New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeking a DM

1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Seeking a DM

Looking for a GM for an all Warforged campaign using my homebrew Warforged (made it a template and made some variants)
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

2. - Top - End - #362
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Personally looking for a DM to run a solo game for me.

Info:
    1. I'm wanting to play a Goliath Mineral Warrior Monk//Teramach. I'm kind of planning on him being a member of a monastery, whose tenets involve honoring the earth and stone, when he is chosen to be an Avatar of Stone's Wrath. (Thus the "RAEEEEG" Teramach levels.) He is a normal Goliath, but gained the Mineral Warrior template when he was chosen.

2. I have only a little experience in actual role playing, but I'd like to try it out. Still, I do enjoy the combat aspect of the game, so it shouldn't be without combat.

3. I really only know 3.5, and have the greatest experience in levels 1-8, limited experience in 9-11, and no experience in 12+.

4. I like strong characters (thus the gestalt) but I don't like optimizing my character to the max. I'm more likely to take a feat or class because it seems cool.

5. I have no preference for a setting, so anything would be good by me.

6. For actual campaign preferences, I'm leaning towards more serious than not, though light-hearted moments are just fine. I'd also like my character's actions to have meaning/impact on the world. Aside from that, I'm up for mostly anything, though I'd lean away from a mystery focused campaign.

7. My posting frequency is normally high, but it is at minimum once per day, barring unforeseen circumstances.

Edit: PMs here on GitP are the best way to contact me.
    Last edited by Recalcitrent; 2014-08-19 at 01:57 PM.

Spoiler: Torinn Yarjerit
    Show

My 5e Dragonborn Barbarian. All credit for this drawing goes to Meltheim!

3. - Top - End - #363
    Firbolg in the Playground

Looking... nay, asking politely for a DM willing to run a more "static" game of defense.

Fine with either 3.5 or Pathfinder. Ideas are either dwarves reclaiming a lost stronghold or a group of survivors scraping by in a castle after an apocalyptic disaster.

More details here.

4. - Top - End - #364

I have just made a post containing a few characters that I would love to play again. If anyone would be willing to give them a look I would be really grateful.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-game-to-be-in

5. - Top - End - #365
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Forum-based gestalt game based on sentai and similar genres looking for GM.

Plenty of interest already expressed here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ooking-for-DM)

6. - Top - End - #366
    Pixie in the Playground

Fiance and I are looking for a DM and group to play D&D 5e with online. We're in PST and, unfortunately, have 2nd/3rd shift jobs so its made finding a group very difficult for us. I'm hoping to have better luck here! Thanks.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

Asking for a DM willing to run a Dark Heresy/Rogue Trader/Only War game as I would like to be involved in a good story and have a better chance to learn the system from someone that has played before.
    A 3.5 campaign is fine too, I have a bit more experience with that system, but few games under my belt.

I have little PbP experience thus far, but am definitely willing to give it a shot. can post daily several times(afternoon/ evening EST) and more on weekends. Give me time and I can be a capable player, and ill try to help tell a good story.
    My opinion and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee at the 7/11, most others want the dollar too :P

Steam ID: blacklight101

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Where did you start yours?
    At an observation deck at Port Wander, seeing his ship for the first time and being introduced to the bridge crew/away team that he hired before arriving.

8. - Top - End - #368

9. - Top - End - #369

I really, really want to play a New World of Darkness game. Don't care which gameline (though I'm really interested in Geist, Promethean, or Demon), I just want to get a chance to play it.
    White is my color for internal monologue. (without the black highlight, of course)

Judge's choice in the Pathfinder Grab Bag XIX
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatar by the ever-brilliant Ceika

Paizocarnum - A 3.p update of Incarnum, now in PDF!
    The Beastmaster: Master of Beasts! (Pathfinder homebrew class)

10. - Top - End - #370

DruidGuy

I am looking for someone who would be interested in trading off as DM of a solo campaign. E.g. I DM a solo game for you and you DM one for me. I am very open on details, would HIGHLY prefer Pathfinder, as far as anything else I'm pretty open. Could be ran either PbP or scheduled on Roll20 or google hangout or whatever. PM me if interested.

11. - Top - End - #371

@LittleCarp04
    I really like the idea, but I think it is most wise to make triangle for this so you are not directly relying on eachother and if someone makes it really hard for you, you don't get the temptation to retaliate x). This is ofcourse a rather extreme situation, but it would jsut make this whole system more neutral.

12. - Top - End - #372

Hey folks,
    I would like to play some more dark heresy! I have no specific preferences, so feel free to make this your own story as DM.

Here is the link.

cheers,
    Cil

13. - Top - End - #373

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvyn View Post
    @LittleCarp04
    I really like the idea, but I think it is most wise to make triangle for this so you are not directly relying on eachother and if someone makes it really hard for you, you don't get the temptation to retaliate x). This is ofcourse a rather extreme situation, but it would jsut make this whole system more neutral.
    Ok great idea.

Looking for two people who would want to make a solo campaign love triangle.

14. - Top - End - #374

Quote Originally Posted by LittleCarp04 View Post
    Ok great idea.

Looking for two people who would want to make a solo campaign love triangle.
    I would be willing to join in on such a thing. Now we only need a third person.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Halfling in the Playground

Zombie

Looking for a ST for a Werewolf the Forsaken game.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...Freeform)-game

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ogre in the Playground

Lightbulb Endarire Seeks a GM! See Inside for Details!

Request for a GM at a Glance
    Player Count: 'Solo' Campaign. I tend to run with more than one unit, such as animal companions, trained animals, charmed minions, creatures acquired via planar binding and summoning, etc. For this campaign, I also have roleplay ideas for playing a husband/wife team.

System: D&D 3.5 or Pathfinder. I'm most familiar with D&D 3.5.

Setting: Planescape (preferred) or a campaign with lots of planar travel and exploration from low levels.

Campaign Duration (Level-Wise): 1 until 20+ (preferable). Longer is generally better.

Campaign Duration (Earth Time): Continually ongoing.

Days & Hours We'd Play: If you plan to GM, we'll discuss this.

My Current Location: Near Orlando, Florida, USA. Eastern Time Zone.

Means of Play: Play by post, Skype, Roll20, or other electronic means. (If you DO happen to want to GM me in person, and you're in or near the Orlando, FL area, tell me!)

Best Means of Contacting Me: Send me a Private Message (PM) OR/AND email me at [email protected]. In the subject line, ensure I know why you're contacting me. Make it unmistakably clear. Thankee!

Purpose of this Campaign & Request and Further Details!
    I seek to play a generally unfamiliar setup (a solo campaign) without me as a GM as well as a player. (I did that already. Twice.)

I got tired of playing low-level Wizards over and over with my in-person group with the hopes that I would one day be able to cast level 4 and above spells. I also learned the rules better than everyone else around me and was able to turn group campaigns into solo efforts if I wanted. Now, without the pressures of having to share a spotlight with any other human player (because toes are precious and hurt when tread upon), I would like to do a one-on-one campaign with another as a GM.

I'm a fan of 'playing with everything.' (Hood will give you an idea of what I mean by 'everything.') I've been playing D&D 3.x on and off since the day the books came hot off the presses at GenCon 2000, and have been studying the rules and making characters since then. I'm looking for a challenge and a unique style of campaign. I anticipate this campaign to be similar to an Elder Scrolls game, with a combination of dungeon crawling, exploration, mining, trading, adventure, and politics. I'd like to establish an interplanar trading company as a base, staff it with the best employees, and industrialize magic. (Lacking or in addition to the industrialization, go on fantastic adventures and make a tourist's guide to the planes.)

Regarding what character(s) I would play initially in terms of character build, I'm a big fan of casters and manifesters due to them having class-granted abilities beyond 'do skills better' and 'auto attack harder.' Wizards are my favorite due to them getting the 'big' spells - they cast one (such as grease or silent image or gate or reverse gravity or Evard's black tentacles or...) and significant changes in reality tend to happen immediately. Druids are a second favorite due to them having a menagerie on hand (Animal Companion plus pets gained via Handle Animal) and at a round's notice (summon nature's ally cast spontaneously). Additionally, I like Psions for their self-sufficiency (plane shift, true seeing, mind blank, teleportation, metamorphosis, astral construct, and so on), especially Warforged Shapers.

On the martial side, I'm a big fan of the Tome of Battle and its related homebrew. (I even made some!) The Tome of Battle gives martials something to do besides skills and auto-attack, and improves their chances against save-or-X casters with the save swap maneuvers (Moment of Perfect Mind, etc.).

The husband/wife team I planned to run was a Gray Elf Generalist Wizard with all the trimmings, and a Human Druid. More specifically, if allowed, I'd most likely go Wizard5/Mindbender1/IncantatrixX/Spellguard of SilverymoonX/ArchmageX for the husband and Druid5/Planar Shepherd of Lamannia10/Contemplative1/Druid+4 for the wife.

In terms of challenge level, I'm somewhat adjusted to taking on challenges 'alone' (with my main character plus his summoned/charmed/handled/bound/created minions) that would be fitting for a party of 4-6. For example, a traditional party of Healy McBandaid Cleric, Magic McMissile Wizard, Sneaky McPickLock Rogue, and Tanky McStabberson Fighter are approximately equal (or perhaps inferior to) what I can muster with one main character due to rules mastery. I also like me a variety of challenges - combat, social, exploration, and otherwise. Finally, I'm also a big fan of difficult decisions in plots, such as, "Will you allow this nation to be revived even if it means potential war with the rest of the world?"
    Quote Originally Posted by GPuzzle View Post
    And I do agree that the right answer to the magic/mundane problem is to make everyone badass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    If you're of a philosophical bent, the powergamer is a great example of Heidegger's modern technological man, who treats a game's mechanics as a standing reserve of undifferentiated resources that are to be used for his goals.
    My Complete Tome of Battle Maneuver/Stance/Class Overhaul

Arseplomancy = Fanatic Tarrasque!

17. - Top - End - #377

DruidGuy

Endaire would you be interested in joining me and Raunchel in a love triangle of sili campaigns?

18. - Top - End - #378

In case you are interested, I have a compilation of the characters that I still want to use some day here. If there is anyone in there that you would like to DM, please tell me.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Would like to play D&D 5E

I live in a remote, scarcely populated area at the moment, and I currently lack adventuring companions. It would be my first PbP experience. I like to think of myself as a fun, cooperative player who works towards everyone at the "table" having as great of a time as possible (even if our characters don't get along at times :P ). I'm flexible in terms of classes, but I'd rather start at first level, or as close as possible to it. PM me if you would have me in your group. ;)

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

Exclamation Re: Seeking a DM

I live in area, of GMT +2, where D&D 3.5 is slowly not being played. I would like a solo campaign or, if solo is not an option, a campaign with low amount of players to be able to avoid the combat or RP being held over for too long, or group scheduling problems.

I will gladly welcome any DM with open arms. I can be considered a Creator-Player. If you are familiar with Overlord I, Digimon World 1 or Neverwinter Nights 2 Crossroad Keep segments, this is what I want, except better, with world being more lively, there being more diversity. NWN 2 had you able to befriend a Monstrous Spider. Perfect. In MotB you could become Jarl of Frost Giants, except sadly they left immediately after and you never interacted with them again. If you were DMing that scenario for me, you should consider me trying to convince them to actually listen to me and to lead them. Also, NWN is sexist, they only made male Frost Giant or Fire Giant models...

Friendships and allies are important. Leadership feat is an easy mode of getting what I want, so I won't be using it. I want to be able to recruit people to join me and my cause through the RP and combat. I want to convince them and experience problems of leadership. I want to have a base, town or village, anything, to see it be improved by my actions and the recruitment of others. I want to be able to make non-standard monsters believe in me and join me, like Draegloths, Thri-kreen, imps, giants of all sorts, Vivisectors, perhaps even awakened animals or races that are usually considered cannon fodder. Each monster and NPC has their own story or reasons, I want to learn them.

I would prefer it to not be PbP game, but rather on some chat or just outside website that one can do it in real time, like Roll20, instead of writing the posts here. Of course, I would prefer writing than speaking, due to my own reasons. And if you only can do PbPs, I can deal with it, if you want to have me.

I will warn you, I might want some homebrew, but if you will welcome me with open arms and create a campaign for me, I will be overjoyed.

Looking for adaption from any DM~!
    Last edited by Yasahiro; 2014-09-08 at 06:09 PM.
    "If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest" - Charles Barkley

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

So I've posted an interest search thread over here and think we've passed critical mass. Help?

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ettin in the Playground

So, a few of us were interested in playing a Genius: The Transgression Chronicle, but seeing as this is a rather rare game we've had a bit of trouble finding a ST/GM.

So... http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...1#post18096491

There is the link, for the interested!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

23. - Top - End - #383

SwashbucklerGuy

Looking for a GM to run a pathfinder game which allows players to use the technology guide especially. Space makes it even better :D Preferably a level where we can use the items as well (7 above I guess? Up to the GM though we long as we cna use stuff like chainsawwwwww!!!)

Link is here, three interested players so far already.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Currently Recruiting Players

Hello, everyone! I'm quite new to the site, and am looking for a D&D 3.5e Campaign. I'd like to play a ranger, but could also roll another character. Is anyone running any such campaign?

Thanks in advance,
    wkwkwkwk1

Spoiler: Links & GitP Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by fyleisch View Post
    It's come to my attention that some people don't know how to pronounce the name of the deity Fharlanghn. It's simple though - you begin with a Ff- sound, then flap your mouth at random as sounds come out. Continue for 2-90 seconds, depending on devoutness and saliva levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    I think this is the most civil battle between Good and Evil I've ever seen...
    10 Commandments of Op./Practical Op.
    3.5 WBL/GP
    Cleric Domains

25. - Top - End - #385

Seeking a Pathfinder DM for one of two things:

1. A replacement DM for a defense-focused post-apocalyptic dwarf hold campaign. Recruitment thread is here.

2. A military campaign-focused game of around 9th level. Already have setting documents for it, so those interested do not have to start from scratch. Having everyone serve as mounted cavalry would be a plus, but not required. Players will be part of a band of good-leaning mercenaries under the banner of the Smoking Dragon, which is crusading against the Empire of Fallen Stars, an evil empire ruled by fallen celestials.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Pixie in the Playground

Default 5 veteran D&D3.5 players seek dynamic and intelligent DM for long term relationship.

Any DM's looking for a real challenge in their home world?

A group of 5 very experienced players are looking for a D&D 3.5 homebrew campaign.

Must have enough experience to keep veteran players from breaking his game which obviously means some good house rules and probably some limits on character classes and races.

PM please.
    Last edited by Deep Green; 2014-09-16 at 10:54 PM.

27. - Top - End - #387

SwashbucklerGuy

Got a few player interest already but no GM so here goes.

A post apocalpyse Marvel universe setting based on Mark Millar's Old Man Logan storyline if possible. MHR preferred. Thanks.

28. - Top - End - #388

BlackDragon

Looking for a GM for Way of the Wicked PF adventure, Link

29. - Top - End - #389

Currently seeking a DM for a kingdom building/political focused game. Perhaps some combat when the PC needs to get his hands dirty, but otherwise I would like to pit my wits against something formidable to see if the PC can rise to the top. Trying to pull a Count of Monte Cristo style rise would be pretty cool. I have a fairly open schedule, so I would like to play in sessions if possible. If you want to play on a mapping software like MapTool we sure can, but I imagine that something like this will be sandbox enough that a chatroom will be more than sufficient. I would like to use 3.X as a base for the character, but I am also open to other options, like a sandbox d10 system or something similar. I just don't have the funds for 4e or 5e resources. Feel free to PM me with any inquiries/questions. I look forward to hearing from you and having a bunch of fun.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ettin in the Playground

A couple weeks ago, there was a recruiment thread for a d20Modern Highschool of the Dead game that attracted a total of 6 players (AFAIR) and, unfortunately, suffered from GM disappearance before it even started. I know that at least several players - me included - are still interested, and would love if a replacemet GM would appear.

The initial 16, as well as the sheets, are available here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ol-of-the-Dead
    Tome of Radiance, a Magical Girl sourcebook for 3.5/PF.

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature