New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1026

Thread: Seeking a DM

1. - Top - End - #991
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Seeking a DM

Hello there! I might be asking for the impossible, but better to try and fail than never attempt it at all!

I thought I'd pin my return to the PBP forum by attempting a cool new idea I was given. I'm looking for a DM who might be interested in a 3.5 game, preferably Gestalt. Preferably something involving a fight with Good against Evil, though I'd like to talk to them about my character, since there's a twist involving them that I'm just *dying* to try out.

Please PM me if there's any chance I managed to snare interest. Thank you!

2. - Top - End - #992
    Pixie in the Playground

Looking for a DM/GM to run a 3.5 and/or pathfinder game; Hopefully online for ease of access of course.
    I could do with some one just throwing monsters at me in a sequence at this point...

Recently taught a group of people to mesh the two editions and had been playing with said group, but due to many overly dramatic falling outs between them, its becoming taxing to keep people from arguing at the table and more of my energy is spent doing that than actually playing. Its a miracle its lasted this long and I'm not even a cleric.

I'd prefer a meaningful plot and not a lot of railroading (Which, I'll blindly follow plot threads anyway, I just don't like being forced to) but honestly, I'll settle for just being able to play for the most part.
    I'm tired, dude >_>;

3. - Top - End - #993
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Looking for D&D 5th edition DM for a game where, I a single Player runs a Party of 6 beginning PCs. I'm tired of wasting my time playing in normal games where half the players drop out of the game shortly after starting and the others only post once a week. Slowing things to a sad crawl until the game finally dies. PCs Ability Scores would be derived by making 7 1d10+8 rolls. Discarding the lowest roll, then placing the 6 results as desired. Preferred Settings are either Greyhawk or The Forgotten Realms in a rural, rather then urban situation. Though I may be open to playing in a DM's Homebrew Setting, on a case by case basis. The six PCs would be a male Mountain Dwarf Fighter, a male Human Barbarian, a female Human Cleric of a LG or NG Deity of the Life and light variety, a female High Elf Wizard, a male Halfling Rogue and a male Wood Elf Ranger. All of the PCs have one of the three Good Alignments The desired posting rate is at least once every 1 or 2 days. Please respond by PMing me if you are interested. Thanks!
    Last edited by Wulfnor; 2020-05-24 at 09:47 AM.
    Wisdom & Courage,
    <==)=+Wulfnor+=(==>

4. - Top - End - #994
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Hi!

Would anybody feel like running Exalted third edition Lunar game?

We had more applications then spots in the last game.

If yes feel free to open a thread and I will pop by.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

Default Gold is a DM

Quote Originally Posted by Brastus View Post
    Looking for a DM/GM to run a 3.5 and/or pathfinder game; Hopefully online for ease of access of course.
    I could do with some one just throwing monsters at me in a sequence at this point...

Recently taught a group of people to mesh the two editions and had been playing with said group, but due to many overly dramatic falling outs between them, its becoming taxing to keep people from arguing at the table and more of my energy is spent doing that than actually playing. Its a miracle its lasted this long and I'm not even a cleric.

I'd prefer a meaningful plot and not a lot of railroading (Which, I'll blindly follow plot threads anyway, I just don't like being forced to) but honestly, I'll settle for just being able to play for the most part.
    I'm tired, dude >_>;
    Greyhawk? 3.5?

6. - Top - End - #996
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Gold is a DM

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    Greyhawk? 3.5?

Greyhawk was part of 3.5 right?
    Was it the baseline core rulebooks? I do recall that Eberron and Faerun had their own campaign settings specifically, but I didn't mean any specific 3.5 world or setting, just overall.

7. - Top - End - #997
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

Greyhawk was part of basic DnD. It predates Eberron and Faerun significantly. I'll have an ad up soon. Already have one player.
    Last edited by Gold; 2020-06-22 at 06:40 PM.

8. - Top - End - #998
    Ogre in the Playground

hi i am seeking a dm for a dragon adventures game it can be found HERE

I am also checking for interest in a dm for a potential devil game where players start at the bottom of ranking as lemure work their way up to becoming archdukes or archdutches

1. Lemure
    2. Imp
    3. Spined Devil
    4. Bearded Devil
    5. Barbed Devil
    6. Chain Devil
    7. Bone Devil
    8. Horned Devil
    9. Erinyes
    10. Ice Devil
    11. Pit Fiend
    12. Archdevil
    Last edited by niw18; 2020-06-28 at 05:52 PM.

9. - Top - End - #999
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Hey! I'm looking for someone to run a Shadowrun 5e game (and also a few people to play with). I haven't played the game before, but I've been reading the books and just dying to give it a go. Sadly, I work a retail schedule (read: I never have the same days off week to week) so Roll20 is kind of out. Haven't been able to find much of anything for Shadowrun PbP across the internet, except for the living world stuff on reddit, which is a vastly different experience than what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for Brown Business Suit, in terms of tone, but actual setting doesn't really matter. I'll probably be looking to make a Rigger or a Shaman, depending on the game's plot hook, but I have a ton of different character ideas in other areas, too (Throwing Adept, bog standard street sam, AI Rigger that I don't even know the feasibility of etc.)

I do also have a character that might work well in Pink Mohawk. While I'm far more interested in BBS-style, I'll take what I can get here. Well, mostly. I'm not super interested in Black Trenchcoat.

And just as a very brief rundown of the character concepts I have that I would be happy to throw together quickly:
    Wedge, the aforementioned Pink Mohawk character. She's a vehicle rigger with a tricked out combat bike, a low-profile (but still heavily modded) station wagon, and a WIP Ares van turned TANK. She has a fondness for old movies that predate trids. Her name comes from Wedge Antilles.

Wren: Throwing Adept. Trouble with a capital T. Likes to run her mouth, but has enough magical BS to protect herself when her mouth gets her in trouble. Which is good because she really likes to fight, anyway. Uses Mentor's Mask from Forbidden Arcana, so she lights up like a firework for basically any fight. Makes a good distraction on runs.

Unnamed Shaman. All I have for this is a somewhat morose-looking image for a character. I don't know how to build a Shaman yet so I'm still looking into all of it, but aaah so cool.

Different Shaman. Ork that lived in a hostel for downtrodden metahumans. Sends money from runs back to them. Nothing that hasn't been done before, I know, but I like it nonetheless.

Drone Rigger. No plans here just wanna play one.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I've been in love with Exalted vs. World of Darkness ever since I first got my hands on it, but haven't been able to get into a game yet. So about a week ago, I put up an interest thread on this forum; it got some interested players, but no one's stepped forward to say they'll run the game, hence why I'm posting here. If you're interested here's a link to the thread: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...ld-of-Darkness
    Molson, July 2005 (Adopted February 12th 2006) - 2019, February 16th
    Not just a beer, but a very Good Dog. He won't be forgotten.

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Pixie in the Playground

d20 Re: Seeking a DM

So me and my hubby (and maybe 2 other players) are looking for a chill DM/GM to run a 5e game idea I thought up of.

Running on Roll20 and using Discord to call and message eachother.

I like fighting, playing kobolds; clerics, fighters and the odd rogue or bard, whereas hubby likes RP and is generally more open to all the classes and races. We both like homebrew, but don't mind if things are kept to whats been officially released.

Times avaliable: Tuesday and Sunday from 4pm to 8 and up to 10pm CST.

Dm me your Discord username and we'll get to talking as soon as we're both available.
    "Aimar, Sus Tot"~ "Above all, Love"

KOBOLDS FTW!!! ^W^

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hello again, Playground. I've been absent from the site for a few years after I had to drop online games to focus on my graduate studies. Now that I have a job and am settled, I am hoping to get back into it.

For my style of play, I enjoy more narrative or exploration-based games than min-maxing for combat encounters or straight dungeon crawls. I know some people like the arcadey feel of these dungeons and get a feeling of satisfaction in finetuning characters to do something as efficiently as possible, but I admit that my grasp of mechanics is weaker and so I prefer encounters that are a little more "forgiving". I find story consequences more interesting and engaging than whose numbers are bigger. I see the system as a tool to implement some uncertainty and risk into the storytelling, not as a means unto itself.

As far as systems go, I am pretty familiar with Pathfinder 1.0 and D&D 3.5e. I have heard good things about 5e and would love to try it, but I feel apprehensive about tripping over the rules and would love a DM that can help guide me into the basics of the new system. "Baby's first dungeon" in 5e would be perfectly acceptable in my book. I have played a little bit of Dungeon World as well on the lighter mechanics side.

If you need somebody to help test your homebrew setting or have a different gameplay model for a game idea you've been thinking up, I'm your guy. I can do PBP, but I also have Discord and would be willing to either use it for OOC chatter to facilitate the game or just run it there completely.

Please message me if you would be willing to take on the role of DM. I guarantee that I will at least hear you out. If you've read this far, thank you for your time.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Im looking for someone who would be interested in running a Birth Right Game. It looks really interesting to me. I am however a novice when it comes to these games.

The Orcs are coming, the Orcs are coming.
    The Orcs are here to play.

Sir Rikkan
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2346021

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

I'm searching for a DM who could run a gritty viking/norse themed campaign. I've really been wanting to play a Viking themed campaign for a while now. I would love something flexible, almost sand boxy, so we can truly role play being Vikings who explore, raid, and adventure. I would also ask for a mid to low fantasy setting to make magic more mysterious and potent, however as players show interest we can formulate the setting for everybody to enjoy.

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

I realize this is a long shot, but I hope someone out there will take pity on us.

Established group (4) lost DM early on wishes to keep playing.
    System: Pathfinder 1e
    Availability: Wednesdays from 6-9 pm CST every other week.
    Platform: Discord, roll20.
    Description: We are 5 sessions in to Rise of the Runelords and our DM has gone completely silent. We have been playing on Roll20 using the Anniversary edition bundle.

As far as rules go, we have been playing Gestalt, 25pb, some 3p (Dreamscarred Press w/ some errata as necessary), and have a few houserules we had been playing under. The last can probably be discussed more, but it'd be jarring to switch the first 3 parts.

Experience: I am very experienced, but usually am the DM. The others are brand new to PF but have picked it up fairly well. We have been enjoying the roleplay every bit as much as the combat, so we aren't just in it for the power gaming. In fact, its preferred that a DM be able to weave some personalization into the AP.

*I mentioned we are using the Anniversary bundle on roll20, so that means most of the prep time would be eliminated.*

Also, we might be open to just restarting since we are only 5 sessions in.

Edit: I'd also be willing to trade off DMing every other book so nobody gets burnt out if that would help.
    Last edited by Asteron; 2021-01-22 at 08:37 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Halfling in the Playground

Hello! I’m Mikken I’ve mostly played 3.5 and pathfinder, but I’ve dabbled in many other systems. I know my way around well enough to make a character for just about any setting.

On to the reason for this post. I have moved away from my usual gaming group and have found it hard to scratch the role play itch. I’m open to really just about anything. My only caveat is that we don’t take things to seriously. A gritty campaign is all well and good. I just hope to find a crew willing to bend the rules to allow for proper badassitude when need arises.

Best case I suppose I’d like a DM willing to run a short campaign for now to see how things go. Along with 3 or so other players. I’m fairly open to settings and willing to discuss as a group. As I say I just have to many characters to keep them all hidden away.

Here’s hoping I hear back on this odd idea with no real context!

I’ve posted this before and currently have a level one gnomish rogue ready for 5e, it seems that thread died out on me. That being said anyone from that previous game is obviously welcome back here!

Contact me here or discord works too!
    LordMikken#1811

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Hi there,

I'm not sure how much attention this is likely to get, but thought it's worth a try. I've not played TTRPG or PbP in a long time - maybe 5+ years - but thought I'd try getting back into it.

Most of my experience has been in D&D 3.5, so I'm curious about anyone interested in a game of that, but preferably nothing too OTT in terms of extra rules and stuff - basically a beginner's game or similar.

If anyone's interested in running/playing such a game that would be great. 🙂

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Ogre in the Playground

I’m not sure if this is ever used or checked, but anybody willing to host a simple but high-ish level game. Small party. Good ol’ fun fantasy trouble making adventures. D&d 5e

A lot of character devel and rp
    I like factions and and business building sorta things. Guilds/taverns/Reputation/political intrigue ect.

Also maybe not a fully diverse team might be fun to play. Like all from the same Barbarian tribe, or dwarven family. Starting our own thieves guild or last members of a Druid circle.

I dunno, pretty open. Just looking for something that will last.
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2021-07-15 at 07:37 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Barbarian in the Playground

Currently there’s a thread of people looking to play Lancer but no GM: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...or-some-Lancer

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

smile Re: Seeking a DM

Rookie player looking to get back into some DnD 5e, am up for any kind of adventure as long as it's not too grim or gritty, smaller group preferred.

[EST, night games are my time because my job hates the idea of consistent schedules]

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGirl

Myself and three other players are looking for a GM willing to run a Play by Post Exalted campaign for Three new players and one who is somewhat experienced. We are entirely open to talk concepts of the game we were looking at Abyssals however nothing is set in stone. Please Pm me if you are interested. Thank you.
    Last edited by ReiyuTheFrozen; 2021-07-31 at 08:46 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Pixie in the Playground

Looking for someone to run a reptilian campaign in PF or 3.PF, open to suggestions for other systems too as long as we get enough lizard support.

Here is link:
    https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?634659-Anyone-fancy-a-reptilian-campaign

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Looking for a DM who would be willing to host a bi-weekly game on Mon/Tue, alternating with me hosting a separate campaign ever other week. I'm looking to get into 5e on both ends, as my usual is 3.5.

I've DMd a lot and wish to actually play for once, and I'm hoping I can find someone else in my situation to 'trade off' with. I use Maptool/Discord for my sessions, but am willing to use w/e for yours. PM if interested.
    "I love being wrong, for if I was always right, there would be nothing left to learn, and that would be a world I would not want to live in."
    -Benjamin Fisher
    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
    -Miles Kington
    "Space is his favorite thing in the world!"
    -Kayla Kros

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello! I am currently seeking a narrator/Game master for a Blue Rose: The AGE RPG of Romantic Fantasy. I have not gotten to play in it before so I'd need a Narrator who's willing to work with a newbie. I have a character planned out most of the way!

I have read the core book once through and love the setting and lore in it, so I'm looking forward to eventually playing in it!

Not sure what else might be good to say, but i will say i do have about 5-6 years of ttrpg experience and love roleplay.
    I prefer weekly games but every two weeks would be fine too! I also prefer more roleplay focused games but combat is obviously okay as well!

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Ogre in the Playground

Currently seeking a forum DM for Black Crusade. We've got four players who've shown interest so far. If you're interested in DMing, please send a message in the thread or contact me in PMs if you want more details.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Halfling in the Playground

Post Re: Seeking a DM

Seeking a 4e D&D game via forum.

I prefer to play a Striker or Leader, though I am willing to fill the Controller role if that's what's needed.

I would be able to post multiple times a day, barring lack of internet access due to an unexpected emergency IRL.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

Hello! I'm looking for a GM for one of two ideas

- a fantasy (d&d5 is fine) isekai game
    - a Cyberpunk Red game

Usually, I'm heavy into role-playing and character characterization and development.
    I apologize for any grammar mistake, English is not my first language.

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Looking for a DM to run a Mutants and masterminds third edition game.
    If interested, please post that in this thread:
    https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...asterminds-3e)

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by ZenTheLizard View Post
    Rookie player looking to get back into some DnD 5e, am up for any kind of adventure as long as it's not too grim or gritty, smaller group preferred.

[EST, night games are my time because my job hates the idea of consistent schedules]
    I'm also relatively new and looking for a game with the same criteria however I am looking for play-by-post on site

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

Looking for someone who would be willing to run a 5e game, preferably beginner friendly and starting at level one.

I haven't played in a few years, and would really like to. While I'd like to see the game evolve into something long term, I am more than willing to do a one shot.