New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeking a DM

1. - Top - End - #451
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Seeking a DM

Hey, all.

I'm looking for someone to run a FATE Core Star Trek game (my first... everyone has to start somewhere, right? ...First time in FATE Core, I mean. I've played Star Trek games before.) Details are here if anyone's interested

2. - Top - End - #452
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

Looking for a GM for wfrp 2e, I think we have three or four tentative players so far (counting myself) but I dont have enough experience with this system to think about running a game of it yet.

We have a thread open in recruitment, so please come on by if you happen to be interrested!
    My opinion and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee at the 7/11, most others want the dollar too :P

Steam ID: blacklight101

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Where did you start yours?
    At an observation deck at Port Wander, seeing his ship for the first time and being introduced to the bridge crew/away team that he hired before arriving.

3. - Top - End - #453

BardGuy

Oh great and powerful DMs, I seek a replacement for THEChanger's Fall of zarus game. We are unsure as to his fate but are a keen and lively group of players. He has disappeared nigh without a trace for a month now. The game is a level 10 monstrous gestalt.

In this game we're an unlikely band of monstrous adventurers set out to turn the tide against an Empire of Man found in the name of Zarus and forged with the might of the Dragon orbs. We've been tasked with the retrieval of one those orbs by Gahriar, a Black Dragoness in the Deep Pits, the last hold out of the dwarves.

There is a caveat though. The game was interrupted at the start of combat in the surprise round which would make things a bit awkward. Also while he is still interested, Prehysterical has deleted Nigel's sheet under the assumption the game was over. Another player, Lord Bayushi who played Nevek disappeared relatively early on.

Here is the big 16 from the recruitment thread

Here is the OOC Thread

Here is the IC Thread.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Barbarian in the Playground

Looking for someone to GM a Dragon Age RPG game. The request thread is here, but in brief: a game for three players, starting at first level, set in Ferelden sometime before the Fifth Blight.

Thanks.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Looking for a DM to pick up a dedicated party who recently lost their DM due to issues in another game. Please come help this party out!

Campaign is "Carrion Crown" using the PathFinder system. See our forum thread (recruiting) here. Thank you for considering us!

6. - Top - End - #456

Looking for a DM for a solo/duo game.

Not much on whats but homebrew friendly is preferred as I have a couple ideas that way.
    Thanks drack for finding the new avatar
    Life has come up, I apologize if I'm in a game and have just disappeared.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

3, potentially 4, people are looking to play a game of Pokemon Tabletop Unite, using the latest addition. I'd be willing to not play, and just Dm for us instead, but I feel like I'd do a bad job. The other players are completely new to the system, and this game is more a learning experience than anything else. However, I, and the potential 4th, know a lot about it, and would be able to help them learn and move quickly.

That jumbled mess of words seemed silly... short story is short, and already mentioned: 3, potentially 4, players are looking for a PTU 1.04 Dungeon Master to run whatever style game they may like, so that the newbies can learn how to play. Please Private Message me if you're interested. This request expires by the 18th, since I decided that if no one else will, then I'll give it a try.
    You can call me anything. I've been called Inkin, Nono, INo, Names, and NoKnow so far.

As of 7/20, I've gotten help in trying to get past a physical addiction that's been eating at my time, and finished recovering from a spot of trouble that ended up eeking into Self-Harm. I'm doing better now; here's hoping it lasts a bit longer...

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

So I put up an actual recruitment thread for this, but we got zero interest. Here's my pitch:

Our current DM has had to give up running the Reign of Winter AP for us due to real life difficulties. We're looking for a new DM willing to take up running the game for us so that we can continue our adventure.

We've only just started, beat the first encounter with the frozen zombies.

Here are links to our IC and OOC threads, as well as the original Recruitment Thread. We are Team 2 in the Recruitment Thread.

The DM must be open to using 3rd party material, specifically Dreamscarred Press Path of War and Akashic Mysteries.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Titan in the Playground

Greetings, potential DMs! I want to present you with (what I perceive to be) an uncommon opportunity. I have a group of four friends (counting myself) that want to be players for your Pathfinder game. I realize, it doesn't sound uncommon, yet. Here's the scoop:

1: Three of the four of us DM at least one game, currently. The fourth is smart enough, but doesn't possess the spark to want to. We all possess significant system familiarity, if not mastery. We're not gonna botch simple rules on you, probably ever.

2: A different three of the four of us are real-life brothers. The fourth is a recently-recruited honorary brother. He picked up DMing for us when a past DM had real-life complications and wasn't able to continue, and has therefore earned my respect.

3: We already have basic build ideas planned, and would tweak the characters to fit whichever AP appealed to all of us. In general, we have a paladin and inquisitor who will beat faces side-by-side, an arcanist, and a skill-junky to round it out. Should be a solid group, I think.

4: We all post regularly. We communicate via a google+ hangout for most out-of-character issues, which helps us keep the action moving without much delay. It's VERY uncommon for 24 hours to pass without a post from each of us. When it does happen, you can bet that you will know why it happened (long vacation, temporarily nuts work hours, whatever- it will be communicated), and perhaps more importantly, we will have discussed it in advance. Someone will be prepared to NPC the character for the duration.

So, what do you think? Want a smooth-running, RP-friendly, and active crew for that AP you just bought? Send me (Farmerbink), Darkone7141981, CleverDragon, or JWallyR a private message, or respond here and we can get started!

Edit: original thread

Respectfully,
    Farmerbink

PS: Apparently the "Mummy's Mask" adventure path has been coming to mind on a few of the players' end. It would be a shoe-in, I think.

10. - Top - End - #460

DwarfBarbarianGuy

I'd like a GM to run a campaign idea I've had where all the players are primarily devoted to crafting. Motivated by profit, fame, and a drive to be the best at what they do, these adventurers would be in search of rare materials, magical tool sets, and other things that would help them become master craftspeople.

Apprentices of the Craft

11. - Top - End - #461

PaladinGuy

Looking for a Dm/Gm for a solo or more game, i have a old level 8 Character from 3.5 and i would like to play him again, i could convert him into pathfinder if needed. please Message me for details on character, back story can be changed if needed, if i fit i could join in a game for pathfinder or 3.5.

12. - Top - End - #462

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Since my last gestalt request failed so disappointingly, I've started a new thread. I'd love to find someone to gm a Pathfinder gestalt campaign, and here's the thread:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...finder-Gestalt

13. - Top - End - #463
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

A friend and I are looking for a 3.5 DM to host a game on any evening besides Wednesday or Thursday. I would like to be an Artificer from the Eberron Campaign Setting (in fact playing an Eberron campaign would be awesome, but I could go for any as long as I can do Artificer) and my friend is thinking going druid. I have plenty experience in 3.5 and my friend is fairly new but has a good grasp of the rules. If more players are an issue I know of a few others (and a handful of other sites where I can defiantly find a few interested people) that will want to play. I usually use Maptool for online play (and would be willing to teach the GM the basics if wanted/needed) but any (free) tabletop will do :D

Link

EDIT:Just Realized that this was a play by post board, my apologies, Google took me straight here when looking for a DM and I didn't check the forum string at top >.>

EDIT: Found a game.
    Last edited by ShadowfireOmega; 2015-01-25 at 05:22 AM.
    "I love being wrong, for if I was always right, there would be nothing left to learn, and that would be a world I would not want to live in."
    -Benjamin Fisher
    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
    -Miles Kington
    "Space is his favorite thing in the world!"
    -Kayla Kros

14. - Top - End - #464

Kobold

Looking for a M&M 3e Gm who might like to run a game with a team (right now we have me and one other interested) of non-powered 'villains', based off of racing games/ the fast and the furious movies. Basically, we do minor crimes and end up with car chases and battles on the run. No holding the city hostage, no world take-over plans, just good old fashioned disturbing the peace, street racing, and possibly bank robbing or similar things.

The characters would be fairly low powered, and probably face heroes of the Teen Titans level from the cartoon. Think of them as around... Lets say Jinx, Mammoth, and Gizmo's level. There would need to be some rules for action skills, since I would want drifting to both be a thing and have a benefit/risk.

To explain also, how about characters might work, is I want my guy to have a car that can turn into a mecha suit that he pilots. Another character might be using a power suit, and thus jumps out of the cars to fight and distract before getting back in. Or a gadget user.

If this sounds interesting to anyone, the thread is right here
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    That's what they all say, then when you go to sleep, bam! Face full of alien wang.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Seeking a DM for WtA game.

As it says, got a group of players, (Starting level) for a werewolf the apocalypse game. Our DM vanished 4 weeks ago without a word and we have heard nothing from him. As it stands we're kinda done waiting, all things considered, and the other players are still eager to continue.

So yeah, anyone up for taking over this position?

(FYI, the game has all of 2 posts from the DM before he vanished, so you can take the story any way you like.)
    In the darkness, we shall fight. To the ends of the earth, we shall hunt. Against the impossible fate, we shall win.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Dwarf in the Playground

Me and two of my roommates are looking for a DM to run a dnd 5E campaign. We are new to pbp games but we used to play in a 3.5 campaign. Our work schedules have not been kind this year. we dabbled in 5E and enjoyed the system. If you're interested please send a message.
    Last edited by Demarcario; 2015-02-01 at 05:26 PM.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Seeking a GM for high level Mutants and Masterminds 3e game(s)

Greetings and thanks for clicking on my post! Please PM me or reply in this topic.

As it says on the tin, I am looking for a GM (or 3 2) to run one or more of three two high-level Mutants and Masterminds games.

I've noticed most MnM games tend to be around PL 8-Pl 10 so I am specifically requesting higher level games because I have some concepts that just don't fit well into the lower tiers.

Without turning this into a huge wall of text, I'll just give a very brief synopsis of each. If you like one of the ideas I can get more detailed. Plenty of Player interest so far, so now seeking a GM for any and/or all of the following:

PL15: Avengers/Justice League Style

Pretty straightforward, as it says on the tin. Post-modern age...think New 52, classic Silver age themes and stylings minus the camp factor. Whether an existing multiverse or a home-brewed setting is up to you!

Still Seeking GM

PL15: Rising Stars inspired game

This game is based on the comic series Rising Stars, and also takes influence from such series as The Authority, The Ultimates, and the Aberrant RPG. In a nutshell it's the real world but one day 100 people from all over the world spontaneously gain super powers. Rather than being a 4-color capes game, this will largely focus on how such an instance would play out in the real world. The game starts at day 1, so nothing is set in stone. Themes of conspiracy, mystery, celebrity, fame, and fear mix up with a Highlander-like premise. The game is designed to progress steadily to PL 20-21. Due to the need for private threads for each player, we request this one be hosted over on Mythweavers.

Still Seeking GM

PL15: Playing Gods among mortals in an original fantasy setting

This is my attempt to resurrect an amazing original setting I once played in years ago using the Aberrant system, MnM 3e is SO much more suited to this kind of game. The PCs are all part of a single pantheon, watching over the mortals of their shared domain, dealing with intra and inter-pantheon politics, forming alliances and fighting against enemy pantheons, as well as mythological beasts of legend and ancient demons. I have extensive info on the setting, though it is designed to be very open such that the players add to it in the process of creating their characters, and there is PLENTY of room for an inspired GM to fill in the many undescribed corners of the world and mythology. What I have is a solidly built core setting to jump off from, that is very unique, if not wholly original, but not at all generic.

FILLED!!!
    Last edited by TekHed; 2015-02-04 at 04:10 PM.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Just looking for someone to run some good old fashioned dungeoncrawling in PF. Here's a link to the thread

19. - Top - End - #469

Looking for a GM to take over an Avatar game that has players already.

More information here
    Thanks to Teutonic Knight for letting me adopt my Pikeman Avatar.
    A Tricking Website

20. - Top - End - #470
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Hey! We're a party of 4 players looking for a GM who wants to run an AP for us.

Information can be found here.
    Characters in play:

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BramsesII View Post
    Hey! We're a party of 4 players looking for a GM who wants to run an AP for us.

Information can be found here.
    Aye, we've got four mature and active players looking to try out some of the Pathfinder Adventure Paths. Swing by and tell us what ya think!
    I stream RPG sessions, campaign preparation, and world-building via my Twitch Channel and upload them to my Youtube Channel.

22. - Top - End - #472

BlackDragon

Hello prospective GMs, there is a group of players interested in a vampire:the requiem (not blood and smoke) game starting with a decent amount of exp and allowing lots of the cool bloodlines that have been published for the system.

Hopefully one of you would be interested if not sorry to bother you.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

Hello, prospective and current DMs! I'm a player with a relatively low level of experience with D&D, though I've done a lot of character creation for 5e, and I'm currently seeking a DM for a solo or 2-4 player game. I'm currently available 24/7, am fine with any edition of D&D and Pathfinder, and am kind of desperate to get back into the game. If you're interested in DMing, please message me on here or let me know through some other means.

Thanks,
    J

24. - Top - End - #474
    Titan in the Playground

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen! Myself, my brother, and a real-life friend of mine are looking for a DM for a long-term dedicated adventure path. The goal is to play Pathfinder more, and my experience is leading me to believe that starting multiple games fails to accomplish this goal. Typically, I write up a character, get invested in it, and the GM gets banned or goes AWOL for two weeks randomly. Obviously not preferable play.

We're looking for a DM content to take just the three of us through one of the Paizo-published adventures paths. In order to simplify math, the intention is for the three of us to play fairly-optimized gestalt characters. Trade out a little action economy in exchange for the extra options, and I figure it will still be decently well-balanced content for a party of 3.

If you've got an adventure path gathering dust on your shelf, and/or you've always wanted to see what it was like to DM for a group of dedicated players with solid system familiarity, this is your chance!

Please feel free to check out the threads linked in my signature, and respond via PM or this thread. More details can likewise be found therein, or I can relate them directly with PM.

Thanks for reading!

-Bink

25. - Top - End - #475
    Pixie in the Playground

Hi,
    am a long time PbPler, and just curious, if any DM would be up to run Lost Mines of Phandelver as an Adventurer's League game? Would be great.
    Thanks and Cheers PZ

26. - Top - End - #476
    Firbolg in the Playground

Seeking a GM for a paizo only Giantslayer AP. We already have four applicants and character ideas. The recruitment thread is here.
    The story has been told a million times, but it is different when it is your life.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ettin in the Playground

Hi all.

It so happened that six members of a travelling circus troupe have found themselves orphaned at the very beginning of their adventure, and would love to find a kind soul who would take them under their wing and guide them on their path to glory.

Threads are here:
    OOC
    IC
    with the characters being a level 1 Pathfinder bunch.

Thanks in advance!
    Tome of Radiance, a Magical Girl sourcebook for 3.5/PF.

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

28. - Top - End - #478
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hi!

I'm new and I would love to start playing PBP.
    I've played some of the following games: Dragon Age RPG, In Nomine, Legend of The Five Rings, Inquisitor, Vampire: The Masquerade. I was also about to start playing a D&D 3.5 campaign last year, so I started learning about it, but the group disbanded and it never got off the ground. I would also might be interested in other games, if it's ok being a noob to the rules and such.
    Last edited by Angriff; 2015-02-24 at 01:59 PM.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Titan in the Playground

Wanted: ST for a Hunter the Vigil game. Just opened the recruitment thread so unknown interest as of now.

Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

30. - Top - End - #480

Gamemaster needed for Giant-slaying fun on this thread. Please
    Last edited by dream; 2015-03-01 at 08:38 PM.
    Wrath of the Righteous! (Alpha)
    Wrath of the Righteous! (Bravo)
    Emerald City Nightmare!
    The Blood Answers
    Emerald City ICONS
    Seven of Spades
    All my games are on hiatus. I need to (per my editor) take some time for my book. I will return - hopefully in 2-4 weeks.