands on that new Pathfinder super dungeon? The emerald spire or whatever it is? Just curious...

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

So, this might be a bit of an odd request.

I'm playing in a modern mythology themed game for mutants and masterminds 3rd edition, power level 10, and our GM has informed us that he doesn't think he can handle GMing the game right now. I was wondering if anyone who knows the system here might be interested in taking over for the GM?

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-Modern-Mythos

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-Modern-Mythos

Links to the OOC and IC threads for the game if any GM's want to look them and the players and characters over before stepping in. If it helps the party was meeting for the first time when the GM decided he needed to drop the game, and we were meeting by intervening in a Kraken attacking a local beach.

Thanks! =)
    "I Burn!"

10. - Top - End - #340
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'd like to play 5th Edition D&D. I'm chiefly looking for a DM willing to run the Starter Set adventure, preferably using the Basic Rules to generate characters instead of the Starter Set pre-gens; I feel that it's the best way to get a grasp on how the system runs, since I assume the starter set module covers just about all aspects of 5th Edition.

I don't have any fellow players as yet, but I thought I'd put out a request for the hardest-to-find member first: The DM.

11. - Top - End - #341

ClericGuy

Hello, a group of us are looking for a ST for a Vampire the Masquerade V20 group. The link to the recruiting thread is http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...erade-V20-owod

12. - Top - End - #342
    Titan in the Playground

I'm looking to play star wars saga edition. There's a sister thread in finding players, and there is already considerable interest, but no GM so far. Here's a copy of the post and the link:

I have been running a star wars saga edition game here for 10 months. It's still going strong. I want to play a star wars game that lasts and is updated almost every day. I want to play a game that has deep, multi-layered player characters whose relationships change and grow over the course of the game and affect the story, and who encounter realistic recurring NPCs with their own hopes, dreams, and motivations.

I want the party or even individual characters to be able to affect events in the game and have the game and NPCs react to our characters' actions, or lack thereof. I want our decisions to have meaning.

I also want to play this build, preferably starting at a low level:

Spoiler
    Show
    Soldier/Scoundrel/Gunslinger
    Near human: lose human extra skill, gain -2 multiattack penalty.

0: Feat: weapon focus: pistols
    1: talent: Weapon Specialization Pistols, Feat: dual wield I
    2 (1/1): class feat: Point blank shot, talent: Advantageous opening (CW24)
    3 (1/2): Feat: Heavy Weapon Prof/Zero Range, bonus feat: Precise Shot
    4 (1/3): talent: personalized modifications (train stealth)
    5 (2/3): bonus feat: Heavy Weapon Prof/Zero Range
    6: (3/3): talent: Comrades in Arms, Feat: Quickdraw
    7: (4/3): bonus feat: dual wield II
    8 (4/3/1): talent: reduce multiattack penalty
    9 (4/3/2): Feat: double attack
    10 (4/3/3): talent: reduce multi attack penalty
    11 (4/3/4):
    12 (4/3/5): Feat: triple attack, talent: reduce multi-attack penalty
    13 (4/3/6):
    14 (4/3/7): talent: reduce multi attack penalty
    15 (5/3/7): talent: indomitable, Feat: dual wield III

Are there any prospective GMs and players out there who would like to play in a game like this?

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...Star-Wars-SAGA
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2014-07-22 at 06:59 AM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

13. - Top - End - #343
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I'm a Newbie DM seeking a for a a newbie group to roleplay a pathfinder rpg

14. - Top - End - #344

Frostfell campaign, lots of freedom left up to the DM, looking for a good storyline. Some ideas: Frost Giants angry at small village of humanoids, PCs must save village; Winter is coming and villagers unprepared (more survival-y); Rival villages competing over small territory of fertile farmland. Recruitment thread here.
    "Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence"

"Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way."

"When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves."

15. - Top - End - #345
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGirl

Seeking a person SUPER Familiar with GURPS (4th Edition), for the Dragonriders of Grandsky .

If you want to contact me My Profile (lists other things) and PMs here too.

Summary: In the Techno-magic punk world of GrandSky, city states fight each other and the Dragon Empire, forces assembled of human & Dragon rider pairs act as Marshalls, patrolling territory, acting as Disaster & relief aide, and most importantly defending a city state & its surrounding villiages and towns, against the incursion of the Dragon Empire (who believe that humans are the 'rightful slave race' and should be chummy with dragons' amoung other things).

Our Game follows the Trials & tribulations of a group of GSF fresh recruits, not yet bound to dragons. Some rich, some very poor, but all of that is put aside to build them into a unit of the GSF.

16. - Top - End - #346

GM wanted for a nice 3.5/PF (DM decides which one to use) game of empire building, land conquering, and then political maneuvering. Preferably not many book restrictions (unless cheese), but again, GM decides

The link is here

17. - Top - End - #347

Looking for a DM for a military or mercenary band type campaign. Heavy combat preferred. A little more detail in this recruiting thread. Most of the game is up to the DM, but I want it to be pathfinder. If you're interested, post on that thread.

Edit:This game found a DM.
    Last edited by Weikel; 2014-07-29 at 07:21 PM.

Current Characters:
    Evan Therioux, an evil Nobleman Bard

Scrubble, a Goblin Alchemist ... and I just realized both of my current characters are evil.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Colossus in the Playground

Programmer wanted for Engine Heart. (Information and download here: http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Engine_Heart )

Me and one other player for any kind of campagin. More players is fine. Contact through GitP for now, if you want to GM I can provide other means of communication.

Engine Heart is a d10 system about robots after the fall of man. It's very rules light and roleplay heavy, with the GM (Programmer) making a lot of decisions. It is NOT about combat bots or anything like that, and instead just about normal service robots and such once humanity is gone and they're on their own. For more detials, check the link.

Thank you in advance to anyone who considers GMing this, and a massive thanks in advance to anyone who actually does GM it.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

GM wanted for a Forgotten Realms PbP with Pathfinder rules...

Pathfinder -looking for a Forgotten Realms game
    I apologize for any grammar mistake, English is not my first language.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler: DM Found.
    Show
    Alas, another poor, abandoned game is seeking a DM.

Transporting the essence of gluttony, A werecroc rescues a petal from an evil bounty hunter, and the petal saves them when the glutton breaks free aboard the ship. Unknown to them, The Georgian Devil waits in the harbor with open arms for the ships arrival.

The party is a level 6 tristalt,
    Player Sheet Class Concept
    Archmage1 Tulip Empyrean//Bard//Factotum Curious innocent petal
    Tiny(OP) Garmine Hadar Empyrian//Warlock//Binder The Dealer
    PersonMan Dilaa RHD//SwordSage//Barbarian The WereCroc!

We've lost two people, sadly, but we would like to continue.
    Player Sheet Class Concept
    Regalus Nikita Harrowed//Bez-Kizmet//Mink Fateless Vigilante
    Jacior Gorge Ozodrin //Connoisseur //Pariah Avatar of Gluttony

The Complete Guide to the Fey was used for some of the PC's.

We didn't get too far into the game. tiny's character(The devil mentioned in the description) is waiting in a port, while the rest of us were on a ship, heading there. My character was trapped, but she was rescued by PersonMan's character, just before Jaicor's character escaped his bonds, and started eating people. We subdued him, and then the DM left, sadly. If you are interested in taking over the game, please, don't hesitate to send me a PM. If you would rather start a new one with the same characters, that is also perfectly acceptable.
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2014-08-10 at 05:27 PM.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

21. - Top - End - #351
    Halfling in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I'm looking for a GM to run just about any kind of a 3.5e D&D game...I miss playing and I have so many great PC characters I want to try out. I never get to do anything but GM anymore. :P

You can contact me over Skype. Name is trogdor1316

I don't really have any other players at the moment, but I could easily acquire some if someone is willing to GM.

22. - Top - End - #352

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...s-Channel-City

looking for a GM willing to run a mutants and masterminds game in my stead. I won't have the time soon and I also really have no idea what to do with the story, but these players deserve someone who can handle them. Respond ASAP by PM, please.

23. - Top - End - #353

Quote Originally Posted by Held View Post
    I'd like to play 5th Edition D&D. I'm chiefly looking for a DM willing to run the Starter Set adventure, preferably using the Basic Rules to generate characters instead of the Starter Set pre-gens; I feel that it's the best way to get a grasp on how the system runs, since I assume the starter set module covers just about all aspects of 5th Edition.

I don't have any fellow players as yet, but I thought I'd put out a request for the hardest-to-find member first: The DM.
    Hi, here's a fellow player. I am busy DM'g another game here and want my player jones fulfilled.

If we can get enough interested players maybe a DM will appear?

24. - Top - End - #354

Quote Originally Posted by Eulalios View Post
    Hi, here's a fellow player. I am busy DM'g another game here and want my player jones fulfilled.

If we can get enough interested players maybe a DM will appear?
    A DM already appeared and we're already playing, however! Sorry. ):

25. - Top - End - #355

Hi!

I am looking for a DM for a game involving one of my favourite(and in my not very humble opinion best thought out) characters, Serdynage Hastur-Vartul. I would love either a freeform game or a relatively high-level 3.5/pathfinder one.

Thread

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ettin in the Playground

Looking to play a dnd/PF game but I am searching for this in an alternative way. Instead of searching for a theme for a campaign I am searching for people of a specific qpproach to the game.
    These are the two main points, the rest in the OP is merely suggestions

• Commitment: I want both the players and the GM to actually want to play this. I have seen too many games where people are more interested in creating characters or worlds than actually playing them, and then when you get to the actual game it almost stops.
    • Communication: I want people to talk, share their thoughts and assumptions. I want people to give a heads up before slinking off for whatever reason (boredom, school, etc). It's not going to hurt my feelings if you want out, but have the stones to tell so that the rest of us aren't left wondering and tell when you are bored, frustrated or unsatisfied so we can do something to fix it.

Thread

Edit: ait has been pointed out to me that the suggested houserules might scare some GMs away. They are ment to be suggestions. If you don't like them, ignore them.
    Last edited by Sønderjye; 2014-08-07 at 02:22 PM.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

DM Found!

Greetings,

I am looking for a DM for SIFRP system. Also known as the Game of Thrones system. I have a thread started that can be found below.

Thread here.

You, as the DM, would have latitude in all aspects of the game. It can be any time period, any type of history or alternate history, and any location.

Really I just want a game using that system (ie, create the house, etc) and set in Westeros.

Please PM or respond in the above thread if you are interested.
    Last edited by Pelor; 2014-08-10 at 06:35 PM.
    "If you get yourself killed trying to rule the world, I will personally break every bone in your body."

28. - Top - End - #358
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Looking for a DM to join and teach new players DnD 3.5. Would be on Roll20 with Skype. Add ViralEnd or irock4367.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Pixie in the Playground

Looking for a pbp here (or rpol, or another site) for Mini Six, Dungeon Crawl Risus, OVA Revised, BESM 3e or Meikyuu Kingdom.
    M&M 3e, Dungeon World and Fate have low priority, but I can accept those too.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I'm a member of a Skype group of five players (Scout, Noble, Solider, Jedi, Force Sensitive) interested in a role play/action heavy level 5 saga edition game, focused on a rag-tag crew trying to survive set in the Dark Times Era. We have character sheets already made and ready and would prefer to play on Thursdays using Roll20. We are also currently looking for someone to fill a medic/engineer role, but both of these things could be filled out by npc if need be. For any potential DM's interested please send me a PM here, or message on my Skype jebm99