New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeking a DM

1. - Top - End - #721
    Barbarian in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Default Re: Seeking a DM

Edit: FILLED

Hello, DMs! Looking for someone to run a D&D 3.5 gestalt campaign, level 10, fairly bog-standard traditional fantasy, where the characters have already been built (although some retooling wouldn't be impossible). We're the most active "leftovers" from the Dragonslayer's Legacy recruitment thread. It got a lot of attention, and what with there being so many of us, the DM, Ridai, gave their blessing for a sister game. This would be on the forums, like the original. Everyone's pretty solidly in the low to low-middle optimization range, although the tiers are a little all over the place.

Spoiler: Players
    Show
    Player Sheet Class Concept
    Archmage1 Laurel Starseeker Beguiler//Fighter/Arcane Archer Elf Noblewoman
    Blinkbear Devon Lithenwood Druid//LA/Bard/Master of Many Forms/Warshaper Druid Explorer
    Debatra Inti Jervae Duskblade//Cleric/Geomancer Mercenary Guard
    DontEvenAsk Kalbariss Sly Monk//Warlock/Enlightened Spirit Left Hand of Yondalla
    razorback Tarik Ch'Karthis Warblade/Bloodstorm Blade//Fighter/Swordsage Legionnaire of Athena

Spoiler: Big 16
    Show
    1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
    D&D 3.5e.

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
    More or less classic fantasy, with standard D&D pantheon. Other pantheons are also available, like racial deities or Egyptian/Norse/Greek deities, the latter representing fragments of older civilizations or the faiths of distant lands.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
    4 players, one spot already reserved [See table above]

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
    Forum.

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
    Level 10 Gestalt.

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
    WBL standard.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
    Dual-progression classes are not allowed (same with dual-progression feats). If you want to be a wizard and a cleric, take wizard on one gestalt side and cleric on the other.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
    The core races, as well as aasimar and tieflings (and no, do not ask for the lesser versions). You pay LA only with one gestalt side. No templates.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
    Three potential arrays:
    Array #1: 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14. Assign as desired.
    Array #2: 18, 18, 16, 12, 12, 8. Assign as desired.
    Array #3: 18, 16, 16, 12, 12, 10. Assign as desired.
    Hit points are max at 1st and 3/4 max after.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
    Good-aligned preferred, neutral still allowed, but should have good-leaning tendencies. You are playing heroes wanting to protect a good-aligned kingdom, after all.
    Good doesn't mean boyscout goody-two-shoes (though "pure good" characters aren't frowned upon, especially if they're charmingly done), just ultimately a decent [insert race here] being, however flawed they might be or how hard their life has been.
    And no, I will not pin you down on what exactly this alignment or that alignment means. It is more a tendency to me, not a law. Alignment discussions are something I want to avoid, as they never amount to anything worthwhile.
    Paladins do not need to live in fear of falling because technicalities and little things, either. [Obviously this is the original DM's policy, but we'd prefer if you didn't get any more restrictive than this. Other psuedorequirements like this one will be marked in blue.]

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
    You can multiclass freely with no problems. However, builds cannot exceed 4 classes. Completed prestige classes do not count against this limit. As per the gestalt rules, every level must advance at least one base class; you cannot have two prestige classes going at once.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
    You roll your dice in the IC thread and spoiler them. I'll roll for you when you should not be aware of results. Note that I do not roll on the forums to save time as well as to be able to fudge when it helps the game (and going by experience, that usually means in favor of the players when it might become necessary). I understand that some do not like that, but that is how I do things. ** [Although I don't know how much any of us want to keep the fudging. It's always smacked of railroading to me, no matter how convenient it is for the party.]

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
    Gestalt rules
    Retroactive skill points
    Fractional BAB/saves
    Skill consolidation akin to Pathfinder (Acrobatics instead of Balance, Jump and Tumble; Diplomacy includes Gather Information's usages; Stealth instead of Move Silently and Hide; Perception instead of Listen, Spot and Search)
    Pathfinder feat progression (1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th etc), in hopes of allowing people to take a few fun/flavorful feats that usually need to be left out in favor of more functional ones
    Where applicable, all characters effectively have Weapon Finesse and Eschew Materials ** [Not that we don't want to keep the other things, but they're all pretty much in effect already.]
    Paladins of Freedom are allowed
    Disguise is a class skill for everyone

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
    All of you must have a strong connection to the kingdom of Alevia, enough to be trusted with such an important task. You do not necessarily have to be from there, but just being a powerful mercenary won't cut it. The royal family is known for their closeness to the people and recognizing exceptional deeds, so your character could be part of the court, a mage of the Academy of the Arcane, a noteworthy priest(ess) or paladin of a good or neutral deity, a folk hero, a knight, a famous bard, etc, etc. What matters is that you are trusted by the queen and king, are noteworthy in your talents, and have been aiding the kingdom in one way or another.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
    A mixture of all three, most likely. There will be cities and dungeons, people and monsters, after all. **

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
    PHB, PHB2, "Complete" series, MIC, Spell Compendium, "Races of" series, Tome of Battle
    No Pathfinder, no 3.0, no homebrew
    No other sources

Spoiler: Ban List (may be expanded)
    Show
    The Celerity line of spells
    Leadership and anything granting cohorts

Looking for a campaign setting and status quo much like the original. (Personally, I'd also prefer if the general names and countries could be kept, because I'm a bit lazy and don't want to go through my character sheet and CTRL+F every reference to Alevia, but that's just me.)

Long story short, for those who don't want to read the original recruitment thread: the primarily human kingdom of Alevia was created when a mighty heroine, Ariandra Dawnbreaker, overthrew a tyrannical draconic regime. (These can be any evil magical overlords, not necessarily dragons.) Compared to its neighboring nations (for instance, Karak, which is plagued by a rift leading to the evil Upper Planes), Alevia is practically a utopia; the royal family is generally Good-aligned, loving, and involved in the country's welfare, there's little to no corruption, there's total separation of church and state, and the place is generally a bastion of Good-aligned PC classes.

However, it's been a looong time since the first queen defeated the evil magical overlords, and they weren't completely exterminated the first time around. The present queen, Valessa, hears tell of a mysterious magical artifact that's definitely tied to those evil magical overlords in some way, and might be used to protect the people from whatever's left of them indefinitely. So the queen gets together her most trusted allies and has them go search it out - before the opposition finds it first.

Would probably work equally well with illithids, devils, yuan-ti, vampires, evil Hextorites, or indeed anything evil and magical and overlordy that could conceivably have a magical artifact specifically dedicated to countering it. I for one am partial to D&D dragonlore (Dragon cults. Just... Dragon. Cults.) and would prefer to play with the original premise of chromatic dragons (which would make the people we'd be racing to the mysterious artifact dragon cultists), but that's by no means agreed upon between us.

If interested, please post here.
    Last edited by DontEvenAsk; 2016-06-30 at 08:19 AM.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to start up a game of Headspace, a Powered by the Apocalypse cyberpunk game that was released recently. We have five players and we almost had a GM, but they changed their mind.

If anyone's interested, I can send you the quickstart version of the rules if you don't already have them.
    Vitruvian Stickman avatar by linklele.
    I have an extended signature now. God knows why.
    Spoiler: shameless self-aggrandizing
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    What this guy said.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Titan in the Playground

I have a newborn (June 1st) son, and I am on late night 1am to 6am PST feeding duty and I am especially interested in a game then/now!

Spoiler: click here for my "Player registry" post
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Well, I think it's about time I got into this.

Name: 2D8HP

Ways to Contact: PM

Posting Frequency: At least daily; hopefully more.
    I have a newborn (June 1st) son, and I am on late night 1am to 6am PST feeding duty and I am especially interested in a game then/now!
    Type of Campaign:I am most familiar with 1e and 5e D&D, but will try most anything!

Types of Characters: I have a slight preference for rogues and fighters, but I can work with most party roles.

Old Characters: only one so far is Del

Old Campaigns: only one so far is Armaraphaim 5e

Other Information: I'm pretty weak on PbP "dice rolling", so right now I prefer mostly verbal "role-playing"

I prefer games with a lighter tone. While there can be grim moments, I'm ultimately looking for more idealistic plots. "Dark and edgy" just isn't fun for me.
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

4. - Top - End - #724
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Seeking a DM for a high-level Fae politics DFRPG game. Or whatever's possible.http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ics-High-Level
    Last edited by Elodin; 2016-06-25 at 12:21 PM.
    I am. -Starsnuffer

5. - Top - End - #725

GreataxeFighterGuy

Hello Gamemasters.

I'm looking for a GM for this thread, It's a basic D&D 5e game with the classic four races and classic four classes. Setting and adventure are open. Please let me know what you think.

Thank you for the consideration.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello all o/

I'm looking for a DM for this game Pirates! the first page contain more informations, but it is basically a dnd 5e pirate themed game.

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Azktor; 2016-06-27 at 10:46 AM.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGuy

New player looking to learn any system (though I've heard Shadowrun or Pathfinder are fun) in a text based / chat medium. Hoping for a gritty and somewhat dark campaign with good story and a focus on character. I'd prefer a one-on-one, though am not opposed to a small group. If anyone's up for the task of a new player, or just looking to test something out, send me a PM.

Thanks!

8. - Top - End - #728

Looking for a GM to run*Shadowrun, any edition..
    Been trying to play dhadowrun for a while now but I'm having a hell of a time finding one that isn't packed. I have only played shadow run like twice and am very inexperienced and not completely knowledgeable and would love to learn and have a DM run a game for myself and a buddy and anyone else open to running with new people. PM me if interested.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Titan in the Playground

So in lite of recent events, I’m now in need of a new pathfinder PbP game.

I would need to contact some old friends to see if they're still interested in taking part, but i've always thought a mid-level (12 or so) campaign featuring a group of paladins, clerics, oracles, and other holy-types exploring/traversing the plane of shadow would be fun.

Original concept came from a grayhawk/shackled city campaign in which my paladin accidentally caused the party rogue to become trapped on the plane of shadow, he always felt guilty about never having time to go rescue her, and when she finally did come back after her own mini online campaign, she died almost immediately afterwords thanks to a demonic invasion.

So this would potentially be an alternate universe where a proper rescue attempt was actually initiated. I've got two people i know of who are already interested, one as the aforementioned rogue, another as a fetchling cleric who could act as a guide through the campaign, though i haven't talked to them about the idea in awhile, so I’d need to contact them again about it if a GM is up for it.

Honestly on the fence about the whole idea myself, partly because i only woke up about an hour ago, partly because i promised myself a year or two ago that I’d bring this up once my current PbP game came to an end (which it still hasn't) and i guess by now some of the interest in me might have drained out.

If the idea piques your interest hit me up, we can discuss plots, i can try to get in contact with those i mentioned before, and if nothing else we can always try to recruit more playgrounders. Lot of people likely looking for a mid-level game.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2016-07-05 at 08:23 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #730
    Colossus in the Playground

Someone Else's Story

I want to play as the secondary person in a game-who records the stories and puts them up rather than being the main character. This is for fifth edition, and some homebrew is needed.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

11. - Top - End - #731
    Titan in the Playground

Seeking a DM for either a Firefly or Serenity game.

We've already got a decent showing from both regular hopefuls and new meat, all we need is someone willing to run this thing. Please?

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #732
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hail, good GMs! Myself and four other folks are looking for an intrepid soul to run the CAMELOT Trigger setting for Fate Core. Our thread is over here, if anyone's up for it.

13. - Top - End - #733

GnomeWizardGuy

Seeking a DM for a d20 Modern Motorcycle Gang game
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

14. - Top - End - #734
    Titan in the Playground

Hello all, I'm in a group of five looking for someone to run Princess: The Hopeful (Vocation version), details here. Please volunteer if and only if you're confident you can actually post reliably, this is our third try.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Are there any DMs with a 5e game I could join in? If you do please PM me the details!

16. - Top - End - #736

GreataxeFighterGuy

Hello Gamemasters!

We have several players interested in a "Cosmic Supers" adventure where superheroes fight crime in outer space. Hoping for a bold & brave GM to run a game for us using the Mutants & Mastermind 3rd Edition rules. I can help with setting and/or adventure ideas - just PM me.

The thread is here and thanks for reading this.

17. - Top - End - #737

MindFlayer

For any prospective GMs who enjoy a good kaiju movie, I and a some people who have shown interest are looking for someone to DM this Epic 3.5 game about being giant monsters.
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between his shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style."
    Quote Originally Posted by Xefas
    As the old saying goes, "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby get his ass wrecked."

18. - Top - End - #738
    Ogre in the Playground

Greetings, gamemasters.
    Looking for a wuxia fan to run a Legends of the Wulin game here
    English isn't my native. Sorry for all misunderstandings.
    Warning: This user is a powerplayer and a TYPE-Lunatic

Familiar summons YOU avatar by happyturtle

19. - Top - End - #739
    Pixie in the Playground

d20 Re: Seeking a DM

Hello! New comer Sunset Hero here. I've played Tabletop games for the last 5 years straight, with Pathfinder being my absolute favorite. I have played characters of varying complication from 25 words, up to 128 pages. My personal accomplishments include, but are not limited too: graduating college with a Bachelors in Electromechanical Engineering and working as an Electrical Engineer for over a year now.

I am in for the long haul folks. My last long running campaign came to a bloody end, and I am desperate to fill the void. Specifically, I'm looking for a Pathfinder GM who plays Saturdays and on Maptools or Roll20. I'm less interested in who I would play, and more the campaign itself. I want something that'll go on a while. Something involved and of a slower pace, with a strong focus on RPing. I'd be open to anything that meets those previous requirements, but for the chance to play Kingdom Builder, I'd do things that'd make Jack Black from Tropic Thunder blush.

Please shoot me a PM if you've got a Sunset Hero hole in your heart/party. I promise not to disappoint.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello, prospective DMs! I (alongside several others) are looking for someone willing to DM a DnD 3.5, mid-level, gestalt, and most importantly evil campaign! The involved thread is located here, and I hope you're interested in DMing this!
    -~-~-~-

There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first kind is excellent, the second good, and the third kind useless.
    Niccolo Machiavelli.

21. - Top - End - #741
    Titan in the Playground

Mid-level, possibly alternate element bearers, ponies!!!

Anybody wanna pony up and run this motherbucker?
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2016-07-24 at 03:56 PM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #742
    Troll in the Playground

I'm looking for a GM who's ready to LUCHA!

As said here there's a luchador class I'd really like to play and I'm looking for a GM to run a fun Pathfinder game with the feel of lucha libre to it.

23. - Top - End - #743
    Pixie in the Playground

Looking for someone interested in running a game of Godbound.

24. - Top - End - #744
    Colossus in the Playground

Looking for a DM for a 5E game about climbing up the ranks of nobility and gaining/managing lands.

Link here.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

25. - Top - End - #745

GM found.
    Looking for a Pathfinder GM to run a game that will basically encompass some sort of huge, world (or at least nation)-shaking event. Already have players, thread here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...bal-Apocalypse
    Last edited by thedanster7000; 2016-08-07 at 03:35 AM.
    Extended Sig
    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

26. - Top - End - #746
    Troll in the Playground

Well our LUCHA game had a GM and now it doesn't. If anyone is interested in picking up the game (and your 16 doesn't have to be the same as the original GM's) check it out here.

27. - Top - End - #747
    Ettin in the Playground

Looking for a gm to try out running a pathfinder adventure path.
    linky link
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Just want to play a long running 5th edition game

29. - Top - End - #749
    Titan in the Playground

Looking for any kind of pathfinder game, prefferibly not a pre-written adventure path, something custom and flexable that isn't 100% written out and can incorperate player actions and backgrounds better would be preffered.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #750
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm just curious if anyone on here is interested in Shadow of the Demon Lord, which is something that's caught my eye lately. I'd prefer to play, since I'm not sure my current bandwidth can handle running a game, but I haven't seen much mention of the game on here so I don't even know if there's interest.
    Current Campaign:
    Your New Home!
    Campaign Notes
    Former Campaigns:
    The Crew of the Intrepid